Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

As far as I'm concerned they can all go to hell and never come back. I only care for Michael's children, period!

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Not to sound horrible. But I hate the way the Jackson family bring out these "tributes" to Michael every other year. It seems like money for old rope to me. I don't like the way they use MJ's kids whenever they begin promoting something it's not fair. Also I bet Michael wouldn't be happy about Joe saying that "Blanket" is the next MJ, for 1 it goes against everything Michael ever said in his book and many interviews about not pushing his kids into show business. And 2 how much pressure is on "Blanket" to be the next Michael, I mean we'll be very lucky to see anyone half as good as Michael.
The other problem I have with this is, in the video they show pictures and videos of Michael from before 1986, which is when the vitiligo began to change his appearance, it's like saying after the Victory Tour nothing mattered because of it. The Jackson family do this on every series and special (all the pictures on the donation site are before 1985 as well), they talk mainly about the years when he was with his brothers and Thriller era, and they touch on his solo career after Thriller. And that sickens me as a huge fan of Michael's, because I believe he gained a lot of legendary status after Thriller and The Victory Tour, and it's like his family care not to remember it. So much for honouring his legacy.

The other problem I have with this is, in the video they show pictures and videos of Michael from before 1986, which is when the vitiligo began to change his appearance, it's like saying after the Victory Tour nothing mattered because of it. The Jackson family do this on every series and special (all the pictures on the donation site are before 1985 as well), they talk mainly about the years when he was with his brothers and Thriller era, and they touch on his solo career after Thriller. And that sickens me as a huge fan of Michael's, because I believe he gained a lot of legendary status after Thriller and The Victory Tour, and it's like his family care not to remember it. So much for honouring his legacy.

I think that also has to do with the fact that most pics are from the vault that Howard Mann bought from Harry Vaccaro and that vault has mainly stuff until about the mid 80s. But yeah, a part of it could be self-serving because after that Michael did not have much to do with his brothers career-wise.

Before these threads were merged I thought this was just a sneak peek of some new documentary about Michael.. When watching the vid I was annoyed at the cheesy-ness of it and how insincere it came across, shocked to see Michaels kids in there, majorly pissed off with Joe saying Blanket just needs some 'training' (which is quite scary) but when they asked us for money in the end I was just……..:bugeyed I guess I should've seen it comin'<_<
Against my better knowledge, I hope they don't get a dime, I hope they won't finish this documentary so it will never be released and save his kids the embarrassment & then I hope they will STOP using Michael for money:no:

This is precisely why I'm convinced beyond the shadow of the doubt that MJ made the biggest mistake of granting custody of his kids to KJ. There is no way in hell he would have allowed the blatant exploitation of his kids. not like this. it's so humiliating.

The crew at GMA tried hard to hide their stunned disbelief. The final words were " we hope the kids are ok."

Katherine Jackson, the jig is up! The game is over, the time of reckoning is here.

Not to sound horrible. But I hate the way the Jackson family bring out these "tributes" to Michael every other year. It seems like money for old rope to me.

Exactly and they're not even good tributes! Remember that tribute concert in 2011? That was just terrible, especially when compared to the tribute concert Freddie Mercury received. None of these tributes are worthy of Michael's name.

I'm so sick of the Jackson family abusing Michael's name to quick buck. Absolutely disgusting and just plain old greedy, nothing less. I feel so sorry for Michael's children. Apart from Michael himself, they're the only Jacksons I care about.

The crew at GMA tried hard to hide their stunned disbelief. The final words were " we hope the kids are ok."

Katherine Jackson, the jig is up! The game is over, the time of reckoning is here.

Thanks for the feedback. you know what? in the end this reflects very poorly on KJ, whatever the jacksons and crew think they are doing is ONLY backfiring on them. it does not take a genuius to see what is going on, really.

Surprised by this latest venture? No. Disgusted? Yes.

*Sits in a corner and waits for the first Jackson family fan to come in and defend this latest ish*

Sheesh...

