La Toya releases new book and single / Summary @ Pg 30 / Pictures @ Pg 33

Failed attempt to make people buy Latoya's book :doh:
Yep, I'm still not buying it. If I can't read it online or check it out at the library I just won't be reading it.

So, basically, Latoya doesn't know anything, and even though she says to believe MJ was murdered, and

that Murray is just the fall guy, she hasn't hired a private investigator. Is that correct?

She removed it after Mattykoo reported her website for copyright infringement to the book publisher.
Mattykoo is the individual who owns the ''Church of LaToya'' site which itself speaks volumes.

Mattykoo is the individual who owns the ''Church of LaToya'' site which itself speaks volumes.

And she can post anything, say anything here and me not ? I can't defend Mike on a MJ board ?

Ok, so I think it will be my last post here. Lol, if they post it.

http://news.gnom.es/news/la-toya-jackson-memoir-starting-over-hits-new-york-times-best-sellers-list-making-her-a-two-time-best-selling-author
LOS ANGELES, July 14, 2011 /NEWS.GNOM.ES/ — In its first two weeks of bookstore sales, La Toya Jackson’s explosively candid memoir, “Starting Over,” has hit the New York Times Best Sellers List for the week ending July 2, 2011. The enthralling memoir, published by Simon & Schuster’s Gallery Books and Ja-Tail Publishing Company, features La Toya as you’ve never seen her before, giving a first-hand account of her tumultuous life as she survived life threatening abuse and heartache, only to come back as a survivor, stronger than before. The memoir also focuses on the loss of her brother, Michael Jackson, and La Toya’s role in bringing his killers to justice. Recently featured on NBC’s the Today Show, MSNBC, and in the pages of the New York Post, the memoir sheds new light on the dynamics of the Jackson family and discloses the truth behind the curtain of secrecy and intrigue that has surrounded her brother Michael, her siblings, and the rest of the Jackson dynasty.
(Photo: http://photos.NEWS.GNOM.ES.com/prnh/20110714/LA35801)
La Toya Jackson is no stranger to success on the list; in 1991, Jackson penned her first book, “La Toya, Growing Up In The Jackson Family,” which made history and remained on the list at the number two position, selling millions of copies worldwide. This follow-up finds her twenty years later and multiple-times stronger, updating readers and diehard fans alike as she takes them inside for an open and honest account of her past, and an intimate look into her future.
“I’m so excited to have my family of fans updated on my story and to get the truth out there about myself, my family, and my brother,” La Toya stated. ”It is very important for me to share with the world the love Michael and I had and how special our relationship was, as well as the promise I’ve made to keep his spirit and memory alive and pure.”

She removed it after Mattykoo reported her website for copyright infringement to the book publisher.

Well, that wasn't very smart IMO - on Jetzi's site there was a chance more people will read it, because they sure aren't rushing to buy it.

I haven't read the entire book yet, but based on what I saw when I skimmed through it, it's much better than I expected. If people are interested in La Toya at all, they should at least give the book a chance. Look through it at the bookstore and see what you think, rather than just dismissing it because of what you think you know about La Toya.

Did anyone in Latoyas family openly support her book at all ?
I havent seen any of them mention it. Ive seem them show
support of Janets book and concert but not Latoaya's endevours

Did anyone in Latoyas family openly support her book at all ?
I havent seen any of them mention it. Ive seem them show
support of Janets book and concert but not Latoaya's endevours

I stated the very same thing just recently......they don't seem to be on team LaToya's side at all. When others in the family were tweeting congrats to Janet on her album and tour, nothing for LaToya. Speaks volumes, especially when she herself says this...

"Healing from Michael's death has been extremely difficult especially given how it has divided me from many members of my family. They do not supprt me in my fight, but if I have to stand alone I will... I hope we can repair our relationship down the road, when time has begun to heal the severity of our wounds and I have proven that I had a good reason not to just let Michael's death be, as some wished that I would"

Well what Latoya wrote about standing alone and not just letting Michael's death go quietly is very touching. I don't understand how her family could be angry about that. They sure are not silent about other matters

"Healing from Michael's death has been extremely difficult especially given how it has divided me from many members of my family. They do not supprt me in my fight, but if I have to stand alone I will... I hope we can repair our relationship down the road, when time has begun to heal the severity of our wounds and I have proven that I had a good reason not to just let Michael's death be, as some wished that I would"

In my opinion, this is just ANOTHER attempt by LaToya to play the victim.

I mean, she is clearly not the only person in the Jackson family to call Conrad Murray the "Fall Guy." And she is clearly not the only person in the Jackson family who has a problem with John Branca. And she is clearly not the only person in the Jackson family to claim that Michael was being controlled by the "Bad People." The same "Bad People" who were supposedly keeping Michael away from his family.

So for me, her saying that nobody supports her in "the fight" is straight-up mularkey, in my opinion!

They all MAY have different angles, but their bottom line is the same, i.e. "WE WANT TO RUN THE ESTATE OF MICHAEL JACKSON."

In my opinion, this is just ANOTHER attempt by LaToya to play the victim.

