La Toya releases new book and single / Summary @ Pg 30 / Pictures @ Pg 33

LaToya+Jackson+Book+Signing+lUAj62-1JGzl.jpg

The neck of La Toya is strange... :thinking: :fear:

^Yeah...I think it's to do with her age, and being skinny.

Latoya say the kids have nothing, what a lie, how can we believe anything that this family say? When they lie for there own agenda?
I am worried what BS they are filling the head with, who is paying for all that fancy school and house?
Poor helpless Jackson's not getting what they are use to getting,
Well LJ take it to the judge if the kids are destitute and not getting what they are suppose to get from there father estate,

Jackson Estate Calls La Toya's Murder Accusation "Outrageous"

La Toya says Dr. Conrad Murray "was the fall guy" in Michael's "murder."
http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/c64b6...TLA-La-Toya-Jackson-Says-Michael-Was-Murdered

La Toya Jackson tells KTLA she believes her brother was murdered. (KTLA-TV / June 29, 2011)

KTLA News
8:51 a.m. CDT, June 30, 2011

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- La Toya Jackson, Michael Jackson's sister, insists her pop icon brother was murdered as part of "a conspiracy" and calls Dr. Conrad Murray "the fall guy."

La Toya has upheld that belief ever since her brother died suddenly two years ago.

She tells KTLA her brother was targeted for murder because of his power in the music industry.

"It was pure murder," La Toya told KTLA on Wednesday. "I don't care what anyone says. This was pure murder. This was a controversy. This was all manipulated."

She says her brother knew he was being targeted and repeatedly mentioned it to her.

La Toya believes her brother's publishing rights to a catalog of songs, including works by the Beatles, motivated his alleged killers.

"He hated the fact that he had the catalog and they were going to murder him for it. So he said, 'I don't want it, it's not worth it.' And then the other part of him would say, 'No but it's mine. I bought it outright and I'm keeping it growing. This is for my children. They can't do this to me'," La Toya said.

She says she immediately went to police following her brother's death, but they would not look at other possible suspects besides Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson's personal physician.

La Toya says her brother's death was part of "a conspiracy" by a group of individuals, including a high-powered entertainment lawyer.

"Dr. Murray was the fall guy," La Toya said.

She has her own theories on what motivated her brother's death.

"Michael had fired John Branca. He didn't want him around," she said, adding that her brother then "hired a private investigator."

"Then he found out John Branca had smuggled… $150-million off-shore of his money and he just started investigating," she added.

"I'm not blatantly saying they killed him. This was a conspiracy to do this to him."

Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009 after authorities say he was given a lethal dose of the powerful sedative propofol.

Conrad Murray is awaiting trial on involuntary manslaughter charges in connection with Jackson's death.

The Jackson Estate issued the following statement in response to La Toya Jackson's interview:

"The outrageous and obviously false statements made this morning by Latoya Jackson are further examples of her willingness to say anything involving her brother for attention or money. The truth is Michael appointed John Branca and John McClain as his Executors. Their success in generating unprecedented revenues for Michael's Estate coupled with their preserving, protecting and enhancing Michael Jackson's legacy speaks for itself."

La Toya Jackson is currently promoting her new book, "Starting Over."

La Toya says her brother's death was part of "a conspiracy" by a group of individuals, including a high-powered entertainment lawyer.

The Jackson Estate issued the following statement in response to La Toya Jackson's interview:

"The outrageous and obviously false statements made this morning by Latoya Jackson are further examples of her willingness to say anything involving her brother for attention or money. The truth is Michael appointed John Branca and John McClain as his Executors. Their success in generating unprecedented revenues for Michael's Estate coupled with their preserving, protecting and enhancing Michael Jackson's legacy speaks for itself."

Really LaToya? She has been starting to name people.. I wonder what backlash she might face.

Bravo Estate! Now if you would only speak out against the rumors about Michael giving Aaron Carter drugs :(

Really LaToya? She has been starting to name people.. I wonder what backlash she might face.
The ONLY backlash I see thus far is the fact that her book stands at 4,132 on Amazon's website.

That's a HORRIBLE number, considering her book is basically brand new. Her publishers must be pissed!

I just don't think "many" folks take LaToya seriously and I'm glad the Estate of Michael Jackson released that statment which included her "saying anything involving her brother for MONEY OR ATTENTION." Ouch!

Lastly, I would think her ramblings regarding the Sony/ATV catalog would have more merit, if in fact it had been sold, but as we all know the catalog is STILL an asset of the Estate of Michael Jackson. So in my opinion, her claims about the catalog are moot!