Also trying to figure out who are exactly behind this. Tried to find out who the mentioned co-producer is, but can only find a businessman who deals in polysilicon under that name, not someone with film credentials...

And holy crap, that poster must be one of the tackiest film posters ever.

I think that also has to do with the fact that most pics are from the vault that Howard Mann bought from Harry Vaccaro and that vault has mainly stuff until about the mid 80s. But yeah, a part of it could be self-serving because after that Michael did not have much to do with his brothers career-wise.
It's probably mainly the former, though they do obviously have a tendency to emphasize anything which involved the family. I still remember Marlon hosting a programme about the Jacksons. After a long segment about the Victory Tour the rest of MJ's solo career was summed up with something like: "After the Victory Tour, Michael set out to do several projects. *3 second clip of the Bad video* Meanwhile, I had my first hit single, Don't Go, which went to #2." *cut to 2-minute clip of Marlon performing*

For some reason I can't copy the content on my mobile, can someone do it please, it mentions KJ

http://abcnews.go.com/entertainment/t/blogEntry?id=21233535&ref=https://www.google.co.uk/

Edit Here it is

ABCNEWS.com
Michael Jackson left behind three children the world knew little about when he died more than four years ago. "Remembering Michael" is a new documentary that now sheds light on intimate details about the King of Pop's personal life through the eyes of his children.

"It took me until I was, like, six years old, to learn that his name was Michael Jackson. He was always 'daddy' to me," Jackson's oldest son, Prince, 16, says in the documentary.

Jackson's youngest child, 11-year-old Blanket, also speaks publicly for the first time about his future aspirations.

Conrad Murray Says Michael Jackson Gave Lethal Drug Dose to Himself

"I'm going to try to help, like Africa, because that's a very poor continent," Blanket says. "There's a lot of animals that are being killed from, like, poachers and stuff. So, I want to help, like, endangered species of animals."

Paris, 15, describes the great lengths her father went to protect the children's privacy. Their secluded upbringing included wearing veils and masks in public.

"We didn't know a lot of kids, like, our age," she says. "We were more secluded. We never really left the ranch that often."

Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic/Getty Images
The documentary, executive produced by family matriarch Katherine Jackson, can be viewed on Fundanything.com by fans who pay a $10 fee online. Contributions are being solicited online at different levels in exchange for memorabilia to cover licensing costs.

"[Katherine] really wanted to fund this without asking any of the people around her, including the Michael Jackson estate, for funding," Kirk Schenck, producer of "Remembering Michael," told ABC News.

Jury Sides with AEG in Michael Jackson Wrongful Death Suit

The children believe, sometimes, that Jackson's eccentric lifestyle and behavior were misunderstood. "It's not right to invade someone's privacy like that," Blanket says.

In one scene from the preview, Prince talks about how his father pushed the children to be great. "He wanted us to always … be greater at it than anybody else had ever been," Prince said.

Jackson, 50, died in 2009 from acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication.

"He promised me he would teach me how to moonwalk," Paris says. "He never got around to it."

Last edited:

Is this for real?

OMG nooooo not more, jezzzzz.

Why don't they just get together with the estate do a documentary dvd distribute it through Sony then they would not need to be calling on the fans (who are not rich) and everything would be legit, at the end of the day all four of them are the estate beneficiaries so surely they can use what they in a sense own (if you get my meaning)

And yes this is soooooo Howard Mann, I can just tell by the gold fancy tacky writing which is exactly his style of design just like that site he created about KJ's book.

And $3.2 million thats a serious amount of money for something that is just a camera man recording this and that or am I missing something here with the content.

Me thinks yet another law suit coming from the estate if they are making money, which will then cement more of the divide in the community with those for and against Jackson/Estate.

