Jermaine Jackson to appear in 2nd season of Gone Country

If Jermaine were to have the grit and passion that sebatian and michael have he would of had come in first. Not all nice people come in first , I dont even think any do. Second to Michael , second on big brother and now second on gone contry
I think Jermaine had passion at Motown, but they didn't promote him. This was one of the main reasons the other brothers (and a lot of the other "classic era" acts) left and went to Epic. So he acted as an A&R man/producer for awhile. Jermaine probably thought that being in the Gordy family would help him. He should have asked Marvin Gaye about that. Marvin discovered the group Maze in the mid 1970s and took them to another label Capitol and not the one he was on, lol. When Jermaine eventually left and went to Arista, Clive Davis tried to make him a male Whitney Houston. He was just a singer there, and not the musician/writer he was on his Motown albums.

If Jermaine were to have the grit and passion that sebatian and michael have he would of had come in first. Not all nice people come in first , I dont even think any do. Second to Michael , second on big brother and now second on gone contry

Sebastian is a good performer and has an excellent voice. Better then Jermaine's. But Jermaine was definitely the next best and had a good song. The right guy won.

I don't think the show was about who had the better voice. I think Rich was looking for the person who he cvould make into a country sdinger. Sabastion was better suited for it. i don't think Jermaine would have wanted it either, i think he just wanted the exposure.

I copied this from Strangerinmoscow, on KOP board. I hope she doesn't mind.

Some comments about Jermaine on the "Gone Country" message board:

moopowerx

11:39 AM
Jermaine Jackson

I like Jermaine. He's one of the most real Jackson's out there. Even John said he had the best song and he sang it the best. But I wonder if John and music critics think that Country fans would not give him a chance...just because he's a Jackson? Honestly, I think that is the ONLY reason he didn't win. Everything showed that he was the winner. It's just too bad. He's a sensitive, thoughtful man and real! I think we should have given him a chance and I hope he tries on his own.

klservatius

12:03 PM
RE: Jermaine Jackson

Jermaine did have a great song and a terrific voice. His problem that I can see is his "stage presence," he has NONE....No flash, no pizsazz, nothing that makes him stand out from the crowd......He needs to "dazzle" a bit and make people not only feel his passion, but see his passion as well......I think he could have a great career as a Gospel artist, he has such a sweet sounding voice......JMO

jfan1

06:54 PM
about jermaine jackson

and let me tell you his song "Natural" is one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard. I know they didn't play all of it, but his voice and the melody was awsome. I hope w/all my heart that he releases that song so I can add it to my collect.

JGisland

10:03 AM
Jermaine Jackson

Found this- QUOTE "Jermaine Jackson really blew me away," Rich told (a website that I'm probably not allowed to post here)"He wrote one of the best songs I've ever heard - not one of the best songs on this show, but one of the best songs I've ever heard. This is a very, very serious musician. This guy can play three or four instruments, still sings great, looks great, wrote a great song. He really surprised me, because I didn't know what I was going to get."

timcun

03:48 PM

Out of the seven that performed on the General Jackson, he was the best.

I'm pulling for Jermaine to win it. The J5 was a little before my time, but he has really impressed me. I really enjoyed his take on "Blue eyes crying in the rain." Plus, he seems like a very sweet, genuwine person.

I've often wondered if that's the real reason why Michael stopped touring in the US

Death threats happened to people all of the time. That doesn't mean that people would stop doing what they are doing to make a living. The President gets death threats daily. Yet, he continues to do his job. I doubt that is the reason why MJ stopped touring the USA. Let's not say things that really have nothing to do with one another. It is a known fact that the Jacksons had death threats but they kept on going.

Death threats happened to people all of the time. That doesn't mean that people would stop doing what they are doing to make a living. The President gets death threats daily. Yet, he continues to do his job. I doubt that is the reason why MJ stopped touring the USA. Let's not say things that really have nothing to do with one another. It is a known fact that the Jacksons had death threats but they kept on going.

:agree: I agree with what you said in bold.

As for the thought that I expressed, do you know for a fact that it was not a factor???

