Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

Re: Janet's world tour - first date set

Both Janets Chiacago dates are sold out as well !!!

---------
Regarding her last tour, to be fair, I had friends going to the Rockwitchu tour and they said the venues looked pretty full to them.. Staples Center were packed

This is also what Billboard reported back then

"While not all of the ticket sales have been reported, boxscores ranked at least in the top 30, with half of the four reported shows in the top 20. In Washington, D.C. the Rock Witchu show ranked its best at #11."

Is this good? :p lol hehe

Both Janets Chiacago dates are sold out as well

---------
Regarding her last tour, to be fair, I had friends going to the Rockwitchu tour and they said the venues looked pretty full to them.. Staples Center were packed

This is also what Billboard reported back then

"While not all of the ticket sales have been reported, boxscores ranked at least in the top 30, with half of the four reported shows in the top 20. In Washington, D.C. the Rock Witchu show ranked its best at #11."

Is this good? :p lol hehe

Good for her.. I would hope a 5000 seat area would sell out for her. If it didn't she would be in a world of trouble

I can't wait to get my ticket !!! :wild: This waiting of European dates is killing me!

I think she'll have a break in May and will tour Europe during summer, July would be just perfect.

so these are all theatre dates? How many does a theatre hold ?

That's what I found in one of her forums:
Venues and Capacities
PICC Planery Manila 3,813
Singapore Indoor Stadium 12,000
BSJCC Plenary Hall Jakarta 5,000
Hong Kong 6,000
Rodeo Houston Reliant Stadium 71,500
Chicago Theatre 3600 x2
Sony Center Toronto 3,000 x2
Mohegan Sun Uncasville 9,500
Radio City NY 6,000 x2
DAR Constitution DC 3,700 x 2
Borgata Events Center Atlantic City 2,400 x2
Fox Theatre Atlanta 5,000
Fox Theatre St Louis 4,500
Verizon Theatre Grand Prairie 6,350
Qwest Center Omaha 18,300
Wells Fargo Denver 5,000
Comerica Theatre Phoenix 5,500
Santa Barbara Bowl 4,560
Gibson Amphitheatre LA 6,200 x2
Bill Graham Civic San Fran 7,000 x2
Collosseum Las Vegas 4,082 x2

No I came across the fact that she got 'vertigo' and cancelled the rest of the shows.. and the fact that LL Cool J dropped out of the show much earlier due to poor ticket sales.

Oh, ok, so you're not talking smack now because you came across a set of attendance numbers that showed she really was doing bad as the media said. The way you're talking, I thought she sold only 2,000 seats or something.

I don't care for Janet, but anyone with eyes can see she wasn't doing as bad as it was painted. That's why it's no surprise to hear she's adding dates. This time, her camp launched her tour very smart.

Oh, ok, so you're not talking smack now because you came across a set of attendance numbers that showed she really was doing bad as the media said. The way you're talking, I thought she sold only 2,000 seats or something.

I don't care for Janet, but anyone with eyes can see she wasn't doing as bad as it was painted. That's why it's no surprise to hear she's adding dates. This time, her camp launched her tour very smart.

I guess she feels very good with herself adding dates. More than likely that's happening in large cities like NY, LA and Chicago. I do find Janet playing small venues to be a step back for her. She claims it's because she wants to be more intimate with her fans, I believe it's because she's scared she won't sell out large arenas anymore.

She claims it's because she wants to be more intimate with her fans, I believe it's because she's scared she won't sell out large arenas anymore.

Obviously.:lol:

I guess she feels very good with herself adding dates. More than likely that's happening in large cities like NY, LA and Chicago. I do find Janet playing small venues to be a step back for her. She claims it's because she wants to be more intimate with her fans, I believe it's because she's scared she won't sell out large arenas anymore.

So what? I'm no fan of Janet to be honest but this is just ridiculous. Let her be. Nobody's forcing you to go or even remotely take an interest.

I think people are being a bit harsh here. There's nothing wrong with doing smaller venues, plenty of artists do it.

Venues and Capacities
Hong Kong 6,000
Chicago Theatre 3600 x2
Radio City NY 6,000 x2
Wells Fargo Denver 5,000
Santa Barbara Bowl 4,560

This is really all that needs to be said right here. Janet is currently holding the #1 and #2 spots for ticket sales for the entire Southeastern United States and the Mid-Atlantic AND #1 on the west coast. On top of the fact that she's #1 on Ticketnews. To think she's selling these venues less than a week after tickets go on sale, that should tell silly people there is demand for her.

She can tour arenas if she wanted to. Her tickets are selling fast. Imagine if ppl actually had the full two months to get tickets. No doubt in my mind those arenas would be full.

I can't wait to get my ticket !!! :wild: This waiting of European dates is killing me!

I think she'll have a break in May and will tour Europe during summer, July would be just perfect.

