La Toya: Michael wouldn’t like ‘This Is It’ film

I'm tired of commenting on La Toya but everytime she says something feel like i have to, will she not just go away, pretend she rebbie or something and show some respect.

I do so wish she'd shut up. But she IS in the public eye and is being asked. If she doesn't answer, her silence will be interpreted probably in some negative way, so I prefer her to go ahead and open her mouth positively when asked.

I will always have a problem with Latoya. Her betrayal of Michael probably devastated him more than any one's (even though I have accepted she was a victim of major spousal abuse), but still a part of me will always believe she did NOT have to comply with her husband to the extent that she did. That she could have gone back home and been protected long before she did. I will always believe she complied with her husband (even if to a small extent) because of her desire for the limelight and jealousy of her brother's success.

i agree with her this time ,of course mike dont wanna a imperfect and unfinished product expose to public ,its his nature,but we dont care how well he can dance or whether he still have it,we just wanna see him one more time,even tho he is standing still ,i will enjoy spending a hour or so simply watching him ,god,i miss him so much.

they were making a docu of the whole process b4 june 25th happ. why would mj not approve now when he did then

well, in Latoya answers with regards to the fact that it's her brother and she saw him any time she wanted etc... but for us, we want to see him, so, it's all good, i understand her position and michael's regarding the "best performance" and indeed, michael's magic happens in front of fans... but, for us, it's better then nothing.......

I do so wish she'd shut up. But she IS in the public eye and is being asked. If she doesn't answer, her silence will be interpreted probably in some negative way, so I prefer her to go ahead and open her mouth positively when asked.

I will always have a problem with Latoya. Her betrayal of Michael probably devastated him more than any one's (even though I have accepted she was a victim of major spousal abuse), but still a part of me will always believe she did NOT have to comply with her husband to the extent that she did. That she could have gone back home and been protected long before she did. I will always believe she complied with her husband (even if to a small extent) because of her desire for the limelight and jealousy of her brother's success.

:clap:

I couldn't have said it better.

i totally agree with her. i think MJ would have hated it being released.

Well, she is right, he was a perfectionist, and he would have wanted us to see the finished result. BUT with how things turned out, and he couldn't finish it, I think (I could be wrong though) that he would at least want us to see what he was working so hard on for us all.
Also, he didn't realize it, but I think a lot of his fans love seeing him more raw like that. I LOVED the Dangerous tour rehearsals. He was being a little silly at times, he didn't give his all the whole time, but when he sang, we could hear him so clearly. There wasn't always music and a crowd screaming, etc, and he sounded amazing! I loved seeing him saying what he wanted or didn't want, etc. I think the same will be said for TII. Just seeing the trailer for it where he says, "Let's do it one more time." He just looks so freakin cute and it shows that he was a perfectionist and wanted everything to be perfect. I guess what I'm trying to say though is that he was perfect in imperfection. And the film is coming out anyway, whether people like it or not, so they should just enjoy him (even though it will be very upsetting).

Well, she is right, he was a perfectionist, and he would have wanted us to see the finished result. BUT with how things turned out, and he couldn't finish it, I think (I could be wrong though) that he would at least want us to see what he was working so hard on for us all.
Also, he didn't realize it, but I think a lot of his fans love seeing him more raw like that. I LOVED the Dangerous tour rehearsals. He was being a little silly at times, he didn't give his all the whole time, but when he sang, we could hear him so clearly. There wasn't always music and a crowd screaming, etc, and he sounded amazing! I loved seeing him saying what he wanted or didn't want, etc. I think the same will be said for TII. Just seeing the trailer for it where he says, "Let's do it one more time." He just looks so freakin cute and it shows that he was a perfectionist and wanted everything to be perfect. I guess what I'm trying to say though is that he was perfect in imperfection. And the film is coming out anyway, whether people like it or not, so they should just enjoy him (even though it will be very upsetting).

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

i agree with La Toya on this one
there are many reasons to that.
it's just a rehearsal and Michael knew it. he wouldnt be doing 100% just like on the concert. plus there were no fans/crowd. i remember once in 96 he did Earth song for World music awards and there were no fans before the stage. he asked for a second performance because he wasnt happy with the 1st one and first reason was - there were no fans. and he asked to allow fans to the front stage. he needed this connection with the audience to unveil his magic completely. so i guess This is it is probably 50% of what he would have done on the concert. this is only natural.

but i think with the situation now it's ok to see even this raw material

Just seen the first review of it and the reviewer says he had to see it twice because it was that amazing. He said that everyone will come out of it thinking 'what an enormous loss' which is the aim. Of course we all know this but not everyone does.

Yes, Michael was a perfectionist but we didn't get a chance to see him execute the perfection he intended...not even once as he never got the chance to do ONE show which would have included all his ideas and visions and bells and whistles. And sadly, it's never going to happen now. This footage is all we have left to show us what might have been. And altho Michael would have preferred us to see it all in its final and perfected form, I doubt he planned to leave us with nothing and would begrudge us the chance to see what he had in store for us and his children. Why suppress the bits and pieces of his vision and dream becuz of something beyond all of our control...his and ours?

True. Michael's rehearsals footages of previous concerts and the actual events were on DVD. I don't think any MJ fan is going in with the thought that this is going to be tour footage. We know this is rehearsal footage in anticipation of his concert. Personally, I'm just very tired of hearing from LaToya. LaToya obviously doesn't have a real understanding of Michael's fans. If Michael stood onstage and sung about cornbread for two hours, we would still be screaming our hearts out! All he had to do was smile and we would melt. I know that there has been a lot of speculation of this film and events leading up to it. Let me as a fan see the movie and decide for myself. I don't need anyone else to tell me how I should feel.

they were making a docu of the whole process b4 june 25th happ. why would mj not approve now when he did then
those were NOT his cameras. as u know, mike likes his own cameras and his own footage. he wasn't allowedto bring his in. the cameras that captured this were aeg cameras. for a future behind the scenes thing.

You might not care what sister La Toya says or thinks but you should care about Michael's opinion. This doesn't need further discussions. La Toya said it all

Maybe this time only I will disagree with what LaToya said but I love her continuous positivity and support for Michael.

Just seen the first review of it and the reviewer says he had to see it twice because it was that amazing. He said that everyone will come out of it thinking 'what an enormous loss' which is the aim. Of course we all know this but not everyone does.
This is what I love about the potential for the film too...people will see what an amazing talent he was, what a strong work ethic he had, his ability to drive and guide all the people involved despite his shyness, and they'll see his kindness too. They will see him in his true element as well, where he will shine.

Michael of COURSE would've wanted us to see the finished performance instead of the rehearsals, but this is the next best thing, and the only thing he can offer us at this time. I know he would give us whatever he could. :sad:

And we all know we are viewing REHEARSAL footage, so it's not like we're going to expect it to be like the finished show anyway.

La toya, shut up

Michael was taken out of this world before he COULD give is every all to the world because of a dumbass doctor so I'll take the rehearsals thank you very much.

Back