Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

What are the ticket price's for it?

Well I wouldn't really believe it 100% because ticket prices for the shows have been quite similar, but I heard a tabloid say $300. I don't know how they would know the prices though when they didn't even know where she'll be playing. I'd say they'll be maybe $200 for the highest priced tickets, if that.

Well I wouldn't really believe it 100% because ticket prices for the shows have been quite similar, but I heard a tabloid say $300. I don't know how they would know the prices though when they didn't even know where she'll be playing. I'd say they'll be maybe $200 for the highest priced tickets, if that.

Yikes even at $200 is too expensive for me

Janet landed in Barcelona earlier today:

118795593.jpg

118795592.jpg

118795590.jpg

118795589.jpg

118795588.jpg

118795587.jpg

118795584.jpg

Yikes even at $200 is too expensive for me

Well no one knows until they are announced so they may be lower, price have been cheaper in Europe in some cases and have varied in certain areas.

Well no one knows until they are announced so they may be lower, price have been cheaper in Europe in some cases and have varied in certain areas.

I hope they will be at a good price for me to buy them in case i do decide to go.

^ me too, fingers crossed ;)

So the European leg of the tour is over, having finished in Barcelona on the 12th, a second European leg is apparently in the works though, possibly in the new year after Australia, Japan, Africa and possibly South America. Here are some videos from the Barcelona show:

The second North American leg will kick off August 1st in Montreal at the Bell Centre.

8701girl;3433438 said:
I hope they will be at a good price for me to buy them in case i do decide to go.

Well we may find out very soon. Promoters have all but said her name, talking about an artist who will be touring in Oz with dates being announced soon:

We'll soon be announcing a MASSIVE International artist to tour Oz….wanna clue who it is?

I have 9 siblings
I first took to the stage at age 7
I had a cameo role in Will & Grace
My favorite designers are John Galliano, Dolce and Gabbana and Jean-Paul Gaultier
I have my own lingerie line, named after one of my hit songs

Stayed tuned for more hints tomorrow ;)

They will apparently announce the dates on Sunday.

raz2911;3435005 said:
well we may find out very soon. Promoters have all but said her name, talking about an artist who will be touring in oz with dates being announced soon:

We'll soon be announcing a massive international artist to tour oz….wanna clue who it is?

I have 9 siblings
i first took to the stage at age 7
i had a cameo role in will & grace
my favorite designers are john galliano, dolce and gabbana and jean-paul gaultier
i have my own lingerie line, named after one of my hit songs

stayed tuned for more hints tomorrow ;)

they will apparently announce the dates on sunday.

cool :D

Gold Coast! Now THAT is strange, seeing as Brisbane is the much bigger city in Queensland (and also my home town, haha!). I hope she'll play Brisbane as well, because I don't know if many fans will hike the distance out to the Gold Coast.

Thanks for the info btw, dude!

I think the plan is to tour Australia extensively, Sydney was one of the first to be confirmed by the tour t-shirt, along with rumours of Adelaide, Melbourne and the 2 that have been announced, I can definitely see Brisbane being added then probably New Zealand too. Like I said though the 2 week gap hints at more to come to fill up that gap, I don't think she would leave that big of a gap between shows, she normally only leaves gaps between the different legs of the tour.

More good news for fans, looks like the tour won't end until the summer of next year now, again to the demand. Looks like the second European leg is looking more realistic now, I think she'll do another Asian leg too, especially because she hasn't hit Japan yet and that's a big market for her. Anyway I know this because Gil, Janet's choreographer tweeted about it earlier:

@GHSDuldulao See Australians? Told u to wait. So the rest of the world. Wait. Haha. We on tour till next summer. So chill. Cause we plannin on the world--gil (via twitter)

Gold Coast! Now THAT is strange, seeing as Brisbane is the much bigger city in Queensland (and also my home town, haha!). I hope she'll play Brisbane as well, because I don't know if many fans will hike the distance out to the Gold Coast.

Thanks for the info btw, dude!

Not too sure about Brisbane now, as Sydney and Melbourne have both leaked too:

26 & 27, October - Arts Center, Melbourne
5 & 6, November - OPERA HOUSE, Sydney

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...-found-new-peace/story-e6frexl9-1226095878506
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/su...personally-yours/story-e6frf92f-1226095715042
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=JANETJAC11

Aaaaaaah no! Dammit, those dates clash so badly with my end of year exams, haha! I already got a bunch of people to nominate me for the Sydney 20 under 20, but the date falls on when I'll still be here in Melbourne studying. Darn it Janet, LOL!

October 18 : Perth (Burswood Theatre)
October 22 : Adelaide (Festival Centre)
October 26 : Melbourne (State Theatre)
October 27 : Melbourne (State Theatre)
November 02 : Gold Coast (Convention Centre)
November 05 : Sydney (Opera House Concert Hall)
November 06 : Sydney (Opera House Concert Hall)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/music/janet-has-finally-found-new-peace/story-e6frexl9-1226095878506
TWENTY five years have passed since Janet Jackson first asserted that she was in command.

"It's all about control," she said on her breakthrough album Control.

"And I've got lots of it."

Jackson, now 45, reflects on those times.

"I was a young adult coming into her own and wanted to carve my own niche in the world," she says.

"But I still have so much that I want to accomplish. I am continuing to evolve."

We are at London's Royal Albert Hall, where Jackson's latest tour - Number Ones: Up Close And Personal - perfectly showcases her superstar evolution. It will hit Sydney in November.

The show is exactly what it says - a greatest hits set at close range, in intimate venues that Jackson has never played in before.

"It's been so much fun to perform for the fans in this way. I can see everyone's faces during the show and I get so much energy from them," she says.

Jackson says she likes to confide in her audience - through her albums and also a self-help book True You: A Journey To Finding And Loving Yourself. "There are a few issues I thought I grew past, but when writing the book I learned that there was still some work that I needed to do," she says.

"Most of us struggle with something. The most important thing is to recognise when I'm dealing with it so I can accept where I am and move on."

Jackson said her low self-esteem and body issues dated back to the popular sitcom Good Times, which ran from 1974 to 1979.

Producers had asked her to lose weight for her role on the show - she was 10 years old.

"On my first day of work I went to wardrobe and they bound my chest," she says. "I was developing early and all I remember is that I was not acceptable the way I was."

"It has taken me a good while, but I am happy with who I am.

"Now that I'm older, I've come to see that God is the one who is really in control of things.

"And that's fine by me."

Janet Jackson plays the Opera House, November 5 and 6. Tickets: www.sydneyoperahouse.com from August 3

Oh Jesus, that's a lot of money. But I guess it is at the Opera House, and that's a pretty expensive venue. I'm really hoping I get the 20 under 20 thing now!

Well technically I'm not native to Victoria (I'm from Queensland originally but I call Sydney my home), but I've been living here for the past year or so!

Back