JUST LEAKED: Ghosts 1993 (Snippet) + Seeing Voices (Long Snippet)

myosotis;4092192 said:
I didn't know that the song was written by Rose Fine's husband and was a tribute to their son:

CaptaineoLove85: You are right!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidney Fine
May 28, 2002 | 04:44PM PT
Film, TV, legit composer, arranger and orchestrator
Jon Burlingame
@jonburlingame

Emmy-nommed Sidney Fine, composer, arranger and orchestrator who worked on Broadway and in films, radio and TV throughout the ’40s, ’50s and ’60s, died of pneumonia May 20 at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank. He was 97.
Fine was nominated for an Emmy in 1956 for his orchestrations of Victor Young’s music for the television series “Medic,” and served as one of the original orchestrators on Meredith Willson’s 1957 Broadway hit “The Music Man.”
Under contract to Revue (later Universal) TV from 1960 to 1971, Fine wrote the scores for dozens of shows including episodes of “Wagon Train,” “Thriller,” “Laramie,” “Frontier Circus,” “Going My Way,” “The Virginian,” “Alcoa Premiere,” “90 Bristol Court,” “Broadside,” “Tammy,” “The John Forsythe Show” and “The Bold Ones.”
Among his feature credits, he served as an arranger on Paramount’s Irving Berlin musical “Blue Skies” in 1946. For Walt Disney Studios, he helped to orchestrate “Victory Through Air Power” (1943), “Fun and Fancy Free” (1947), “Melody Time” (1948) and the 1955 classic “Lady and the Tramp.” He also worked on the daytime “Mickey Mouse Club.”
He was born in Waterbury, Conn., graduated from the U. of Connecticut and did post-graduate work at City College of New York and the Yale School of Music. He played piano in silent-movie theaters in the 1920s and eventually became accompanist for comedian Henny Youngman, who often made jokes about his “cousin Sidney” during appearances in the Catskills and elsewhere.
Fine moved to Los Angeles in 1937, where he studied with composer Arnold Schoenberg. He worked as a pianist and arranger in radio throughout the 1940s, including shows featuring Jack Benny, Dinah Shore, and George Burns and Gracie Allen. In 1950, he returned to New York to arrange for radio’s “Big Show” starring Tallulah Bankhead.

Fine’s last work was a song recorded in 1999 by Michael Jackson (but still unreleased) entitled “Seeing Voices.” Jackson had been a student of Fine’s wife; the song celebrates signing for the deaf and was a tribute to Fine’s son, Peter, who died in 1975 of a rare brain disease that had caused him to lose his hearing.
Fine’s wife of 74 years, the former Rose Mishkin, died in June 2000.
He is survived by a daughter and five grandchildren.

http://variety.com/2002/scene/people-news/sidney-fine-1117867684/

Ah, that explains a lot. I thought it sounded like a song from Lady and the Tramp kinda. This one in particular https://youtu.be/8Sq4mZJjzFU

Last edited:
:mad:

Already the SNIPPET has been removed due to COPY RIGHT INFRINGEMENT LAWS ! This was posted here just 24 hrs ago and already it is gone !! I didn't hear it ! ARGGGGGGGG

SME, a.k.a, Sony Music Entertainment removes clips for copyright infringement, not YT. Sony most likely becomes aware of the clips from fans on forums/social media.

Thank you to all for the clips and informative articles.

Already the SNIPPET has been removed due to COPY RIGHT INFRINGEMENT LAWS ! This was posted here just 24 hrs ago and already it is gone !! I didn't hear it ! ARGGGGGGGG

Really YOUTUB !! Really there is so much TRASH, GARBAGE and ILLEGAL & QUESTIONABLE videos posted to your site all the time !! Every day where Michael is still concerned !!
And millions of MJ Fams and Friends have petitioned, emailed and notified you repeatedly to remove the disrespectful and disgusting videos still on your site NOT REMOVED as of 2009! But you can sure move fast in 24hrs when Michael Jackson Fans are seeing and viewing by our own CHOICES not what you decide we can see when you feel like it!

