Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

We saw your question on our FundAnything page. If you make a contribution, you will receive all of your rewards, whether or not the project hits its goal. Thanks again for your interest and support.
Remembering Michael Team

So they will make the documentary regardless of hitting the goal?

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Yeah, I agree that picture looks like one of those Watch Tower mags but creepier because it looks so fake, specially the paparazzi almost squashing Michael's pet friends. :blink:

Another thing I noticed is that this must have been filmed a good while back. Paris's hair is long in that video, and it hasn't been like that for a long time.

I guess they dusted it off and pushing it out now because the whole AEG thing failed.

Yeah, I agree that picture looks like one of those Watch Tower mags but creepier because it looks so fake, specially the paparazzi almost squashing Michael's pet friends. :blink:

Can anyone make out the signature on the bottom right of that picture??? It looks like first initial T. and then the last name is O' something.

Like when fans got their rewards (what they paid for) when Randy ran Michael's website? :ph34r:

They are totally nuts :D "Rocky" budget was just a little bit more than 1 million dollars and this crap (I mean technically... it's no more than a couple of interviews overlayed with some MJ images) costs more than 3 million dollars? That's insane!! If I would like to give my money, I would give them to Steve001!

We saw your question on our FundAnything page. If you make a contribution, you will receive all of your rewards, whether or not the project hits its goal. Thanks again for your interest and support.
Remembering Michael Team

I don't get that answer. So if you donate $35 or more and even though the funding doesn't reach to the $3.2 million goal, you get the rewards including the DVD. So does that mean they don't need the $3.2 Million to finish the DVD? or does it mean if they get $3.2 Million it would have music but if they can't it won't?

It's just unprecedented to have the most protected celeb children in the world become in the space of a year or 2 to being the most unprotected and exposed. The media just sits there and laps it up without a hint of criticism.

Amen!!

BTW for $250 you get a Never Can Say Goodbye-book.

Remembering Michael Team

I don't get that answer. So if you donate $35 or more and even though the funding doesn't reach to the $3.2 million goal, you get the rewards including the DVD. So does that mean they don't need the $3.2 Million to finish the DVD? or does it mean if they get $3.2 Million it would have music but if they can't it won't?

Your guess is as good as mine, no idea. Makes no sense, why fund raise if you don't need the funds to finish the project?

the estate should plan a documentary for next year called Michael Jackson: The Legacy Lives On. 5 years later show how Michael's spellbounding art is still mesmerising the world's audiences, with contributions from Michael Durham Prince, Lavelle Smith, Travis Payne etc. with new unseen footage from This is it & in the studio, I would much rather prefer that, licensed by the estate & Sony than something like this..

....why fund raise if you don't need the funds to finish the project?

LOL! The answer to that should be pretty obvious by now. ;)

If she wants to remember Michael then give him the respect and peace he deserves.

It's really unnerving to see Joe Jackson salivating over Blanket like that... trying to sell him as the next "Michael".:doh:

What happens if the campaign does not hit its goal?

All funds raised will be applied to the movie's completion and regardless of meeting the target on FundAnything, Remembering Michael will be completed and released. You will also receive any rewards you purchase.

- See more at: http://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/rememberingmichael/faq#sthash.g5A5HNgu.dpuf

I love how Katherine Jackson dragged Michael's name through the mud with that AEG trial for money and now wants money in order to repair the damage! You can't make this stuff up!

"I'm going to try to help, like Africa, because that's a very poor continent," Blanket says. "There's a lot of animals that are being killed from, like, poachers and stuff. So, I want to help, like, endangered species of animals."

I prefer to donate my money to help Africa than to give it to Michael´s family.
I can support Blanket´s Africa project when he´s an adult...

What happens if the campaign does not hit its goal?

All funds raised will be applied to the movie's completion and regardless of meeting the target on FundAnything, Remembering Michael will be completed and released. You will also receive any rewards you purchase.

- See more at: http://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/rememberingmichael/faq#sthash.g5A5HNgu.dpuf

So if only one person signs up for the DVD they will complete it and send it.

Send the link to Branca. That should nip it in the bud before fans get taken yet again.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand Katherine Jackson at all.

