Janet Jackson Announces "UNBREAKABLE WORLD TOUR"!!!

Barbee0715, you are correct. I was not aware the rehearsals were postponed before this announcement. ET does not state it was the second time in their article or why it was postponed the first time in their video.

^^
I have not found one article regarding Janet postponing her tour for any reason before going to join her father.

Not the first time a media outlet wanna be starting something.

Yeah, they haven't said if any dates have been postponed just yet, but rehearsals have stopped for now. I reckon it may be a possibility those first few shows may be rescheduled.

I will post this article here and in Janet's subforum

Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal In Brazil While Visiting Ailing Father
JULY 30, 2015

Janet Jackson is still very much in "control."

Despite reports that the superstar had put rehearsals for her upcoming tour on hold after her father's stroke on July 27, Access Hollywood has learned exclusively that the "No Sleeep" singer has remained hard at work while he recovers.

According to inside sources, Janet brought "key personnel" to Brazil, where Joe is currently hospitalized, so she can continue prepping for her highly anticipated appearance at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in September as well as her upcoming tour. Sources say she is rehearsing after visiting hours at the hospital are over.

Her "Unbreakable" world tour kicks off Aug. 31 in Vancouver. Last week, Janet released a new music video for her current single “No Sleeep,” which is climbing the charts.

Insiders tell Access that Janet is in Brazil with her niece Stevena (brother Randy’s daughter), and will likely return to Los Angeles once her brother Randy and sister Rebbie arrive in Brazil to tend to Joe. We’re told they are already en route and Janet could be back in the States as early as Aug. 3.

The sources added that Joe "is on the mend."

-- Erin Biglow
http://www.accesshollywood.com/jane...ile-visiting-ailing-fathernbsp_article_110636

I got my tickets for her show today. I'm in section 321 row 1 and tickets were $110 each with taxes. They cut the venue into less than half of what is usually is to make it more personal I'm assuming, so I'm pretty impressed with the pricing to be honest. Last time she came I paid $200 (albeit a very different venue.) Taylor Swift is here August 1st, and her tickets for the same seats and venue are $217.50 though, and they're using the entire arena. $$$ :p

Actually, Taylor played at BC Place Stadium before a sold out crowd of 45 000. I should know I was right there, in front, in the Pit, cheering my angel on!(y)

Janet played at Rogers Arena last night and even that venue was, as you correctly state, cut in half to guarantee healthy ticket sales in terms of percentage sold. Better that then what happened to Bon Jovi who was forced to cancel when "fewer than 60 per cent of the 14,000 tickets had been sold."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/jon-bon-jovi-vancouver-concert-cancelled-1.3194446

I thought Janet's concert was a bit on the short side. Although she was scheduled to come on at 8 PM she came on at 8:20 and finished at 9:50. Taylor was scheduled to come on at 9 PM but started 15 minutes early and her show ran a full two hours.

Janet has a competent singing voice but I often strained unsuccessfully to make out the lyrics. I don't know if that's her fault or an engineer's. In contrast, I had no such difficulties with Taylor's voice.

Taylor had a youthful audience in awe of a pop star in her prime while Janet had a more mature audience that while respectful and appreciative of the icon was also more restrained.

Janet was at her strongest with her high energy up tempo dance material, which wisely comprised the bulk of the show, and she earned a thunderous ovation with her penultimate (?) performance of Rhythm Nation. Oddly, she chose to follow that up with a socially conscious song, whose title I can't recall and whose lyrics I strained to follow, that sucked the energy out of the crowd.

All in all, despite that fact that I haven't bought a CD of hers in years I did think it was worth the $130 price of admission to see a legend in person even if it was mostly for reasons of nostalgia.

I've seen a few "unofficial" reviews on the news today-mainly some pix and some shaky home video-the audience seems to be screaming their heads off though. I see she sang "Unbreakable"-wonder what that's like. Saw a picture of her breaking down with "Scream." Anybody see real reviews?