You make me sick YOUTUB when it takes YEARS for you to remove highly and extreme images and videos how to make a bomb and a video on how to do it step by step ! But you have the power to do it within 24hrs, without permission or advising anyone within HOURS when you feel like ! Now I know by your push of a finger CAN remove it ASAP ! You chose and pick who YOU will and won't do it for ! So to me your RACIST against Michael and your an OPPORTUNIST and you will not last forever as a PARRASITE on Michael Jackson for ever ! Come VIMEO and other sorts of Media like YOUTUB's site.. please eat them for breakfast! ! Please take over because you are younger and faster and more RESPECTFUL ! You competitors will 100% enjoy the MJ Fams and Friends loyalty that will for sure abandon YOUTUB for these reasons I stated !!

YOUTUB answer this question ?

Why are the videos disrespecting Michael in the most utterly disgusting and appalling ways since 2009 still on your site ? Children see what you have left there when it isn't about Michael Jackson MONEY ! Any reply to this ??? I won't hold my breath for 24hrs of course !

I hope YOUTUB gets knocked down a few pegs with newer and more respectful competitor like Myspace was replaced by Facebook ! We need to let YOUTUB know they are not the ONLY CORRUPT game in town ! You do get that right !

Your name to me now is YOUTUB !! :censored:

Hoooooolllllyy shitttt, calm down and stop getting mad at YouTube. Seriously it's embarrassing.

The video was leaked and the uploader hasn't had permission from Sony/The Estate to upload it, therefore it is copyright infringement. By law, YouTube has to take down the video if the owner raises issues with it, which they did and so YouTube followed Sony's orders to take it down. So technically, it's not even YouTube's fault but in fact The Estate/Sony's fault (and even then, it's not like they're in the wrong, they own at least some of the rights to the footage).

If YouTube didn't take down videos due to copyright infringement there would be absolutely no YouTube whatsoever. This isn't a 'vendetta' against Michael Jackson or anything haha, YouTube is simply following this little thing called "the law". As for those other videos, well clearly they're not breaking the law or any of YouTube's policies or else they would've taken them down should you have reported it through the Flag Video button on the video page.

That would mean that it's also ridiculous to judge it as a GOOD song if we haven't heard the full thing yet.

Considering we have the first solid minute of "Seeing Voices" and not merely four to seven seconds as we did with "I Am a Loser," it is one hundred percent acceptable and reasonable to judge what we've heard thus far whether positive or negative. Let's not go to extremes with it (e.g., "This song is incredible!"/"This song is garbage!") but simply saying "I like it" or "I don't care for it"? Go right ahead.

God forbid people come forward and step out against the crowd and not shower something from Michael in praise.

I really feel some bans or at least warnings should be given by the mods who don't shower MJ in praise because its disrespectful to his art. Moreover, we could have some propaganda placed around areas of web layout to persuade people to think before they post hate. It seems people are negative for the sake it, lets have a forum where everything is positive and praised.

Can't wait to see more footage and hear the full song.

I really feel some bans or at least warnings should be given by the mods who don't shower MJ in praise because its disrespectful to his art. Moreover, we could have some propaganda placed around areas of web layout to persuade people to think before they post hate. It seems people are negative for the sake it, lets have a forum where everything is positive and praised.

This is definitely not what I'm trying to get across. This is how discussions seem to go:

Something related to Michael happens, whether it be the implication of a future project or the leak of a song, that the majority of the fan community praises. In this case, it's the new extract of "Seeing Voices," which most people seem to enjoy thus far. Then, someone steps forward and admits that they don't like it. Suddenly, the fans are up in arms, spewing judgments and yelling at those for having such an opinion. And typically, it's the same people in perpetual rotation.

This is not the case with everyone - there are many that are respectful and leave those who disagree with them alone. But it happens and it's quite irritating. Prime example - I entered this thread and simply made my comments about "Seeing Voices," and I've already been scolded several times because of it. It's childish and unnecessary. And it happens consistently - most notably with me because I openly and freely admit that I think certain things aren't amazing (e.g., the original demo of "Chicago," "Seeing Voices").

Opinions are opinions. This is a discussion board.

Footage looks inetersting especially the way he sais "Why would i have to be?".
Cant judge if its beter or worse from 996 version since i didn see 1993 full.
I dont like song, because orchestral/movie music aint my thing.

I hope there will be some new footage soon.