Anyway I will hold my stance on this until I got more info which I have contacted them direct and the estate.

all for money...so sad, those poor kids.

it's so obvious blanket doesn't want to be interviewed, he seems so uncomfortable.

money grubbing hateful people...and Joe's words about Blanket sent shivers down my spine. :(

According to ABC article

Kirk Schenck, producer of "Remembering Michael,"

Kirk Schenck works at RDF USA - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kirk-schenck/11/3b2/7b1

RDF USA is bought by Zodiak USA - rdfusa.com takes you to http://www.zodiakusa.com/ webpage

Zodiak USA is the same firm that licensed Murray's 2011 documentary

http://www.zodiakrights.com/Brand/Print/4508?title=michael-jackson-and-the-doctor-a-fatal-friendship

----------------------------------

Kirk Schenck is also working at Six Eleven Media with Charles Bishop http://www.linkedin.com/pub/charles-bishop/b/262/a16 . Six Eleven media is a Canadian firm. (Howard Mann is also Canadian)

And it looks like Six Eleven Media is behind this documentary - http://vimeo.com/81975114

It's not clear if Six Eleven Media is connected to Zodiak USA or not.

with Branca in charge ,Katherine always gets off easily on her scams. Why would not they ( the four beneficiaries) join the estate ? because Katherine has no desire to increase the wealth of the real beneficiaries. She wants the money to go to her cubs not MJ's kids. That's not going to happen if the estate joined them on this project

OMG nooooo not more, jezzzzz.

Why don't they just get together with the estate do a documentary dvd distribute it through Sony then they would not need to be calling on the fans (who are not rich) and everything would be legit, at the end of the day all four of them are the estate beneficiaries so surely they can use what they in a sense own (if you get my meaning)

And yes this is soooooo Howard Mann, I can just tell by the gold fancy tacky writing which is exactly his style of design just like that site he created about KJ's book.

And $3.2 million thats a serious amount of money for something that is just a camera man recording this and that or am I missing something here with the content.

Me thinks yet another law suit coming from the estate if they are making money, which will then cement more of the divide in the community with those for and against Jackson/Estate.

Anyway I will hold my stance on this until I got more info which I have contacted them direct and the estate.

i agree with everything you have just said right there.. the boss speaks the truthful words of wisdom and i hope you can uncover the source of all of this and shed light, that thing's like this can't just happen without the guidance of the owners of Michael's material, they can't just sell 35mm reels of his legendary photo's.. boo

At first I thought aww how cool that is so great then it all went out the window when I then read they want $3.2 million of yours and my money to do such a tribute, why oh why does everything have controversy or something attached to it.

I don't know about you but I am so exhausted with all this.

At first I thought aww how cool that is so great then it all went out the window when I then read they want $3.2 million of yours and my money to do such a tribute, why oh why does everything have controversy or something attached to it.

I don't know about you but I am so exhausted with all this.

You are not alone.

Tacky and exploitative as hell! ugh! When will this sorta foolishness end?.....and why are the always hooking up with Z class people to work with?

I have posted a comment and asked the question direct on what happens to monies collected if this project does not reach it's goal. I will let you know when/if I get a reply.

^Anyone who wants to fund mj's children's memories being exploited in a cheap moneymaking scam deserves to lose their money.

I think that also has to do with the fact that most pics are from the vault that Howard Mann bought from Harry Vaccaro and that vault has mainly stuff until about the mid 80s.

Howard mann lost his lawsuit against the estate and doesn't have copyright over those images, maybe that's why there's this shortfall of $3m that they have to make up, lol. I have never seen such a cheap bit of artwork - and i'm using that term loosely - as that picture of mj serving up pancakes to ppb which seems to be the poster for this travesty. Have they given mrs j some cleavage? Is prince's head meant to be connected to his body?

Unless this is to purely designed to embarrass the estate, i can't see how mrs j or her 'executive producers' would contemplate going down this route to finance a relatively cheap film - it's what people do if they have no connections or are doing something that is not 'commercial'. I can actually believe that they didn't get the big $$$ from media outlets they were hoping for as the prospect of mj's children talking about mj has now lost it's exclusivity seeing that they have been pimped out to every audience conceivable, from oprah to aeg jurors these past few yrs, so they've resorted to mj fans shelling out. It's so unfair to have the children talk continually about their memories of their dad - they're too young to understand that there are some things you might want to keep private to yourself and that you're not obligated to share with the world, that there are things that might come out wrong and haters will twist and use against you and your father. It's just unprecedented to have the most protected celeb children in the world become in the space of a year or 2 to being the most unprotected and exposed. The media just sits there and laps it up without a hint of criticism.

