Janet Jackson Announces "UNBREAKABLE WORLD TOUR"!!!

I’m curious as to why at her age she wants to return to touring? She is supposedly rich from her former career and she’s married to a billionaire. I know Tina Turner and Madonna did it but they don’t have billionaire husbands and they both have children. Is Janet that desperate for the spotlight again or is there trouble in paradise? Whatever her reasons it will take more than her old act to put her on top again. She doesn’t have her brother’s genius, magic or showmanship.

It will also take more than naming her songs the same names as her mega superstar brother.

Ha ha - . Unbreakable???? She never had any creativity on her own- she always had to steal from her brother now even beyond the grave- disgusting. :doh:

Ugggghhh.
How is she stealing from her brother because he had a song called that?
Some of y'all are #theworst

I knew the fandom was gonna give her shite for the tour name.

Fair enough TinnyandOdd.

I just stated those two previous comments because some people can't stand others stating criticism. If I want to criticize her for any thing, in this case, naming a song with a title Michael came up with first, I'll do it whether some people like it or not.

You're really reaching with this one.
Unbreakable isn't even a hit. It's an obscure song outside of the fandom that wasn't a single.
MJ didn't make that word. If she called the tour Invincible, MAYBE I'd lean to your side.

Last edited:
I read somewhere else that these are just the tour dates that leaked so far, so there are possibly more. Official announcement is tomorrow apparently.

She's totally gonna do another leg with those other cities.
She'll probably do those after Europe or wherever she goes.

On the evening local news here in TX they said something about her tour and I ran to turn the sound up-but all I caught was that she was either coming to TX or not coming to TX.
So that didn't help. :(. Maybe they'll repeat it tomorrow.

You're really reaching with this one.
Unbreakable isn't even a hit. It's an obscure song outside of the fandom that wasn't a single.
MJ didn't make that word. If she called the tour Invincible, MAYBE I'd lean to your side.

The only reason it wasn't a single was because Sony refused to keep promoting the Invincible album. Michael meant to release Unbreakable.

Yes. I know. I'm a part of the MJ fandom. I know all these things.
That has nothing to do with my point, tho. It wasn't a single and it's not a widely known song. She's not capitalizing on a word.

On the evening local news here in TX they said something about her tour and I ran to turn the sound up-but all I caught was that she was either coming to TX or not coming to TX.
So that didn't help. :(. Maybe they'll repeat it tomorrow.

im telling you, there's going to be another U.S. leg at some point :D
The fact that there's no NY show now is proof. She'll mos def be in TX.

She's totally gonna do another leg with those other cities.
She'll probably do those after Europe or wherever she goes.

Since this is advertised as a world tour I assume there will be other legs with international dates as well. So far there are only US and a couple of Canadian dates.

TBH I don't understand what' the big fuss is about - those who say it's that bizarre to even think Janet's tour name is actually inspired by her brother's song and those who act like it's the worst crime ever if she did. Many artists used iconic MJ titles before and I think Janet is entitled to do it just like them, maybe more than them, regardless of the family personal affairs. Whatever else she did that you may not like (and I'm one of those fans who don't) has nothing to do with it, I think she could name her tour "Invincible" and I'd still have no big issue with it, even though I don't think she should.

Anyway, the tour title is the little issue here, let her fans enjoy the tour announcement. I wish we could get one more MJ tour so bad and I think we would hate it if people tried to ruin it for us over technical things like the tour name and whether or not it's "ripping off" somebody's song.

^^I looked for all the songs named Unbreakable (just with that word), Michael's is the oldest song, he named his song with that title first. And about Elvis, unlike Michael, he didn't compose any of his songs.

Personally, I thought it was stringing somewhat close to MJ but I don't think it's that big a deal... and what does Elvis not composing his songs have to do with anything? Whoever composed it is irrelevant, he still made a damn song by that name years before MJ was even born :p

They announced that she will be in Michigan today on the news but not in one of the big arenas like Auburn Hills or Detroit. She will be in Grand Rapids. :popcorn: Her last tour bombed big time so I’ll be very interested to see how she pulls this one off. I wish her no success whatsoever. :candy:

Victory22;4094590 said:
They announced that she will be in Michigan today on the news but not in one of the big arenas like Auburn Hills or Detroit. She will be in Grand Rapids. :popcorn: Her last tour bombed big time so I’ll be very interested to see how she pulls this one off. I wish her no success whatsoever. :candy:

I totally agree. I don't wish her success either.

