Lady Gaga

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyworld99

Proud Member
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyeLLEj0_pM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IyeLLEj0_pM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Re: Snippet of Lady Gaga's HBO Speical

I find it cringeworthy to be honest. She is so pretentious. Maybe I am being too cynical but she does not come off as genuine at all in that clip. It's way over the top, like everything else she does.

I guess fans of Lady Gaga will find this clip show her "vulnerability"... I miss the age when stars have certain mystique aura around them.

Oh boy, what a drama! "I'll never be destroyed and you will not destroy the kingdom that is my fans" makes me wanna cry, sniff, sniff LMFAO!!!!

Come on! Now seriously, does she really think someone will fall for it?! These kind of staged melodramas that's gonna destroy her!

OT: kissybissy, since you have elton on both your avatar and siggy... i assume you are into elton. his son's name is zachery jackson. do you know if his name has anything to do with michael? i'm just curious.

Thank you i am a big fan of her work:yes:

OT: kissybissy, since you have elton on both your avatar and siggy... i assume you are into elton. his son's name is zachery jackson. do you know if his name has anything to do with michael? i'm just curious.

They said in an interview to US magazine that they like the name and also because David Furnish's father (Elton's husband) is called Jack. And Jackson means son of Jack.

Well, its not a drama as for the truth.
When Michael was saying something similar like Gaga, they (media and people) were making fun of him labelling him wacko jacko who is living in his own dreams and fantasy world... and blah blah...
Thats true....
"I'll never be destroyed and you will not destroy the kingdom that is my fans"

She's crying in the clip. People should have some mercy.

I find it cringeworthy to be honest. She is so pretentious. Maybe I am being too cynical but she does not come off as genuine at all in that clip. It's way over the top, like everything else she does.

Exactly..............sooooooo fake...........

.........feels more like one of those reality shows..............where you know they are just acting like that because a camera is in front of them..........

.........she's just a bad actress.....

I guess fans of Lady Gaga will find this clip show her "vulnerability"... I miss the age when stars have certain mystique aura around them.

I do too.........but Pop is now Plastic and 100% fake!!!!

She never seemed genuine to me! I've always had the opinion she's totally fabricated and unnatural. When she says she felt like a freak, totally fake! When we see pictures and footage of her before she was famous, she was just an ordinary girl, nothing unusual!

And all that crying baby in that video, totally staged!

Some people are just ruthless. I'm not exactly her biggest fan but I feel for people when they cry and she's praying at the end. I thought her prayer was beautiful.

Why is she crying for? Who is trying to destroy her? I for once the only thing i see is people kissing her @ss. Shouldn't she atleast wait a couple of years, have the world media messing with her and then start crying? Now, it just seems like a spoiled girl crying because her extension fell.

Some people are just ruthless. I'm not exactly her biggest fan but I feel for people when they cry and she's praying at the end. I thought her prayer was beautiful.

I thought she prayed with a rosary in her mouth :lol:
I don't hate her either, I just can't stand her ""music"".

But we have to recognize that she knows how to make people talk about her all the time.

Well, I'm also an athiest so I don't actually buy into that whole 'God' thing so that didn't impress me either. Meh, nice try though Gaga...

"The Lady doth protest too much, methinks." ~Hamlet Act III, Scene II.

She sounds like a teenager with that whole "they don't understand" talk (especially since there's nothing to understand)--she should get a grip. I truly had a horrible high school experience (not only the kids, but some teachers and administrators gave me a hard time as well), and I got the f--k over it. I don't think I ever shed a tear over anything they did to me. All this winner/loser/nobody gets my wigs and lipstick (???) talk really makes her sound so...ordinary. I truly don't get what she's all up in arms about: the people she's performing for obviously all want to see her, so why such big drama? She's clearly obsessed with some image of fame given her talk about wanting to be a "superstar", etc (although she's not the only one.)

I truly pity her. It's so obvious she cares so deeply about what people think about her. How ordinary. The false persecution complex thing she's got going on is also quite irritating. I agree with Kasi, she should wait until the media stops kissing her a-- and starts the process of tearing her down before she starts whining about people wanting to "destroy" her. That way, at least some people outside her deluded hardcore fanbase will sympathise with her, and her complaints will seem halfway legitimate to the world at large.

"The kingdom that is my fans"?? They've only been your fans for about a year or two. What bloody kingdom does she speak of? I agree with Linda, this is pretentiousness at its best. However, she's a great talent at acting, she should consider making a career out of it.

The praying at the end was so hypocritical too. On the one hand, she says she believes in god and considers herself a Catholic, etc. and on the other hand, she's blaspheming the creed she claims to follow through song and video (rather poorly, too.) Actions speak louder than words, as they say. I'm not even a Christian, and I find her hypocrisy completely repulsive. At least Marilyn Manson (whom some people compare her to lmao!) is creative and genuine when he "blasphemes" against Christianity.

