Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

Off topic, but on the bolded part, I'm thinking it's possible Chandler may have contacted the family directly after Michael's death and apologised to them for the crap that he and his family put MJ through. Wishful thinking, I know. But I find it hard to believe that this 79 year old grandmother would go on the internet, find a little known blog made by an unknown user claiming to be "Evan" (the user got the names mixed up, he should have been Jordan NOT Evan), and believe it. What makes that story even more unlikely, is that blog about "Evan" recanting his claims, wasn't really reported. I'm confused as to how she knew about it... :scratch: That's what got me thinking... Maybe Jordan got in contact with them and recanted his claims to them? I don't know. Again, wishful thinking.

Back on topic...

I think it's simpler than that. That rumor went viral on the net and someone told the family, and she repeated it. As Jermaine has done.
If she was personally contacted and divulged the info on network television, she apparently had the freedom to tell the world. If it was true, something of that magnitude would have gotten widespread coverage. Instead, it was quickly rebutted because it had been investigated and was false.

Also, if Chandler had personally contacted Katherine, I believe she would have mentioned it, just like she mentioned she and Debbie had been in personal contact.
With the Chandler info, she was repeating something, versus providing firsthand info.

Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

Sounding valid is one thing, having the EVIDENCE to back it up is another. And that's what this will all ball down to, in my opinion. Who saw what, how credible that person is and if they have evidence to back up their claims.

Also, this is a message board, which is basically made up of OPINIONS. And sometimes with a little bit of luck, there may be a bit of fact thrown in for good measure. But more times then none, it balls down to OPINIONS.

If we all just said "I don't know," there would be no reason to have DISCUSSION boards. Fact is, we don't know, but that has never stopped us from discussing anything before. LOL!

you got that right! lol

Off topic, but on the bolded part, I'm thinking it's possible Chandler may have contacted the family directly after Michael's death and apologised to them for the crap that he and his family put MJ through. Wishful thinking, I know. But I find it hard to believe that this 79 year old grandmother would go on the internet, find a little known blog made by an unknown user claiming to be "Evan" (the user got the names mixed up, he should have been Jordan NOT Evan), and believe it. What makes that story even more unlikely, is that blog about "Evan" recanting his claims, wasn't really reported. I'm confused as to how she knew about it... :scratch: That's what got me thinking... Maybe Jordan got in contact with them and recanted his claims to them? I don't know. Again, wishful thinking.

Back on topic...
jermaine was the one who started talking in the press about the fake blogg. so she prob got the info from there

"The attorney in the lawsuit is VERY credible. His reputation is at-stake."

This is not completely true. The attorney that is working for Mrs. Jackson get paid regardless how the suit ends. They are not a group of lawyers who only get paid if the client wins.

In cases like this, companies usually settle out of court instead of going through a trial. This is most done for PR reasons, even if the company has a good case. We seen this happened with JCpenny when their lawsuit was brought up back in the 2005 trial. In suit like this the main purpose to the shame the company into settling, so they wouldn't even had to show evidences of wrong doing, just imply and public pressure would handle the rest.

The problem is that the family is the one being shame in this because people see right through the suit. So, AEG has no reason to settle and will take this to a hearing. Without a contract to prove that Murray ever worked for AEG and Michael's prior history with Murray, it renders the rest of the suit moot. Nothing else needs or have to be proven on AEG's part if the family cannot establish that Murray worked for them to begin with.

^^^^ And the kind of recognition and clients these attorneys can get for this case is priceless.

To TwinklEE: There is such a thing as standing behind a family in a lawsuit even if the person the lawsuit is over had serious medical/psychological/addiction problems in their lifetime. No matter what the problems were or how long term they were, that person SHOULD NOT DIE at the incompetence of a full time licensed physician!!!! Michael Jackson may have had many of the above problems but neither you nor I lived his life!!! I doubt seriously anyone could have done any better with the circumstances Michael had to endure for far too many years of his life. His family has the right to know EVERYTHING that happened to him and the only way they are going to know this is through lawsuits. In my opinion $$$$ is not what they are after. Have you ever heard of the word JUSTICE???? What would any of us be doing if the person who died was one of our family members? And would it matter if that family member had multiple problems in their lifetime? Please do not refer to Michael as J---o. Although I don't know you and probably don't agree with you on many things, I would never refer to you in a disrespectable manner, esp. on a public forum.

