Keep Your Head Up( from the new album)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Earth Song adlibs at the end... they're literally raping the man's legacy in front of our eyes. It's an absolute horror show!

Maybe they could get a random back singer to add the ad-libs at the end? oh no people would moan if they did that. Sony cant win with some people, release a raw demo people will moan....make a song releasable to the genral public people moan.

Having witnessed the last week a lot of fan's have been more of a disgrace than Sony.

Why are people cant be sure about Cascios songs? Why we could be sure about Much too soon quickly? Clearly there is something wrong about them. I dont think it is fake but idk i feel something wrong...

Completely agree with this. :yes:

Maybe they could get a random back singer to add the ad-libs at the end? oh no people would moan if they did that. Sony cant win with some people, release a raw demo people will moan....make a song releasable to the genral public people moan.

Having witnessed the last week a lot of fan's have been more of a disgrace than Sony.

how about they just leave it out?

instead of adding adlibs from a 15 year old song randomly shouting 'what about africa?' on a song about a woman who is down.

how some of you can't see this is not the perfectionism Michael would have wanted is beyond me.
truly tragic.

Cut the crap. If you believe that's Michael, good for you. You've had your say now I'll have mine.

There's absolutely no way in the world that this is Michael Jackson on this track - as was the case with Breaking News. That they've then attached adlibs from one of Michael's most cherished records, without any guile or subtlety, is completely horrifying.

If they get away with fooling the public with this nonsense then suddenly 'vaults and vaults and vaults' of 'Michael Jackson' songs will be available to them.

Complete and utter disgrace.

instead of adding adlibs from a 15 year old song randomly shouting 'what about africa?' on a song about a woman who is down.

how some of you can't see this is not the perfectionism Michael would have wanted is beyond me.
truly tragic.

They are messin' with us big time.

I tried to figure out the lyrics for this one. I think I got all the verses right, but the ad libs were tough.

SAW SASHA01'S LYRICS AND TRIED TO MELT IT TOGETHER WITH MINE FOR THE RIGHT LYRICS
Thanks for your great work, Sasha! :D

Update with corrections, guys :D

:wild: :wild: :wild: :wild:

Keep Your Head Up

Sung by Michael Jackson (I darn hope, lol!)

01. She's looking for a job and to find a place to stay
She's looking for the hope in the empty promises
She's working two jobs, keeping alive
She works in a restaurant night and day
She waits her life away
She wipes the tears away

She cries inside every time she feels this way
And she's dying inside every time her baby cries
No

Keeping your head up to the sky
Keeping your mind up, stay alive
Give me your wings so we can fly
(Keep your head up tonight)
Oh we can just rise up, tell me now

02. Killing up the life in the birds and the trees
And we're sucking up the air in the earth from underneath
(It's never too late) I can't even breath
(To see) I can't even see
(Oh keep) Keep your head up, don't give up today
How long can we wait
I wish that love could come today

All you need is love
Tell you, I know it's coming soon
And all you need is just a moment wanna do
Keep your head up

(Keep your head up tonight)

Everybody's saying that time is borrowed
And hanging down your head just ain't no good
And if you dare to rise above tomorrow (Give it a chance)
Just give yourself a chance
Find the circumstance
Rise and do it again (Rise again)

(Keep your head up)

(Keep your head up)

Last part is a direct copy from Sasha01

[Keep your head up!]
What about Africans?
What about Africans?
(Those stars gonna rise (gonna rise) today! Today!)

[Keep your head up!]
What about all their joy?
What about Africans? (Oh~)
(Gonna shine, must fly, gonna rise (gonna rise) today! Today!)

[Keep your head up!]
What about Africans?
What about Africans?
(Those stars gonna rise (gonna rise) today! Today!)

[Keep your head up!]
What about yesterday?
(Gonna shine, must fly, gonna rise (gonna rise) today! Today!)

Keep your head up!
Those stars gonna rise (gonna rise) today! (Today)
Gonna shine, must fly, gonna rise (gonna rise) today! (Today)
(Oh~)

Keep your head up!
Those stars gonna rise (gonna rise) today! (Today)
(I needed you then, I needed you now, I needed you night right through the day,
I needed you now)
Gonna shine, must fly, gonna rise (gonna rise) today! (Today)
(Oh~)

Keep your head up!

