Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate Thread (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

Thank you Bumper I'll leave this by that. I am not good enough in english.

Not to criticize you, it's my problem : I get very much info at a time but still rather "general" to my understanding, it goes too fast for me (english) and it would take too much time to analyse and answer every line I read! But thank you.
Some things I agree and some I don't agree with, but it doesn't matter. I came here to learn more, and of course there are also things I already learned ;). But no problem though.
Other members will be more lucky.

I thought I would have liked to study this linguistic side together here but I am afraid it is not going to happen. I'll make my observations on my own then, it's fine for me.
Thank you anyway!

He was a genius vocalist. Simple as that. Even days before death, he was still a fantastic vocalist - listen to his performances of Human Nature, IJCSLY and I'll Be There on TII. In particular, I'll Be There where he effortlessly hits the falsetto - 'if youuuu should ever find someone knew...'

Will.I.Am was dead right, he still sang like a bird.

Actually, his performance of IJCSLY in TII has become my favourite performance of that song, vocally....It's incredible...Human Nature was done spectacularly as well....This kinda stuff doesn't change...

Genius vocalist. Just genius. Love that man forever... the most distinctive voice in the history of popular music...

[YOUTUBE]I2PijZXw-lo[/YOUTUBE]

....the most distinctive......hmmm.....I know that, and you know that...but.....

It's true. Human Nature in TII is just a master piece.
However... I think that, in time, he was having more and more trouble to perform the faster songs, the more aggressive ones.
Casually enough, the playback (lip synched) performances happened mostly on those fast-paced songs. Not just on TII but on every Show.

Actually, his performance of IJCSLY in TII has become my favourite performance of that song, vocally....It's incredible...

Absolutely. Every MJ trademark - the beautiful angelic vocals... the breathy effect... the curls at the end of the lines... the extension of each line.... THAT is a vocalist who has been a professional for the best part of his 50 years. He completely shows up the professionally trained Judith Hill. Literally blows her off the stage.

Absolutely. Every MJ trademark - the beautiful angelic vocals... the breathy effect... the curls at the end of the lines... the extension of each line.... THAT is a vocalist who has been a professional for the best part of his 50 years. He completely shows up the professionally trained Judith Hill. Literally blows her off the stage.

The ad libs at the end of the song.....He's throwing his body back with the emotion...What a performance! And, the angelic, echoey note he hits right before he sings..right after he talks about whether there's more echo or not...That's from up above....

So, in saying that....Does that sound anything like Keep Your Head Up?

So, in saying that....Does that sound anything like Keep Your Head Up?

Sounds absolutely nothing like Keep Your Head Up. Bear in mind that he's not even in a studio during the IJCSLY video. So the excuse regarding the Cascio's poor quality studio is completely redundant. He also, apparently, recorded his portion of WBSS 2008 there. On which he sounds exactly as he always did.

Funny that.

Sounds absolutely nothing like Keep Your Head Up. Bear in mind that he's not even in a studio during the IJCSLY video. So the excuse regarding the Cascio's poor quality studio is completely redundant. He also, apparently, recorded his portion of WBSS 2008 there. On which he sounds exactly as he always did.

Funny that.

It seems very easy and convienient to cling onto that excuse...

Stop portraying people who don't agree with you as if they don't know what they're talking about.

I personally just think believers should stick to the theory of his voice is over processed. Presenting all of these different theories is going to come across as desperate for an excuse to some.

The idea that his voice is just processed to the point where it doesnt sound like him anymore is much more feasible than 'the quality of the equipment in the studio wasnt as high as MJ was used to, he had a cold, he recorded through a PVC pipe...' etc etc.

I personally just think believers should stick to the theory of his voice is over processed. Presenting all of these different theories is going to come across as desperate for an excuse to some.

The idea that his voice is just processed to the point where it doesnt sound like him anymore is much more feasible than 'the quality of the equipment in the studio wasnt as high as MJ was used to, he had a cold, he recorded through a PVC pipe...' etc etc.
I agree with this. I'm not a believer or a disbeliever, but just a doubter who's very confused about all of this.

The vocals, if real, must be processed to the point where they sound really bad in a lot of places. What I find odd is that the vibrato doesn't necessarily sound processed, it sounds like that's really pretty much how the singer sang it.

Now, I'm thinking Mike had a lot of training up to This Is It. After 2007, and especially being in studio all throughout 2008, I'm sure his voice was getting very finely tuned. Perhaps this truly was the lowest point in his recording career?

I will say, when I first heard Breaking News, the similarity between Let Me Let Go really struck me, mostly because of the ways the vocals are mixed in the chorus. When I first heard Keep Your Head Up, I instantly felt like it was Michael Jackson singing, but when I payed closer attention to the way he ended the lines, my heart sank.

It has been quite a ride, and feels like quite the unnecessary one. I am really hoping we get some more answers. The album hasn't even been out two months yet. This is very frustrating to me.

Yes, the more I hear this song, the less I feel like the majority of it is Michael. Just certain pronunciations don't sound right. And, the vibrato has never been right, of course. It's a pretty song, but....

He was a genius vocalist. Simple as that. Even days before death, he was still a fantastic vocalist - listen to his performances of Human Nature, IJCSLY and I'll Be There on TII. In particular, I'll Be There where he effortlessly hits the falsetto - 'if youuuu should ever find someone knew...'

Will.I.Am was dead right, he still sang like a bird.

I remember seeing him effortlessly singing in soprano voice during a group discussion with the This Is It crew... Michael Jackson was one of the most skillful and talented vocalist. :agree:

Sam, welcome back!

Actually, his performance of IJCSLY in TII has become my favourite performance of that song, vocally....It's incredible...Human Nature was done spectacularly as well....This kinda stuff doesn't change...

IJCSLY and Human Nature in TII are also my favorite performance. The way he rehearsed IJCSLY with Judith is mesmerizing. :wub:

Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate (Cascio Controversy Thread)

Absolutely disgusting

^ Actually, not disgusting, Stay is a beautiful song.

That would be Michael Jackson.

The audio. Not the video.

Yes, because that man's beauty is instantly recognizable...Can't say the same for the voice in this one...

Both the man and the song are beautiful. :)

Anyways, I do notice the obvious similarities between Keep Your Head Up and Stay, and I like that. :D

I can't believe people honestly think that that I'd Michael Jackson singing. I even try to visualize him singing the song and the voice just doesn't match the face.

The song is BORING

Stay does not sound like a 40 something year old MICHAEL JACKSON. Come on guys LISTEN with your ears for gods sake.

It's the sound of some kid who has barely started to shave!

Just heard Stay for the first time.

When did Michael Jackson start sounding like Peter Andre??

:lol:

I can't believe people honestly think that that I'd Michael Jackson singing. I even try to visualize him singing the song and the voice just doesn't match the face.

I've asked the same thing. Can people actually visualise him recording this? In their mind's eye, do they see Michael Jackson recording this? Because that's the last thing that I see.

Just heard Stay for the first time.

When did Michael Jackson start sounding like Peter Andre??

2007 apparently.

But it was only temporary, his voice went back to normal for the recording of his Wanna Be Startin Somethin 2008 vocals, his high pitch scream at the end of The Girl Is Mine 2008 and Hold My Hand.

:yes:

Michael Jackson's vocal influences: Diana Ross, James Brown and Peter Andre.

Matty, your sig isn't working!!! Told you on your wall as well :p

Michael Jackson's vocal influences: Diana Ross, James Brown and Peter Andre.

Isn't Peter on that hideous mural cover image? Sandwiched between Marvin Gaye and Jackie Wilson?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back