Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

Well technically I'm not native to Victoria (I'm from Queensland originally but I call Sydney my home), but I've been living here for the past year or so!

:blink: OKkkkk now im confused u lfrom melbourne ...but u from queensland .... but then u call sydney home..???? im lost :scratchhead:

Haha I know, its confusing! My family is all originally from Sydney, but we moved to Brisbane when I was about 3 or so. I lived there with my mum until I was 18 while my dad moved back to Sydney, and I used to visit every holidays and stay with him. Once I turned 18, I moved back to Sydney until I found a degree I wanted to study in, which happened to only be offered in Melbourne so I moved here and the rest is history! I'll probably move back to Sydney at the end of this year though, I miss it a lot! I'm just not a Melbourne type of person, haha!

Haha I know, its confusing! My family is all originally from Sydney, but we moved to Brisbane when I was about 3 or so. I lived there with my mum until I was 18 while my dad moved back to Sydney, and I used to visit every holidays and stay with him. Once I turned 18, I moved back to Sydney until I found a degree I wanted to study in, which happened to only be offered in Melbourne so I moved here and the rest is history! I'll probably move back to Sydney at the end of this year though, I miss it a lot! I'm just not a Melbourne type of person, haha!

Hahahhaha!

Hey so u not sure if u seeing janet concert?

Well I honestly really want to, but my problem is that I got all my family and friends to nominate me for the 20 under 20 thing for the Sydney concert, because it was the only announced date when the whole thing started. But now that she's playing Melbourne too, I don't know what I'm going to do. And all the dates coincide with when I finish up my semester at Uni, so I'm not sure where I'm going to be either. Gah!

Well I honestly really want to, but my problem is that I got all my family and friends to nominate me for the 20 under 20 thing for the Sydney concert, because it was the only announced date when the whole thing started. But now that she's playing Melbourne too, I don't know what I'm going to do. And all the dates coincide with when I finish up my semester at Uni, so I'm not sure where I'm going to be either. Gah!

What is this "20 under 20" thing?

The only reason i dont wanna go is that "drug intervention" talk janet did bout mj.........im really bugged out by it

Janet is honouring 20 people in each city she performs in who are under 20 years old, and who have either done something for their community or have an outstanding talent. Each of the nominated people get free tickets to the show and get to meet her backstage too! I'm really hoping I get picked for my artwork (which I don't think is all that amazing, but I hope its enough) and possibly get to give this (which I need to finish!) to Janet -

tumblr_li58vh0tnV1qc9lzpo1_500.jpg

I know she's kinda picky with accepting gifts from fans during this event though, so I'm not too sure of my chances. But just having the opportunity to tell her how much her music and her message that she carries in her Control album means to me would be enough!

Janet is honouring 20 people in each city she performs in who are under 20 years old, and who have either done something for their community or have an outstanding talent. Each of the nominated people get free tickets to the show and get to meet her backstage too! I'm really hoping I get picked for my artwork (which I don't think is all that amazing, but I hope its enough) and possibly get to give this (which I need to finish!) to Janet -

I know she's kinda picky with accepting gifts from fans during this event though, so I'm not too sure of my chances. But just having the opportunity to tell her how much her music and her message that she carries in her Control album means to me would be enough!

That drawing is awesome!!!! well done! :clapping:

I reckon janet will love it if she gets the chance to see it, i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for u to get picked

Well anyway kindofdisco it was chatting with u but i must get to bed, u take ok bye

That picture is great! I really hope you're chosen! Oh and kindofdisco, you can be nominated for more than one show, so you could still get your friends to nominate you for the Melbourne shows too.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, kingofdisco, too! The drawing looks nice :)

I called the melbourne arts centre this morning and they said that tickets will go on sale 3rd of august and they have different prices for seat and they are pretty pricey.

:eek:

You're very talented. Beautiful! I loved it. I hope you win and can deliver to Janet. :wild:

Thank you so much, guys! I've posted my drawings here on MJJC before, but they tend to get lost with all the other threads....I love drawing Janet and Michael though! I did this for the anniversary of Michael's passing a few weeks ago -

tumblr_lnc7lbKRco1qc9lzpo1_r1_500.png

I have a bit of a thing for Janet's African-style in her Velvet Rope era, I think haha!

The prices arent that much different from other countries. 120 aus dollars is 80 British pounds and that's what I paid for her at the royal Albert hall. The seats were incredible. It's worth the Money. Remember u r paying to see this massive star in a small venue. It's totally rare. On anything general ofcourse it's alot of money but if u save it up and put it aside it's really worth that one experience just to see her up close.

The most important thing is that u have fun. I saw people spoil their experience cause they were more bothered about 'was she as good as michael' and expecting her to do too much. They forgot how lucky they were to even see get that close. Rarely do we see stars that famous perform in small venues. It's so surreal.

Last edited:
^ The tickets that are around 100 for the Sydney Opera house are the last few back rows. We'll be paying close to 300 for anything that's close to the stage, unfortunately.

But you're very right in what you're saying. To just get a glimpse of Janet in the flesh is enough for me! I am so excited that she's even coming to my country, it just makes me happy to know she'll be here!