HALLELU'! :clapping:

look here...

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98057

truly tragic.

You see I actually agree that it should have been left off as it does not fit.

What a lot of people are forgetting is that not everything left behind was in a releasable state. So producer's etc are going to have to finish it to make it releasable. All the best stuff wont be on the first CD as there is a 7 album deal (this being album number 2).

I went in to this fully expecting stuff to have been changed to make it releasable. The sad fact is that having paid $250m they will want to make there money back and releasing raw demo's that only the hardcore fan's would want will not make there money back.

Also the Sony stuff simply has to stop, they distrabute the music the estate wants to release yes Sony and the Estate come up with the ideas but anything released has to be given the go ahead from the Estate at the end of the day.

This album was never and will never be a true reflection of what Michael wanted to release and if you think otherwise you should have been more realistic about your aspirations for it. We are getting a glipse of stuff he left for that I will be happy but it will never be a true Michael Jackson album.

better lyrics

Keep your head up

She's looking for job and a finer place to stay
She's looking for the hope and a empty promises
She's working two jobs keeping the line
She works in a restaurant night and day
She waits a life away
She wipes the tears away
She cries inside, everytime she feels this way
And she is dying inside evrytime her baby cries
(Noo)

Keeping your mind of stay alive
[Keep your head up tonight]
We can just rise up, tell me now

Killing up the life in the birds and the trees
And we're sucking up the air in the earth from under me [it's never to late]
I can even breathe [to see]
I can even see [to keep]
Keep up your head up, don't give up today
How long can we wait
I wish the Love would come today

All i need is love
Tell you i know its coming soon
And all you need is just a moment what you do
Keep your head up

Keeping your mind of stay alive (stay alive)
Give me your wings so we can fly (fly away, fly away)
[Keep your head up tonight] (fly away)
We can just rise up, tell me now
Give me your wings so we can fly (Oh why)

Everybody say the time is borrowed
And hanging down your head just ain't no good
And if you dare to rise above tomorrow [chance]
Just give yourself a chance
fight the circumstance [fight the circumstance]
Rising through again

Keeping your head up to the sky (Hoo why, Hoo why)
Keeping your mind of stay alive (Hoo, Hoo)
Give me your wings so we can fly (Yeah)
Keeping your head up to the sky (Hoo-Hoo-Hoo)
We can just rise up, tell me now (Hoo, Hoo)

(I need you then, I needed you now, I need you night right through the day)
[Keep your head up]
Keeping your mind of stay alive (I needed you now)
Give me your wings so we can fly (Hoo, Hoo) (Yeah)
(I needed you then, I need you now, I need you night right through the day)
[Keep your head up]
We can just rise up, tell me now (I need you now)
Give me your wings so we can fly (Hoo, Hoo, Hoo)

Ad-libs
What about yesterday? [Keep your head up]
What about yesterday? [Those stars gonna rise (gonna rise) today, today]
What about all their joy? [Keep your head up]
[Gonna shine, must fly, gonna rise (gonna rise) today, today]
What about yesterday? (Hoo-Hoo-Hoo)

What about yesterday? [Keep your head up]
What about yesterday? [Those stars gonna rise (gonna rise) today, today]
What about yesterday?

[Keep your head up]
[Those stars gonna rise (gonna rise) today, today]
(Hoo-Hoo-Hoo)

[Keep your head up]
(I needed you then, I needed you now, I needed you night right through the day)
[Those stars gonna rise (gonna rise) today, today]
(I needed you now)
(Hoo-Hoo-Hoo)

[Keep your head up]

I've finally had to come out of my lurking mode to say something here. We could all do with some common sense. Everybody obviously has opinions but some of the stuff i have been reading on this board in the last few days has had me pulling my hair out.

Guys, we probably WON'T be getting any tracks completely finished and blessed by Michael. Why is that so hard to understand?
I am surprised to read "Fake, coz earth song is in it!" or "Fake, coz "whoo" is from YRMW". Of course there is going to be a LOT of cut and paste jobs to make the songs presentable for the mass public. So sampling can't really be avoided here. Whether it's tasteful or not is another question. I personally don't like the sample from "ES" in "Keep your head up" and i wish they'd replace those adlibs with something else.