Its interesting how we get tons of snippets in last few years and great leaks (I am a loser,Hollywood tonight,ILTWYLM,APONN,DIG,POT... and footage of Dangerous rehearsal,History rehearsal,Royal Brunei,Victory tour,oprah outtakes...). And not to mention official Estate material since 2009.

I expect many new interesting material will se light of day (in either Estate release or leak).

I know wikipedia isnt always true, so did Seeing voices leaked in full?

Seeing voices:
Snippets leaked onto the internet in 2014
Full lyrics leaked in early 2015
The full version leaked onto the internet in May 2015
Song features Ray Charles

I know wikipedia isnt always true, so did Seeing voices leaked in full?

Seeing voices:
Snippets leaked onto the internet in 2014
Full lyrics leaked in early 2015
The full version leaked onto the internet in May 2015
Song features Ray Charles

Yeah I read that too and I just presumed some fan edited it, assuming this short snippet we got was the full version (the way it fades out at the end seems like it's properly concluded).

Always There, don't put put words into my comments I never said. I just said it's ridiculous to judge it as a poor song when we haven't even heard it full.

No one is forcing you to like it.

It's not even Michael's creation. Read the story behind Seeing Voices, it's a tribute to Rose Fine (Michael's former tutor) deaf child composed by her husband, Sidney Fine. He asked Michael as a favor to perform it.

If you read the tentative lyrics I posted, it's clearly aimed to people with deafness.

Maybe many people appreciate and love the purity, the sweetness in Michael's voice there is in the track as I did. They may like the music reminding them to Disney movies scores as I did. They may find endearing or moving the story behind as I did.

The video was leaked and the uploader hasn't had permission from Sony/The Estate to upload it, therefore it is copyright infringement.

The audio is the issue. No estate involvement on the visuals because Kingdom Entertainment owns the visuals. Estate owns the audio and Sony distributes the audio so Sony claimed copyright infringement.

I think people are just confusing good and bad with their own personal preferences.

Michael didn't make bad music. It's just about whether or not it appeals to you. Music like this isn't everyone's bag. And you can't like absolutely everything Michael did.

Re: NEW footage from the 1993 version of Ghosts!

It may be naive of me, but I'd like to think that not every adult that crossed his path was horrible. It would be not just sad, but downright tragic to think that no adult in Michael's life ever truly made him see purity and feel the glory and the depth of God's love for him.

Apologies, I meant to say you are not naive. Tis a beautiful sentiment and I believe those adults exists.

^^Rose Fine is a perfect example. Buz Kohan another. His B team that never talked til recently. They're out there.

It's not even Michael's creation. Read the story behind Seeing Voices, it's a tribute to Rose Fine (Michael's former tutor) deaf child composed by her husband, Sidney Fine. He asked Michael as a favor to perform it.

Okay, so Michael didn't write the song. I don't see the point you're trying to make. Michael's catalog is filled with excellent songs that he didn't write or compose.

If you read the tentative lyrics I posted, it's clearly aimed to people with deafness. Maybe many people appreciate and love the purity, the sweetness in Michael's voice there is in the track as I did. They may like the music reminding them to Disney movies scores as I did. They may find endearing or moving the story behind as I did.

Okay. Wonderful. I never said that anyone was wrong for enjoying the song. I clearly stated that I, myself, did not care for it.

just to clarify i was being sarcastic lol
I am glad you wrote this. I thought so but then everybody started taking it seriously so I thought I misunderstood. We're a sensitive bunch.

There are some songs post Bad that I do not like at all (even tho Michael's voice is unbelievable) but I'd never dare say bc they're favorites of most people on the forum.

There are some songs post Bad that I do not like at all (even tho Michael's voice is unbelievable) but I'd never dare say bc they're favorites of most people on the forum.

You shouldn't be afraid my friend! So long as you're respectful and don't tell anyone they're wrong for not sharing the same opinion you have every right to say that you don't like something.

Really YOUTUB !! Really there is so much TRASH, GARBAGE and ILLEGAL & QUESTIONABLE videos posted to your site all the time !! Every day where Michael is still concerned !!
And millions of MJ Fams and Friends have petitioned, emailed and notified you repeatedly to remove the disrespectful and disgusting videos still on your site NOT REMOVED as of 2009! But you can sure move fast in 24hrs when Michael Jackson Fans are seeing and viewing by our own CHOICES not what you decide we can see when you feel like it!