In any case, this will give some people something to watch on HBO, for once. It seems as though its programming has gotten so shabby over the years...
As much as I don't like Gaga, I think this would actually be an improvement on HBO's list of specials.

Last edited:

I couldn't have put it better.

"The Lady doth protest too much, methinks." ~Hamlet Act III, Scene II.

She sounds like a teenager with that whole "they don't understand" talk (especially since there's nothing to understand)--she should get a grip. I truly had a horrible high school experience (not only the kids, but some teachers and administrators gave me a hard time as well), and I got the f--k over it. I don't think I ever shed a tear over anything they did to me. All this winner/loser/nobody gets my wigs and lipstick (???) talk really makes her sound so...ordinary. I truly don't get what she's all up in arms about: the people she's performing for obviously all want to see her, so why such big drama? She's clearly obsessed with some image of fame given her talk about wanting to be a "superstar", etc (although she's not the only one.)

I truly pity her. It's so obvious she cares so deeply about what people think about her. How ordinary. The false persecution complex thing she's got going on is also quite irritating. I agree with Kasi, she should wait until the media stops kissing her a-- and starts the process of tearing her down before she starts whining about people wanting to "destroy" her. That way, at least some people outside her deluded hardcore fanbase will sympathise with her, and her complaints will seem halfway legitimate to the world at large.

"The kingdom that is my fans"?? They've only been your fans for about a year or two. What bloody kingdom does she speak of? I agree with Linda, this is pretentiousness at its best. However, she's a great talent at acting, she should consider making a career out of it.

The praying at the end was so hypocritical too. On the one hand, she says she believes in god and considers herself a Catholic, etc. and on the other hand, she's blaspheming the creed she claims to follow through song and video (rather poorly, too.) Actions speak louder than words, as they say. I'm not even a Christian, and I find her hypocrisy completely repulsive. At least Marilyn Manson (whom some people compare her to lmao!) is creative and genuine when he "blasphemes" against Christianity.

In any case, this will give some people something to watch on HBO, for once. It seems as though its programming has gotten so shabby over the years...
As much as I don't like Gaga, I think this would actually be an improvement on HBO's list of specials.

Judas and interesting article?

What do you think of Lady Gaga's Judas? I personally like it because I'd rather watch that than videos of girls in bikinis, cars and big houses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagn8Wrmzuc

I think this following article is interesting. Although I do like her and know she can sing and play piano and is capable of good lyrics, she should just focus on making quality songs than thinking about what to wear next.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/Gaga+before+blond+ambition+fades+away/4744093/story.html

Lady Gaga Presents the Monster's Ball Tour: At Madison Square Garden airs tonight at 9 p.m. on HBO Canada.

Everyone loves a spectacle, the old maxim goes.

Unless, of course, you're eight and that spectacle involves members of the local constabulary leading your parents out of your house at two in the afternoon on a warm summer day wearing nothing but handcuffs (their own) and the front and back end of a donkey costume (rented).

If that's the case, not only does it ruin a pretty awesome birthday game of lawn darts, but for the rest of your life Eeyore's pain becomes your very own (oh, bother).

In the grand scheme of things, in the current cultural context, American pop diva Lady Gaga is that braying, parental role-playing scenario -a spectacle so ridiculous and yet so obvious that you can't help but feel a little sorry for all parties involved.

And make no mistake, these days everyone is and wants to be involved in the Lady Gaga business -from the millions of Little Monsters which she calls her fans (an endearing yet somehow patronizing term akin to, say, Tiny Barnacles or Lobotomized Monkeys) to all of the magazines, TV shows and websites devoted to building up and tearing down those small of talent and large of ambition.

And ambition (blond or otherwise) is the one thing Gaga can truly lay claim to as evidenced by the promotion of her upcoming album -a thing with songs and music on it -which has made her omnipresent, blitzing/manipulating all manners of media and saturating everything with her taint (or is that still a rumour?), including an HBO special tonight and an appearance on American Idol next week.

It all kicked off in earnest last month, when, to prove she hadn't stolen Madonna's career and material while Her Madgesty was feeding off the livers of kittens -it's either an antiaging thing or a hobby -Gaga offered an interview where she wept, denied, got angry, went "ruh-tard" on people and then resumed stealing everything from the original virgin she could get her hands on, up to and including the gum from her gym bag (nothing masks kitty blood like Double Mint).

In fact, ripped right from the Totally Not Madonna I Really Really Mean It Playbook is Lady Gaga's latest single and video Judas, which goes the tried and true route of aiming for righteous indignation over misappropriation of Christian imagery.