I have to agree with you SandyFromHouston. If Murrary did have a contract between himself and AEG, why wouldn't AEG do a background check on him and or a criminal history and what his license status is? How were they to make arrangements for Murrary to travel to another country? Would he be allowed to perform medical tratment outside of the USA?
Michael always wanted to be in a wheel chair, I wonder why? Since when we as fan ever believe in "sources" and / "media press"? Do we trust them? do we believe their words? I don't!

Michael had bad press all of the time. They never wanted to see him continue to prosper. We do know for a fact, someone wanted him dead; we heard that from his lips. He knew Sony wanted his Sony/ATV catalog, he said that ALL the time.:(

Additionally, if Prince did witness his dying father and has suffered, they deserve to be sued. We all now PP&B were present in the home...I believe they, the children would be suffering emotional distress which could last for years.

Last edited:

"The attorney in the lawsuit is VERY credible. His reputation is at-stake."

This is not completely true. The attorney that is working for Mrs. Jackson get paid regardless how the suit ends. They are not a group of lawyers who only get paid if the client wins.

In cases like this, companies usually settle out of court instead of going through a trial. This is most done for PR reasons, even if the company has a good case. We seen this happened with JCpenny when their lawsuit was brought up back in the 2005 trial. In suit like this the main purpose to the shame the company into settling, so they wouldn't even had to show evidences of wrong doing, just imply and public pressure would handle the rest.

The problem is that the family is the one being shame in this because people see right through the suit. So, AEG has no reason to settle and will take this to a hearing. Without a contract to prove that Murray ever worked for AEG and Michael's prior history with Murray, it renders the rest of the suit moot. Nothing else needs or have to be proven on AEG's part if the family cannot establish that Murray worked for them to begin with.

Yes, win or lose the lawyers always get paid and that's all that matters to them.

Yes, Katherine will end up with egg on her face and Michael's name will be slimed again.

Yes, companies usually settle. It's easier and less expansive than going to trial and pay the lawyers for several years of services.

How were they to make arrangements for Murrary to travel to another country? Would he be allowed to perform medical tratment outside of the USA?

Those are good questions and as far as I can tell, AEG did not make any preparations for Murray's travel. I believe there was no BLUE CARD issued to Murray, something he would have needed if he were going to be working in another country.

Also, Murray's lodging during the 50 dates. They were about to leave America in about 8 days. Did AEG secure housing for Murray? I have a feeling they did not.

In my opinion, AEG was STALLING. In my opinion, they were NEVER going to hire Murray. In my opinion, they were hoping that once they got to London, they would have asked Michael to retain a doctor there. A doctor who was from London and who would not be as expensive as Murray.

I mean, if they wanted Murray on their team SO BADLY, why didn't they just sign him up? End of story!

I wonder how long it took for Ortega to sign his contract. Or Michael Bearden, the dancers and all of the other musicians.

...all this lawsuit seems to be is about shifting the blame from murray to AEG becasue murray has no money. heck it wouldnt surprise me if murrary testifyed for the family (tonge in cheak) after all its helping him!...

:sad:

Additionally, if Prince did witness his dying father and has suffered, they deserve to be sued. We all now PP&B were present in the home...I believe they, the children would be suffering emotional distress which could last for years.

And if AEG is able to PROVE that Dr. Murray was wholly the choice of Michael's and under his direction in this treatment, will MJ be held accountable for Murray's colossally dumbass actions, too?

And no I don't hold MJ responsible for what happened to him on June 25, but it is such a stretch to me that AEG or ANYONE other than Murray is being blamed for this idiot calling Prince upstairs for assistance.

Those are good questions and as far as I can tell, AEG did not make any preparations for Murray's travel. I believe there was no BLUE CARD issued to Murray, something he would have needed if he were going to be working in another country.

Also, Murray's lodging during the 50 dates. They were about to leave America in about 8 days. Did AEG secure housing for Murray? I have a feeling they did not.

