Joe Jackson: 'Someone should pay'

Shimar, do you think Joe Jackson was involved?

To me, everyone is suspect. Some are more suspect than others, of course.

The best thing Papa Joe can do is to be quiet & stop making these outlandish appearances (Playboy Club and his son isn't even in the ground yet?)

Joe may do some crazy things, but I know we all agree with him when he said "everyone involved should pay"... Even when he was on the Today show, they asked him if he was talking about the doctor(s) and he said "I didn't say doctors. Everybody else that's involved." That is about the smartest thing he has said as of late..

No matter what his issues may be he was still MJ's pops and he wants the ppl who killed Mike to go to jail..

I saw the interview this morning and was asking myself 'was this interview really necessary?'....what new did we learn from it actually?

Its like the gossip shows, everyday they seem to try and dig up anything to air about this case even when it does'nt have anything to do with the case!

This is MY OPINION.
Was Joe a good dad? From all accounts NO. None the less, Michael was his SON. Michael had said in the unseen Bashir footage he had forgiven his father. Some people deal with grief in a different way, and obviously it wasn't good for Joe to talk about his record company or whatever a day or two after Michael died. But look in the past, Joe has always been a "business man" that's his nature. THEN, you have to think about this, he went to Michael's house to clear all things out, he had to have seen or at least heard about all of the medicine that were in Michael's house. This is before knowing everything we know now. You are angry because your child was trying to numb something and all the "what if's" run through your head (weather you want to believe it or not, we are just fans saying "what if", this is his FATHER, his FAMILY can you imagine their "what if's"?) AND THEN MONTHS LATER you find out that they died at the hands of another person? If this were my child, I would be out there on every news channel, radio station, magazine interview ANYTHING making sure that EVERYONE involved knew they were going down in some way or another. HIS CHILD WAS MURDERED.

This is MY OPINION.
Was Joe a good dad? From all accounts NO. None the less, Michael was his SON. Michael had said in the unseen Bashir footage he had forgiven his father. Some people deal with grief in a different way, and obviously it wasn't good for Joe to talk about his record company or whatever a day or two after Michael died. But look in the past, Joe has always been a "business man" that's his nature. THEN, you have to think about this, he went to Michael's house to clear all things out, he had to have seen or at least heard about all of the medicine that were in Michael's house. This is before knowing everything we know now. You are angry because your child was trying to numb something and all the "what if's" run through your head (weather you want to believe it or not, we are just fans saying "what if", this is his FATHER, his FAMILY can you imagine their "what if's"?) AND THEN MONTHS LATER you find out that they died at the hands of another person? If this were my child, I would be out there on every news channel, radio station, magazine interview ANYTHING making sure that EVERYONE involved knew they were going down in some way or another. HIS CHILD WAS MURDERED.

STANDING ovation to this!!!!!

I agree with Joe(for once but not saying I like the guy...) EVERYONE involved should be looked into and if involved in foul play they should pay. I just doubt they will investigate everyone involved thats the sad bit about it...

This is MY OPINION.

:clapping: great post.

I don't know. all I can think now is that Joe was his dad. I know how those kind of dads can be. they can be pushy and mean and everything else Joe was. but he was still Mike's dad. and fathers like Joe will never give up pushing their children. it's in their blood. the expectations and the need for dominance. but they do love their children. that's the way they show it.

if nothing else, this interview told me how Joe is feeling right now. and it's a horrific, terrible guilt that he bears, because he'll never be able to tell Michael how he really feels about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNllEr1wokU&NR=1

The best thing Papa Joe can do is to be quiet & stop making these outlandish appearances (Playboy Club and his son isn't even in the ground yet?)

but you keep mentioning family members only even in threads related to the doctor. You always throw in family.

My personal opinion of Joe is that he is a sad old man who messes up when he talks and wasn't the greatest father to Michael but... I do think he loved him and I do think he wants justice for his son. I'm behind his quest for justice 100%

but you keep mentioning family members only even in threads related to the doctor. You always throw in family.

That is true & like I said above:

To me, everyone is suspect. Some are more suspect than others, of course. Just an opinion.

I'm pretty sure that Joe didn't have very much to do with the burial plans (didn't he say on LK that he didn't even know where Michael's body was?). As for appearances, that's justJoe, he's always done that. As for his interview this morning, I thought it was good. I have two kids, and if I were to find out that either one of my kids was murdered, you can bet your ass I would be granting EVERY interview until justice was served!

Yes, everyone who involved should pay for this!
i believe it finally hit him right now when he realizes his soon has really gone.
Yes, he did many bad things in the past and came out say something inappropriate
but after all he is Michael's father
i believe he do love him
but he just doesn't show it and doesn't know how to deliver it.

That is true & like I said above:

To me, everyone is suspect. Some are more suspect than others, of course. Just an opinion.

Alrighty then.

I don't know what to think about family. I notice a girls vs boys thing going on.

I'm pretty sure that Joe didn't have very much to do with the burial plans (didn't he say on LK that he didn't even know where Michael's body was?). As for appearances, that's justJoe, he's always done that. As for his interview this morning, I thought it was good. I have two kids, and if I were to find out that either one of my kids was murdered, you can bet your ass I would be granting EVERY interview until justice was served!

I thought it was a good interview & it reminds everyone the Jacksons want justice for MJ. Joe just wants justice for his son, the pain probably gets worse with time, something Evan Chandler never did because it was all a lie for money.

I remember reading part of Joe`s book here somewhere. That made me think differently about him. If anyone wants to understand where he comes from, I think they should read it. Its also interesting because it shows Michaels family history. It explain a lot of things. As does Michaels Oxford speech. Joe is his father. He may have a million different sins, and bad things about him. But still- he is his father.

