Leaked emails update (Michael Jackson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very very hard to sing and dance at the same time, singing alone gets you out of breath. Michael was known for his music but for his VISUAL performance and iconic dance moves.

Nobody will care about that. All they'll see is someone obviously lip syncing and they'll tear him apart for it. And Michael was also known for his great singing ability.

Just look at Human Nature on This Is It. That got great positive feed back because of the fantastic vocal performance he gave. So people do care about him as a singer

Well, if MJ is only a dancer to you, that's you. To me he is also a singer who could perform great live and seeing him only dancing is just half of the experience. Why to give half experience to a high profile cinema release to represent him as a live artist to a wider audience when you could give them a great performance showing the full experience (dancing AND singing)? And sorry they are not going to see him as the "greatest live performer of all times" when he is blatantly lip-syncing. Instead he will be torn to pieces for it.

You know that THIS IS IT sold that many tickets because people wanted to see him PERFORM one final time, they didn't care about vocals or anything else.. and i'm sure their would have been playback there too. I never said i only like Michael for the way he moves, i love everything about him.. going past his music also! i just think his legacy can keep growing if all parties do the logical thing and that is to promote, expose and enjoy Michael's genius.. through the years, no stones un-turned.

Theatrical releases depend highly on advertising, they could create a wonderful trailer.. Get the word out.. promote it on Television etc.! Billboards and cardboard cutouts in theaters too.

That would just be hyping up Michael's worst tour, and by having all that hype, people will naturally go in thinking that this is Michael at his best, when in fact, that's not the case

You know that THIS IS IT sold that many tickets because people wanted to see him PERFORM one final time, they didn't care about vocals or anything else.. and i'm sure their would have been playback there too. I never said i only like Michael for the way he moves, i love everything about him.. going past his music also! i just think his legacy can keep growing if all parties do the logical thing and that is to promote, expose and enjoy Michael's genius.. through the years, no stones un-turned.

The positive reaction to his performance on Human Nature says otherwise

That would just be hyping up Michael's worst tour, and by having all that hype, people will naturally go in thinking that this is Michael at his best, when in fact, that's not the case

When ITV advertised 'THIS IS IT' they showed previous performances with direct audio from the shows in Bucharest & Munich, that advertisement boosted sales.

You know that THIS IS IT sold that many tickets because people wanted to see him PERFORM one final time, they didn't care about vocals or anything else.. and i'm sure their would have been playback there too.

Actually, TII would have had a lot more live vocals than HIStory. HIStory is 95% lip-synced and very blatantly so. I would definitely not want to take some non-fan friend to that show to the cinema. I'd want people to be impressed and not critical of his blatant lip-syncing.

i just think his legacy can keep growing if all parties do the logical thing and that is to promote, expose and enjoy Michael's genius..

Yes, and that means exposing MJ's GENIUS - and not his worst form! It means to manage the releases well - ie. give a priority to his most impressive stuff (incl. impressive concerts) and not to his worst.

When ITV advertised 'THIS IS IT' they showed previous performances with direct audio from the shows in Bucharest & Munich, that advertisement boosted sales.

How does this defend all of the obvious lip syncing on the HIStory Tour?

With the whole TII comparation people keep forgetting it was a rehearsal and MJ did not sing full out to protect his voice so the dubbing was "needed" at times. People were aware that it was a rehearsal, so they were more lenient. They will not be so lenient seeing him lip sync for 2 and a half hours to album vocals at a concert...

Actually, TII would have had a lot more live vocals than HIStory. HIStory is 95% lip-synced and very blatantly so. I would definitely not want to take some non-fan friend to that show to the cinema. I'd want people to be impressed and not critical of his blatant lip-syncing.

Yes, and that means exposing MJ's GENIUS - and not his worst form! It means to manage the releases well - ie. give a priority to his most impressive stuff (incl. impressive concerts) and not to his worst.

They're not going to release two BAD Tour shows within 10 years.. i would have expected a theatrical release of the Dangerous Tour instead though, i'm glad Prague was filmed in HD.. when the time come's for that Tour to be released on Blu-Ray, we can expect the best show.

If Prague 1996 is released, then i'm looking forward to it very much and i hope it is promoted correctly and that many people will get to enjoy this unique performance in front of 130.000 fans with stellar visuals & audio.

They're not going to release two BAD Tour shows within 10 years.. i would have expected a theatrical release of the Dangerous Tour instead though, i'm glad Prague was filmed in HD.. when the time come's for that Tour to be released on Blu-Ray, we can expect the best show.

We don't actually know if it was shot in HD. That facebook thing could be false.

If that the case then I'd rather them release Dangerous Tour to cinemas instead

They're not going to release two BAD Tour shows within 10 years..

If a Blu-Ray is possible then they might. They could release it in any year.