It could very well be the reason, at least in part, and I would not blame him / them if they did get tired of dealing with it. That's not to say that they will never tour here again.

I did not say any one stopped doing what they do for a living because of it, I said I wondered if that's why Michael stopped doing it here, and I'm not the only one who has.

I respect your right to express your thoughts and opinions, when I disagree or think they are irrelevant,
and I have every right to respectfully express mine. Peace.

Another Jermaine fan:

06:54 PM
about jermaine jackson

I've been a fan of jermaines since he began singing w/his brothers some 40 years ago. I have everything he's ever done, and let me tell you his song "Natural" is one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard. I know they didn't play all of it, but his voice and the melody was awsome. I hope w/all my heart that he releases that song so I can add it to my collect.

I caught the re-run last night...

Jermaine was GREAT! :clapping:His song is BEAUTIFUL!! :wub:

The head guy said it was the best one ever...so it sounds like they may want to use his song in some way even though he didn't win.

Jermaine said the experience was something to build on, :D so I hope he does another R & B album.
He could still include that song on it, even though it's supposed to be a country song.

I caught the re-run last night...

Jermaine was GREAT! :clapping:His song is BEAUTIFUL!! :wub:

The head guy said it was the best one ever...so it sounds like they may want to use his song in some way even though he didn't win.

Jermaine said the experience was something to build on, :D so I hope he does another R & B album.
He could still include that song on it, even though it's supposed to be a country song.

I wanna hear it now.:tease: I think they loved Jermaine out there, but john chose someone he thought would go far with country and who wanted it the most. i don't believe jermaine would have fit that roll; he is essentially an RnB singer.:D I also believe that John had made up his mind before the final.

he's becomming quite the reality tv hoar. He's almost up there with MC hammer and Bobby Brown

Last edited:
This is what Sabastian bach wrote in his blog:

Jermaine Jackson is a class act. That’s the word that I think of when I think of Jermaine, he’s very classy. He adds another level of professionalism to the room. When he’s in the room you don’t really swear or cuss in front of him, I don’t know why; he just has that air about him. He’s very proper and reserved, and I’m not! He’s very soft spoken, but he has very heavy, meaningful things to say. He’s a very sensible, classy dude, and I’ve made a new friend in Jermaine Jackson
http://blog.cmt.com/2008-09-29/gone-country-2-winner-sebastian-bach/#respond

This is what Sabastian bach wrote in his blog:

Jermaine Jackson is a class act. That’s the word that I think of when I think of Jermaine, he’s very classy. He adds another level of professionalism to the room. When he’s in the room you don’t really swear or cuss in front of him, I don’t know why; he just has that air about him. He’s very proper and reserved, and I’m not! He’s very soft spoken, but he has very heavy, meaningful things to say. He’s a very sensible, classy dude, and I’ve made a new friend in Jermaine Jackson
http://blog.cmt.com/2008-09-29/gone-country-2-winner-sebastian-bach/#respond
Interesting.

The final is up on the site now. It is really good. jermaine actually did tie with Sabastion, but John had to choose one and he cchose Sabastion.

Jermaine's song sounded great... A shame he didn't win, I'd still love to hear him on the radio.

I did not say any one stopped doing what they do for a living because of it, I said I wondered if that's why Michael stopped doing it here, and I'm not the only one who has.

I respect your right to express your thoughts and opinions, when I disagree or think they are irrelevant,
and I have every right to respectfully express mine. Peace.

Alright. I do not think that a death threat would have stopped him from touring the States. I think that statement is a bit of a stretch. You have expressed your opinions and I am not trying to stop you from doing that. I am simply disagreeing with you.

Anyway,

Well, I am impressed. Thanks for posting that.

Sebastian is a good performer and has an excellent voice. Better then Jermaine's. But Jermaine was definitely the next best and had a good song. The right guy won.

I think that Jermaine sing lot better that Sebastian, I think Jermaine don't won because it's difficult to take a Jackson in the world of the country, because he is seen before everything like a soul singer.

Back