Janet Jackson Announces "UNBREAKABLE WORLD TOUR"!!!

Janet back-preparing for tour-she posted this on her own account and news outlets picked it up. Super cute.

http://toofab.com/2016/02/12/janet-jackson-resurfaces-with-husband-wissam-al-mana-photos/

NewsFebruary 12, 2016 3:39 PM
Janet Jackson Resurfaces with Her "Sweetie" Following Mystery Illness

Launch

Ladies of the '80s & '90s -- Then & Now

Janet Jackson fans, you can all relax for a bit -- Janet’s on the mend, and raring to go back on tour!
The iconic songstress, one of three singers to have a Billboard #1 album in each of the last four decades, posted an adorable photo toFacebook on Friday, in which she can be seen beaming alongside her husband, Qatari business magnate Wissam Al Mana.
"Took a break from tour prep to attend 10th Anniversary of Lazarides Gallery n [sic] London with my sweetie... See you soon," she captioned the cute snapshot.
The mention of tour prep ought to be exciting news to Janet’s acolytes, inasmuch as it follows a string of axed concert dates over the past few months.

Last October Janet tweeted, "Hey you guys, I must rest my vocal chords. Doctor's orders... Will be rescheduling Salt Lake and Denver."
Then, on Christmas Eve, she pushed back her entire Unbreakable Tour, named after her new album "Unbreakable," until "the spring."
"I need you to know," her Instagram post read, "I learned today, from my doctors that I must have surgery."
She declined to elaborate on what the surgery was for, but assured the public, "Every date will be rescheduled. Please hold on to your tickets."
The public’s had a bit of waiting to do, but on the basis of this new Facebook post, the period of anticipation is drawing to a close!
The first tour date listed on her website is March 30th, at the Barclaycard Arena in Birmingham (that’s the U.K. one, not the Alabama one). After that, there’ll be a steady stream of European gigs, until her tour finally lands Stateside on May 14th, at the Las Vegas Arena.
Wishing you a spectacular tour, Janet!

Last edited:
Her European and UK tour is now postponed. Hopefully it's not her health.

jacksonsourceJanet Jackson has postponed her entire UK and European tour, just three weeks before it was due to begin. Janet was due to bring her Unbreakable show to London, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow, but the gigs have now been called off. "It is not possible to confirm new dates at the present time so we are refunding all ticket holders," an email from Ticketmaster told fans. Further dates in Ireland, Germany and France have also been postponed. Janet has yet to issue a statement on the cancellation. She had been in Europe since mid-February preparing for the shows and attending Paris Fashion Week. On 13 February, she posted a video from London, telling fans: "I am so excited. We cannot wait to perform for you." Janet had been due to resume her tour in Birmingham on 30 March, having previously postponed 29 US dates after being advised to have surgery. She later denied rumours that she had been diagnosed with cancer. "I'm recovering. My doctors have approved my concerts as scheduled in Europe, and as I promised, the postponed shows will be rescheduled," she wrote in a statement. "Thank you for your prayers and love." The postponed US dates were eventually rescheduled for July and August. Let's hope and pray that Janet will be alright....sending her much love, light and well wishes.#janetjackson#unbreakable#tour

She might have a serious ticket-selling-problem in Europe. She did not cancel her date in Dubai end of March and the Las Vegas-concert in may.

I hope she's ok! I had tickets for show in Finland.
Love & Light to Janet. ?

Rumour has it it's because of poor ticket sales.

From Ukmix.org

red3269 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:16 pm
Janet NEEDS to learn from this and start booking talk shows next week to promote the US leg. Although the US shows are doing considerably better than Europe, there are still some shows that are 50% sold. She cannot afford to cancel shows anymore, especially not in her main market.
This is all down to poor ticket sales - that's straight from the Live Nation office. Janet and her team (does she even have a team?) aren't saying anything because they're probably trying to figure out the best possible way to spin it

She really have promoted like she did in 2001 - she was everywhere around the release of 'All For You'. But she just doesn't care anymore.

From what I've heard, the O2 wasn't actually selling too badly, but other UK shows were at around 30%

It's nothing to do with her health. This was more Live Nation's decision, not Janet's. If it were her health, then she would have made the decision and she would have made the announcement (like she did at Christmas about her surgery). But it's the ticket companies making all the announcements because it's purely a business decision. That's why I feel kinda sad for her, because she probably wanted to perform but was probably left with no choice but to cancel if that's what Live Nation wanted. However, she will have known what the situation was for weeks (we all knew how bad sales were, so of course she knew) but she did absolutely nothing about it. So she's to blame as well.

Janet will get all the flack for this, but Live Nation are just as bad. They put all their efforts into artists like Beyonce and Madonna, and artists like Janet get such messy management.

I bet Janet didn't even know this would happen until a couple of days ago, so all these videos she's been posting were probably genuine. She's in London even - she must've thought the tour was going ahead.

Who advised her to put so many shows on the market, for example, in Germany there were 3 shows. She had difficulties in 2010 to fill the Berliner Tempodron with 2000 seats and I am very safe she benefited at that time for the newly added MJ fans.

