Joe Jackson Interview on Piers Morgan (Jan 30)

Yes I don't think there will be a big payday, (I don't think MJ's will is set out for large sums to be paid to KJ) however, I do think her 'expenses' will increase and anything she does get from the estate will not revert to PP&B if she 'spends' it. I actually feel that the real battles will begin once the estate is out of probate.

Her "expenses" already have increased beyond normal. Noone is going to convince me she spends all that money on herself and on PPB!

Plus would someone explain me shortly what it means "out of probate"? Does it mean the Estate will have paid of the entire debt and the profit the Estate has could be used for other things?

Her "expenses" already have increased beyond normal. Noone is going to convince me she spends all that money on herself and on PPB!

Plus would someone explain me shortly what it means "out of probate"? Does it mean the Estate will have paid of the entire debt and the profit the Estate has could be used for other things?

Her 'expenses'? yes I know.

I believe being out of probate means all debts are paid and the courts no longer oversee the spending, I guess unless called in over a question on accounting (cue Jacksons)

^^

Yes. Probate is the process when the Estate is first paying the debts under the control of the court. Out of probate means a court is no longer overseeing them and they get a little more freedom. How the kids will get the money is pretty set - 18-30-35-40. But Katherine can be given as much as the Executors feel necessary from the 40% set aside for her.

so Joe claims that 'they' were keeping MJ away yet he also says that Katherine had access to Michael? does that make any sense whatsoever?:bugeyed

^^Few things Joe says makes sense, and Pace is right it is time to leave these elderly people alone & off the interview scene. They can't remember what they are saying, use the wrong words and cause misunderstandings.

It is so funny to hear an 80 year old talk about a divorce, so the only reason this can be important to Joe is that maybe Katherine gives him some money too. If Katherine thinks up a reason to get more money from the estate for her needs, most likely that would be shared again among her children and Joe. I cannot believe that Joe has suddenly fallen madly in love with Katherine all over again. It seems that one of the children or more want Katherine to divorce Joe, and I wonder who can it be.

It is so funny to hear an 80 year old talk about a divorce, so the only reason this can be important to Joe is that maybe Katherine gives him some money too. If Katherine thinks up a reason to get more money from the estate for her needs, most likely that would be shared again among her children and Joe. I cannot believe that Joe has suddenly fallen madly in love with Katherine all over again. It seems that one of the children or more want Katherine to divorce Joe, and I wonder who can it be.

Joe's reply:)
JACKSON: Well, they've got motives, you know. If they get Michael's mother away from me or me away from their mother, then they got her free. Right now, I'm only in their way. I'm the strong one. But the point is this: there will never be a divorce. I was with her last night.

Joe excluded his children from people who wants him and Katherine to divorce.
MORGAN: Are these family members or --
JACKSON: Some are and some are not. None of my kids, no. They are not like that. It's other people that's around.

I wonder if he meant Trent, TJ, Mann or lawyers?

Wiesner barely got a word in, didn't get to promote whatever he was there to promote - now that's what I call an expensive plane ticket to the US. There is some justice in that.

At the end of the interview Joe looked on Dieter kind of funny way. They were obviously there to promote other things too. Not just Joe's document as I think Dieter has nothing to do with it, so he got no free promotions for his Mystery drink or whatever Joe was supposed to promote for him. Piers got fed up with promos and put the stop on it:D

Mark my words, we'll be seeing Joe going other talk shows with same purpose, sell stuff.

Last edited:
Joe's reply:
JACKSON: Well, they've got motives, you know. If they get Michael's mother away from me or me away from their mother, then they got her free. Right now, I'm only in their way. I'm the strong one. But the point is this: there will never be a divorce. I was with her last night.

Joe excluded his children from people who wants him and Katherine to divorce.
MORGAN: Are these family members or --
JACKSON: Some are and some are not. None of my kids, no. They are not like that. It's other people that's around.

I wonder if he meant Trent, TJ, Mann or lawyers?

I don't think it is any others. I think it is the children or some of them. The lawyers or cousins have nothing at stake financially to get Joe away from Katherine, but the children do. Notice he says they want to get her free and have Katherine away from him. Now who tried to have Katherine "free" the last time and away from Michael's children--the signers who are K & J children. Also, remember how quiet Joe was at that time, only saying they had a big fight up there, showing he was not really part of the coup. It seems that Joe has some sway over Katherine and it has to do with money, otherwise the children would not care whether the parents divorce or not. For heavens sake these kids are grandmothers/fathers themselves.