Last edited:

c7d1a981-788a-4b2c-9f3a-71460f82bbda_8cd0832541387143d5d10eb607b178cce1003886.jpg

video at link

Blanket speaks out for the first time since his father Michael Jackson's death and tells how growing up on Neverland ranch was like 'living at a zoo'
Blanket, Paris and Prince Michael have all spoken in a new documentary about their father Michael Jackson
Last time Blanket was seen publicly was at his father's 2009 funeral
Now Joe Jackson thinks Blanket will be an even bigger star than Michael- after hearing a premonition from a fortune teller
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 10:02 EST, 16 December 2013 | UPDATED: 12:14 EST, 16 December 2013
43 shares 2 View
comments
Paris Jackson and her brother Prince Michael have spoken out publicly a number of times since their father died but now their youngest brother Blanket has joined them.
Blanket, who is now 11 years old, took part in a pay-per-view documentary called Remembering Our Michael that their grandmother Katherine Jackson helped create where the children are shown talking about their father.
During his segments, Blanket described his passion for animals which stems from his early life surrounded by exotic creatures at Neverland Ranch.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO
His father's legacy: Prince Michael II, known by his nickname Blanket, spoke about how his early introduction to exotic animals prompted his interest in Africa and endangered species
His father's legacy: Prince Michael II, known by his nickname Blanket, spoke about how his early introduction to exotic animals prompted his interest in Africa and endangered species
Blanket speaks for first time since father's death in SNEAK PEEK

'We lived in kind of like a zoo basically- (there were) giraffes, lions,' Blanket said.
'You probably heard of it but yeah we had a chimp named Bubbles,' he said of the singer's famous chimpanzee.