Edit to add: review from New York Times by Jon Pareles

02JANETWEB2-master675.jpg

VANCOUVER, British Columbia — A newly demure Janet Jackson started her Unbreakable World Tour at Rogers Arena here on Monday night. She was dressed in white and covered, like her dancers and musicians, from shoulders to shoes. And she avoided one big subset of her songwriting: her salacious, sometimes kinky whispers. That left Ms. Jackson, 49, to play the many other, less titillating roles that have given her major hits and made her an enduring influence across pop and R&B.
It has been four years since Ms. Jackson toured, and seven since she released a studio album; she has announced the impending release of a new one, “Unbreakable.” In 2012, Ms. Jackson married a Qatari businessman, Wissam al-Mana, and largely disappeared from public view before resurfacing to tour. Her Vancouver concert included three unreleased songs and the insinuating “No Sleeep,” the first single from “Unbreakable.” The concert’s finale, a ballad with Motown roots, was presumably the album’s title song; it praised enduring love, announcing, “It’s unbreakable.”
In songs and videos as early as her 1986 album “Control,” Ms. Jackson staked out possibilities that have been seized by many younger hit makers. Her songs with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, her longtime collaborators in songwriting and production, extrapolated from both Michael Jackson and Prince — then seen as rivals — while adding the Olympian optimism of Diana Ross and her own increasingly explicit eroticism. But even her risqué details were usually proffered to a man she loved, making romance carnal.
In Vancouver, her Unbreakable tour set arrived as medleys that touched on as many hits as possible, grouping the songs by persona and tempo. She was the woman taking charge (funk), the joyfully loyal lover (upbeat pop), the ballad singer, the woman left lonely (midtempo R&B), the party girl (dance-club beats), the rocker (with guitar up front) and, in the end, the idealist.
She also established her hip-hop connections. The opening song, a new one about D.J.s and dancing, had Missy Elliott rapping (on video) in praise of Ms. Jackson, and Ms. Jackson’s “Any Time, Any Place” was updated with a bit of Kendrick Lamar’s “Poetic Justice,” which had sampled that song. J. Cole, also on video, rapped on “No Sleeep.”
Most of the songs based their arrangements on the album tracks, propulsive and bustling. Yet when the band was pared back for ballads, Ms. Jackson’s exposed voice was still secure, never as delicate as she could make it sound. The rock songs included “Scream” as a duet with the voice of Michael Jackson; she belted it with a raw urgency.
Life is still a line dance for Ms. Jackson. For most of her concert, she was flanked by dancers in white who staked out geometric formations and usually echoed her every angular move: the jutting elbows, the quick head turns, the canted legs, the precise hip twitches, some of them familiar from the choreography of her old video clips. The dancers are her retinue and her troops, maybe even her cult, a vision of strength and solidarity even when Ms. Jackson was singing about one-on-one relationships.
As the concert neared its end, Ms. Jackson moved from the personal to the communal, summoning the staccato funk and calls for collective action of “Rhythm Nation”; suddenly, the number of onstage dancers more than doubled, all moving in sync. Next came a new song: a ballad that marched its way toward an anthem, part U2 and part trance music. The video screens showed photographs of the poor and homeless, as well as a shot with a Canadian message, with a protester’s sign addressing the country’s prime minister: “Harper: No Tar Sands Pipelines.” Her dancers pumped fists in the air, and she sang, “We won’t accept excuses / We tolerate no abuses” and “Make this world a better place.” It was the virtuous Janet Jackson, the one that was always there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/02/a...n-unbreakable-tour-vancouver.html?src=me&_r=0

