La Toya: Michael wouldn’t like ‘This Is It’ film

Don't dump on Latoya now. What she says is the truth. Nothing for you to feel guilty about or to blame someone else for. You have to do what you want to do.

I agree - I used to dump on LaToya - but she's really been gracious & forthcoming and most of all - GENUINE.

So I give props to La Toya (for now).

You have to do what you want to do.

Do what you want to do

There aint no rules its up to you (aint no rules its all up to you)
Its time to come alive
And party on right through the night (all right)

Gotta hide your inhibitions
Gotta let that fool loose deep inside your soul
Want to see an exhibition
Better do it now before you get to old
cause were the party people night and day
Livin crazy that's the only way

So tonight gotta leave that nine to five upon the shelf and just enjoy yourself
Cmon and groove (yeah) let the madness in the music get to you
Life aint so bad at all if you live it off the wall

Life ain't so bad at all!!!!!!

Sorry, I had a moment there with what you just wrote.

As Victoria83 says, "carry on" :cheeky:

In all fairness, I understand LaToya's point of view. I think Michael's nephew Taj said the same about the movie. I respect their opinions, but this is what I think.

Yes, Michael was a perfectionist but we didn't get a chance to see him execute the perfection he intended...not even once as he never got the chance to do ONE show which would have included all his ideas and visions and bells and whistles. And sadly, it's never going to happen now. This footage is all we have left to show us what might have been. And altho Michael would have preferred us to see it all in its final and perfected form, I doubt he planned to leave us with nothing and would begrudge us the chance to see what he had in store for us and his children. Why suppress the bits and pieces of his vision and dream becuz of something beyond all of our control...his and ours?

And with that, I, too plan to support the movie and Michael's dream (altho not in final and perfect form) and hopefully, thru my tears, I will enjoy it. It's all we have now and when I say "we", I'm referring to fans, the public AND Michael becuz he, too didn't get to have his dream realized. I for one, am going to cherish this movie regardless of how unfinished or imperfect it may be in whatever way...so there's no chance of this fan being disappointed. He, nor his perfectionism, has to worry about that.

Great post.

Do what you want to do

There aint no rules its up to you (aint no rules its all up to you)
Its time to come alive
And party on right through the night (all right)

Gotta hide your inhibitions
Gotta let that fool loose deep inside your soul
Want to see an exhibition
Better do it now before you get to old
cause were the party people night and day
Livin crazy that's the only way

So tonight gotta leave that nine to five upon the shelf and just enjoy yourself
Cmon and groove (yeah) let the madness in the music get to you
Life aint so bad at all if you live it off the wall

Life ain't so bad at all!!!!!!

Sorry, I had a moment there with what you just wrote.

As Victoria83 says, "carry on" :cheeky:

:girl_whistle:

:girl_whistle:

:hysterical:

I swear - I have to be committed to an asylum.

I know MJs lyrics from his songs almost back to back.

Then when a conversation comes up, and similar or same exact phrases come up, I drift into MJ songs.

:punk:

:hysterical:

I swear - I have to be committed to an asylum.

I know MJs lyrics from his songs almost back to back.

Then when a conversation comes up, and similar or same exact phrases come up, I drift into MJ songs.

:punk:

Weeeell, it was a nice interval in between the serious discussion.
It made me smile. :)

I guess i can see her point of view,but it is the next best thing and if somehow Michael could know that it is being done, I think he'd want us to see what he had invisioned for us

In all fairness, I understand LaToya's point of view. I think Michael's nephew Taj said the same about the movie. I respect their opinions, but this is what I think.

Yes, Michael was a perfectionist but we didn't get a chance to see him execute the perfection he intended...not even once as he never got the chance to do ONE show which would have included all his ideas and visions and bells and whistles. And sadly, it's never going to happen now. This footage is all we have left to show us what might have been. And altho Michael would have preferred us to see it all in its final and perfected form, I doubt he planned to leave us with nothing and would begrudge us the chance to see what he had in store for us and his children. Why suppress the bits and pieces of his vision and dream becuz of something beyond all of our control...his and ours?

And with that, I, too plan to support the movie and Michael's dream (altho not in final and perfect form) and hopefully, thru my tears, I will enjoy it. It's all we have now and when I say "we", I'm referring to fans, the public AND Michael becuz he, too didn't get to have his dream realized. I for one, am going to cherish this movie regardless of how unfinished or imperfect it may be in whatever way...so there's no chance of this fan being disappointed. He, nor his perfectionism, has to worry about that.
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
thank you for writing this.

OT:Latoya then must know that MJ wouldn't want her to go to the tabloids to sell his children' private business, like she has been doing for the past 3-4 months.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why she thinks that releasing a film about the rehearsals would be wrong because MJ was a perfectionist, but at the same time she is pleased with the song This Is It being released, even though it clearly isn't finished.

