Katherine Jackson & Segye Lawsuit

marc_vivien

Proud Member
Katherine Jackson May Have Screwed Herself
Originally posted 4 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Katherine Jackson's quest for money may have just cost her dearly ... because TMZ has obtained legal papers from a South Korean newspaper that is going after everything she makes ... until she pays off a $13 million debt.

Segye Times, a South Korean newspaper, filed papers with the Michael Jackson estate, informing the court it got a judgment against Katherine in 1994 for $4 million. That's when the newspaper advanced Katherine, Joe and Jermaine $5.5 million for a series of Jackson family concerts that never took place.

Segye claims with interest the judgment now exceeds $13 million, and it wants an order from the judge forcing the estate to pay Segye any money the estate might pay Katherine.

Now here's how Katherine screwed herself. By making all the deals she's been making -- for books, gala events and such -- she's made it clear to the world her goal is to roll in dough and Segye has taken notice.

Re: Katherine Jackson May Have Screwed Herself

lol at the title of the article

Poor Katherine, This is what u get when U listen to Joe!!!!1994 there should a limitation for this, anyone know?????

I think there was an old video of jermaine in 1990 talking about the whole family getting together and perform in korea

Joe, Kate, etc promised that Michael would perform in Korea - and got advance funds for their word...but they forgot to ask Michael before they promised...

he said no - Korea wants their funds back - they sued....

----
perhaps there isn't any statue of limitations in Korea ...

Statute of limitation on civil judgements in California is 10 years. I don't know when this paper won the judgement.

Statute of limitation on civil judgements in California is 10 years. I don't know when this paper won the judgement.

So what happens regarding people who don't pay ouy? If the statute of limitations passes, one would think that means they (people who won the settlement) can't go after Katherine, Joe or Jermaine anymore. But that doesn't sound fair to be honest. :scratch:

This makes me think of the O.J. civil case. The Goldmans haven't gotten a dime.

No, I don't think it has expired yet. That lawsuit is exactly the reason why the estate was unable to give her, her allowance and decided to increase the kids allowance as Katherine gets the kids allowance as well being their guardian. The kids allowance is being used for her and the rest of the people she may or may not support along with for paying for security. They kids used to get 86k a month combined but that has been increased probably to 100k monthly. Also costs at encino such as for the gardener, maids, electricity etc is being paid extra by the estate. When Michael was here he used to give Katherine money ''under the table'' so to speak, that is why they couldn't go after anything she has as everything was owned by Michael in that house and she didn't get no money officially.
The Koreans sued Michael then to due to Jermanine and Josephs wrong doings. Michael paid whatever millions the lawsuit was but the rest of them either didn't or couldn't

People have been saying she is not getting an allowance as fact and I want to know where that was coming from as this seems to be just happening now that they want to go after her allowance.

The Koreans sued Michael then to due to Jermanine and Josephs wrong doings. Michael paid whatever millions the lawsuit was but the rest of them either didn't or couldn't
i thought mjs was taken out of the lawsuit as it had nothing to do with him.

i thought mjs was taken out of the lawsuit as it had nothing to do with him.

Mike settled according to this:
"The paper sued the Jacksons in 1990 in Contra Costa, claiming the family members were paid $5.5 million for a series of concerts. The concerts never happened and the paper sued, including Michael Jackson as a defendant, documents state.

The pop superstar settled the claims against him in an out-of-court deal in 1992. It was unclear whether his estate is liable for the remaining judgment."
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32307182

Mike settled according to this:
"The paper sued the Jacksons in 1990 in Contra Costa, claiming the family members were paid $5.5 million for a series of concerts. The concerts never happened and the paper sued, including Michael Jackson as a defendant, documents state.

The pop superstar settled the claims against him in an out-of-court deal in 1992. It was unclear whether his estate is liable for the remaining judgment."
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32307182
It's clear that the estate is liable for any judgement against Joe Jerms or Katherine its their business to take care of (i know ur just quoting but still lol )

no he had to settle it, he had to pay due to their greed.

u sure cause ive read the opposite many times.mj never signed agreed to anything so they had to go after katherine etc. if they got money off mj i doubt they woud be bothered about the small fry. anyway it doesnt matter

the estate isnt laible for jerm or joe or katherine. nothing to do with mj

People have been saying she is not getting an allowance as fact and I want to know where that was coming from as this seems to be just happening now that they want to go after her allowance.
It was stated in court back in late 09 that is also why they increased the kids allowance, and from what I've understood is that the Koreans want to go after whatever money she is making illegally with those side business's e.g the book deal and so on, as that money goes directly to her name.

u sure cause ive read the opposite many times.mj never signed agreed to anything so they had to go after katherine etc. if they got money off mj i doubt they woud be bothered about the small fry. anyway it doesnt matter

the estate isnt laible for jerm or joe or katherine. nothing to do with mj
well from what i remember he counter sued them during that time but then settled, i may be wrong though but i believe i read few months ago that he had to settled it and paid up whatever he had to pay

ok. u have me wondering. have to do abit of googling lol cantsee how mj would settle anything. its the same thing as thefmaily honours and all the other dodgy shows. mj signed nothing the family jsut agreed for him

I thought they had gone after MJ too but lost (?).

Prob M paid "his" part to get rid of them but not his family's...and now they have to face the consequences of their mistakes

are they going after jerm and joe because those guys are making money too all thanks to Michael.

I had heard too that he settled with the koreans for his portion. But Jermaine, Joe and Katherine were still liable. Michael had separated himself from them and settled his part from what I remember.

Back