I mean, she is clearly not the only person in the Jackson family to call Conrad Murray the "Fall Guy." And she is clearly not the only person in the Jackson family who has a problem with John Branca. And she is clearly not the only person in the Jackson family to claim that Michael was being controlled by the "Bad People." The same "Bad People" who were supposedly keeping Michael away from his family.

So for me, her saying that nobody supports her in "the fight" is straight-up mularkey, in my opinion!

They all MAY have different angles, but their bottom line is the same, i.e. "WE WANT TO RUN THE ESTATE OF MICHAEL JACKSON."
Totally agree

It's sad, with all the promotion she did this book barely peeked in the top 35 New York Times best seller list.

Personally, I would never buy it. There are signed copies going for as low as $35 on ebay, and even those are not selling fast :mello:

It's sad, with all the promotion she did this book barely peeked in the top 35 New York Times best seller list.

In my opinion, "most" folks just don't take LaToya seriously and she only has herself to blame for that.

I mean, she LIED before, but this time around folks are supposed to believe her. LOL!

To top that off, she has made claims that EVERYTHING will be revealed in her book.

"Just buy my book and ALL will be revealed." That statement just ended up being another lie on LaToya's part.

That’s the part that disgusts me the most about LaToya. She has been running her mouth for two years claiming she will give details of who killed her brother in her book and gives us zip. The depth of the Jackson family sour grapes never ceases to amaze me. I am totally repulsed as I’m sure Michael was.

I wonder how many copies of her book were sold? I hope she has a back up plan and Jermaine is taking a look at this. He better fix his book if he wants more sales. Latoya does not have a large fan base so she will not pull in a lot of sales.

89726549.jpg

:fear:

Will have a hearing on Wednesday? :unsure:

I havent heard of anythong bout a hearing on wednesday...:unsure:

Yes there is hearing about the case tomorrow. It was posponed from Juli12th to July20th. I think tomorrow will be a decision if the trial will delay.

It's probably because Michael told his family that he WOULD be murdered, for the ATV catalog.
THAT in itself seems to be the fact that people conveniently let fly over their heads. They act like the Jacksons are the first and only ones to have said this. They act like the Jacksons started saying this right after Michael died.

I think the idea of Michael being purposely murdered is something some fans don't even want to acknowledge so they look for any and every kind of excuse to dismiss it--especially if a Jackson says it. But like I mention before Michael JACKSON said it himself. I guess he was delusional and crazy and attention seeking and wanting money too.

Michael made the comments about being murdered during the trial when he was receiving daily death threats and wearing bullet proof vest to court! His family has exploited his former statements the same way they have exploited his former drug addiction to further their attempts to eliminate the Estate executors and gain control of his fortune. It’s not working.

Victory22;3438393 said:
Michael made the comments about being murdered during the trial when he was receiving daily death threats and wearing bullet proof vest to court! His family has exploited his former statements the same way they have exploited his former drug addiction to further their attempts to eliminate the Estate executors and gain control of his fortune. It’s not working.
That's the way I look at it also, i.e. Michael made those statements during the trial.

In my opinion, the family's REAL problem is that they were left out of Michael's will and are NOT in charge of anything related to Michael Jackson "the artist."

If Branca and McClain had come in and immediately started selling up Michael's assets, the family "may" have had a point, but as we all know Michael Jackson's assets are STILL a part of his Estate. So I really don't see the point in CONTINUING the "they killed him for his catalog."

I'll say it again, in my opinion, they're upset because they are not in charge of The Estate of Michael Jackson.

Victory22;3438393 said:

Oops, should this be a detail you read in the book? :cheeky: (I knew about the death threats, and maybe I'm a bad fan, but it was pretty good in which clarity that was laid out again)
Perhaps not completely pointless after all? I found some of that trial information rather interesting, don't know about other people.

I do not find it 'exploitation' that his sister describes in what ways Michael feared for his life. In fact, I think it should be printed from here to Kasachstan how much (according to a sibling) Michael worried that he'd be assassinated especially in the case of a not-guilty verdict.
If only half of that stuff true, its worth to repeat that. She's trying to paint a picture that Michael had reasons ON MANY fronts to fear for his life. She's trying to make the case that Michael had more than one reason to fear for his life in earnest. (if you believe her is another story)

Secondly- just imagine (I know, allowing for that fact might be hard...) for a single second that perhaps the children wanted her to include certain statements, such as "daddy fell asleep by the fire place". You mean, all by himself, no 'freaky drugs' and all? :bugeyed
Just allow for one single second that there might be a reason these statements showed up, although I admit one has to wade quite deep through the book to find that stuff.

Ashtanga;3437930 said:

I said this when I read the book. Latoya's claims and information is nothing more than what TINI said 2 years ago. It is a waste to give any money for this book IMO.

Victory22;3438393 said:

Yes Latoya clearly says that Michael said that in 2003 when neverland was being raided in regards to the the trial. Michael believed that allegations and the following trial was to hurt him financially and reputation wise and get his catalog. that's all.

Back