Another thing you should realize is that the power of suggestion is stronger than we think. Even though we might try and approach something with an open mind we might still have preconceived notions about it. I concede that i listened to "Breaking News" more intently and more critically than i listened to "Invincible" because i already suspected foul play and the same goes for "Keep your head up". Because Michael is no longer here we are gonna suspect everything that is even the slightest bit different to what Michael normally did. I can bet that if "Shout" was to be released today a vast majority would go "What is that? Mike has never sung like that before. Can't be him. The bridge sounds like him but the rest is an imposter". But we didn't do that coz we knew Mike was there and he wouldn't let that happen. We don't have that guarantee now so it's understandable if everybody is a little apprehensive about anything unusual from Mike. We don't know what Mike's vault has. As far as we know he was working on Classical music as well as lots of other stuff we don't know about.
I hate the fact that people say it can't be Michael on "Breaking News" coz he is referring to himself in the third person. Well, their is always a first time. I still have my doubts about "Breaking news" but it's because of how his voice has been manipulated.
Oh and "Keep your head up" is pure gold. Just my opinion.

Sorry for the long post. Just had to let that out.

Cut the crap. If you believe that's Michael, good for you. You've had your say now I'll have mine.

There's absolutely no way in the world that this is Michael Jackson on this track - as was the case with Breaking News. That they've then attached adlibs from one of Michael's most cherished records, without any guile or subtlety, is completely horrifying.

If they get away with fooling the public with this nonsense then suddenly 'vaults and vaults and vaults' of 'Michael Jackson' songs will be available to them.

Complete and utter disgrace.

So which song do you believe is him?

Power of suggestion? Or the fact that Breaking News and this new pile of crap sound nothing like Michael Jackson. It's got nothing to with the power of suggestion and nothing to do with the adlibs that are tagged on. The vocalist doesn't sound like a black, soul, trained vocalist. And that's obvious to anyone who wants to hear it. Michael's voice came naturally to him. Listen to 'Don't Walk Away' - his voice has aged and is coarser than it used to be but the skill is still there, you never lose the skill just the ability to use it.

This vocalist doesn't sound ANYTHING like the black, soulful voice on 'Don't Walk Away'. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic!

[Keep your head up!]
What about Africans?
What about Africans?

:D

I know this isn't funny, but me and my best friend almost died from laughter when we heard that part of the song. It's so random lol, he sings about depressed woman and then sudenly you hear: What about Africans? LOL, this is so stupid...

So which song do you believe is him?

Neither Breaking News or Keep Your Head Up are him. And nor is Monster.

There's a reason that these tracks have leaked or have been used for the teaser. Why didn't they use 'Another Day' as the teaser? A song that EVERYONE KNOWS is sung by Michael Jackson? They used Breaking News so that they can see what they can get away with. If they get away with it, then 'vaults and vaults' of 'Michael Jackson' material opens up to them.

Why are the only tracks on the album that were recorded post-MJ leaving Sony dubious? Why are the tracks recorded while he was with Sony not dubious? Thr only song that isn't dubious, post-MJ leaving Sony, is Hold My Hand - and that's because they probably struck a deal with Universal records (Akon's label).

Power of suggestion? Or the fact that Breaking News and this new pile of crap sound nothing like Michael Jackson. It's got nothing to with the power of suggestion and nothing to do with the adlibs that are tagged on. The vocalist doesn't sound like a black, soul, trained vocalist. And that's obvious to anyone who wants to hear it. Michael's voice came naturally to him. Listen to 'Don't Walk Away' - his voice has aged and is coarser than it used to be but the skill is still there, you never lose the skill just the ability to use it.

This vocalist doesn't sound ANYTHING like the black, soulful voice on 'Don't Walk Away'. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic!

"Don't Walk Away" was a fully polished finished product. For all we know "Keep your head up" might have been a first run or a second run or a third run. Just see how Michael recorded his parts for "We are the World". He did multiple takes till he got it absolutely right.As i said before, don't expect the same vocal quality as the finished songs coz we have no idea what state the songs were in when they were worked on by the current producers.

I'm sorry but SAMHABIB....Are you slow? seriously are you? because this is so obviously MJ it's not even funny.