True, raising the hackles of the religious right is the outrage equivalent of repeatedly punching a fast-food mascot in the face -easy, unnecessary, yet still kind of funny -but it's also not really something one needs to resort to so early in their career.

Hell, name aside, even Madonna gave us a few years of harmless midriff baring, wedding dresses and fishnets before following the natural evolution to peep-show skeeze then full-on biblical heretic by challenging our image of the saviour as bearded, lilywhite hippie.

But Gaga, her career and the spectacle she surrounds herself with, all seemed to start at 11. And she seems to be gunning for higher. Maybe that speaks directly to her ambition, maybe it's more about the accelerated world in which we live, or maybe, just maybe, it speaks exactly to the levels of her talents, such as they are.

As a singer, she's competent but hardly unique. And as a writer, let's face it, Lady Gaga's songs aren't good, they're garish. They're flamboyant disco anthems with atrocious lyrics (yes, "ear condom") that are tarted up and shouted at you so that you don't realize the coatcheck girl is pocketing your loose change. Granted, the number of covers of Poker Face, Paparazzi and Bad Romance that are out there may say something, but keep in mind there are just as many of Rebecca Black's Friday and that Bed Intruder guy.

It would be far too lazy and obvious to write that "the empress has no clothes" and then follow it up with cracks about "unless it's proteinthemed" or "from Baby Gap's Lil' Call Girl Collection," so instead we'll just say that Lady Gaga is spectacle, nothing more and nothing less. And how long she lasts is how long the neighbourhood is willing to stand around gawking and whispering about her at their bridge games.

But the one thing to keep in mind is that, as with all spectacles, the back end of a donkey costume is still twice as much ass as you really need.

Re: Judas and interesting article?

Haven't seen the video yet, but the song just didn't stick with me.

And I don't like her that much. Yes, I know she's talented, she works hard, I respect her for that. She just hasn't made a song that I've really fallen in love with yet. :( And her 'shocking' stuff seems a bit predictable, but I will listen to whatever she puts out. She does fascinate me.

I do like her but I don't like the quality of her music. I'm sure she is capable of better music. She just needs to focus on that more, I believe. Born This Way is only gonna be her 3rd album anyway. She's got long to go.

What do you think of Lady Gaga's Judas? I personally like it because I'd rather watch that than videos of girls in bikinis, cars and big houses.

Well, I'm a guy so I'd rather watch the things you just mentioned.

Here's the thing. I have the good music that I listen to which doesn't get much air play at all, I'd say. So if I have to choose from seeing weird chicks than go from boner thrill to boner kill in just a blink of an eye and sexy chicks dancing around in the underwear doing various innapopriate things, I'd probably have to go with the second one.

What? I'm just being honest. :D

I agree with the article you posted, although I do like the song and video for Judas.

I like the song, I can't get it out of my head! I also think the video is pretty good too! (Much better than Born This Way!)

As a singer, she's competent but hardly unique. And as a writer, let's face it, Lady Gaga's songs aren't good, they're garish. They're flamboyant disco anthems with atrocious lyrics (yes, "ear condom") that are tarted up and shouted at you so that you don't realize the coatcheck girl is pocketing your loose change. Granted, the number of covers of Poker Face, Paparazzi and Bad Romance that are out there may say something, but keep in mind there are just as many of Rebecca Black's Friday and that Bed Intruder guy.

Wow! :eek:

I do not like Gaga. It is far from surprising me. -_- Her videos are a mess. I really can not understand them. She has a nice voice, but I doubt (and I do not believe it ) it will have a long career ... as Madonna, for example. :fear:

I actually really, really like 'Judas' .....I like the Caribbean accent she uses, gives it a different sound....It's a pretty catchy tune, as with most of her stuff..My attitude on Gaga is that she's got a great voice, good, catchy dance tunes, but she's not as original as people like to label her as..she's really not as her music is basically '90s euro pop with ripped off melodies and what not from songs that have been done before (yes, Judas is one of them, as well as Alejandro, and Born this Way etc)....The thing is, there's nothing wrong with being inspired, and she admits when she's used others' ideas and what not..but it makes you wonder if she's an original artist or really just a tribute artist :scratch: :lol:....She is fascinating, of course...

I love Judas, but the video is just meh for me....I actually can't stand any of her videos as they're just a mess and clearly for shock value...I really don't like her performances either for the same reasons....

It felt, to me, like she was trying to imitate Rihanna. And I think a lot of artists now are. Lady Gaga and Rihanna seem to be competing for the most shock value, and Katy Perry and Ke$ha, Avril and JLo, etc. are poking their heads in.

I was actually really looking forward to Born This Way and it's kind of flopped for me. I did like the Country Version they put out a lot more than the first single mix, though. Judas has good parts but also sounds too chopped and random to me.

Maybe she will grow on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back