I like when he said I was with her last night. I guess that means he visited her in the compound, but wouldn't it be funny if Joe was gently playing with her fingers, whispering sweet nothings in her ear, & making her all giddy.

I didn't watch it on CNN cause he makes me wanna :puke: but thanks for the 'transcript' so I can say my 'piece' too...

This is what I 'remembered' from this interview...

MORGAN: What would you like Michael's legacy to be?
JACKSON: I'd like his legacy to be what he wanted to be. I want everybody to care about him and to love him and keep doing the things that he wanted to do. He wanted to make people happy all over the world. You see, Piers, Michael's situation -- if the world was like Michael, there would never be any wars. Everybody would get along. That's the type of kid he was.

MORGAN: Joe, it's been a real pleasure talking to you. It's fascinating. You're one of the most iconic fathers in the history of American entertainment. And I've never had a chance to sit down with you. I think you've been very honest.

JACKSON: Am I ending up with this now or what?

MORGAN: What else would you like to say?

JACKSON: I've got a documentary coming out and it's a big one.

The first answer here I really liked and made me think... Gee, he really did LEARN something from Michael
:cheeky:

and then I go
:doh: with this BOLD stuff...

"Please, Joseph
:blink: NOW, you've ruined it again..." :sigh:

I like when he said I was with her last night. I guess that means he visited her in the compound, but wouldn't it be funny if Joe was gently playing with her fingers, whispering sweet nothings in her ear, & making her all giddy.

:bugeyed:puke:

This is somewhat connected to this, as I believe this was talked about at the very end of the interview, but here's the trailer to "The Architect".

Judging from the trailer alone, this looks like it's going to be just about the most hilarious thing in the world, and for all the wrong reasons. The Jacksons continue to entertain me with their seemingly-unaware void of self-absorption, and this is no exception.

This is somewhat connected to this, as I believe this was talked about at the very end of the interview, but here's the trailer to "The Architect".

Judging from the trailer alone, this looks like it's going to be just about the most hilarious thing in the world, and for all the wrong reasons. The Jacksons continue to entertain me with their seemingly-unaware void of self-absorption, and this is no exception.

Cringes when I watch it..

Jesta maybe I need my head examined, but you know looking at that trailer makes me interested in the documentary, mainly for a sort of socio-cultural interest, and not for learning anything about Michael. I am seeing this doc as a reflection of an aged African-American man, who held on to dated views on discipline & a man's role in the family, who used these dated views of discipline & male authority to make his children marketable in the 60s/70s. Therefore, I am seeing a lot of pre-1930s southern African-American, social & cultural influences at work in what Joe is saying, and I am aware that many people will not agree with me.

I am thinking there are a lot of men like Joe, minus the excessive abuse here, because I think who Joe is, is not = abuse. There is more to Joe than that, & there are more socialization aspects that influenced Joe that made him the type of person he is. Obviously, he did some things right, even though we can see that in certain aspects he was less than average.

So strangely, although before I had no intention of getting this doc, now that you showed me the trailer with this aged man, talking slowly about his discipline, I started thinking about this in a whole different way. It reminds me of tapes we looked at at school of the African-American people in jail in the 1930/40s, with the same slow speech as they talked about their situation. They are giving an account from their perspective, & that is the way I am going to look at Joe's recount.

I think what I was doing before was dismissing Joe because parts of his character & actions are disgusting to me. Now I am thinking, if I dismiss him, I will not learn how this illiterate man contributed something positive to American culture, because he did--as bad as he is, he did.

I missed the interview. Happy to read transcript. This thread made me very sad. I don't think Michael Jackson would want to hear anyone speak about his father this way. I would never want to hear anyone talk about my father this way. I would never talk about anyone's father like this.

tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif
:fear:

Oh nooooo, how did they get the "Hurt" cover sung by Johnny Cash approved for use in the trailer??
Who owns Trent Rezner's rights, since he wrote the song?

Man, you cringe progressively more during that trailer. I don't know what's more painful - the fact that they've found every guy from that generation applauding child abuse - or using the phrase "did a hell of a job raising those 9 kids". Because apparently even in last days Michael considered that "hell".

Last edited:
good interview joe. off course its difficult to talk about all the controversy. and difficult to make jacksons haters happy that dont know about their private life, and wasnt there when that all happened. there was bad times. horrible times. but also good times. that what happened to joe and also to his family is well known in the world. i hate that too. but i understand this situation. i can imagine how that felt in his situation, in mikes situation and also in the other jacksons situation.
but hate someone, someone i never meet, never talked to, only know from the media, never saw, for the rest of my life??? thats also not right like what he did.

