Janet Jackson announces new album

Aaaah! Thank you Ms. Jackson! Welcome back!!
And may I be amongst the first to wish you a very happy birthday! :happy:

Thanks for posting Respect. I just saw this online and came to post about it. You were quicker. Lol!

For some reason, I can't see the video. :unsure: But, I'm glad to hear that new music is coming from her.

Fingers crossed that she brings her A game and that this gives her the commercial comeback she deserves.

Also, does the black hat and sunglasses mean Jam & Lewis are producing her again?

Nice video announcement. I like her speaking voice. Just like her singing, it's very light, smooth and soothing.

FYq7M.gif%20

Time to show the music industry how things should be done. GO FOR IT, JANET! :woohoo:

It's about friggin' time! I missed my chance to see her perform on her last tour so I'll hopefully have more luck this time around!:D

Exciting news, and happy belated birthday Janet! She mentioned in the announcement that she will be touring too...it's a bit surreal to think that she'll probably be nearing the age of 50 by the time she starts her concerts, being the same age MJ was for his TII shows.

It's nice to see people getting excited at the prospect of Janet's return. :D

Good luck and many blessings to her and her team. And btw of her team, as respect has already posted, Jimmy Jam has some pretty interesting and wise tweets.

Last edited:
Gosh, talk about taking yourself too seriously.

A modest press release would have sufficed.

I saw her in my hometown of Vancouver on her Up Close and Personal Tour in a 2,765 seat venue. It was my first time seeing her, and it blew my friggin mind. I haven't been a fan of her newer albums, the last one I thoroughly enjoyed was All For You, but still, I'm excited for this. I do find it surreal as KOP mentioned that she's almost 50 (that in itself blows my mind) now which was the same age as MJ with TII. Since she hasn't done an album since 2008, and the promo she posted kind of reminded me of Poetic Justice, I'm really interested to see what direction she goes with with this album and if she'll write about Mike at all.

I would love to hear a song penned by her about Michael. :heart:

Well Michael was following one of the biggest and most significant albums in pop history, not to mention it being released less than 2 years after one of the biggest scandals ever to rock the entertainment industry. The return of MJ couldn't have been bigger and he responded to that. Rightly or wrongly.

The point is, Janet has drifted into obscurity after a series of terrible albums. So this sounds pretty cringey to me.

Despite that, I'm interested to hear what she does, I hope it will be back to her best.

And so we're all clear, being a fan of Michael Jackson doesn't mean you agree with every aspect of his life and career.

I wish her well and glad for her that people are excited to see and hear her again.
Personally, I'd be really glad if she took her brothers on tour with her.

Well Michael was following one of the biggest and most significant albums in pop history, not to mention it being released less than 2 years after one of the biggest scandals ever to rock the entertainment industry. The return of MJ couldn't have been bigger and he responded to that. Rightly or wrongly.

The point is, Janet has drifted into obscurity after a series of terrible albums. So this sounds pretty cringey to me.

Despite that, I'm interested to hear what she does, I hope it will be back to her best.

And so we're all clear, being a fan of Michael Jackson doesn't mean you agree with every aspect of his life and career.

All this, yes! I didn't dislike her most recent work at all but it doesn't have as much meaning to me as Velvet Rope and janet. did.

However, I have to say that there is a lot of pressure for her to continue her career, as we all know she is the next most popular and talented family member behind Michael. (Marlon and Randy notwithstanding as it's not their career anymore, but both are accomplished musicians). She is the one that speaks about him the least but probably has the most to offer, and we know she will take all of her projects seriously. So, it is kind of a good thing, IMO, that she's still doing music, since every time most of the others in the family speak up or do something, I just roll my eyes. At least we know Janet is legit and marketable.

It appears she IS working with Jam+Lewis again. The camera pans to the hat and shades. Hopefully they do the whole album!

Velvet Rope and All For You albums are still my sheeit. They have aged very well.

I enjoyed aspects of Damita thru Discipline, but they weren't her best.
20 Years Old actually was a pretty good album, though.

And yes, haha. It was just funny that you (chris) said a press release would suffice when others had giant statues created to float on various parts of the world :D
A little teaser gets (fans at least) more excited.

I really don't think she will be successful in terms of top 10 hits anymore, but she will probably have a #1 album during its debut week and a single or 2 that catches on the r&b stations. It's just the way of the land with pop radio. If you're old, they don't care.

I hope she does small venues again this tour. While they weren't arenas, she didn't exactly play bars on the #1's tour. Really big theaters. But the show was very stripped down.

And yes, haha. It was just funny that you (chris) said a press release would suffice when others had giant statues created to float on various parts of the world :D
A little teaser gets (fans at least) more excited.

Of course it does. But be aware of context. If it's full of self-importance and you go on about 'a new movement' after making some really awful albums, you could just be setting yourself up for a big fall...again.

I'd have preferred she did something in 2015 that was lowkey and modest. The way she's going on it's as if she's Michael Jackson or it's the 90s again! lol

Still, good luck to her. It's been long enough she's been away that I'd actually give a new album from her at least one listen through.

I'm excited, and I'm hopeful that this album will be good. I find that Janet's albums usually work out well if she has something to say/a strong message like Control, Rhythm Nation, janet. and The Velvet Rope. Damita Jo, 20YO and Discipline were great albums but they failed to match the success of her previous albums probably because of the need to be current with a laid back 'having fun' theme. I hope this whole #ConversationsInACafeThing represents some sort of message that she'll push for the album. Good luck to her! I'll support her no matter what.

http://www.jackson-source.com/news/...e-new-album-on-july-10th-for-atlantic-records

Janet Jackson to release new album on July 10th for Atlantic Records
Published: Friday, 08 May 2015 17:59

Janet Jackson will release a new album later this year according to a recently discovered list of upcoming releases for Atlantic Records. It appears the album will be out July 10, it currently has no title. Janet's last album was Discipline released in 2008 for Island Records.

Back