How would you feel if because of your complaining they release a straight to Blu-Ray of Munich?

I don't think they would. If there is better show in HD they would release it. They would release Munich if they don't have any other choice.

How would you feel if because of your complaining they release a straight to Blu-Ray of Munich?

That would still be better than releasing any HIStory Tour show to cinemas. Because at least then it would be a low key release for fans only

That would still be better than releasing any HIStory Tour show to cinemas. Because at least then it would be a low key release for fans only

Are you kidding me right now??? very surprising that you say this.

I'm sure they would release other concert than Munich on Blu-Ray if it's possible.

HIStory World Tour is basically a movie on stage. People have to understand Michael's circumstances, if lupus didn't effect his laryngitis so bad then i'm sure he would have sang live much more than he did..

HIStory World Tour is basically a movie on stage. People have to understand Michael's circumstances, if lupus didn't effect his laryngitis so bad then i'm sure he would have sang live much more than he did..

People won't care about his health problems. They'll just see him obviously lip syncing and will heavily bash him for it. Fans are understanding and sympathetic, but critics/the general public won't be

We do understand, but that does not change the fact it was not his best (after all you say it yourself: he was sick) and with such a high profile release he needs to be represented at his best form, not sick. Do the managements of other artsist send shows to the cinemas where the artist is sick and not at his best form? I doubt it. Why then do we want this for MJ and be unfavourably compared to other, great concerts which were shown at cinemas?

I don't care if they release it on DVD/Blue-ray and fans can enjoy it all they want, but this tour is the worst possible choice for a cinema release. That's all.

Did he really have laryngitis the whole tour? His voice sounded really good in Jackson 5 Medley and WBSS in many concerts. I think the J5 Medley sounded good even in Munich.

We do understand, but that does not change the fact it was not his best (after all you say it yourself: he was sick) and with such a high profile release he needs to be represented at his best form, not sick. Do the managements of other artsist send shows to the cinemas where the artist is sick and not at his best form? I doubt it.

I don't care if they release it on DVD/Blue-ray and fans can enjoy it all they want, but this tour is the worst possible choice for a cinema release. That's all.

Most other artists don't dance when they perform live though, they just walk around the stage.. when someone so gifted as Michael put's his all into creating something that is visually spectacular.. that can not be compared to something that is of a much lower standard, if he did sing live.. completely, then you would hear him out of breath.. singing fragments and having trouble with pleasing the audience on both the eyes and ears!

Did he really have laryngitis the whole tour? His voice sounded really good in Jackson 5 Medley and WBSS in many concerts. I think the J5 Medley sounded good even in Munich.

His voice was rough, very rough.. even worse in Seoul!

We do understand, but that does not change the fact it was not his best (after all you say it yourself: he was sick) and with such a high profile release he needs to be represented at his best form, not sick. Do the managements of other artsist send shows to the cinemas where the artist is sick and not at his best form? I doubt it. Why then do we want this for MJ and be unfavourably compared to other, great concerts which were shown at cinemas?

Indeed. I can't watch it, and I'd say I'm one of his biggest fans and have been for 35 years. I was also at 2 HIStory gigs live and was very underwhelmed. They seemed worlds apart from Bad & Dangerous that I was also at.

Most other artists don't dance when they perform live though, they just walk around the stage.. when someone so gifted as Michael put's his all into creating something that is visually spectacular.. that can not be compared to something that is of a much lower standard, if he did sing live.. completely, then you would hear him out of breath.. singing fragments and having trouble with pleasing the audience on both the eyes and ears!

Now you act like MJ never sang live and could never entertain and dance while singing live. No need to create all these excuses for the HIStory tour when he had many, many other shows which are great from every aspect: LIVE singing AND dancing. Zakk, why don't you rather want something like that be shown in the cinemas?

And why release a tour where we would have a lot of explaining to do?

And why release a tour where we would have a lot of explaining to do?

Exactly. You never have to explain a great performance. If we need to explain things to people then that's a sign of it not being a great choice.

Now you act like MJ never sang live and could never entertain and dance while singing live. No need to create all these excuses for the HIStory tour when he had many, many other shows which are great from every aspect: LIVE singing AND dancing. Zakk, why don't you rather want something like that be shown in the cinemas?

We're going in circles right now! i know he did sing live, and the BAD Tour will never be topped by anyone but it is clear to anyone, that when you see a video from the 1996/1997 performances.. you will see his focus is on his dancing, giving them an experience they will never forget, ageing takes it's toll on anyone.. dancing and singing is difficult for someone that is in their mid 20's.. but near 40's? completely different!

ageing takes it's toll on anyone.. dancing and singing is difficult for someone that is in their mid 20's.. but near 40's? completely different!

See? You are making excuses for that show again. Like I said if that is need then it shows it's not a very good choice.

Why not release a show instead that does not need any excuses? He had plenty of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back