Everything seems to be so complicated with Janet these days, maybe it's par of the course when you don't have major label backing, but things have been this way for a while now, and it's not like this is the first Janet tour to be plagued by illness rumours and mass cancellations.
I dunno what to think really, I was going to see the show and changed my mind at the last minute, which I am now thankful for. She certainly hasn't done herself any favours by doing this, but perhaps she doesn't care, especially if this is going to be her last full-scale world tour. Still, it's a shame she couldn't go out with a bang, after everything that's happened.

If she doesn't care why does she even bother to do tours?

Anyway, I thought the US leg of her tour was doing OK, but she was never really huge in Europe, especially continental Europe, not even in her hey day. She was always kind of "MJ's little sister" here, even during Rhythm Nation or Janet era.

True, there has been little to zero promotion of Unbreakable in the Czech Republic, I dont even think the local radios played No Sleep nor Burnitup!!! The album is not in the top 100 albums this time around, the highest postition it has attained was something like 30-40, such a shame. BMG could try harder.

so now everyone makes it to her facebook wall and releases their frustration towards her omg i can't even do you guys know the reason you forget that there's this live nation thing behind everything janet actually wants to make up for us but nooo you have to keep being negative /rant

so now everyone makes it to her facebook wall and releases their frustration towards her omg i can't even do you guys know the reason you forget that there's this live nation thing behind everything janet actually wants to make up for us but nooo you have to keep being negative /rant

honestly i bought my tickets a year ago granted ive been to EVERY JANET TOUR this one has had the most issue and in responcero the posterwuth the tour gif americans could have done the same with mjj post bad tours if a tour is going to lose money the plug gets pulled its just business.it may be the backers it may be her who knows

Janet is clearly lying about making up the dates (and the cancer scare for that matter). It's a shame what happened to her.

just fyiithe tabs are reporting itwas live nation who canceled the dates due to low sales so shes trying to get them resculed at smaller places

Yeah, I believe that Janet would happily perform even for one fan, but you have these business people that only seek profit and obviously wouldn't want to organise a concert for one person only.

OMG...Whats happening to J? Im at a loss for words. I have one shred of hope left that she doesn't cancel the remaining U.S. dates. I still have my tickets for May in Austin. I have not even the seen the tour yet. I cant believe this is happening! ='( and still no videos. I am very scared for her right now tbh. Very concerned. My heart is breaking.
If she cancels this last U.S. leg again,..? As much don't want to even say it but this era will be over. Im just dumbstruck right now.
And I can understand if UK are mad, but if it has to do with ticket sales then what do you expect her to do? She cant perform in half empty arenas. Even though you may have bought your ticket not enough "other" people did. Thats the only way a tour can happen is if enough people go to it. I don't know why who's fault it is. I do know Janet should be putting more out more material. We have only had one video which we loved but it left us wanting more. Unbreakable is an amazing album worthy of notoriety in todays time.
Again…Im just dumbstruck right now.

Yeah, I believe that Janet would happily perform even for one fan, but you have these business people that only seek profit and obviously wouldn't want to organise a concert for one person only.

Well, when Janet will pay it to perform for one person she can do it, but really you can`t expect that a concert promotor will pay the cost for it.

Well, when Janet will pay it to perform for one person she can do it, but really you can`t expect that a concert promotor will pay the cost for it.

I don't deny that, I just wanted to say that I don't understand the people that blame Janet for the cancellations. It's not her fault that the promotion went so badly.

I'm not a Janet fan so I really don't know why there are somewhat bitter comments about her canceling concerts. Is this a pattern for her or something? This reminds me of all the doubtful, cynical comments I went back and read on the 02 threads.
Maybe there is really a personal reason for canceling, like illness or family issues. She seems extremely private, so I doubt she would share if there was a serious reason.

^^OK-that makes me understand better. I really didn't know the history or pattern, so that makes more sense.

Janet may possibly be sick or something, but she has a history of doing this.

It's what some artists do when tickets aren't selling enough. Fake an illness or "scheduling conflicts".

She completed a very sizable 1st U.S. leg of the tour last year (around 38 shows), and then BAM, she's like IM DOING 2 more legs in 2016! TWO. It seemed really big and kind of unnecessary. Especially before Europe/elsewhere.

The first leg did great in the major markets. The next 2 were gonna revisit some smaller markets for her.

Also, again, Europe got the shaft with these cancellations.

The Number Ones Tour didn't seem to have this problem (i assume because she was selling out the smaller venues).

The Rockwitchu Tour was a similar hot mess of cancellations/rescheduling. She "got ill" then, too. In the end, a lot of dates were cancelled and some were shuffled around and the shows booked in Japan were cancelled altogether.

As far as I understand, the part of the problem is that Janet does not give any explanations.

She says nothing and from aside, it looks like she does not care. Some fans are offended.

At first, I saw fans being worried about her health but then Dubai World Cup performance was announced.
It showed there is no problem with health after all.?

IMO, few words from Janet could make things better for her.

As far as I understand, the part of the problem is that Janet does not give any explanations.

She says nothing and from aside, it looks like she does not care. Some fans are offended.

At first, I saw fans being worried about her health but then Dubai World Cup performance was announced.
It showed there is no problem with health after all.?

IMO, few words from Janet could make things better for her.

Yes, she could definitely communicate better with her fans.

Back