And you are who exactly? If admin don't ban you for that comment then it's a disgrace. Learn some manners.

lol I really want those who are STILL claiming this is not MJ to tell me what the hell is the difference between the voice on HMH, OMC, and YANA and the voice on KYHU???

Please come with some sense and not some "one is an imposter and the others aren't" BS...I want you to convince me lol.

3t done started some fucking MESS.

What if "Blood on the dance floor" were to be released today? :D
That would have caused a ruckus.
We all know how colorful Mike's voice was and how different he could be from one song to another yet we refuse to believe that he could have tried something new with his voice for any of the new recordings.

And you are who exactly? If admin don't ban you for that comment then it's a disgrace. Learn some manners.

To be honest you are very rude so you can hardly talk, create a constructive reason as to why it is not MJ rather than childish conspiracy theory's and throwing your toy's out of your pram like a baby if people don't agree with you.

OK, I'll give this a try, in terms of the themes of KYHU. It begins with a woman who faces difficult circumstances as an individual. "Keep your head up" is about digging deeply and finding courage to face life's challenges. But then, he sings about "can't breathe/can't see," and "sucking up the air." This part is about the larger challenges that affect ALL people -- specifically, the destruction of the rain-forest literally is diminishing the level of oxygen on earth. THAT is what is "sucking up the air." I see that as the link with Earth Song. (others may interpret differently, and that's ok)

It's clear that the song was intended to build and build, like Man in the Mirror, and Earth Song, to a crescendo at the end. But it wasn't FINISHED. I think that using the ES clips was a credible attempt to finish the song as closely as possible --given the available material -- to what Michael might have wanted? It has the ecology theme, and the crescendo . . .. .

NONE of the new songs will be finished/polished. They will not be what we're used to, in that respect. Some of you think that it's not him. That's your right, to think that. What is NOT your right is to attack others, personally, because they think differently. That is not what Michael was all about . . his message was about PEACE, and respect for all people.

It's just very unfortunate that instead of the MUSIC, so many are going around-and-around about authenticity. In KYHU, I hear MICHAEL'S voice, in a more raw version than we are used to, and I identify his voice after literally decades of listening to his music. If you hear differently, that's fine and is your own take on it. Believing one thing, or another thing, is not a character flaw! It's just... different.

If Michael's own fans can't get along, then who in the world CAN?

Peace?

Well, im sure as hell hope i'm not sick, but anyway i dont believe its him. MJ got such characteristic voice. I dont hear that. They did a good job on it though. And abot the song, i dont like it. I dont like BN and the same goes for a lot of those snippets. Hold my hand is great though. Im not deliberately destroying the album if thats what you think. Im just giving you my opinon like we all do. Maybe you can convince me that its him.

The worst part is that if this album fails because of fans not buying it and the media has a field day with it then there is gonna be a group of people who'd regret their decision not to buy it in about 5 years time when it becomes clear that the tracks were actually MJ all the way.

On the other hand, if it turns out after 5 years that it wasn't actually MJ then a large group of people would say "Ah well, that's my paltry 10 dollars down the drain".

You decide which group you'd like to be in :)

geez dont even get me started
its not the same person singing on HMH and keep ur head up. HMH = michael jackson. keep ur head up = some desperat voice alike
try and listen to speechless then listen to this crap song.
keep ur head up, breaking news & monster are fake. all cascio tracks. are you really that stupid and naive? -.-

I really want to say so many bad words to u right now ... U are pathetic .. thats what u are. I cant say yr listen to mj often .... not a fan just a hater... that wants to destroy what we all have been looking forward to for 9 years .. its MJ on all ****ing tracks.

The worst part is that if this album fails because of fans not buying it and the media has a field day with it then there is gonna be a group of people who'd regret their decision not to buy it in about 5 years time when it becomes clear that the tracks were actually MJ all the way.

On the other hand, if it turns out after 5 years that it wasn't actually MJ then a large group of people would say "Ah well, that's my paltry 10 dollars down the drain".

You decide which group you'd like to be in :)

i'm not buying album when its not even michael singing. when i buy a michael jackson album, i expect i get michael jackson singing... is that too much to ask for? i am not supporting sony and the estate in this. they're ruining his legacy. they have to know they cant get away with doing this! i dont get why fans support them. poor Michael is hammering on the gates of heaven right now. this whole situation makes me sick to my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back