So if only one person signs up for the DVD they will complete it and send it.

I think it is already complete in the sense what they think is a complete documentary about the legend Michael Jackson, a mix of interviews of family-members, in special Kathrine, Michaels childreen and some other "celebreties".

I think it is already complete in the sense what they think is a complete documentary about the legend Michael Jackson, a mix of interviews of family-members, in special Kathrine, Michaels childreen and some other "celebreties".

So why are the trying to raise $3.2 million dollars?

Send the link to Branca. That should nip it in the bud before fans get taken yet again.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand Katherine Jackson at all.

Estate is aware of it but it doesn't mean this is illegal.

Technically Katherine can do a documentary without Estate's endorsement as long as she doesn't infringe copyrights / trademarks - similar to how David Gest did a documentary. Given that she's asking for $3.2 Million for licensing fees for this time it seems they are thinking about legal routes to acquire use rights. previously they were in the mindset of "we can use anything we want", it doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

So why are the trying to raise $3.2 million dollars?

The only thing that makes sense is that probably they have completed the interviews - hence have an almost complete documentary at hand. The $3.2 M is explained to be for licensing which means they could use that funding to acquire use rights of music, videos and pictures. If they can't get the money they can still release the documentary with their own interviews and with no music, video, or MJ's pictures. That also explains why they simultaneously need and don't really need the $3.2 Million.

Estate is aware of it but it doesn't mean this is illegal.

Technically Katherine can do a documentary without Estate's endorsement as long as she doesn't infringe copyrights / trademarks - similar to how David Gest did a documentary. Given that she's asking for $3.2 Million for licensing fees for this time it seems they are thinking about legal routes to acquire use rights. previously they were in the mindset of "we can use anything we want", it doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

The money is for licensing fees but would the Estate/Sony license MJ's image and music for such a cheesy production? I just hate seeing fans send money for something I'm doubtful will materialize.

The money is for licensing fees but would the Estate license anything for such a cheesy production? I just hate seeing fans send money for something I'm doubtful will materialize.

You hit it right there. Even if they magically come up with the $3.2m (which i strongly doubt) I don't think the estate will agree to license those rights to them. so they're wasting their time.

The money is for licensing fees but would the Estate/Sony license MJ's image and music for such a cheesy production?

Yes for sure they know they never will. So the funds are just a additional income in addtion to the cheesy documentation they will sell.

You hit it right there. Even if they magically come up with the $3.2m (which i strongly doubt) I don't think the estate will agree to license those rights to them. so they're wasting their time.

Well....not exactly. ;) They'd get to keep the money and conveniently blame the Estate. Win win.

KJ and Joe have no shame. They are using the kids, with no regard for their wellbeing, and footage from the Victory Tour, which IMO was highly damaging to MJ and became the breaking point for him with his family--the last night in LA telling everyone in the audience it was his last tour with his brothers--and it was. He did not want to do the Victory Tour, agreed only after family pressure, then Don King got the funding for it from Pepsi, which led to the Pepsi commericial and the burn. Victory tour is where the family pushed MJ to the breaking point. I read at the end of the tour he weighed 110.

Looks like the kids were taped some time ago and maybe after Paris' suicide attempt Judge Beckloff is more aware of their past exploitation and more willing to protect them today, but who knows.

Well....not exactly. ;) They'd get to keep the money and conveniently blame the Estate. Win win.
sadly true.

KJ and Joe have no shame. They are using the kids, with no regard for their wellbeing, and footage from the Victory Tour, which IMO was highly damaging to MJ and became the breaking point for him with his family--the last night in LA telling everyone in the audience it was his last tour with his brothers--and it was. He did not want to do the Victory Tour, agreed only after family pressure, then Don King got the funding for it from Pepsi, which led to the Pepsi commericial and the burn. Victory tour is where the family pushed MJ to the breaking point. I read at the end of the tour he weighed 110.

Looks like the kids were taped some time ago and maybe after Paris' suicide attempt Judge Beckloff is more aware of their past exploitation and more willing to protect them today, but who knows.

How can you not get angry when you read stuff like this?

Back