Rhilo;3423739 said:
^Yeah...I think it's to do with her age, and being skinny.

Or the plastic surgeon did a very bad job on her neck. :fear:

ivy;3423946 said:
Jackson Estate Calls La Toya's Murder Accusation "Outrageous"

La Toya says Dr. Conrad Murray "was the fall guy" in Michael's "murder."
http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/c64b6...TLA-La-Toya-Jackson-Says-Michael-Was-Murdered

La Toya Jackson tells KTLA she believes her brother was murdered. (KTLA-TV / June 29, 2011)

KTLA News
8:51 a.m. CDT, June 30, 2011

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- La Toya Jackson, Michael Jackson's sister, insists her pop icon brother was murdered as part of "a conspiracy" and calls Dr. Conrad Murray "the fall guy."

La Toya has upheld that belief ever since her brother died suddenly two years ago.

She tells KTLA her brother was targeted for murder because of his power in the music industry.

"It was pure murder," La Toya told KTLA on Wednesday. "I don't care what anyone says. This was pure murder. This was a controversy. This was all manipulated."

She says her brother knew he was being targeted and repeatedly mentioned it to her.

La Toya believes her brother's publishing rights to a catalog of songs, including works by the Beatles, motivated his alleged killers.

"He hated the fact that he had the catalog and they were going to murder him for it. So he said, 'I don't want it, it's not worth it.' And then the other part of him would say, 'No but it's mine. I bought it outright and I'm keeping it growing. This is for my children. They can't do this to me'," La Toya said.

She says she immediately went to police following her brother's death, but they would not look at other possible suspects besides Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson's personal physician.

"Dr. Murray was the fall guy," La Toya said.

She has her own theories on what motivated her brother's death.

"Michael had fired John Branca. He didn't want him around," she said, adding that her brother then "hired a private investigator."

"Then he found out John Branca had smuggled… $150-million off-shore of his money and he just started investigating," she added.

"I'm not blatantly saying they killed him. This was a conspiracy to do this to him."

Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009 after authorities say he was given a lethal dose of the powerful sedative propofol.

Conrad Murray is awaiting trial on involuntary manslaughter charges in connection with Jackson's death.

La Toya Jackson is currently promoting her new book, "Starting Over."
MsCassieMollie;3424247 said:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zCYIcsGDsXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

La Toya seems an old disk always repeating the same songs... She always says the same things. :sigh:

The sad thing is: we know Joe, Randy and company know full well it was Murray's fault but they claim there are "other involved" while Michael was a junkie so they can sue AEG and get a hold of the Estate. But Latoya actually believes the lie...

Joe, with his HUGE ego, doesn't believe the will is valid since he finds no reasons to be excluded from it but he knows damn well the scheme the Jacksons came up since Michael's death with is a lie. Latoya believes it.

Time to go to the mental ayslum. Take daddy with you Toy Toy.

I skimmed through the book, and I read some interesting things -

In the book, La Toya mentions that Michael was keeping the Beatles songs from Itunes, because Yoko Ono didn't want them on there. Does anyone know if this is true? I did some googling, but I couldn't find any articles that state that Michael was the one holding up the deal.

La Toya also mentions that Barry Speigel (sp?) was named as an executor in the will, but that he immediately stepped down. I took that to mean that he immediately stepped down after Michael passed away. However, I did some searching, and it looks like he actually resigned in 2003. I'm not sure why his resignation is important, since it happened many years ago. Does anyone know why he resigned in 2003?

She said that, when Michael arrived at rehearsals on June 24, even though he was already running late, he was taken to a meeting with some business people. These people didn't typically attend rehearsals, so they were clearly there just to attend this meeting with Michael. La Toya doesn't know what was said in that meeting. Does anyone have any more details about this?

Finally, La Toya mentioned the security tapes. If I remember correctly, she said that the police only have about 4 minutes from when Michael arrived at home that night. Is that true? I was under the impression that no security footage was saved.

Last edited:

In the book, La Toya mentions that Michael was keeping the Beatles songs from Itunes, because Yoko Ono didn't want them on there. Does anyone know if this is true? I did some googling, but I couldn't find any articles that state that Michael was the one holding up the deal.

La Toya also mentions that Barry Speigel (sp?) was named as an executor in the will, but that he immediately stepped down. I took that to mean that he immediately stepped down after Michael passed away. However, I did some searching, and it looks like he actually resigned in 2003. I'm not sure why his resignation is important, since it happened many years ago. Does anyone know why he resigned in 2003?

