Kobe Bryant is working with Nike to produce MJ

Dtwmjj

Proud Member
kobe.jpg

Nick Young debuted the Kobe 9 high-tops last month in a game against the Miami Heat. Since then, other NBA players such as J.R. Smith and Amar’e Stoudemire have been seen sporting the kicks, too.

Kobe Byrant has called Michael a “mentor” in the past and was clearly influential in the Black Mamba’s development as a player and a man. In fact, Bryant was so close to Michael that he and Magic Johnson spoke at The King of Pop’s funeral in 2009.

Bryant will also release an Air Jordan-inspired shoe, according to McMenamin.

Kobe said there is a Michael Jackson inspired Kobe 9 to come as well as an elephant print Air Jordan III-inspired colour way also.

So, in short, Bryant is going to pay tribute to the two MJ’s with special edition shoes.

What do you think the Michael Jackson shoes will look like? Black and white to pay tribute to one of Michael’s hits? Or sparkly to give a nod to Michael’s fashion?

Source: lakerholicz.com

awesome, might just buy these.. did Michael release his own fashioned shoes other than L.A gear? they're truly hard to get...

I would love a MJ themed tennis Shoe... I know MJ had written plans to have a Nike deal himself in 2009... Ah, I wish we could have seen the success of the TII shows. :/

Nike Kobe 9 Elite Low – “Hyper Grape/Michael Jackson”

Officially known as the “Hyper Grape”, the new Nike Kobe 9 Elite Low took on the name “Michael Jackson” since the late King of Pop was one of the original inspiration behind the design. With its combination of Flyknit upper and Flywire dynamic fit, the new Nike Kobe 9 Elite Low is as formidable on the court as its high-top counterpart. Featuring a moonscape imprint underneath a translucent outsole, an homage to Jackson’s “Moonwalk” dance move, this low version of the Nike Kobe 9 Elite is an option what many b-ballers are looking for. The Nike Kobe 9 Elite Low “Hyper Grape/Michael Jackson” will be available at select Nike Basketball retailers starting on Saturday, July 12th.

Release Date: July 12, 2014 (Saturday)

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape-michael-jackson-02-570x450.jpg

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape-michael-jackson-03.jpg

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape-michael-jackson-05.jpg

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape-michael-jackson-10-570x380.jpg

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape-michael-jackson-11.jpg

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2014/06/03/nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape/

Umm... Did he mean Prince? Nothing resembles anything to Michael in this shoe.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk')); Post by Bee.WEBZINE.

I'm a huge Nike fan and was waiting for these, but I fail to see any MJ inspiration in this design lol

Purple. Throwback to MJ's LA Gear days ....? Lol

I had white, pink. & purple LA Gear back in the day

Last edited:
where is the moonwalk?

Lol, ain't one. If you read the article they said that it features a "moonscape imprint", in homage to Michael's moonwalk. Basically it's just a print of the moon at the bottom of a gummy sole, to simulate "Moonwalkin'"..Lulz @ these shoes.

Xtarlight and Mpenziwe;4016804 said:
Nike Kobe 9 Elite Low – “Hyper Grape/Michael Jackson”

Officially known as the “Hyper Grape”, the new Nike Kobe 9 Elite Low took on the name “Michael Jackson” since the late King of Pop was one of the original inspiration behind the design. With its combination of Flyknit upper and Flywire dynamic fit, the new Nike Kobe 9 Elite Low is as formidable on the court as its high-top counterpart. Featuring a moonscape imprint underneath a translucent outsole, an homage to Jackson’s “Moonwalk” dance move, this low version of the Nike Kobe 9 Elite is an option what many b-ballers are looking for. The Nike Kobe 9 Elite Low “Hyper Grape/Michael Jackson” will be available at select Nike Basketball retailers starting on Saturday, July 12th.

Release Date: July 12, 2014 (Saturday)

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape-michael-jackson-02-570x450.jpg

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape-michael-jackson-03.jpg

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape-michael-jackson-05.jpg

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape-michael-jackson-10-570x380.jpg

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape-michael-jackson-11.jpg

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2014/06/03/nike-kobe-9-elite-low-hyper-grape/

Wow i have got to get a pair of these. That was nice of Kobe.

I really doubt they used that outfit as inspiration for the shoes, personally. It looks like sneaker sites just found whatever picture they could that resembled the color way and posted it. Did that picture come from Nike themselves?

alll i will say is im glad im not the only one who doesn't see the influence with michael, im sorry kobe but you failed i'd rather get some la gear

Oh .... I got all excited at the beginning of the thread , I desperately want some Michael Trainers, but not like these ones , they are a beautiful colour ...but that's it . I suppose if someone doesn't want to make a big statement but feel they have them , but I would like some that you would see and think without even knowing Wow look at those Michael Jackson trainers ,

Last edited:
They came out this past Sat. I tried on a pair, they were pretty comfy, but even in person I still fail to see any homage to MJ other than the moonscape on the sole which is pretty cool, but unless you are holding it right in front of you it just looks like dirt. When I asked the sales guy if they had the new Kobe 9's because they weren't on display, he told me they were inspired by MJ, and became pretty excited that I knew it, he said he keeps telling everyone but nobody believes him lol

There are also Kobe Moonwalk socks as well
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/k...w-basketball-socks/pid-10204510/pgid-10119135
NIKE-ELITE-BASKETBALL-CREW-S-SX5002_900_B.jpg

And a t-shirt
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/kobe-moonwalk-t-shirt/pid-1490583
Kobe-Moonwalk-Mens-T-Shirt-679920_010_A.jpg

Last edited:
I see it Kobe and I love what I see thanks :D :huggy: :better:

Yeah me too Its like mystical magical Michael and I love all the intricate pattern and all the deep design and thoughts that went into it )
Love the socks :heart:
Well its deeper, I see it as a true homage to Michael when HE promoted LA gear and he chose to wear Purple that day. So maybe Kobe chose to honour him in that way ,
787464478_122233.gif

Last edited:
I want to have these! But they dont sell them in the Netherlands... :( Does anyone know where I can buy these and ship them?

Back