In my opinion, AEG was STALLING. In my opinion, they were NEVER going to hire Murray. In my opinion, they were hoping that once they got to London, they would have asked Michael to retain a doctor there. A doctor who was from London and who would not be as expensive as Murray.

I mean, if they wanted Murray on their team SO BADLY, why didn't they just sign him up? End of story!

I wonder how long it took for Ortega to sign his contract. Or Michael Bearden, the dancers and all of the other musicians.

there was defo something going with whether he was going or not.like u say AEG wanted someone in london the delays with the contracts. theres been lots of talk he wasnt gonna go at all.question is whether we ever find out the truth one way or the other. theres the issues with the visa although from looking on the uk border site there is a posibility he didnt need one. i think in regards to housing there was some mention in it in one of the contracts. staying on the grounds of the house with mj or somewhere near by. if hes gonna be his dr u expect him to be in the grounds at least. there was obviously an issue with money.all that blatently contridicts the lawsuit and AEG obsession with having him as mjs dr. there was no contract between murray and AEG and they certainly didnt seem to want on board let alone working for them directly.there was only a contract signed by murray on the 24th june for the london shows.

hows that got anything to do with AEG. it seems that some fans are so desperate to see AEG pay they are prepaired to take blame away from murray. we all wish mjj turned down the offers. i wish the millenium dome as it was originary called was never built. thenthe 02 arena would never excist.AEG never bought it out AEG never excisted. then mj would still be here. but at the end of the day this comes down to murray and no one else. he had done his job properly then we would be none the wiser the shows would be over and that would be it. but he didnt do his job properly and that was by his choice and stupidity and no one elses.no one made him sit on that phone for 45 mins. no one else made him change his story several times and tried to cover it up. thats why hes the one on trial in a criminal court

Last edited:

This is all a mess. However, if it is for only money, do you think they would take advatage of Michael's children?
Personally, if it s all for money, having them to have to retain a lawyer and go through this process including all the DOES 1-100 does makes me think they are guilty of some parts of this. And if true of Prince witnessing, shoot not only Prince but P&B being there should up the charges for murder 2. I just have a sensitivity for the well being of children and Murrary's actions or inactions were uncalled for.

Why would Murray take MJ to the hospital the night he asked? Why dis he wait 90 minutes to call 911. I drove to 100 Carolwood Way yesterday and UCLA is less than 3 min from where MJ lived. This could have been avoided. Plus, Murrary never told the attending doctor's at UCLA he was attending to Michael. That in itself is surely criminal. So, what was Murray hidding?

I just can't stand that man. He is truly demonic.

This is all a mess. However, if it is for only money, do you think they would take advatage of Michael's children?
i put nothing past randy jackson. he had the gaul to apologise to mj over tweeter that he couldnt get the kids to F.L to have pictures of them taken in the there.so he could sell them to the press on the 25th. stories about what the kids are doing are ending up in the press every 2 minutes either via sources or family members talking about them direct. normally via tmz or that tabloid site that randy is always talking to.u have photos/videos everywhere so yes in short i put nothing past some ppl becasue it isnt just about money. money is the key issue it has been since the begining. trying to be put incharge of the estate.trying ot have the will thrown out trying to get rid of the executors.

whther the kids saw anything really has nothing to do with uping it to murder 2

murray knew he shouldnt have been giving dip in such a situation hence all the lies. he hoped it would have been gone and out of the system

there was defo something going with whether he was going or not.like u say AEG wanted someone in london the delays with the contracts. theres been lots of talk he wasnt gonna go at all.question is whether we ever find out the truth one way or the other. theres the issues with the visa although from looking on the uk border site there is a posibility he didnt need one. i think in regards to housing there was some mention in it in one of the contracts. staying on the grounds of the house with mj or somewhere near by. if hes gonna be his dr u expect him to be in the grounds at least. there was obviously an issue with money.all that blatently contridicts the lawsuit and AEG obsession with having him as mjs dr. there was no contract between murray and AEG and they certainly didnt seem to want on board let alone working for them directly.there was only a contract signed by murray on the 24th june for the london shows.

hows that got anything to do with AEG. it seems that some fans are so desperate to see AEG pay they are prepaired to take blame away from murray. we all wish mjj turned down the offers. i wish the millenium dome as it was originary called was never built. thenthe 02 arena would never excist.AEG never bought it out AEG never excisted. then mj would still be here. but at the end of the day this comes down to murray and no one else. he had done his job properly then we would be none the wiser the shows would be over and that would be it. but he didnt do his job properly and that was by his choice and stupidity and no one elses.no one made him sit on that phone for 45 mins. no one else made him change his story several times and tried to cover it up. thats why hes the one on trial in a criminal court

It doesn't! It solely lays on Murray period! Can you point me to the evidence where there is NO contract with AED and Murray please?