You make me sick YOUTUB when it takes YEARS for you to remove highly and extreme images and videos how to make a bomb and a video on how to do it step by step ! But you have the power to do it within 24hrs, without permission or advising anyone within HOURS when you feel like ! Now I know by your push of a finger CAN remove it ASAP ! You chose and pick who YOU will and won't do it for ! So to me your RACIST against Michael and your an OPPORTUNIST and you will not last forever as a PARRASITE on Michael Jackson for ever ! Come VIMEO and other sorts of Media like YOUTUB's site.. please eat them for breakfast! ! Please take over because you are younger and faster and more RESPECTFUL ! You competitors will 100% enjoy the MJ Fams and Friends loyalty that will for sure abandon YOUTUB for these reasons I stated !!

YOUTUB answer this question ?

Why are the videos disrespecting Michael in the most utterly disgusting and appalling ways since 2009 still on your site ? Children see what you have left there when it isn't about Michael Jackson MONEY ! Any reply to this ??? I won't hold my breath for 24hrs of course !

I hope YOUTUB gets knocked down a few pegs with newer and more respectful competitor like Myspace was replaced by Facebook ! We need to let YOUTUB know they are not the ONLY CORRUPT game in town ! You do get that right !

Your name to me now is YOUTUB !! :censored:

uuggghhh

#1- Youtube doesn't pull copywrited stuff because they want to. Whoever owns it (sony/estate/etc.) gets word its out there, and THEY tell youtube to pull it. This is the case with anybody who has content on youtube. Anyone can tell youtube to take down copywrited material. Stop blaming Youtube.

#2- Unless a video is violating rules yt has (ie no nudity/etc.), a video can stay up until legal action is taken to get it down. Just because you don't agree with the content of certain videos (ie a comedian making a joke about your fav or a tabloid report) doesn't mean it should be taken down. Don't look at it then. I'm referring to all videos, not just related to MJ. Now you're trying to censor people who have different opinions.

#3- It's 2015. All it takes is a little digging and you can find the audio/video elsewhere, if not youtube again. But you're right, they should have waited until you saw the video to take it down... -_-

#4- You understand the estate has the right to not want unreleased material to come out until they see fit, if at all, right?

I actually like the sentiment of the kids putting him back together. Made me tear up.
So I think the idea behind it was right on spot and bittersweet in a good way. But I didn't find it creepy at all, I found it beautifully sad.

The execution wasn't well though, yeah. Doesn't take away the meaning behind it for me :)

Just wonder what moves he used in Ghosts 1993. I think its must differences over 1996.

^Shana Mangatal told D.amien S.hields Michael didn't get to do do the dance sequences because he was devastated when the allegations hit and didn't show up in the set anymore.

I bolded what Shana said about the dance sequence:

“Seeing Voices” was conceived by composer, arranger, and orchestrator Sidney Fine with two pianos, one acoustic bass, and a small choir. Fine reached out to the King of Pop to perform vocals on the track, who obliged. Jackson’s longtime engineer Matt Forger, who had known Fine for years thanks to Jackson introducing them, served as recording engineer on the track – and other Fine projects at the time. Once Jackson had recorded his vocal, he told Fine he love the song, but requested that strings be added to the track.

The song was unveiled on May 28, 1999 during a small private event hosted by Fine at the Ventura Club in Sherman Oaks, California. A copy of the invitation details that “Seeing Voices” is “a song for the deaf” inspired by the title of Dr. Oliver Sacks’ 1989 best selling book of the same name.

1997 “Seeing Voices” tape and invitation to the May 28, 1999 Ventura Club unveiling of the track

EXCLUSIVE: Never-before seen pictures of “Seeing Voices” sheet music

The full version of “Seeing Voices,” which runs 3 minutes and 20 seconds, remains unreleased, as does the complete footage that accompanied the leaked snipped – a one-minute video sample taken from Jackson’s ill-fated (but later resurrected and remade) 1993 film Is This Scary.