So many Janet haters its pathetic. Any title she would have had, you all would have horribly critiqued it. It's like you all are jealous that Janet is still creating music and still a pop icon. That's about all I'll say because what I really want to say is so unimaginable but it is the truth when it comes to you haters.

So many Janet haters its pathetic. Any title she would have had, you all would have horribly critiqued it. It's like you all are jealous that Janet is still creating music and still a pop icon. That's about all I'll say because what I really want to say is so unimaginable but it is the truth when it comes to you haters.

Off topic and uncalled for. Janet is a big girl who has been in the business a long time. She was sure to attract haters when she attacked MJ and his kids.

It's amazing how people hang around threads for someone they don't like

charismatic;4094611 said:

No one here is jealous of Janet at all. The thing you and others need to realize that she burned plenty of bridges with her actions in 2012. Doing what she did and doing nothing when her "fans” were attacking her niece, considering her niece went out of her way to say Janet did not strike her at all it would have been nice to say Paris has no blame in any of this, whatever it was. And a lot of people have moved on and others have not. But for people to pick at every little thing is pointless and crazy. She named her album Unbreakable, so what. She can do that it’s a word, not like she named it propofol

Last edited:

Errr I don't know how to take that post, I wasn't going to say anything in this thread until I read that, are you saying that we are jealous that your idol can still create music and ours can't? I really hope that's not what you meant.
----------

In the interest of peace I think everyone should just not engage with the opposing view, just ignore and discuss around or these conversations just escalate.

So many people are holding such a grudge against Janet when the fans don't know the full story, no matter what side you're on.. You only know what the media reported.. You have no idea what really went on behind closed doors.. And as far I know, Janet has even been spotted with MJ's kids since the whole debacle in 2012, so obviously things got squashed..

Please tell me of a family as large aa the Jackson family that hasn't had any sort of disfunction between relatives.. Shit happens.. Does that automatically mean Janet hated her brother and her nephews and niece? Obviously not.. Geez, just let it go..

I personally would not go to her show just because going to concerts is not my thing. If people go to her show enjoy yourself. And if you don&#8217;t want to go that&#8217;s fine too. But this thread is about her tour not what she did in 2012 <o:p></o:p>

So many people are holding such a grudge against Janet when the fans don't know the full story, no matter what side you're on.. You only know what the media reported.. You have no idea what really went on behind closed doors.. And as far I know, Janet has even been spotted with MJ's kids since the whole debacle in 2012, so obviously things got squashed..

Please tell me of a family as large aa the Jackson family that hasn't had any sort of disfunction between relatives.. Shit happens.. Does that automatically mean Janet hated her brother and her nephews and niece? Obviously not.. Geez, just let it go..

I didn't want to post anything here but I'm afraid Janet has NOT even been spotted with MJ's kids since 2012.

My issue is her throwing her defenseless and deceased brother under the bus to the media.. Janet willingly gave Robin Roberts and Oprah the narrative that they were looking for when he passed.. Her brother was not a drug addict and his autopsy proved that.. she never apologized for those mean spirited attacks on her brother when we all know MJ would have never said anything like that about her..I will never wish her well or support anything she does.. For those buying her music and seeing her shows I wish you well and much enjoyment but her whole fakeness and calculated coldness towards MJ was enough to turn me off.. If it wasn't for the talents of 5 year old Michael Jackson, she and the rest of his family members would still be in Gary Indiana.

This is not the appropriate thread for this. I just got chewed out last week for this same topic in another unrelated thread. Seriously - just go start a Janet Sucks thread or something, please and thank you.

You don't have to like or tolerate Janet. This thread is for her tour, that's it.

I can't wait to see her show in San Francisco!!! She always puts on such a great high energy fun show!

I'll be taking my wife and our 6 year old daughter who is already a HUGE fan of Janet.. Can't wait to share the experience with them.. It'll be my kid's first concert.. We will definitely have to get her ear plugs cuz I know it gets loud lol.. But can u imagine when she grows up and she can say her first concert was Janet Jackson!

IIRC, my first big arena show was Velvet Rope. It was awesome! She blew me a kiss after the show when leaving the arena :swoon: :D

Also Usher was her opening act - lolololol

This thread is now closed for cleaning. Whether it will remain so, or be re-opened remains to be seen.

Back