Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Remembering dad: Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket share emotional insights into life with Michael Jackson in new documentary
By JASON CHESTER
PUBLISHED: 09:21, 16 December 2013 | UPDATED: 09:44, 16 December 2013
0 View
comments
Michael Jackson’s three children have opened up about the devastating repercussions following his sudden death and their struggle to cope without their father in an intimate new film.
Forthcoming documentary Remembering Michael Jackson will be a candid account of the family’s personal struggle to deal with the void left by the pop legend’s passing at a rented Los Angeles home in June 2009.
The film will see all three children – Prince Michael, Paris and Prince Michael II, commonly referred to as Blanket – open up about life without Michael and share a series of never before heard stories about the reclusive star.

Opening up: (L-R) Blanket, Paris and Prince Michael have shared intimate memories of their father in new documentary film Remembering Michael Jackson
Paris was filmed giving her account just weeks before she attempted to take her own life at the Jackson family estate.
Speaking wistfully of her father, she admits he died before he could fulfill a promise he made to her.

She said: ‘He promised he would teach me how to moonwalk but never got around to it. I really hope his legacy lives on forever. I will never forget him ever. He was amazing.’
Paris also opened up about their detached lifestyle on Neverland Ranchl, admitting: ‘We didn’t know a lot of kids our own age. We never left the ranch that often.’

Memories: Paris says her father died before he could teach how to moonwalk, while Prince Michael reveals he didn't know his father's name until he was six

Looking back: Blanket recalls the menagerie of pets his father owned, amongst them chimp Bubbles
But while they rarely left the ranch, which was sold in 2005, younger brother Blanket has fond memories of his time on the sprawling California estate.
‘He had like a zoo, basically. He had giraffes, lions. He had alligators and snakes,’ he recalled. ‘You probably heard of it, but he had a chimp named Bubbles.’
In one of the film’s more stunning revelations, Prince Michael, 16, admits his father didn’t tell him his real name until he was six.
He said: ‘He never really wanted to tell us who he is as a person. It took me until I was six-years old to learn his name was Michael Jackson – he was always daddy to me and that was it.’

A veil of secrecy: Michael was fiercely protective of his children's privacy
All three children are keen to work in the entertainment industry, with Paris – currently residing in a Utah treatment facility following her suicide attempt – hoping to become an actress.
But while grandfather Joe admits it’s ‘a lot more work than she thinks it is,’ he believes Blanket has the potential to follow in their father’s footsteps.
‘They said there would never be another Michael Jackson and I say that we already have one,’ he said. ‘But I said he just has to be trained. That kid is the spitting image of Michael when he was smaller.’

Funding: Family matriarch Katherine Jackson has funded the film with the aide of crowd sourcing website fundanything.com
Katherine Jackson funded the new film via crowd sourcing website fundanything.com, a Kickstarter style site that gives users the opportunity to donate money to projects of their choice.
Jackson died on June 25 2009 following an overdose of powerful sedative Propofol, administered by cardiologist Dr. Conrad Murray.
Murray was released from prison earlier this year after seeing out a 2-year jail term for involuntary manslaughter, but concert promoter AIG – responsible for organising the shows – were found not liable for his death in October.
Without naming names, Paris added: ‘There are a lot of bad people out there.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...el-Jackson-new-documentary.html#ixzz2ndWJhFcc

Re: Katherine Jackson gives you a sneak peek at the new documentary film "Remembering Michael"

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for fans of the Jackson family.

That leaves me out then!!! :rofl:

respect77;3939686 said:
Most fans never see as much money together as what Katherine gets from the Estate monthly and they want fans to finance this? So that Jermaine can pay for his new Ferrari? So shameless.

The AEG case isn't going too well. So this must be plan B.

Re: Katherine Jackson gives you a sneak peek at the new documentary film "Remembering Michael"

Thought it would be a family money making scam. guess the estate said no. go get janet to fund it!!!

I'm curious to know what the estate has to say about that. They are using MJ image and likeness.

I'm curious to know what the estate has to say about that. They are using MJ image and likeness.

However, because it is Michael, the cost to license everything is prohibitively expensive, and why I am asking you, his fans, to join our circle and help support the completion of the documentary film. - See more at: http://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/rememberingmichael#sthash.rRJLPO1L.dpuf

Mike don't come cheap.

I have watched this preview a couple of times and I do not hear Michael Jnr mentioned, anyway isn't M. Jnr Blanket? One can never understand what JJ says anyway! If it is a sneak preview doesn't that mean it has been made already? They want to recoupe some of the money they spent. Blanket may have some of MJ's mannerisms but he doesn't look a bit like MJ at that age. Why would they want fans to donate I don't think MJ would approve. We are hard working folk many retirees struggling to heat our homes. Mrs J just cast you memory back to 2300 Jackson street and your struggles. Enough said. You will driving MJs fans away.:no:

Prince is offically michael jr. and blanket is offically prince!!

anything for a pay check. they could just release a movie of his life with only home movies but no, they have to plaster interviews all over it. only thing that deserves to get 3 million contributed is a victory tour blu ray & cinema release tbh.