The prices arent that much different from other countries. 120 aus dollars is 80 British pounds and that's what I paid for her at the royal Albert hall. The seats were incredible. It's worth the Money. Remember u r paying to see this massive star in a small venue. It's totally rare. On anything general ofcourse it's alot of money but if u save it up and put it aside it's really worth that one experience just to see her up close.

The most important thing is that u have fun. I saw people spoil their experience cause they were more bothered about 'was she as good as michael' and expecting her to do too much. They forgot how lucky they were to even see get that close. Rarely do we see stars that famous perform in small venues. It's so surreal.

You are right bout ppl expecting her to be almost excatly like michael and im sure that must put heaps of pressure on her.
Although by now she most likely doesnt worry bout that anymore, her reaction would be like this :rolleyes: to all that expection

^ The tickets that are around 100 for the Sydney Opera house are the last few back rows. We'll be paying close to 300 for anything that's close to the stage, unfortunately.

But you're very right in what you're saying. To just get a glimpse of Janet in the flesh is enough for me! I am so excited that she's even coming to my country, it just makes me happy to know she'll be here!

Yes alot of us aussies will paying over $300 for seatings and maybe alot more dependings where ppl will be seated. I dont think i will be able to save up money in time by oct , that is if i do decide to go.

i paid around 65 or so for my ticket... Of course shes at the fair but still not bad for front row 12th seat

I understand that coming all the way out to Australia is hedging her bets on whether there's enough fans here to come to her shows, but seriously? Why is our ticket price more than double than the ones in America and Europe? :( It's making me really sad, I don't know if I'm going to be able to get enough money together to go at all.

I understand that coming all the way out to Australia is hedging her bets on whether there's enough fans here to come to her shows, but seriously? Why is our ticket price more than double than the ones in America and Europe? :( It's making me really sad, I don't know if I'm going to be able to get enough money together to go at all.

Thats what i dont understand and i do hope that alot of aussie fans do go to the shows

Generally in Asia, the tickets were much more expensive. In Jakarta, the best seats were up to $700, same for Manila. In Europe and America the seats maintained a steady price for most of the shows, abound $200, less in a few cases. I guess the price has a lot to do with the costs to ship everything there and the fact that she's doing the intimate crowds, in what I hear expensive venues.

Generally in Asia, the tickets were much more expensive. In Jakarta, the best seats were up to $700, same for Manila. In Europe and America the seats maintained a steady price for most of the shows, abound $200, less in a few cases. I guess the price has a lot to do with the costs to ship everything there and the fact that she's doing the intimate crowds, in what I hear expensive venues.

That's true, that's true. And the fact that the world is in a bit of a slump as far as the economy goes...I know the Australian dollar is a lot stronger against the American one now too, so maybe that has something to do with it? I can only imagine how costly it's gonna be for her to ship all the stuff over here.

Either way, I'm gonna find a way to see her!

I hope you do, it really isn't something you should miss, seeing her that close is really something. I know Janet would love your artwork, so I really hope you win the 20 under 20, a lot were cancelled here in Europe, rumours of too many people either lying about their age, or lying about what they do in their community, I hope that's not the case for the rest of the tour, it's unfair that everyone should suffer from some stupid people.

I hope you do, it really isn't something you should miss, seeing her that close is really something. I know Janet would love your artwork, so I really hope you win the 20 under 20, a lot were cancelled here in Europe, rumours of too many people either lying about their age, or lying about what they do in their community, I hope that's not the case for the rest of the tour, it's unfair that everyone should suffer from some stupid people.

Oh my Gosh, I never heard of that! I wish there was a way they could shortlist and interview people first, and make sure that they're getting the right candidates. I know that'll take a lot of time though and they probably won't, but like you said, it's not fair that a few stupid people should ruin it for everyone else. I really hope she'll still do it in Australia though, seeing as we're sort of an isolated part of the leg of the tour and she hasn't been here since the Velvet Rope.

Wow $700 for seats, that alot of money

That's true, that's true. And the fact that the world is in a bit of a slump as far as the economy goes...I know the Australian dollar is a lot stronger against the American one now too, so maybe that has something to do with it? I can only imagine how costly it's gonna be for her to ship all the stuff over here.

Either way, I'm gonna find a way to see her!

Yeh didnt it cost mj heaps when he used to come here and im sure i heard that the dangerous tour was the most expensive tour that he had ever done bck in the 90s?

Me too, it really is a great idea, meeting fans who truly deserve to meet her, from what I hear though its going to restart fully again on the second North American leg, so fingers crossed it will continue :)

The demand must be there in Melbourne as they added a third date for the 29th October!

index.cgi

OMG a third date??? sweet!...but doesnt the tickets go out on august 3rd in australia?

Yeah, I guess the demand was from the people who voted for Melbourne on her website or something, the venue is quite small so I wouldn't be surprised.

Yay!! Finally Janet is coming to Australia!! she has been here before but i was too young to see her :( and she is coming to the goldcoast too, thats where i live...so it won't be a hassle to get to :D I thought that she wasn't going to come at all for this tour and if she did she would only do Sydney! So I'm pretty excited that she has decided to do the goldcoast :)

i heard tickets are around $300 for anywhere close to the front...I reckon I'd be willing to pay that...having said that the venue she is playing at is pretty small so even the cheaper back tickets would still be pretty close..

Also, ticketek is having a presale at the end of July for those who are using VISA credit cards to purchase their tickets...

Back