She said that, when Michael arrived at rehearsals on June 24, even though he was already running late, he was taken to a meeting with some business people. These people didn't typically attend rehearsals, so they were clearly there just to attend this meeting with Michael. La Toya doesn't know what was said in that meeting. Does anyone have any more details about this?

Finally, La Toya mentioned the security tapes. If I remember correctly, she said that the police only have about 4 minutes from when Michael arrived at home that night. Is that true? I was under the impression that no security footage was saved.

So I actually bought the book, and I can get back to you on this quite possibly. I was out shopping with my mum, when I saw this book and thought I was just going to skim through it, but it got quite interesting. Guys, I truly believe what Latoya has been saying in this book. It's heartbreaking. She dedicates this book to anyone who has ever been abused either physically, mentally, etc. And since I was emotionally abused by my mum, I can relate to the fear she has kept and goes on to describe, although I didn't have it nearly as bad as Latoya, how weak it made her especially since she was sensitive to begin with. I can relate to the fear Latoya experienced. Im not done reading as I just now started, but so far I am enjoying what I am reading.

because he wasn't :)

Apple CEO Steve Jobs is said to be a Beatles fan, and has been in negotiations for years with EMI Group, the Beatles' record label, and Apple Corps, the Beatles' business group. But like all other Beatles fans, Jobs had to download tracks from a CD if he wanted to listen to the British band's music on his iPod.

But the Beatles have been resilient, remaining one of the most popular purchases throughout the digital music era. The Beatles haven't been the only holdout. AC/DC, Kid Rock and Bob Seger are among the small handful of other notable major artists that don't sell their music on iTunes.

The band long claimed that the reason its music wasn't on iTunes was that digital music was of inferior quality to CDs and records. But legal issues also may also been a factor. Apple and The Beatles have had a tense relationship for more than three decades.

In 1978, Apple Corps sued Apple Computer for trademark infringement. As part of a settlement reached three years later, Apple Computer agreed not to enter the music business.

Two lawsuits followed over alleged violations of that agreement. One was settled in 1991, with Apple Inc. paying $29 million to end the disagreement. A later fight went to trial, during which a court ruled that iTunes did not violate Apple Computer's agreement with Apple Corps.

Finally, in 2007, the two sides agreed to end their legal spats. Apple Inc. (formerly Apple Computer) took ownership of all trademarks related to the name "Apple" and licensed some of those back to Apple Corps.

in short beatles and apple have been fighting over the apple name for "30" years. they were the ones that stopped and later approved the itunes.

because he wasn't :)

Apple CEO Steve Jobs is said to be a Beatles fan, and has been in negotiations for years with EMI Group, the Beatles' record label, and Apple Corps, the Beatles' business group. But like all other Beatles fans, Jobs had to download tracks from a CD if he wanted to listen to the British band's music on his iPod.

But the Beatles have been resilient, remaining one of the most popular purchases throughout the digital music era. The Beatles haven't been the only holdout. AC/DC, Kid Rock and Bob Seger are among the small handful of other notable major artists that don't sell their music on iTunes.

The band long claimed that the reason its music wasn't on iTunes was that digital music was of inferior quality to CDs and records. But legal issues also may also been a factor. Apple and The Beatles have had a tense relationship for more than three decades.

In 1978, Apple Corps sued Apple Computer for trademark infringement. As part of a settlement reached three years later, Apple Computer agreed not to enter the music business.

Two lawsuits followed over alleged violations of that agreement. One was settled in 1991, with Apple Inc. paying $29 million to end the disagreement. A later fight went to trial, during which a court ruled that iTunes did not violate Apple Computer's agreement with Apple Corps.

Finally, in 2007, the two sides agreed to end their legal spats. Apple Inc. (formerly Apple Computer) took ownership of all trademarks related to the name "Apple" and licensed some of those back to Apple Corps.

in short beatles and apple have been fighting over the apple name for "30" years. they were the ones that stopped and later approved the itunes.

According to this article from 2010, it was more than the Apple lawsuits. Yoko says that she's holding out, and Paul said that there were some issues. Neither of them explain the exact reasons. Michael isn't mentioned at all. So, I guess La Toya was at least right about Yoko.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/06/entertainment/main6749821.shtml

I noticed that Sony/ATV isn't mentioned at all in your article. Did Sony/ATV have any involvement in the iTunes deal, or was it just EMI Group, since it holds the recording rights?

The woman next to Kathy is Lisa Vanderpump. She is on the realityshow "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" and a good friend of Latoyas as well.. if anyone wondered LOL :p

Yes, Lisa is the funniest woman ever. Love her. LaToya seems to have great friends surrounding her.