Venues and Capacities
Hong Kong 6,000
Chicago Theatre 3600 x2
Radio City NY 6,000 x2
Wells Fargo Denver 5,000
Santa Barbara Bowl 4,560

Sad end. But I do not feel sorry for her.

Rest in peace...career.

I think people are being a bit harsh here. There's nothing wrong with doing smaller venues, plenty of artists do it.
No there isn't anything wrong with it, and yes there are plenty of singers who play at smaller venues, but let's not try and fool ourselves about this theater tour, there was a reason for her team to choose a theater tour, and it had little to do with creating an intimate atmosphere. Her team did one hell of a good job by opting for smaller venues. Janet is at the end of her music career, considering her mature age, the years she's been active this is a graceful movement. There is no point in holding onto something that's faded ages ago. I wish her luck, hopefully she'll succeed at this and then concentrate on acting in Taylor Perry films, cuz I think she was fab in them.

That was the very REASON that she chose small venues. Now, it makes it seem as if she is selling out. IMO, if Beyonce had done small venues like this, EVERY Janet fan would be saying that Bey was over. The "up close and personal" was a ploy and it seems to working because she is selling out.

That was the very REASON that she chose small venues. Now, it makes it seem as if she is selling out. IMO, if Beyonce had done small venues like this, EVERY Janet fan would be saying that Bey was over. The "up close and personal" was a ploy and it seems to working because she is selling out.

Exactly.. if Beyonce, Madonna, or Britney do something like that Janet's fans would say they are done. We all know the truth as to why she chose smaller venues. Well anyway good luck to her!

thank you she did a private concerete last september at radio music hall and enjoyed it so she decided for this tour to make it more intimate. exactly alot of artists do intimate tours once in a while .

was Beyonces' I am your tour a ploy? and Britney's house of blues tour, how about Usher's ladies only tour? where they all ploys tour, and where were the "over' claims than .

Artist: Janet Jackson, Hedspin

I don't know why you'd agree when you also saw the numbers. Did you come across another set of numbers or something?

Post the stats for the shows that got canceled..then I will answer you.

We are not talking about the same thing.

Venues and Capacities
Hong Kong 6,000
Chicago Theatre 3600 x2
Radio City NY 6,000 x2
Wells Fargo Denver 5,000
Santa Barbara Bowl 4,560

Wow...

It seems like some of you would like to see Janet fail. Why? She's a great artist and a lovely person, and also MJ's 'dunk'. We should give her more love. I for one would love to see her live :heart:

A little OT:

One thing I never quite understood (LOL) is the difference between "Arena" and "Stadium."

Which one is the larger venue?

^ stadiums are bigger usally holds between 40-50,000 , arenas hold usally 20-30,000, for sporting events but the thing about arenas is if your doing a concert , it's never sold to maxium capacity unless ( the artists uses a round stage or somthing) the seats behind the stage are never sold , so at most 18,000 tickets might be put on sale .

I really sorry for her. The Rock Witchu Tour didn't go so well. Half of the dates were cancelled and grossed only 9 mil (16 shows 136,542 tickets) compared to AFY tour 41mil (55 shows 647,024 tickets).
RN and Janet tours were attended by 2 mil people. Hope these 35 dates will bring her bach to the early succes she had on tour.

Last edited:

^ stadiums are bigger usally holds between 40-50,000 , arenas hold usally 20-30,000, for sporting events but the thing about arenas is if your doing a concert , it's never sold to maxium capacity unless ( the artists uses a round stage or somthing) the seats behind the stage are never sold , so at most 18,000 tickets might be put on sale .

Thanks for the information strawberry!

I wonder why they didn't try arenas first, instead of going straight to the theatres.

Artist: Janet Jackson, Hedspin
Venue: General Motors Place
City/State: Vancouver, British Columbia
Event Date: Sept. 10, 2008
Gross Sales: $927,098
Attend/Capacity: 8,941 / 11,074
Shows/Sellouts: 1 / 0

Artist: Janet Jackson, LL Cool J
Venue: Staples Center
City/State: Los Angeles, California
Event Date: Sept. 17, 2008
Gross Sales: $1,181,045
Attend/Capacity: 12,109 / 13,025

Artist: Janet Jackson, Nelly
Venue: Oracle Arena
City/State: Oakland, California
Event Date: Sept. 13, 2008
Gross Sales: $809,478
Attend/Capacity: 9,430 / 12,282

Artist: Janet Jackson
Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center
City/State: Las Vegas, Nevada
Event Date: Sept. 19, 2008
Gross Sales: $1,027,602
Attend/Capacity: 8,065 / 8,168
Prices: $300.75, $55.75

Artist: Janet Jackson, LL Cool J
Venue: Allstate Arena
City/State: Rosemont, Illinois
Event Date: Sept. 25, 2008
Gross Sales: $792,139
Attend/Capacity: 9,519 / 11,541
Prices: $129.75, 24.75