If MJ still here...of course he wouldnt release it. BUT! he is not here now and there will be no concert so it will be treat as the concert
for me its extremely important because....i never been to his concert ever in my life,and i supposed to be there for TII :--( and if i never get a chance to make my dream come true....TII on theatre will be more than enough and i think Michael wouldnt mind either

Whatever. I just don't trust Latoya. I respect her because she's Michael's sister, but she's a bit... ehrmm... 'out there'. :p

For many fans that have never had the chance to see Michael perform live (like myself, because my family was extremely poor--and when I finally had my own money and freedom... Michael had already taken his hiatus) this is the only thing (that comes close) that we have to look forward to. I don't think Michael would mind, knowing that there are millions of fans out there that haven't been fortunate enough to see him live. Maybe it was just meant to be his gift to us after he passed. *shrug*

if mj still here...of course he wouldnt release it. But! He is not here now and there will be no concert so it will be treat as the concert
for me its extremely important because....i never been to his concert ever in my life,and i supposed to be there for tii :--( and if i never get a chance to make my dream come true....tii on theatre will be more than enough and i think michael wouldnt mind either

Agreed and co-signed!!

I agree 100% Excellent Post Thankyou for Writing this xxx

Susannah xx

:clapping::clapping::yes:

I'm going to luv/cherish it like it's my first born (I have no kids lol).... It's the last bit of footage showing what MJ was doing his last few days and through my huge tears that will be forming in my eyes on Oct. 28th 2009 @11:45am I will act as if I am in London watching the same performance that I was suppose to attend on July 28, 2009.

he probably taped it so he could watch it back and fine tune his performance before the opening night. As for latoya saying he wouldnt have wanted something released that was not perfect - in that case wouldnt she be saying the same thing about the THIS IS IT single which is also just a rehearsal?

I agree as well. If MJ was living, obviously he would not release his rehearsals. He would release the actual concert, coupled with the behind the scenes clips. Latoya didn't say anything wrong.

True. Plus, I think he was also further invigorated by an audience. In just looking at concert footage, I feel the energy and excitement of fans. I can just imagine the effect it had on him and his desire to give back what he was tangibly receiving.

Michael was always a perfectionist so its fair to say that literally ANYTHING that comes out now wont be quite as Michael himself would've wanted it to be. So I agree with La Toya.

if Michael was alive,he wouldn't want this to be released as a film. He's a perfectionist and he always want to give the best to the audience.i understand latoya's point on that.
but now he's gone...i don't think he would really mind the rehearsals to be released as a film or a dvd.he wants us to see his great work.this is the only thing that have left.

Thank you :clapping:

ok,... let me point out to you, another 'opinion' La Toya has had about her brother...

"If I remain silent, then that means that I feel the guilt and humiliation that these children are feeling and I think it's very wrong....you tell me, what 35-year-old man is going to take a little boy and stay with him for 30 days and take another boy and stay with him for five days in a room and never leave the room?"

Although, to a certain extent i agree with La Toya in reference to This Is It, I will NEVER hold her opnion or integrity with high regard.

for those of you who are fans of La Toya, I apologise if I have offended you, but this is my opinion of a woman who betrayed her brother in his hour of need.

And isnt it conveniant for her that her career is on the up and up, all thanks to the death of her brother?

the documentry was being filmed from the get go in march. it was reported on enough at the time. so latoya needs to learn to not comment on things she knows nothing about

I agree. He would dislike it. He was all about perfection.

TII shows just the beginning, just the start of rehearsals.
NOTHING was finished, nothing was perfect in his eyes.
Even with his tours he was never satisfied, one reason why he did not release tours on dvd.
I believe the reason why he documented the rehearsels are his children and he woulld watch it with that he could impro it, make some changes (choreography, stage lightning) the next day, try some other things.

There are certain times in life due to circumstances were the obvious is pointless to discuss. What is LaToya's point? Due to the circumstances, it has been done this way and the public are very much aware that it is rehearsal footage!

This is the only way Michael's final dream is shared with the world and it will be a phenomenon. We are so lucky that he taped it or the world would have never had seen his final genius work.

TII shows just the beginning, just the start of rehearsals.
NOTHING was finished, nothing was perfect in his eyes.
Even with his tours he was never satisfied, one reason why he did not release tours on dvd.
I believe the reason why he documented the rehearsels are his children and he woulld watch it with that he could impro it, make some changes (choreography, stage lightning) the next day, try some other things.
they anounced in march they were doing a docu that would start with the dancer auditions and go through the rehearsals etc. mj agreed to this at the time.itsn ot like they just decided to do this after june 25th

I'm sure Michael's This Is It concert would have been released on DVD, and there was talk of some of the concerts been screened live on television. I love watching rehearsal footage of Michael, such as the Dangerous Tour rehearsal at Neverland than was leaked years go.

I doubt Michael's rehearsals for This It Is would have been released as bonus footage if Michael were alive, because apart from Michael being a perfectionist he also loved mystery and wouldn't want fans seeing how he put his concerts togther. But now Michael is sadly no longer sharing this world with us, the mystery is in reverse in that we wil know how Michael was putting his This Is It concerts together but have no idea what the final outcome would have been.

I'm tired of commenting on La Toya but everytime she says something feel like i have to, will she not just go away, pretend she rebbie or something and show some respect.

well, of course, he wouldn't be pleased, since he would be alive than. Than he wouldn't of be pleased of course, but, he is not alive, so that's the last things that we can see of him performing. He obviously a perfectionist, so he as she said, would like it to be better, but what can we do if he's gone.

Back