Janet Jackson on suriving the family circus and missing Michael

MsMo

Proud Member
The littlest Jackson is back in the limelight. Janet talks parents, politics, Michael — oh, and music

Excerpt:

Preparing to put herself back among the Rihannas and Gagas, Jackson is promoting The Best while preparing a European tour for 2010 and writing a book, True You, which, she says, will look at her struggles with weight gain and self-esteem. Yet for all her insecurities — she was quoted recently as saying that she hated her smile — Jackson seems strong.

There’s no high-pitched simpering, no glibness, just steady, if occasionally guarded, opinion. It does, however, take time for her to be drawn on Michael. She finally opens up when pressed about her tribute performance at the MTV Video Music Awards in September. “It hit me before I was about to do the performance, and it hit me when we were in rehearsal. There was a huge image of him on this screen, and I started to cry. I had to step away.” She saw her brother two days before his death, and for months after avoided watching television, but his image is impossible to escape. “You know, a day doesn’t go by where you don’t think about him,” she says. “It’s always there, in every sense. “But it will get better. It’s not easy, but I know with time it will get easier.” She stops. “But it will never be easy. It’s my brother.”

Almost as soon as the M-word is mentioned, the PR machine kicks in, and Jackson must return to rehearsals. What motivates her to keep going? Surely she could sit back, admire the awards, the accolades, the achievements? “I think it’s just passion. That’s all it is. Would you do it for free, that’s the question. And if you’re passionate enough, you will. That’s what I think the secret to success is. You don’t want to stop, so, as long as you can, you keep going.” She pauses. “I hadn’t listened to any of the old stuff until we put this compilation together. The body of work trips me out, but I almost forget it’s there. I don’t look back, I just try to keep going.”

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article6931756.ece

.” She saw her brother two days before his death, and for months after avoided watching television, but his image is impossible to escape.

don't even bother with this interview

in the past she has not sold well in Europe....so you might be right that it wont happen...or she'll do small venues...

Actually, she did in the 90's. RN1814 tour, The janet. tour and TVR tour were very successful in Europe.

She saw her brother two days before his death....

??Um I am fairly certain that she said the last time she saw him was 2 days before her birthday in May at her parents wedding anniversary dinner (the same as the rest of the family). This article (although generally positive) is most likely tabloid rubbish.

typcial rubbish from the times uk paper. one of murdochs trash who have done nothing but talk shit about mj for years

Actually, she did in the 90's. RN1814 tour, The janet. tour and TVR tour were very successful in Europe.
yeah they were but i guess the poster is talking about more recent times and the cancelled tour of 2001 ontop of the poor sales shes suffered since TVR in europe

typcial rubbish from the times uk paper. one of murdochs trash who have done nothing but talk shit about mj for years

yeah they were but i guess the poster is talking about more recent times and the cancelled tour of 2001 ontop of the poor sales shes suffered since TVR in europe
she cancelled the all for you tour in europe as well? oh boy..
basically janet is a no name in Europe she primarly known as the lil sis nowadays, since the past 8-9 years actually. nobody cares for her, and about her tours being successful we ain't talking about the early 90s or mid 90s here.. we're talking about the all for you years and onwards.. she's considered a has been, thats what it is, even her past albums, not counting the recent greatest hits that flopped big time, but the previous three albus, damita jo, 20 y.o. and discipline those albums sold only 2 to 3 (if even) million copies WORLDWIDE only... says alot basically....

she cancelled the all for you tour in europe as well?
yes if thats the one that was happening around 9/11. she hasnt cancelled any others tmk. i remember when that tour was announced i got early sale privilage from an arena as id had deen her previous two tours there. but at the time the tics were really expensive so i decded not to bother. that didnt help her. although now those prices seem reasonable at the time they werent imo

she cancelled the all for you tour in europe as well? oh boy..
basically janet is a no name in Europe she primarly known as the lil sis nowadays, since the past 8-9 years actually. nobody cares for her, and about her tours being successful we ain't talking about the early 90s or mid 90s here.. we're talking about the all for you years and onwards.. she's considered a has been, thats what it is, even her past albums, not counting the recent greatest hits that flopped big time, but the previous three albus, damita jo, 20 y.o. and discipline those albums sold only 2 to 3 (if even) million copies WORLDWIDE only... says alot basically....

Was all this necessary?:mello:

Back