Janet Jackson, LL Cool J
Verizon Center
Washington, D.C.
Oct. 15, 2008
$1,077,846
9,720 / 10,389
1 / 0
$129.75, $49.75
Live Nation

Janet Jackson, LL Cool J
Izod Center
East Rutherford, N.J.
Oct. 17, 2008
$883,472
10,865 / 14,247
1 / 0
$365.76, $12
Live Nation

Janet Jackson, LL Cool J, DJ Playboy
Toyota Center
Houston, Texas
Oct. 21, 2008
$548,039
7,090 /
1 / 0
$124.75, $49.75
Live Nation

Janet Jackson, LL Cool J, DJ Playboy
American Airlines Center
Dallas, Texas
Oct. 22, 2008
$532,393
7,729 / 11,640
1 /0
$124.75, $49.75
Live Nation

I don't know why you'd agree when you also saw the numbers. Did you come across another set of numbers or something?

Thank you for posting this. Media made the situation much worst than it really was. Janet was genuinely sick during this time. Reasons why she cancelled (Doctor's orders), but she wanted to continue. Rumors were saying she was pregnant and miscarried too.

Thanks for the information strawberry!

I wonder why they didn't try arenas first, instead of going straight to the theatres.

she said she wanted to do a more scaled back tour , and make it more intimate, others are saying it's a polly for can't sell out arenas. but imo if you look at the numbers now she could certaintly do arenas, if your selling out two or three nights at 6,000 -5,000 that's still 12,000 -15,00 and that's certiantly good enough to fill a arena.

I really sorry for her. The Rock Witchu Tour didn't go so well. Half of the dates were cancelled and grossed only 9 mil (16 shows 136,542 tickets) compared to AFY tour 41mil (55 shows 647,024 tickets).
RN and Janet tours were attended by 2 mil people. Hope these 35 dates will bring her bach to the early succes she had on tour.

damn, janet has nothing on michael! again, i must emphasise- michael was built for stadiums. janet can only do arenas.

michael's tours had much higher ticket sales- bad tour- 4million. dangerous- 3.5million. history- 4.5million

but with janet's comment that this intimate tour might be her biggest, maybe she meant in terms of number of concerts. 35 cities do not mean 35 dates. she might do 2-3 for each city, bringing the total of concerts close to 100. AND it's a greatest hits tour, so it should sell more than rock withchu.

however, considering that tina turner still did arenas (not theatres) of 10000-40000 people WITHOUT lipsyncing during her greatest hits tour at age 68-69 and lady gaga's us tour is still a fresh memory, janet really needs to pull something out of the bag to get good reviews.

janet should lipsync less. otherwise reviewers and even fans might say, why should we put up with britney and janet if we have lady gaga and madonna who don't lipsync? i have a feeling that if this tour doesn't do well, janet might not tour again unless she releases another killer album like "the velvet rope" :(

her sales been good for her tours though

Janet Jackson tour grosses:

Rhythm Nation 1814 World Tour: $45million
Janet World Tour: $62million
The Velvet Rope World Tour: $73million
All For You World Tour: $55million
Rock Witchu Tour: $10million

= $245million career total

damn, janet has nothing on michael! again, i must emphasise- michael was built for stadiums. janet can only do arenas.

michael's tours had much higher ticket sales- bad tour- 4million. dangerous- 3.5million. history- 4.5million

but with janet's comment that this intimate tour might be her biggest, maybe she meant in terms of number of concerts. 35 cities do not mean 35 dates. she might do 2-3 for each city, bringing the total of concerts close to 100. AND it's a greatest hits tour, so it should sell more than rock withchu.

however, considering that tina turner still did arenas (not theatres) of 10000-40000 people WITHOUT lipsyncing during her greatest hits tour at age 68-69 and lady gaga's us tour is still a fresh memory, janet really needs to pull something out of the bag to get good reviews.

janet should lipsync less. otherwise reviewers and even fans might say, why should we put up with britney and janet if we have lady gaga and madonna who don't lipsync? i have a feeling that if this tour doesn't do well, janet might not tour again unless she releases another killer album like "the velvet rope" :(
There's little chances for anything killer' coming froM Janet Jackson as far as music is concerned, she's at the end of her career, she should bow down one last time in this theatre tour and move on to acting without looking back.
Also nobody here can compare the phase Janet is in, to those of Beyonce or Britney that would ridiculous, she may have been in the same phase as they are now between 1993 and 1996 definitely not now, let's not fool ourselves.

I plan to see her simply because I've never seen her in concert and I don't want to miss out like I did with Michael only seeing him once during Victory our. Its the same reason I supported Jermaine when he did his show.

#1 selling tour on ticketmaster.

2i0vx9f.jpg

Back