I'm glad he said MJ was the greatest all over the world. I just think he should have simply said that to Michael when he was yearning for kind words. But he didn't and Michael had always to do more but still was never satisfied with anything because what he wanted to hear from his father was never said to him.

I agree that they should pay - it seldomly happens unfortunately. Malcolm, Martin, his mother, Fred Hampton, Dian Fossey, Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi...Where is the justice?

I kind of feel bad for joe because you can tell he is hurting. I don't like him, but in the end, that is his son. I actually think Michael was Joe's favorite and that's why he was extra hard on him. He expected more from Michael what he didn't from his brothers. Michael was the one who represented the group, spoke to berry gordy, sang etc. I think joe secretly wanted to be like Michael. And Michael does talk like joe, well, in some parts. Like when he said, "Of course!" that was like hearing Michael. And I do believe Joe didn't really know how to demonstrate his love and support to Michael and his siblings. I had a piano teacher like that in High school. When you did "bad" or his version of bad he would scream at you and put u down. But when you did good, you know you did excellent when all he says is "ok, thats fine' or he'll just smile. Never will my teacher say "wow, excellent job!" or "what an improvement!" and thats exactly how Joe is.

Someone gets it.

Michael was bitter at his father but he loved him & Joe loved Michael. He just didn't show it like he was supposed to. Why? We'll never know. But at least he's proud of him.

John Lucas

my dad's like this. I get it too. it's hard for that generation of men to bend. they're too old to change now.

I love my dad but it's been very difficult. I've had to work with him on it. and we've come to a place of compromise and acknowledged mutual love. I believe that after the trial, Michael did come to that place of compromise and love with his dad.

I'm not gonna hold it against Joe. he's suffering.

I'm glad he said MJ was the greatest all over the world. I just think he should have simply said that to Michael when he was yearning for kind words. But he didn't and Michael had always to do more but still was never satisfied with anything because what he wanted to hear from his father was never said to him.

I agree that they should pay - it seldomly happens unfortunately. Malcolm, Martin, his mother, Fred Hampton, Dian Fossey, Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi...Where is the justice?

hmmm. i dunno. wouldn't it be more satisfying to hear Joe say "I am sad about losing my son who I love" rather than "I am mad that I didn't know what was going on....and, that MJ is the greatest all over the world." IMO, what MJ needed was to hear that he was loved from his father, not that he's the greatest entertainer....he already knew that.

I dunno.......don't wanna judge, it just strikes me this way, because I haven't ever heard Joe say he was sad, only mad?

hopefully someday you'll also pay joe for what you did to him . nobody forgets that nobody contributed to his death more than you . yes murray killed him physically, but you killed him emotionally, psychologically ...etc . enjoy his money now .

Very well said :flowers:

Elusive, you hit the nail on the head for me....

if anyone in the Jackson family really knew someone that was planning to kill or harm Michael harshly...do you really think they wouldn't do all they can to stop it................................???
Ummm???

when you loose someone close to you... the first reaction is to throw blame... they are hurting and they are hurting deeply...........they lost a part of them...

BUT

with something of this magnitude... I think it will serve them best to not have their emotions dictate things (easier said than done right???)...

all I know is ... things don't add up....some things that some in the family has said... and definitely what the media harps on........

just don't add up..

Rasta, great post!

My personal opinion of Joe is that he is a sad old man who messes up when he talks and wasn't the greatest father to Michael but... I do think he loved him and I do think he wants justice for his son. I'm behind his quest for justice 100%

Agreed. He probably feels a lot of guilt and wishes he did more and said more when Michael was alive. If he continues to speak up and create as much of a stir and fracas as possible rather than stay silent and quietly fade into the background (as I'm sure certain parties would prefer he did) then I'm all for that right now.

I really really have an intense dislike for Joe based on his actions subsequent, and prior to, Michaels passing. However, like others have said, he is Michael's father. I just feel like he can't be trusted, he always seems like he has an ulterior motive....I.E. MONEY!

hmmm. i dunno. wouldn't it be more satisfying to hear Joe say "I am sad about losing my son who I love" rather than "I am mad that I didn't know what was going on....and, that MJ is the greatest all over the world." IMO, what MJ needed was to hear that he was loved from his father, not that he's the greatest entertainer....he already knew that.

I dunno.......don't wanna judge, it just strikes me this way, because I haven't ever heard Joe say he was sad, only mad?

That would cut it if the death of Michael wasn't so foul.
He said it himself. He's not angry, he's MAD.

He ain't got time to grieve. He wants justice for his son. He feels angry at himself for not being able to cut through the scum in Michael's circle & wants to do all he can to correct that situation.

Saying "I love you" ain't always as important as SHOWING "I love you". It's modern generations who think that way. Words don't matter as much as actions & the best action Joe can take is to bring light to the foul circumstances of Michael's death.

In fact, it's my opinion that that's how Joe deals with his mourning. Not by crying but by taking action.
John Lucas

if this was, tom hanks, tom cruise, steven spielberg or woody allen the media would be in an uproar. They would probably have launced their own investigation calling the death a homicide or murder before the autopsy was complete.

The jackson family have to lead the media into the direction and angle of how the murder of michael jackson should be reported and even then, they( media) still come up short.

I didnt view the video.

preach that shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really really hope he told Michael that when he was still alive.

im sure Michael knew Joe was proud of him.

The thing I would guess Michael did not like about him, was the way Joe did to get his personal dreams through his children, at any cost..

Back