Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate Thread (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate

keep your head up is a masterpiece just wish it was actually MJ singing this :(

The thing is... why havent sony released the rare vocal demo for KYHU2TS ?
surely if they used them to mix this track then whats the harm in hearing them ?

Frankyboy's point is that the lyrics say 'She's looking for a job' and then go on to say 'she's working two jobs'.

She either has no job, or has two of them, which is it?? It's like whoever wrote the lyrics forgot what they were writing about as they wrote them... and this is even more obvious when the subject changes to the earth and stuff. What the hell?

There is no point, it's a common occurrence in some areas, where people, not just mothers, work two or three jobs. And look for jobs while working their current ones for a better chance at maintaining their life. To think, that doesn't happen, or that the line doesn't make sense, is a bit narrow minded, I believe.

KYHU is far better than "on the line" and it's MJ who sings it (imo)

Agreed! still enjoy listening to this song than some others on the album.

loka;3184661 said:
In fact, the songs talk about several girls...

each line of the chorus is for a different girl

end of story.
That´s what I think too.

^^ Yes, fast vibrato, but completely different than the one in the Cascio songs...Michael's ALWAYS sounds natural....always....Those vibratos on the Cascio songs sound identical to Jason Malachi's on his home video - no studio trickery there...This just boggles me how it is so obvious.....In my opinion, of course...

I must admit that as much as I believe that MONSTER & BREAKING NEWS are not Michael's lead vocals, I have much more difficulties to hear if it's Michael or not on KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. The reason for this is that this song -since it is a slow song- contains no husk at all which I am sensitive to.

I am also sensitive to Michael's pronunciation and intonation. And at some part I would swear it is Michael, but at other parts I would swear it is not Michael's intonation.

The complexity of knowing if it is Michael or not resides also in the fact that the parts that I would swear it is Michael are actually easier to imitate by voice lookalikes compared to faster songs (much more difficult to imitate) such as Breaking News or Monster which contain neither Michael's husk nor Michael intonation.

2007 is a long time since 2001(Invincible), and even longer since 1992-'95(Dangerous/HIStory)

I've noticed that most voices start to change most dramatically between ages 40-60(listen to David Bowie from the 70's to now and Bryan Ferry from 1970 to now, they pronounce things differently)

When recording music, sometimes you pronounce things differently, evolve your voice, or try new things. I think that Michael may have been trying to do that with these songs, but I also think he was just trying to lay down the basic melodic outline for them. Keep in mind, Fall Again was recorded like twenty years ago, when his voice was young and magical, so that take will sound better than one recorded in 2007.

I'm not saying for sure that it's Michael on these tracks, I'm still unsure, but I don't know how you can honestly say you know how Michael Jackson pronounced things. Everyone knows, especially when you get to be as old as Michael was, your voice changes dramatically.

I mean listen to him singing in This Is It, his voice is obviously strained and he'd even been seeing a vocal coach.

2007 is a long time since 2001(Invincible), and even longer since 1992-'95(Dangerous/HIStory)

I've noticed that most voices start to change most dramatically between ages 40-60(listen to David Bowie from the 70's to now and Bryan Ferry from 1970 to now, they pronounce things differently)

When recording music, sometimes you pronounce things differently, evolve your voice, or try new things. I think that Michael may have been trying to do that with these songs, but I also think he was just trying to lay down the basic melodic outline for them. Keep in mind, Fall Again was recorded like twenty years ago, when his voice was young and magical, so that take will sound better than one recorded in 2007.

I'm not saying for sure that it's Michael on these tracks, I'm still unsure, but I don't know how you can honestly say you know how Michael Jackson pronounced things. Everyone knows, especially when you get to be as old as Michael was, your voice changes dramatically.

I mean listen to him singing in This Is It, his voice is obviously strained and he'd even been seeing a vocal coach.

But the voice sounds younger, not older....

On Hollwyood Tonight tonight the vocals sound more mature than previous MJ songs.

^ MJ's vocals on Best Of Joy sound very young. And that was his last song he ever recorded.

^ MJ's vocals on Best Of Joy sound very young. And that was his last song he ever recorded.

Right, but the poster I quoted was making the point that his voice had matured. To which I replied stating that the vocals actually sound younger on Keep Your Head Up. To me at least.

His vocals do sound better in Best of Joy, but being recorded in 2009, I wonder how much training he'd had on his voice in preparation for This Is It.