Last edited:
That outfit she wore did not do her justice imo

Well, I was there :) I originally had front row balcony seats, but thankfully a friend of mine is a touring Janet fan and therefore has made connections over the years with the J-Crew, so she ended up going to say hey to her personal security guard Joey before the show, and he ended up switching all our seats (all 14 of us) for front row, and letting all of us into her VIP music section which had costumes, awards, personal photographs, and general memorabilia throughout her career. There was a signed painting of Janet by Michael (I'm not sure if he painted it for sure but it was definitely signed by him.) I got to see her Rhythm Nation costume, her Scream costume (she is SO tiny) amongst others. The script to Poetic Justice was there. Grammys, MoonMen, American Music Awards, etc. It was really really cool. Little sidenote: So Jo (the friend) and I met 6 years ago at the MJ Memorial along with our other friend Les, 2 years later on almost the exact same date (August 30th?) we all went to see Janet on her Intimate and Interactive tour, followed up by this tour 4 years later on the 31st. We also all met at Boston Pizza each time. Pretty cute actually. We didn't plan it that way, it just sort of happened :) Anyways this time she had an extra couple people who had come from out of town (LA, Atlanta, New York, etc.) They were all touring fans. I didn't even know that was still a thing :p But I think that's a good solid reason why we were able to score so many front row seats from Joey. We were literally about 10 feet or less away from the stage. The only thing that separated us was a small barrier for the camera and photography crew to fit. They were filming the centre front row so I have a feeling a tour video will be in the works at some point. I wear glasses for distance and I was so close I took them off and could still see her eyeliner :) Haha. The great thing about standing next to Megafans like Jo (and her friend Casey) is that Janet recognized them instantly and therefore rendered them a lot of attention. At one point, she even threw her ring (which was huge and weighed a lot) for Joey (who was in front of us) to catch, but in the chaos, he missed so Les and I ended up catching it instead (literally it landed on my shoulder), which of course we handed off to Jo. Then her personal assistant showed up searching around for it, so we earned some pretty good karma by giving it back, because most people would usually pocket it, and the thing likely cost a small fortune. But we all got to wear it for a hot second, and it was probably the most expensive piece of jewellery I'll ever hold, so that was cool :p As for the sound Agent M, that was def. her engineer's fault (good old first show errors.) She has a soft voice in general, but a lot of the time her mic would cut out but I could still hear her singing (so we know she sang live.) But even I strained a lot to make out most of her lyrics, so I feel you on that one. I was actually surprised a little by her setlist in terms of how many old ballads she did, which I still loved, but otherwise I was really impressed. She did mostly old stuff, maybe 1 or 2 from her newer albums (Feedback etc.) and 3 or 4 from her upcoming album. I remember one with Missy which is awesome, and a ballad with a great great great throbbing chorus which was really emotional and had Joey and some of us crying because the projection screen was wrought with photographs of those in poverty, the black lives matter movement, etc. And if I can say one thing, damn, that woman is pushing 50 and she can dance and slay with the rest of her 20 year old dancers. Now, for the crying part. Yes, she did cry, albeit very briefly. So, what happened was she stopped to thank the audience for all their love and support towards her family, which is when she started to cry, which in turn had the audience crying, which in turn had her camera, photography, and security crew crying, and so fourth and so on. So here we all were, a cheering crying emotional swell of people, then everyone started putting up their heart hand signs (like when she makes the heart with her fingers.) It was pretty tender (especially being that close to the stage and watching the people that know her crying too, you knew it was from a genuine place in her heart.) Anyhow, all in all, it was a fantastic show. If you can see her, do it, because it's totally worth it. Janet still has it guys. Ooh boy does she still have it.

I have a few photos from the night but don't know how to post them here, so if anyone can tell me how to do that I'd be glad to post them :)

Last edited:
^^^^ How wonderful! I'm going in 3 weeks exactly.

You can go to sites like Tinypic.com or ImageShack.com and upload the pics from your computer, then get the direct code and use the
url] (for example)
tags to post it here.

Janet's concerts are quite different from Michael's
She tends to have a more laid back style to her preformanes especially from what I've seen of her latest concerts. She doesn't have the "outthere" outfits that Mike did with his tours and I think for her its more bout being comfortable in I guess in tune with the song and not the crazy u know technical "light effects" etc

Hey Tinny-since she sang it in her concert, how did "Unbreakable" sound??

Also I saw a review that said she wore "Michael-like harem pants." Does anybody remember Michael ever wearing harem pants??!

