Lady Gaga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Judas and interesting article?

I was going to buy Born This Way but it doesn't seem like quality music so far. I like The Fame Monster.

Re: Judas and interesting article?

I didn't care for the song at first but it grew on me. I think the video is actually pretty good and it's so much simpler as far as Gaga goes.

Re: New Lady GaGa Song

The Edge of Glory is a good song. Catchy melody.

Judas is crap! Bad lyrics and I don't like the way she sings it.

I don't like it at all...It sounds so dated! Actually, it sounds like a country song remixed to a dance song. Judas is WAY better to me...

It does sound very dated, I agree. It reminds me of 1990s British Pop. However, it might grow on me. I don't know. I hope the video is good and not based on shock factor.

I like it. Kinda reminds me of 90's eurodance

What i like about Lady Gaga is that she uses strong melodies in alot of her songs. She's one of the only mainstream artists around at the moment who isn't just about ''the hot beats''

Last edited:

It's better than Judas but I'm still no fan of hers..

It's a decent song. But those chords on the chorus, not a fan, the prog has been used a zillion times. These are literally in a book full of hit chord progs, on like page 1. It's a catchy song, but zero marks for innovation in writing it, best thing is it has a good vocal melody :)

When she has her sax soling, she's using more jazzy steps, which is nice to see, in terms of her chord choices. It saves the song all the little mini sections in the middle of the song.

What i like about Lady Gaga is that she uses strong melodies in alot of her songs. She's one of the only mainstream artists around at the moment who isn't just about ''the hot beats''

I agree with this...I don't feel the new song has a strong melody, though...maybe it'll grow on me....But her other stuff has all had strong melody, so it's hard for me to not like her music.....Meh, I don't care about her lyrics or her performances or her brutal videos...I just wanna dance lol

She is crap and so not talented. I can't believe that she is even been discussed on this wonderful MJ forum website.

Her new songs are much more dance-oriented than her older works imo. They are not bad but I prefer songs like Paparazzi, Fame and Bad Romance.

Yes, the song is very 80's dance song. It seems she's taking that route now.

It's grown on me. She makes catchy music.

She is crap and so not talented. I can't believe that she is even been discussed on this wonderful MJ forum website.

Blind hate is so not pretty. You can dislike Gaga, her antics, and not appreciate her music or even her as a person... but you can't say she is totally talentless. The girl is a classically trained musician who writes, plays instruments, and is an excellent live vocalist. Gaga is a great live performer. Again, you may not think she uses her talent to its fullest extent, but it's really silly imho to say such unfounded and uneducated statements. I'm not saying your dumb, just that you clearly don't know much about her and aren't basing anything on actual fact or knowledge (just personal bias).

Last edited:

Blind hate is so not pretty. You can dislike Gaga, her antics, and not appreciate her music or even her as a person... but you can't say she is totally talentless. The girl is a classically trained musician who writes, plays instruments, and is an excellent live vocalist. Gaga is a great live performer. Again, you may not think she uses her talent to its fullest extent, but it's really silly imho to say such unfounded and uneducated statements. I'm not saying your dumb, just that you clearly don't know much about her and aren't basing anything on actual fact or knowledge (just personal bias).

Why should anyone be strictly factual when it comes to judging music? Don't we all have a personal bias in that respect? Yes, Lady Gaga co-writes most of her songs (along with a bunch of other people usually) but the quality of her lyrics is questionable. Her talent with regard to songwriting is up for debate. You may think it's genius, others think it's elementary. Yes, Lady Gaga can play the piano but so can millions of people around the world, some as young as 5 years old, so I don't see this as a sign of musical genius. She is a good player but not exceptional enough to deserve a special mention. Taylor Swift can play guitar but I don't see people revering her over it. I don't think Gaga is a good dancer either. She's not terrible but she's really nothing special, artists get the label "good dancer" too easily these days. I don't see Gaga as a natural dancer like Michael was. Her moves are choreographed and she performs them well (undoubtedly after a lot of practice) but that's not really a "talent" imo, anyone can learn dance moves that are choreographed for them.

That said, I personally do think she is talented as she has the ability to create songs that attract a wide range of people (even my mother likes her) and I have defended her artistic abilities in the past. That doesn't mean I don't think she is incredibly overrated though... but then again, so are her contemporaries like Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy Perry etc.

Edit: I forgot to comment on the actual subject of this thread, lol. I just listened to the song and I must say I really like it, just as I liked Born This Way and Judas. Her music reminds me of 1990s Eurodance and its strong focus on melody. I appreciate the fact that her songs are always very melodic, that's been missing from a lot of music that's out right now.

Last edited:

Why should anyone be strictly factual when it comes to judging music? Don't we all have a personal bias in that respect? Yes, Lady Gaga co-writes most of her songs (along with a bunch of other people usually) but the quality of her lyrics is questionable. Her talent with regard to songwriting is up for debate. You may think it's genius, others think it's elementary. Yes, Lady Gaga can play the piano but so can millions of people around the world, some as young as 5 years old, so I don't see this as a sign of musical genius. She is a good player but not exceptional enough to deserve a special mention. Taylor Swift can play guitar but I don't see people revering her over it. I don't think Gaga is a good dancer either. She's not terrible but she's really nothing special, artists get the label "good dancer" too easily these days. I don't see Gaga as a natural dancer like Michael was. Her moves are choreographed and she performs them well (undoubtedly after a lot of practice) but that's not really a "talent" imo, anyone can learn dance moves that are choreographed for them.