I am NOT rooting for MURRAY or AEG ,Jermaine or Randy but regardless, the murder charge I feel should be murder 2. Maybe Ivy can respond to this regarding the children. Here in the US, children being harmed in anyway is a felony!

a charge in relation to child neglect/abuse cruelty was taked about in documents made by the police. but thats as far as it went. it was presumed that was in relation to what the kids did or didnt see. but if htey arent gonna push it up to murder 2 based on other things such as gross disregard they arent gonna do it cause he called prince upstairs.

its well documented there was no contract re murray and AEG for the shows. one was written out but got revised alot. murray eventually signed his contract on june 24th the contract wasnt signed by either mj or AEG upto the 25th. ivy posted the info in this thread on one of the pages.

I don't like that they are suing Kenny Ortega. Why is he included? Anyway I think this comes at the wrong time before the criminal trial against Murray. I think this can really hurt the murder trial and do damage to MJ's legacy. What I'm thinking is; would MJ let a doctor he didn't know and who was hired by AEG get so close to him? I don't think so.

The written contract wasn't signed but there was clear intention that he was to be hired otherwise a contract woldn't have been drawn up. There wold also be a verbal contract prior to the written one surely? The email about the equipment is additional proof of the intention.

Last edited:

I am NOT rooting for MURRAY or AEG ,Jermaine or Randy but regardless, the murder charge I feel should be murder 2. Maybe Ivy can respond to this regarding the children. Here in the US, children being harmed in anyway is a felony!

Calling a child to watch him see his dead father get cpr is horrible but i don't think that is enough to up the charges.

The children weren't harmed at least not physically, I think the case should be 2nd degree murder also but not because Prince was called but because Murray according to himself had been giving Michael propofol for weeks and all the time he didn't have the proper equipment and then he delayed caling for help when he saw Michael in distress.

The written contract wasn't signed but there was clear intention that he was to be hired otherwise a contract woldn't have been drawn up. There wold also be a verbal contract prior to the written one surely?

yes the plan was for him to be hired for the shows by AEG. but it seems there were issues due to the money he was asking for. thats why the contract seemed to be revised alot. he was already working for mj on a personal level.

The written contract wasn't signed but there was clear intention that he was to be hired otherwise a contract woldn't have been drawn up. There wold also be a verbal contract prior to the written one surely? The email about the equipment is additional proof of the intention.

Even if AEG had clear intention to hire, Murray was still not hired by AEG. So he was not one of their employees when he killed Michael.

Even if there was a verbal contract, that became moot the moment a written contract was made. That written contract replaced any oral agreement and that is what the courts will look at. The emails does not mean anything since Murray is the one who sent them. That is like you or me sending an email about what kind of office we want before the job we applied for decided to hire us or not.

Since Murray was not hired, AEG was within it legal right to turned down Murray's request. A written contract is what a judge will look for, not emails. It has also never been debated that AEG and Michael were going to hire Murray, but they never did. We can only guess at the reasons at this point, but this suit is dead in the waters without a legally binding contract.

I found this::(

http://www.sciencedirect.com

Sorry the link doesn't show, however I was able to copy and past some part of it here for all to see in regard to the children.

Last edited:

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:
I wonder what Michael would think of this!!!!!
:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

The children weren't harmed at least not physically

The children were harmed.:(

- Does this case negatively affect the criminal case against Murray?

I personally do not think so. A defense of "I asked AEG for the equipment but they didn't give it to me yet I continued to give the drugs" will not help Murray. It would show more recklessness on Murray's part - knowing that he needed the equipment but yet continued to administer drugs. I still expect a "blame the victim" defense rather than "point the finger to AEG" defense.