Full, best quality, and best viewable

[youtube]fcRPcZvzPgM[/youtube]

Last edited:
I don't know if am confused, but didn't Joe said that Michael thought he was going to do 10 shows and now he says Michael wanted to do the 50 shows to build the children's hospital?

I don't know if am confused, but didn't Joe said that Michael thought he was going to do 10 shows and now he says Michael wanted to do the 50 shows to build the children's hospital?

Haa that Joe for you. I guess he forgot about the 10, and now is trying to show that a big reason Michael had for the tour was to do some charity work.

As always - good old Joe screws up!

What grandfather says on an international TV channel his grand daughter is "a piece of work" ??? - How can he not see it will hurt Paris very much??

I don't think he tries to be a jerk on purpose - he just always says og does some stupid things. - He is not very smart....

I think katherine is secretly giving joe money it wouldnt surprise me!

I think katherine is secretly giving joe money it wouldnt surprise me!

It's no secret
Katherine financially helps Joe and it has always been this way. Michael stopped giving money to Joe directly because he felt he squandered it. So Rather then give money to Joe or his siblings, he gave Money to Katherine to take care of the family needs, as she saw fit. That was before he died and continued after his death. That's why he didn't name the others in his will. Katherine would still oversee and his Estate would be protected. It hasn't changed and that's how Michael wanted it. Joe even stated in his suite to contests the will. He felt he had rights to contest because Michael indirectly supported him before his death. He was told only beneficiaries Michael named can contest. Through the Estate MJ still does the same through Katherine.

Nothing has changed. Katherine's allowance is separate from the his children's allowance. After expenses , She can do what she wants with it. Michael left her well taken care and she is still in charge of helping his family as she sees fit until her death. That was the wisest way. He didn't hate his family and wouldn't leave them without if they were in need. To put it in Jermaine's words, He allowed his mom to continue caring for the cubs as always so to speak.

Joe doesn't really have that much influence over Katherine, I get more concerned when there is undue pressure and influence over her by the siblings such as the granny napping incident. I don't think even MJ could have predicted that in his wildest dreams.

It's no secret Katherine financially helps Joe and it has always been this way. Michael stopped giving money to Joe directly because he felt he squandered it. So Rather then give money to Joe or his siblings, he gave Money to Katherine to take care of the family needs, as she saw fit. That was before he died and continued after his death. That's why he didn't name the others in his will. Katherine would still oversee and his Estate would be protected. It hasn't changed and that's how Michael wanted it. Joe even stated in his suite to contests the will. He felt he had rights to contest because Michael indirectly supported him before his death. He was told only beneficiaries Michael named can contest. Through the Estate MJ still does the same through Katherine.

Nothing has changed. Katherine's allowance is separate from the his children's allowance. After expenses , She can do what she wants with it. Michael left her well taken care and she is still in charge of helping his family as she sees fit until her death. That was the wisest way. He didn't hate his family and wouldn't leave them without if they were in need. To put it in Jermaine's words, He allowed his mom to continue caring for the cubs as always so to speak.

Joe doesn't really have that much influence over Katherine, I get more concerned when there is undue pressure and influence over her by the siblings such as the granny napping. I don't think even MJ could have predicted that in his wildest dreams.

I know, I'm aware of it... :( But for me, it's a waste of money when in reality these people are adults to make their own business/money, have their own lives and move on. For me, it just shows that they like to have easy money in the hands and are accommodated. After all, why worry about the money if it comes easy? Joe and the rest of the family should be ashamed of yourself. :perrin: :puke: *big sigh*

It's no secret
Katherine financially helps Joe and it has always been this way. Michael stopped giving money to Joe directly because he felt he squandered it. So Rather then give money to Joe or his siblings, he gave Money to Katherine to take care of the family needs, as she saw fit. That was before he died and continued after his death. That's why he didn't name the others in his will. Katherine would still oversee and his Estate would be protected. It hasn't changed and that's how Michael wanted it. Joe even stated in his suite to contests the will. He felt he had rights to contest because Michael indirectly supported him before his death. He was told only beneficiaries Michael named can contest. Through the Estate MJ still does the same through Katherine.

I disagree with this. Yes Michael gave his mother money but we don't know how and why Michael gave Katherine money or even if he was aware who Katherine was helping with money. Secondly limiting the will to Katherine's need and as long as she lives clearly shows that he didn't want to provide for any of his siblings or his father. For example you say Katherine is caring for the cubs and Joe with the money she gets but when she dies they won't be getting anything. So if Michael really wanted to provide his father and his siblings he would have put that in his will or would have allowed his Mother to be able to re-will her share. He didn't.

Back