More...
Angelina Jolie may be called to testify in News Corp phone hacking case brought by her British stunt double
The lifelong feud with her sister that Hollywood starlet took to her grave: How Oscar-winner Joan Fontaine failed to heal bitter rift with Olivia de Havilland before dying aged 96
That exposure to African animals has apparently prompted an interest in their homeland as he apparently wants to help put an end to poaching.
'I just want to help Africa because that's a very poor continent,' Blanket said.
The last time we saw him: Blanket kept his face covered at his father's 2009 funeral
The last time we saw him: Blanket kept his face covered at his father's 2009 funeral
'There's a lot of animals being killed by poachers and stuff so I want to help endangered species of animals.'
Michael's father estranged father Joe Jackson was included in the documentary. Michael had spoken out about how his father abused him as a child and would regularly whip him during rehearsals, though he credited that incessant work ethic as the reason why he was so successful.
Now Joe appears to have his eyes set on another member of the Jackson family as being bound for stardom, saying in the documentary that he was told by a fortune teller that Blanket is bound for greatness.
'They said there would never be another Michael Jackson and I say we already have one. I said he just has to be trained. That kid is the spitting image of Michael when he was smaller,' Joe Jackson said.
Tuning in remotely: Paris Jackson is now living at a therapeutic boarding school in Utah after being hospitalized following a suicide attempt two years after her father's death
The eldest: Prince Michael I, who goes by Prince, is now 16-years-old
Tuning in remotely: Paris Jackson (left) is now living at a therapeutic boarding school in Utah after being hospitalized following a suicide attempt two years after her father's death. Prince (right) is now 16-years-old
The wedding: Michael Jackson married his nurse Debbie Rowe when she was six months pregnant with his son Prince Michael I (seen here at their 1996 wedding), and the couple went on to have daughter Paris a year later
The wedding: Michael Jackson married his nurse Debbie Rowe when she was six months pregnant with his son Prince Michael I (seen here at their 1996 wedding), and the couple went on to have daughter Paris a year later
'(The fortune teller) said that boy there is going to be the biggest entertainer in the world.'
Blanket has expressed an interest in his father's career path, recalling how he had an early interest in his dad's skills.
Bizarre: The promotional poster for the documentary shows Michael serving his children pancakes
Bizarre: The promotional poster for the documentary shows Michael serving his children pancakes
'Sometimes I would go in his room and watch videos of him dancing,' Blanket said.
His older sister Paris acknowledged that their unusual upbringing may have had it's own set of drawbacks.
'We didn't know a lot of kids our age. We were more secluded, we never really left the ranch that often,' she said of their life before Michael's 2009 death.
She defended his decision to keep the children in a world of their own, saying: 'There are a lot of bad people out there ... (but he) always wanted a taste normal life.'
Paris has had the most trouble publicly since her father's death, as she was hospitalized following a suicide attempt when she slit her wrist and took pills.
She has since reunited with her biological mother, Debbie Rowe, who said that Paris was having trouble connecting with her younger brother and her grandmother following Michael's death.
Paris is currently getting treatment at a therapeutic boarding school in Utah, though she was still able to participate in the making of the documentary.
'He promised he would teach me how to moonwalk- never got around to it,' she said of her father's signature dance move.
'I really hope his legacy lives on forever. I will never forget him ever. He was amazing.'
Prince Michael is Jackson's eldest son with Rowe, who he met because she worked as his dermatologist's assistant.
Rowe and Jackson married when she was six months pregnant with Prince, and they went on to have Paris a year later.
The couple split a year later and Jackson was awarded full custody of the children.
Concern: Blanket said that he wants to help stop the damage done by poachers in Africa
Concern: Blanket said that he wants to help stop the damage done by poachers in Africa
Animal lover: Michael made headlines when he bought 'Bubbles' the chimpanzee in 1987
Animal lover: Michael made headlines when he bought 'Bubbles' the chimpanzee in 1987
In 2002, Blanket was born via artificial insemination and his surrogate mother's identity remains a secret.
Prince Michael, who is now 16, spoke the most lovingly about his father, saying that he had no idea who his father really was until he was about six years old because he just knew him as daddy.
'He wanted us to always be what we wanted to be, just be greater at it than anyone else had ever been,' Prince Michael said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-speaks-time-fathers-death.html#ixzz2nf5aPwE9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Remembering dad: Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket share emotional insights into life with Michael Jackson in new documentary
By JASON CHESTER
PUBLISHED: 04:21 EST, 16 December 2013 | UPDATED: 05:42 EST, 16 December 2013
110 shares 32 View
comments
Michael Jackson’s three children have opened up about the devastating repercussions following his sudden death and their struggle to cope without their father in an intimate new film.
Forthcoming documentary Remembering Michael Jackson will be a candid account of the family’s personal struggle to deal with the void left by the pop legend’s passing at a rented Los Angeles home in June 2009.
The film will see all three children – Prince Michael, Paris and Prince Michael II, commonly referred to as Blanket – open up about life without Michael and share a series of never before heard stories about the reclusive star.
Opening up: (L-R) Blanket, Paris and Prince Michael have shared intimate memories of their father in new documentary film Remembering Michael Jackson
Opening up: (L-R) Blanket, Paris and Prince Michael have shared intimate memories of their father in new documentary film Remembering Michael Jackson
Paris was filmed giving her account just weeks before she attempted to take her own life at the Jackson family estate.
Speaking wistfully of her father, she admits he died before he could fulfill a promise he made to her.