Last edited:

anything for a pay check. they could just release a movie of his life with only home movies but no, they have to plaster interviews all over it.

They could honestly just do that, just have a documentary about stories they remember about Michael and home videos. That's it. Have interviews with his family (and children ONLY if they want to do it, not if they are forced). The children could pick out footage they felt comfortable with sharing (they would probably know best what Michael would like to share and what not), talk about it, give more stories that aren't on camera, discuss how MJ was an amazing father to them... etc etc. That wouldn't cost anywhere near as what Katherine is asking (does she really think the general public will raise 2.3 MILLION dollars?). A positive documentary like this is likely to get support from The Estate, therefore they can actually use Michael's music for well... probably free... or cheap!

We don't need another documentary that features "many video clips and musical moments that are an integral part of telling his life story" during the "the most pivotal moments in his life", of which are expensive to license. If it's that expensive to license, it's probably been released already anyway and is nothing new! Let's be honest, all the big 'pivotal moments' of Michael's life - we pretty much know a lot about anyway. We would LOVE to know more about the role that brought Michael so much happiness - being a father to three beautiful children.

Honestly if they did some sort of 'home videos' tribute documentary like that, a prominent channel would be likely to air it and it would give everyone some good publicity for once during what has probably been the worst year in publicity since MJ's death. Michael would be presented as the loving father he is by the people who would know that best - the children - and people wouldn't be thinking of Katherine as the greedy person she is, simply because everyone could actually access it for free and it would actually come off as a TRIBUTE, not another attempt to make money off of your dead son. But nope, we'll have to spend at least $35 (atm) to see the finished thing.

It's just so horrendous - using ppb as a tool to raise money from fans to pay the mj estate for some licensing to use in a cheapskate documentary so we can hear how much the children miss mj and all their private memories of him as a father. It makes the cardiff tribute look like a good idea. I just hope this flies under the radar and doesn't get picked up by the general public, as it's humilating and embarrassing.

Historic said:
Honestly if they did some sort of 'home videos' tribute documentary like that, a prominent channel would be likely to air it and it would give everyone some good publicity for once during what has probably been the worst year in publicity since MJ's death. Michael would be presented as the loving father he is by the people who would know that best - the children - and people wouldn't be thinking of Katherine as the greedy person she is, simply because everyone could actually access it for free and it would actually come off as a TRIBUTE, not another attempt to make money off of your dead son. But nope, we'll have to spend at least $35 (atm) to see the finished thing.
I don't believe for one moment the motivation behind this project is to give mj 'good publicity'. For me the fact they are making it so clear they need the money from fans to pay the estate for the licensing of using their own son/father in their film suggests it's just a ruse by the family to shame the estate into just letting them use mj's image and music for free so they can have a cheap doc and make $$ on it, or to pressure the estate that they will come up with more and more stupid deals if they don't get a sizable chunk of mrs j's portion of the estate. That was a none too subtle threat from joe in saying that he was wanting to train up blanket to be a mj impersonator. With the aeg trial over for now, it's back to the battles against the estate, and they've no problem in blatently using ppb in their machinations.

Last edited:
Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

I've got on Good Morning America right now and it is in their story highlights, but they are advertising it as Michael's children speak, Blanket speaks for the first time and they show a clip of Paris talking about her Dad wanting to teach her to Moonwalk and showing Prince talking.

They are going to have a segment on his kids in relation to this documentary this morning on GMA coming up.

About funding: After you share your campaign, you’ll begin receiving contributions that will be deposited directly into your account. This money is yours to keep. No repayment is ever required. - See more at: http://fundanything.com/en/how#sthash.TfOj6Ynj.dpuf

It looks like they get to keep whatever is given to them regardless of if they meet their funding goals or not.

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

I've got on Good Morning America right now and it is in their story highlights, but they are advertising it as Michael's children speak, Blanket speaks for the first time and they show a clip of Paris talking about her Dad wanting to teach her to Moonwalk and showing Prince talking.

They are going to have a segment on his kids in relation to this documentary this morning on GMA coming up.

Could you record that footage?

Just heard about this on GMA. The focus was the kids, especially blanket speaking for the first time. Blanket said he wants to help Africa because it is a poor continent, and he wants to help with the poaching of animals. Blanket spoke with a nasal voice. Don't know if he has a cold.

The Jacksons should stop using Katherine as the point person. The woman has lost all credibility.