Hey Tinny-since she sang it in her concert, how did "Unbreakable" sound??

Also I saw a review that said she wore "Michael-like harem pants." Does anybody remember Michael ever wearing harem pants??!

I saw him wearing some during a photo shoot, but don't recall him wearing them other than that.

Hammer%20Time%20pants%202_zpsjjoxxdmu.jpg

Last edited:
Janet's concerts are quite different from Michael's
She tends to have a more laid back style to her preformanes especially from what I've seen of her latest concerts. She doesn't have the "outthere" outfits that Mike did with his tours and I think for her its more bout being comfortable in I guess in tune with the song and not the crazy u know technical "light effects" etc
Maybe it's considered laid back-I watched some snippets of home video today and it looked like they had a lot of dance numbers and crazy lights/wind machines going.:)

[h=1]New article from ET:
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/janet-jackson-kicks-off-u-233000206.html

Janet Jackson Kicks Off U.S. Comeback Tour Against Doctor's Advice -- See Video of Her on Stage[/h]

Emily Krauser

September 12, 2015

We're finally together again with Janet Jackson!
The 49-year-old pop icon has officially kicked off her U.S. comeback tour -- even though she's been warned not to go on stage.
NEWS: Janet Jackson Unveils Unbreakable Title Track
Jackson performed in Grand Rapids, Michigan, on Sept. 11, but ET has learned that she did so against medical advice. The "All For You" singer is reportedly suffering from an ear issue that is causing her to travel by bus now rather than fly.
If she felt any pain, no one in the audience on Friday night could tell. Eyewitness tell ET that while she rarely addressed the crowd directly, Jackson sounded fantastic. "She looked very happy and healthy and came off very sincere and sweet," one fan said.
"It was a nonstop dance party," a second eyewitness added. "She is back as the Queen of Pop. She hasn't lost a step."
From the many videos uploaded on social media by happy fans, it's clear that Jackson has been prepping long and hard for this tour, and her work has paid off. Just check out her energetic choreography in the videos below.
a6fd203f052bf516e91a6379807f1d5b

3f5152604e247ed30db70b0ad285642d
Over the course of the almost two hour show, she performed 31 songs and shook her groove thang in two different costumes.
This is Jackson's "Rhythm Nation," and we're all just living in it.
We've got one month to go until she releases her highly anticipated new album, Unbreakable. Find out more details about the upcoming release in the video below.

The Orlando show was AMAZING last night! Crowd dancing, lights flashing, bass booming, and I knew all the words! :D I could hardly hear anymore when she performed Rhythm Nation near the end of the show. Such a powerful song and message. And my gosh, she can dance her butt off.

To me, she performed all those songs rather quickly, the show was over in 1.5 hours, however, I still loved seeing and hearing her. I was hoping for maybe a mention of Michael or the Scream video routine she did at the 2009 VMAs, but that didn't happen. :no:

And at the end, she was so very gracious and sweet and sincere when she thanked us for all of the support, not just for her, but for her entire family. :heart:

I was hoping for maybe a mention of Michael or the Scream video routine she did at the 2009 VMAs, but that didn't happen. :no:

And at the end, she was so very gracious and sweet and sincere when she thanked us for all of the support, not just for her, but for her entire family. :heart:

I understand. I offer for consolation that Michael is still a part of the family.

So for those waiting for a European leg of the tour: A few minutes ago livenation.de had a show online for April 14th in Munich, Olympiahalle. They obviously took it down again now. Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot. I'm not sure if it was a mistake altogether or if it was just a mistake that is was online. Let's hope for the latter. It said tickets would go on sale October 2nd, 10 o'clock.

Bookings will shortly open (on Friday 9th October) for a date at the London O2 on 31 March 2016

(I received a preview email but cannot link to it...)

I just purchased 3 tickets to see Janet Jackson at the O2 Arena in London :D I'm in a state of shock :girl_pride:

750x422

Last edited:
I saw the show in Osaka,Japan.Night was so brilliant.but I wanted to listen more new tracks from Unbreakable!

Back