More...
X Factor Final: Sam Bailey is crowned the WINNER as she reduces the entire panel to tears with final performance
Seeing double! X Factor winner Sam Bailey proves just how close she is to mentor Sharon Osbourne by dazzling in a virtually identical lace dress at show final
'What number do we call to vote her off?' Katy Perry lights up the X Factor final as a winged and caged gold bird... but fails to impress with 'patchy' vocals
She said: ‘He promised he would teach me how to moonwalk but never got around to it. I really hope his legacy lives on forever. I will never forget him ever. He was amazing.’
Paris also opened up about their detached lifestyle on Neverland Ranchl, admitting: ‘We didn’t know a lot of kids our own age. We never left the ranch that often.’
Memories: Paris says her father died before he could teach how to moonwalk, while Prince Michael reveals he didn't know his father's name until he was six
Memories: Paris says her father died before he could teach how to moonwalk, while Prince Michael reveals he didn't know his father's name until he was six
Looking back: Blanket recalls the menagerie of pets his father owned, amongst them chimp Bubbles
Looking back: Blanket recalls the menagerie of pets his father owned, amongst them chimp Bubbles
But while they rarely left the ranch, which was sold in 2005, younger brother Blanket has fond memories of his time on the sprawling California estate.
‘He had like a zoo, basically. He had giraffes, lions. He had alligators and snakes,’ he recalled. ‘You probably heard of it, but he had a chimp named Bubbles.’
In one of the film’s more stunning revelations, Prince Michael, 16, admits his father didn’t tell him his real name until he was six.
He said: ‘He never really wanted to tell us who he is as a person. It took me until I was six-years old to learn his name was Michael Jackson – he was always daddy to me and that was it.’
A veil of secrecy: Michael was fiercely protective of his children's privacy
A veil of secrecy: Michael was fiercely protective of his children's privacy
All three children are keen to work in the entertainment industry, with Paris – currently residing in a Utah treatment facility following her suicide attempt – hoping to become an actress.
But while grandfather Joe admits it’s ‘a lot more work than she thinks it is,’ he believes Blanket has the potential to follow in their father’s footsteps.
‘They said there would never be another Michael Jackson and I say that we already have one,’ he said. ‘But I said he just has to be trained. That kid is the spitting image of Michael when he was smaller.’
Funding: Family matriarch Katherine Jackson has funded the film with the aide of crowd sourcing website fundanything.com
Funding: Family matriarch Katherine Jackson has funded the film with the aide of crowd sourcing website fundanything.com
Katherine Jackson funded the new film via crowd sourcing website fundanything.com, a Kickstarter style site that gives users the opportunity to donate money to projects of their choice.
Jackson died on June 25 2009 following an overdose of powerful sedative Propofol, administered by cardiologist Dr. Conrad Murray.
Murray was released from prison earlier this year after seeing out a 2-year jail term for involuntary manslaughter, but concert promoter AIG – responsible for organising the shows – were found not liable for his death in October.
Without naming names, Paris added: ‘There are a lot of bad people out there.’
A trailer for the new film will be available to watch from 2pm exclusively at thesun.co.uk.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...el-Jackson-new-documentary.html#ixzz2nf60Q22I
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I hope the Estate can stop her because if it happens it'd be unacceptable. Who else could stop the Jackson to use and exploit the children? It seems like it's not enough for Katherine living with the allowance the Estate gives her every month (I know it's for those slacker brothers but anyway.) I also agree Michael made a huge mistake leaving his children under KJ's "care", I wish Diana Ross had a saying concerning PPB. I used to think Joe was the the only abusive and exploitative parent but seeing Katherine's actions made me realize, she contributed with the exploitation of their children as well, Michael specially and she hasn't changed, neither learned from those mistakes at all, SMH! :no:

In my opinion? Absolutely disgusting! Disgraceful! I've lost every ounce of respect I had for Katherine. To be honest - how can she do this? Ask the fans that brought her and her family through life.. for money? Wow. This is pretty low.

Is it just me or something but just the way Michael comes across seems weird to me. I don't know how to explain.

I wish the kids would see they are being used. Maybe when they are adults and have their independence they can do something for their dad.

Don't they ever get tired of their ever failing money-making schemes. It's so obvious that's all this is. They've been doing that since the whole Don King scam way back when, and they've never learned a thing from all the other failed money making attempts. Really sad.

No wonder Michael built a wall around him when it came to all of them. He had to, or else it was probably a constant bombardment of these hair-brained ideas. :(

Greeneyes said:
What a weird picture.

^Shudders. I thought that was a random chiwawa dog in the left hand window until i realised it was meant to be louis the llama.

Back