That said, I personally do think she is talented as she has the ability to create songs that attract a wide range of people (even my mother likes her) and I have defended her artistic abilities in the past. That doesn't mean I don't think she is incredibly overrated though... but then again, so are her contemporaries like Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy Perry etc.

Edit: I forgot to comment on the actual subject of this thread, lol. I just listened to the song and I must say I really like it, just as I liked Born This Way and Judas. Her music reminds me of 1990s Eurodance and its strong focus on melody. I appreciate the fact that her songs are always very melodic, that's been missing from a lot of music that's out right now.

Did you miss that whole part about being classically trained? The girl went to Julliard and can do more than "just play" the piano like a 5 year old. Not just anyone can play an instrument well. It takes talent. I never once said anything about not being able to judge her writing ability or music. I said she isn't completely talentless as was suggested and she isn't. I stand by my word. Just because her level of talent in certain areas can be questionable at times, doesn't mean there isn't any talent to be had.

A few years ago I found her very interesting and original, but now when I see an article about her I just yawn. The thing is, she is never in the paper for anything else than her outfits. Other artists manage to maintain a relevant media interest in themselves without dressing like Gaga. It is like she is trying to hide the fact that inside she is a very boring girl. Beware Gaga - the Gaga shock factor/novelty factor is wearing thin

- Crash, Newcastle, UK, 12/5/2011 18:25

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...outfit-leaves-London-hotel.html#ixzz1MBl6RwhV

It's a comment posted on the daily mail. I think it sums up what most ppl think about her these days.

And I add, one day she'll break her ankle wearing those stupid boots.

Is Lady Gaga a rip off?

The similarity is not just accidental as the lyrics will show you:

I'm walking through life in nature's disguise
You laugh at me and you criticize
'Cause I'm happy, carefree and gay
Yes, I'm gay
Ain't no fault - it's a fact
I was born this way - yeah
Now I won't judge you - don't you judge me
We're all the way nature meant us to be

Chorus
I'm happy, I'm carefree and I'm gay
I was born this way

You call me strange 'cause you don't understand
God's role for me in life's overall plan
I've learned to hold my head up high
Not in scorn nor disgrace
Doin' my thing individually
Entwined with this human race

Now I won't judge you - don't you judge me
We're all the way nature meant us to be

Chorus

You laugh at me and you got the nerve to criticize
If I were you I'd sit down
And consider what you're doin'
Love me and I love you
And together ain't no tellin' what we'll do
Yeah - born I said
From a little bitty bitty boy
I was born this way

I love you, I love you
And even you - born this way - yeah
I'm tellin' y'all one more time
I was born this way, proud to tell it
I was born this way
Gonna shout it, tell the world about it
I was born this way

Re: Is Lady Gaga a rip off?

I always also thought Gaga looks a lot like Donatella Versace. ^

There are many similarities between the two songs for her to say she got only inspired by the other song.

Lady GaGa is Madonna & Gwen Stefani + herself =)

Madonna is the original...........everybody else is just a copy!!!

Madonna is the original...........everybody else is just a copy!!!

Madonna was not original. She was accused of being a copycat back in the day too, just like Gaga is now.

I do prefer Madonna over Gaga though.

Not surprised, she is known to steal ideas from other groups. However, like someone stated, the similarities are just enough to say she was inspired, it's not really a direct copy-for-copy, I don't think it'd work well if that artist tried to sue her. But yeah it basically is a rip-off. This is not very original, nothing she has done has been entirely original. Shocking outfits and supporting gay people isn't really all that original these days, but I'll admit she's talented at piano and singing and creating music and stuff.

None of those I'm sorry to say popular rich media glamor diva girls, who are on top of it all because they have sold their bodies for money, are that original to me.

Lady GaGa has basically admitted it in her music that she is just in it for the fame and success, not actually making the world a better place. Sure, she'll do that on the side to make her look good, but it's just not in these people's hearts to me or they'd be doing more! Like Michael or John Lennon or Prince, innovating the industry, doing new things.

I want to listen to artists who are true to themselves and their hearts and are good people and actually truly care about the world, not ones competing for hit singles and shocking looks and the most money and the sexiest hair and hoarding or showing off their rich possessions. Artists like The Beatles and Michael Jackson, that are just so brilliant they don't need anything fancy other than themselves to be famous. I respect that...

We don't have many entertainment machines like that these days, although there are some. Artists like Usher and Lady GaGa kind of do it but they seem to need to be supported by a whole bunch of technology and other enhancements to actually pass it off. Michael Jackson or The Beatles could just come out by themselves, absolutely no technology, probably wouldn't even need a real stereo system and could pull off a hit show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back