According to screenwriter Paul Rudnick, the original concept was for Jackson to record a horror-themed song for Addams Family Values and film a music video to promote it, but when allegations of child molestation were made against Jackson the summer before the film was set to be released, plans changed.

“It was just a little too risky to include [the song] in the final movie at that point,” Rudnick recalls of the situation.

The song – which, contrary to popular belief, was not actually titled “Is This Scary” according to actress Shana Mangatal (the film was called Is This Scary, but not the song) – was set to play during the closing credits of Addams Family Values.

“He dictated the lyrics of the song that was going to be used as the theme song for Addams Family Values to me, but the song was never recorded,” Mangatal explains. “It’s a completely different (to ‘Is It Scary’ – released years later) and never-before heard song.”

The song was also to be released as a brand new Michael Jackson single accompanied by a long-form music video – funded and issued independently by Jackson – to support both the single and Addams Family film.

Mangatal, who was cast in the film and was also working for Jackson’s manager at the time, vividly remembers the experience of being on set during the 1993 filming, explaining that Jackson was excited and enthusiastic going into the project and revealing that Addams Family characters were to have made cameos in Jackson’s short film.

“What is not included in this (leaked) snippet are the scenes with the Addams Family kids,” explains Mangatal. “Christina Ricci and the other two kids were in this too. It included creepy live animals as well. There was an armadillo that the director had crawl right over my feet. We filmed at the CBS/MTM Studios in Studio City, California.”

“Michael was very excited to film this,” she adds. “His goal was for it to be ‘scarier than Thriller.’ We filmed for about 2 weeks. But, after a few days of filming, Michael learned of the allegations, and he was devastated. He stopped showing up to the set. We filmed as much as we could without him, and we did get a lot of footage, but the main piece that we did not get was Michael’s dance sequence.”

Despite not finishing or releasing the song or film in 1993, Jackson wasn’t about to let the project fall by the wayside.

“He was determined to finish Is This Scary,” recalls Mangatal, “mainly because of the reason we had to stop. It became his passion project and he really wanted everyone to see it and understand its meaning.”

Jackson would ultimately revisit the project three years later, in 1996, completing and releasing the film under the title Ghosts – a 40-minute re-written version of what he started in 1993 featuring three songs; “Is It Scary,” “2Bad,” and title track “Ghosts.”

“Ghosts is his view of how people perceived him, so it’s very autobiographical,” says Mangatal. “Finishing it was all Michael talked about for three years.”

“Ghosts is similar to how Is This Scary would have been, but different,” recalls Mangatal. “Is This Scary had that same theme, about people being afraid to have Michael around their children, which is ironic being that the allegations hadn’t even hit at the time it was written, cast, and filming had begun.”

“For Ghosts he changed directors (to Stan Winston) and re-wrote the script. He also re-cast the entire thing because all of the original kids had grown up,” adds Mangatal, who was the only member of the original 1993 cast that was re-cast for the 1996 version. “There was an actual actor who played ‘The Mayor’ in Is This Scary. Michael only played himself in it.”

The completed Ghosts film, in which Jackson plays a grand total of five characters, stands as one of the most significant artistic feats of his entire career, and is widely considered to be the magnum opus of his unparalleled catalog of short films.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4092018 said:
This version was meant to promote the movie Addams Family Values. Mike Garris, the person who directed the 1993 version said Pugsley and Wednesday Addams were part of the filming but it's uncertain how much it was done because as soon as the allegations broke down in the media, the production stopped.

i can notice Michael wore the same outfit but different cape (I love better the blue cape and skeleton mask) for the 1996 version, the scenery is similar. I see the 1996 version incorporated the MJ doll desintegrating itself. The mayor in 1993 is as arrogant and bigoted as the 1996 but the second version is more modeled after Sneddon, when he filmed it the first time, he hadn't even met that snake yet. It'd be interesting to know how much the first one differs from the official Ghosts short film.

Hola, acabo de ver que eres de México, yo también :) Pues nada, es padre ver por fin fans mexicanos el MJJC por mucho tiempo jejeje. Y veo que tienes mucha actividad, qué bien. Yo era parte del foro desde hace mucho (más de lo que dice mi perfil), pero por cambios de PC se me olvidaron las contraseñas de mis otras cuentas y se perdieron con el tiempo.

Saludos

Back