Last edited:

They could honestly just do that, just have a documentary about stories they remember about Michael and home videos. That's it. Have interviews with his family (and children ONLY if they want to do it, not if they are forced). The children could pick out footage they felt comfortable with sharing (they would probably know best what Michael would like to share and what not), talk about it, give more stories that aren't on camera, discuss how MJ was an amazing father to them... etc etc. That wouldn't cost anywhere near as what Katherine is asking (does she really think the general public will raise 2.3 MILLION dollars?). A positive documentary like this is likely to get support from The Estate, therefore they can actually use Michael's music for well... probably free... or cheap!

We don't need another documentary that features "many video clips and musical moments that are an integral part of telling his life story" during the "the most pivotal moments in his life", of which are expensive to license. If it's that expensive to license, it's probably been released already anyway and is nothing new! Let's be honest, all the big 'pivotal moments' of Michael's life - we pretty much know a lot about anyway. We would LOVE to know more about the role that brought Michael so much happiness - being a father to three beautiful children.

Why do they feel the need to do that? MJ has appointed the executors of his estate for crying out loud. The executors job is to do just that i.e promote, protect and preserve MJ legacy. His extended family should just back off. really they are just pathetic.

MJ3 should just focus on their education. they are too young to even make sense of anything.

why can these people grieve privately? and it's not like they are the ONLY ones who have lost their love ones. Every year millions of people die, including the very wealthy from hollywood (Elizabeth Taylor, Paul Walker, Yves Saint Laurent, etc...), politics(Nelson Mandela, Margaret Thatcher, etc..) and other walks of life. but you don't hear all these knee jerks documentaries by their extended families.

I don't believe for one moment the motivation behind this project is to give mj 'good publicity'.

I don't either man. They can claim to try and give Michael the tribute he deserves (and a good tribute should give someone like him good publicity), but when they're demanding an exorbitant amount of money like they are, you can't help but feel this is just another attempt by Katherine to make even more money off of her dead son.

Why do they feel the need to do that? MJ has appointed the executors of his estate for crying out loud. The executors job is to do just that i.e promote, protect and preserve MJ legacy. His extended family should just back off. really they are just pathetic.

Hey I agree with you, I was just suggesting something that I felt would be better than this overly-expensive documentary. I don't actually think they should do it (after all, as you said, the Estate are people who are promoting and protecting MJ's legacy), but if they WERE to do a documentary, I'd rather they do what I suggested in my post instead of what they've done here.

I just hope this flies under the radar and doesn't get picked up by the general public, as it's humilating and embarrassing.

You got that right. It's utterly insulting. kids are reduced to beggars by their own Guardian. isn't that tragic?

Hey I agree with you, I was just suggesting something that I felt would be better than this overly-expensive documentary. I don't actually think they should do it (after all, as you said, the Estate are people who are promoting and protecting MJ's legacy), but if they WERE to do a documentary, I'd rather they do what I suggested in my post instead of what they've done here.

What you don't get is that this whole thing is a SCAM.

and why can't these people grieve in private, like everyone else?

and why can't these people grieve in private, like everyone else?

h7P9EFM.jpg

ivy;3939762 said:
About funding: After you share your campaign, you’ll begin receiving contributions that will be deposited directly into your account. This money is yours to keep. No repayment is ever required. - See more at: http://fundanything.com/en/how#sthash.TfOj6Ynj.dpuf

It looks like they get to keep whatever is given to them regardless of if they meet their funding goals or not.

Thank you, I have been trying to say this. Buyer beware, ask the question if you are thinking of donating.

After the way the family have trashed mike this last five years they have a cheek talking about positive documentries etc. wish the kids would say no but no doubt their emotions will be played on and used by katherine like she did with mj. luckiky the kids wont have to put up with it for a life time

Just heard about this on GMA. The focus was the kids, especially blanket speaking for the first time. Blanket said he wants to help Africa because it is a poor continent, and he wants to help with the poaching of animals. Blanket spoke with a nasal voice. Don't know if he has a cold.

The Jacksons should stop using Katherine as the point person. The woman has lost all credibility.

This is precisely why I'm convinced beyond the shadow of the doubt that MJ made the biggest mistake of granting custody of his kids to KJ. There is no way in hell he would have allowed the blatant exploitation of his kids. not like this. it's so humiliating.

we need these two threads merged please.

Worth noting in case anyone is inclined to 'donate' - i cannot see any mention that investors will get their money back if this project doesn't reach it's goal. I don't know how these things work, maybe it's automatic but please do check if you are thinking of contributing your hard earned money.

it's a scam. Please keep your money or donate to a registered charity near you.

elusive moonwalker ....who says

:lol: LOL

Here's some information about proposed Howard Mann - Katherine Jackson documentary for reference

25tun3p.jpg

I would rather donate to the Syrian appeal

Here's some information about proposed Howard Mann - Katherine Jackson documentary for reference

25tun3p.jpg

25 million on that c**p? URGH, blatantly all for money. disgrace.

Back