I think he sounds young throughout the entire album, but that's just how his voice sounds, being so high and all.

Does anyone know the choir that was used in the end of this song?

Michael's voice did mature. But never to an unrecognizable extent.

Michael could sing lower back in the 80s, he just opted not to.

Listen to the parts of "Get on the floor" starting at 3.00 and the ending of the song on "Off the wall" album.
Also the songs "Rock with you" and "Off the wall" are sung with quite a lower and warmer voice.

Then, in "Wanna be startin' somethin' " there are parts where he goes lower in the song. "Human nature" is also sung in a warmer tone.

And the most striking I would say is the vocals on "Get It", the duet with Steve Wonder. Not to mention the beginning of "Speed Demon", "Why you wanna trip on me", "Can't let her get away" etc.

He could always sing deeper if he wanted to. It didn't change that much. Likewise he could also sing very high, as much as when he was younger such as on "Don't stop till you get enough", "She's out of my life", "Lady in my life", "I just can't stop loving you", "Gone too soon", "Strangere in Moscow", "Speechless", "Best of joy", etc.

So the maturing argument really cannot be taken seriously, Michael was able to sing lower or higer any time, any place even in the Cascio's studio, but the Cascio's songs just don't sound Michael!

Michael's voice did mature. But never to an unrecognizable extent.

Michael could sing lower back in the 80s, he just opted not to.

Listen to the parts of "Get on the floor" starting at 3.00 and the ending of the song on "Off the wall" album.
Also the songs "Rock with you" and "Off the wall" are sung with quite a lower and warmer voice.

Then, in "Wanna be startin' somethin' " there are parts where he goes lower in the song. "Human nature" is also sung in a warmer tone.

And the most striking I would say is the vocals on "Get It", the duet with Steve Wonder. Not to mention the beginning of "Speed Demon", "Why you wanna trip on me", "Can't let her get away" etc.

He could always sing deeper if he wanted to. It didn't change that much. Likewise he could also sing very high, as much as when he was younger such as on "Don't stop till you get enough", "She's out of my life", "Lady in my life", "I just can't stop loving you", "Gone too soon", "Strangere in Moscow", "Speechless", "Best of joy", etc.

So the maturing argument really cannot be taken seriously, Michael was able to sing lower or higer any time, any place even in the Cascio's studio, but the Cascio's songs just don't sound Michael!

Butterflies is another awesome example of his deep voice, and Dangerous verses and even parts of Blue Gangsta. But I agree, Cascio tracks are not MJ sounding, that horrible vibrato and manipulation of the vocals is not Mj at all. Probably Breaking News was a great try and sounding like MJ, but still if you listen very closely, still not much MJ there.

In "Breaking news" and the other Cascio´s tracks i can only heard the voice of Jason Malachi plus little adlibs from older songs.

"Da,da,da" & "Hee,Hee" from the "a capella" version of "You rock my world".

"On the line" adlibs on "Monster".

etc...

Grrr, people keep talking about a horrible vibrato, while it's almost the same as the one in We are the world 2006 where he sings.

this would be real painful when it turns out that it really is michael ... saying he sings like a goat or horrible

Wish Jason Malachi would just come out and tell the bloody truth, isn't he a member on here, must have got paid a hunk of money to keep quiet?

I don't know wheter it's MJ on KYHU... but kinda sounds mostly like him, out of the three tracks... is it just me?

I don't know wheter it's MJ on KYHU... but kinda sounds mostly like him, out of the three tracks... is it just me?
I agree. KYHU is the closest sounding to MJ of the three.

No way is KYHU Michael. I actually laughed the first time I heard it because it sound NOTHING like him. If for some reason that is Michael, he would be livid because he sounds horrible! When Michael sings, everything just flows. This song is so shakey and choppy. We have all heard Michael sing acappella randomly in interviews and has he ever sounded like that? Nope.

I always skip BN, KYHU and Monster when I listen to the new album. I didnt even add those songs on my ipod. I also believe even more that those songs are not him because Best Of Joy was recorded in 09 and sounds like the flawless Michael we have always known.

But hey, if you wanna believe its Michael that is ok. I just cant for the life of me hear him!

So we have non-believers who think KYHU, is the most convincing, while at the same time, other non-believers think it's the worst? And yet you're all confident that it's the same person singing on these songs? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back