Thanks Jetzi! I'm not sure if I want to read it, but I see you've added Janet's book as well. Gonna read that. Thanks! :)

I'm on chapter 14 now. "The Beginning of the End".

What do you think of it? I just skimmed through it, but I thought that the parts where La Toya talks about her emotions on Michael's last day were really sad. For instance, she talks about how she was getting conflicting information about how bad the situation was. If I remember correctly, at one point someone tells her that he's not that bad, so she's relieved and thinking about how she needs to tell him how proud she is of him, etc. Of course, she never got the chance.

Last edited:
I'm on chapter 22 now - "Free the world". I can't put it down. So far, I am reading how much abuse Gordon put her through, how he brainwashed Latoya, for instance, after all the big bodyguards come rushing into their room and locking all the doors, Gordon tells Latoya that Katie was down the hall with a knife.

She remembers when Michael warned her about Gordon, that he would kill her, after Gordon beat her so bad with a bench or chair, she awakens in a pool of blood. Not only that Gordon plants a knife in her hand and tells the police Latoya was attacking him that Gordon only beat her out of his self defence.

Gordon makes her work with Playboy.

Latoya begs Gordon to let her defend Michael in '93, so he lets her only for a little bit. Until Gordon tells her they're going on a vacation, they fly to Tel Aviv, where Gordon shoves this piece of Paper in her hands and orders her to read it in front of all the media. Latoya doesn't know what it is till she starts reading it, which happend to be that infamous press conference. Y'see Gordon constantly threatend to kill her or someone else in the family, especially Michael if she didn't do what he wanted. She only did these things to protect her family.

Latoya never was able to keep a cent of her royalties for her music, appearances, and peformances. Until one day Gordon leaves LAtoya in her dressing room for a performance when people from a kids' show want to interview her. Latoya keeps denying their interview when they offer her I think $100,000. So she finally agrees to do the interview, co's she knew this money could help her escape one day. Afterward she tells how nervous she is thinking what beating she could get if Gordon knew about this.

Um..... right now im reading about how she escaped, how randy came to rescue her. How she just now got over the debt Gordon left her. Like how she barely recieved her first royalties check in April 2011 after 15 years.

Thank you jetzi (http://www.jetzi-mjvideo.com/) for your efforts. Reading both books has made me realize that Michael and his sisters have lived in parallel universe. Janet was wrong I feel to include talk about how Michael spoke about her weight when they were kids. If it is a memoir then okay but this time she is telling others to take control and to include something in detail so many years ago I didn't like. She could have said "my brothers...." in stead of saying " Michael used to .... when detailing her ribbing from the brothers.
As for Latoya, too many interviews with too many misleading points but I will continue reading the book to see if facts are included. It is much better to read it for myself now that I can (without buying it but I might if facts are shown) then taking summary reports from those that did. Those that summarized still had to spin it to their way so now when I re-read those summaries I can see where interpretation was said.

Damn..... Now Latoya says Michael was supposed to attend a meeting on top of the world trade center at 9am on 9/11, but was too tired. :bugeyed Whoa...I did not know this.

Go ahead see for yourself if you can. Page 186.

Yes others have also stated that MJ had a meeting
I wonder who the meeting was with and if they were
still there or did they leave becuase MJ wasnt attending.

Actually Latoya said the meeting was cancelled co's Michael was tired. So if it was cancelled, then maybe they weren't there?

I've finished reading Latoya's book. I guess I got the book because I wanted to know why she keeps insisting Michael was murdered. I've just been trying to listen to all these different stories, interviews, hoaxes, theories, and so forth and just think for myself.

I really enjoyed myself reading this book. I admire Latoya's strenght to escape Gordon and fighting for Michael and the kids.

I've finished reading Latoya's book. I guess I got the book because I wanted to know why she keeps insisting Michael was murdered. I've just been trying to listen to all these different stories, interviews, hoaxes, theories, and so forth and just think for myself.

I really enjoyed myself reading this book. I admire Latoya's strenght to escape Gordon and fighting for Michael and the kids.
If you think that LaToya is interested in fighting for MJ or his kids your are mistaken. This book is purely a money making venture.The only person LaToya is interested in is LaToya.

If you think that LaToya is interested in fighting for MJ or his kids your are mistaken. This book is purely a money making venture.The only person LaToya is interested in is LaToya.

Well I repeat - I wanted to know why she insists Michael was murdered. Wouldn't you?

Foreal

Back