- Nurse Lee's statement

Yes one part of her statement (body half hot half cold) seems to support a after June 18 negative effect of Murray's treatment like the lawsuit alleges but another part of her statement (that Michael asked her propofol) discredits the one that AEG controlled and dictated Michael's medical treatment.

- children witnessing the events and murder 2 charges

it's not related at all. even if there was a crime,it would be another separate charge. it's definitely an unfortunate and emotionally disturbing event that Prince had to witness it but you need to consider the conditions. By all accounts we know that only a limited people were allowed to go upstairs. According to Murray's statement he called the security but they didn't respond. He called Prince to get the security upstairs. If all of these are true you can see that it wasn't done to intentionally torment or harm Prince but it was a necessary evil to get help for Michael.

- Will AEG settle?

sure a lot of companies settle for many reasons and it doesn't show wrongdoing on their part but the public perception is that whenever someone settles they must be guilty. We experienced this firsthand from Michael in the 1993 settlement. How many times did we say it was his insurance company that setlled, he didn't admit to any wrongdoing and the criminal case option was still available but yet someone from public would respond by saying "but he settled"..

anyway in my opinion this is a way too high profile case to settle. Unless the opposite side (Jacksons) has too damning evidence (that we don't know) that AEG doesn't want to become public during a trial, I personally do not expect a settlement coming from AEG. If you consider from PR perspective them being known as the company that contributed to Michael's death and/or as a company that controls/ takes advantage of / over works/ threatens their artists would be worse than them being sued.

By looking to their statement and the wording of "meritless" I almost expect them to argue to get the case thrown out based on the contract issue - very similar to All Good Case.

With the email communications and intent to hire and Murray's providing services I think there would be enough to establish an oral agreement between AEG and Murray. However if what AEG says is true and Murray's hiring was contingent upon Michael's signature then most probably the agreement would not hold.

"inaccurate, unsubstantiated" part of their statement kinda signals they are claiming hearsay coming from witnesses with no solid evidence.

Even the contract is found legally binding then Then you'd have the argument of "Michael knew and asked for Murray" (which AEG already mentioned in their press statement) versus "AEG hired Murray".

plus there's the issue of what AEG knew and what they ordered.

For example in the lawsuit (Pg 7 item 38)
"AEG told Murray that he had to make sure that Jackson got to rehearsals" but what does this mean? Did they ask or ordered Murray to give him dangerous drugs without the necessary equipment or it was a general statement and left the course of treatment to Murray?

Then you have "AEG knew or should have known that Murray was nightly administering sleep remedies to Jackson but yet failed to provide them (safety equipment and the nurse)" (Pg 8 item 42) , but did they know it (btw this statement is too vague and actually just an assumption) or did they have no idea ?

Too many questions are unanswered.

Last edited:

With all this AEG stuff flying around I can't even watch TII in peace. When I watch it now, all I think of is the pain he was going through in those rehearsals. Was he just putting on a mask for us? For everyone? Was he trying to make it seem like everything was okay, but in reality it wasn't? Awww Mike :cry:
As much as it pains me to accept this, (after reading this lawsuit) I think his smiles and laughs in that footage weren't real. How could he be genuinely happy with all this crap around him & those leaches threatening him?

Still hurts like heck. I miss you MJ :(.

He is happy because he was happy. Let me ask some of you a question and give me an honest answer. Why would AEG do the things Mrs Jackson is saying they did?

He is happy because he was happy. Let me ask some of you a question and give me an honest answer. Why would AEG do the things Mrs Jackson is saying they did?

I dunno. To me, is some of what she is saying is hersay, then why would the attorney fill it anyway.
I am wondering if she has some documentation from LAPD and is holding on until trail starts for Murrary.
I never read Joe's suit because of Oxman's inemptness. So, we have to wait and see what happeneds. There has so be more than we know happened that day.
I haven't even considered KF or the TINIT's content.

As far as the document being filed and being heard, we have to see wheither it has or not has any merit.

Last edited:

So you don't support this lawsuit?

The Jackson family seems like they're all agreeing on this one. No contradicting tweets from anyone so far.

This might be it...the truth we've all been waiting for..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back