Joe Jackson Interview on Piers Morgan (Jan 30)

I disagree with this. Yes Michael gave his mother money but we don't know how and why Michael gave Katherine money or even if he was aware who Katherine was helping with money. Secondly limiting the will to Katherine's need and as long as she lives clearly shows that he didn't want to provide for any of his siblings or his father. For example you say Katherine is caring for the cubs and Joe with the money she gets but when she dies they won't be getting anything. So if Michael really wanted to provide his father and his siblings he would have put that in his will or would have allowed his Mother to be able to re-will her share. He didn't.

Noted, I respect your view and you raise a good question. but he did indirectly support Joe and the rest through Katherine. It's possible he no longer wanted that to be the case. But I can't see him not wanting to help his family through her even after his death if a real need arose. But your point about what happens after her death shows he didn't mean for it to be indefinate and ongoing. So maybe he was doing that just for her sake. It was never stipulated what she does with the money but I'm sure Michael knew she would continue to help her family. So indirectly she is allowed to continue that for her own piece of mind while living as he knew his mother worried about her own.

So if Michael really wanted to provide his father and his siblings he would have put that in his will or would have allowed his Mother to be able to re-will her share. He didn't.

Yes, i agree. Also it's significant that none of his siblings or father are even contingent beneficiaries. He goes to nephews and cousins. And noone in the family are chosen to be executors or trustees in control of all the financial decisions. He seemed to be pretty clear.

Michael was a good Samaritan and he did look after his parents and siblings while he was alive through Katherine. Which is why Katherine was present on May 15, 2009, at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Joseph wanted her there to twist Michael's arm about working with him and Leonard Rowe to do a Jackson Family Reunion Concert.

Yes, Katherine will stay married to Joseph till death do you part and she will care for her family, husband and children included. Maybe it was wrong of Michael to have his siblings and parents depend on him for a certain standard of living, but I believe Michael was a good Samaritan at heart, because this quality begins at home and Michael practiced this through Katherine and Michael would've loved to have seen his extended family to be self-sufficient, but the Jackson's are a Show Business family!

Michael said this in the Glenda tapes:
"They want me to give Joseph money and stuff like that. So I say, “Okay, well I’m not gonna give it to Joseph. I’ll give it Mother, so he doesn’t just throw all the money away and stuff like that, she’s in charge of it.”

Bless his big heart. If my father had treated me the way Joe treated him, I would have never wanted to speak to him again.

I think Michael did the right thing in helping his family while he was alive. I think the problem was that the family took it as their right to depend on him, to use him, & to let him pay for their children as well. Being the type of person he was, he would not want to live a rich life & have his family struggling, even a father who beat him & caused him much psychological pain. I think many of us here are like that, even though we like to post that we wouldn't help Joe, mother, & the brothers.

I also think that Michael did the right thing in finally saying NO when he saw that adults were now abusing his kindness more than ever. So I think he was right to help when he did & right to stop when he did. The problem is that with Katherine's constant pestering of him on behalf of Joe/siblings, he was at times drawn back into their web where he could be preyed upon & blackmailed to give more financial help whether by performing with the siblings or just giving handouts.

Michael always helped people. That's who he was. He was very wise in how he set up his will. It was always for his kids. The family was so dependent on him that they pushed him away. They always blame others for not being close to Michael as they used to be. But they need to take a good look at themselves too.

Indeed :sigh:

Michael never saw any 'evil' in people and that's quite a 'rare quality' but also a real 'weakness' cause it made him 'vulnerable' :no:

Though, I love that Michael still had the last word in his will 'indirectly' but really firm... and I hate to say it but I do 'like' how the family 'squirms' now to just get the 'dough' they've been so used to be thrown into their faces while Michael was still here :smilerolleyes:

so, you see... It's dog eat dog world after all...

Michael didn't want a contact with his family the last years!!! Only with his mother..Especially to 2009. We all know what happend when Joe visited Michael at May 2009 at his home because he wanted to persuade him to make a reunion with his siblings. Michael didn't want to see him!!! That's why I'm saying what Joe does want from him!!! He is trying to persuade who?? the fans??? for what?? for that he had good relationships with Michael until at 2009??? and Michael asked him before he died??? We all know what person he is...unfortunately for him.

Last edited:
MORGAN: And they are trying to get you divorced so they can get their hands on Michael's money? Or what is it?

JACKSON: Well, they've got motives, you know. If they get Michael's mother away from me or me away from their mother, then they got her free. Right now, I'm only in their way. I'm the strong one. But the point is this: there will never be a divorce. I was with her last night.

"their mother"

^^Of course it is his own children. They are the ones who want that money.

Back