Leaked emails update (Michael Jackson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind a blu-ray version. Myself, I like the History tour and haven't seen Praque. Although for 2016 I think it should be Dangerous however.

From Brad Sundberg's FB:

We worked with Michael in the studio prepping the edits for the Grammys, and at the same time the band was getting set for MSG. It is hard to describe how huge Michael was at the moment, and how psych'ed New York was for him. There were giant billboards and banners of the Bad album and Bad tour all over Times Square. People were wearing the MJ shoes (remember those!) and jackets with dozens of buckles. It was almost surreal in how big everything was - how big Michael was. Here I was in the studio with him - same guy as ever - joking about everything, heating Evian for him, setting up his heaters, etc., and just outside the marketing team from CBS Records was going crazy with promotion. Odd as it may sound, that was when it really started to hit me just how enormous his popularity - his persona - was. And it happened in New York.
I was there with my wife Debbie at Radio City, watching Michael practice for the Grammys. Even that was crazy because they emptied the entire theater for his rehearsal. Every door was closed and guarded, and Deb and I sat maybe 15 rows from the stage and watched. We got our own private concert, just the two of us, plus the security guys at the doors and camera and production teams. There was one other person that walked down the center isle and sat a couple seats from me - someone that I deeply admired, someone that absolutely caught me by surprise, and someone that you likely have never heard of. His name was Garrison Keiller, but I'll save that story for another time.

:cookiemonster:

They shouldn't release L.A! i'm sorry but their are film negative shows from Europe & other 1988 dates that were shot! just because BetaCam looks decent, doesn't mean they should avoid releasing a Blu-Ray.

Plus, i'm very annoyed by all the hate that is going towards this idea of releasing Prague 1996, you shouldn't judge something that you've never seen before. I hope The Estate aren't discouraged by the fans choice of rude words, Prague is definitely the show i wanted from this Tour and i hope to see it in High Def. As for a possible Dangerous 25 release, you don't know what they have planned.. i hope for Munich or Tokyo DVD & Blu-Ray.

Plus, i'm very annoyed by all the hate that is going towards this idea of releasing Prague 1996, you shouldn't judge something that you've never seen before. I hope The Estate aren't discouraged by the fans choice of rude words, Prague is definitely the show i wanted from this Tour and i hope to see it in High Def. As for a possible Dangerous 25 release, you don't know what they have planned.. i hope for Munich or Tokyo DVD & Blu-Ray.

Most people here aren't against HIStory Tour being released on Blu Ray as a low key release for fans only. What we are against is the HIStory Tour being released to cinemas and representing Michael as a live act to the general public

The biggest issue with HIStory Tour release is the lip-syncing I think. I would like to see HIStory Tour on Blu-Ray but Bad Tour should be released first. If HIStory Tour release doesn't sell well then we might not get other Blu-Rays.

The biggest issue with HIStory Tour release is the lip-syncing I think. I would like to see HIStory Tour on Blu-Ray but Bad Tour should be released first. If HIStory Tour release doesn't sell well then we might not get other Blu-Rays.

That's a good point. HIStory Tour should be the last of the estates priorities. They should focus on BAD Tour (1988) and Dangerous Tour (any show with Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel). And the Triumph and Victory Tours

I think Prague does deserve a theatrical release, it looks like a great show and i love how fresh he is.. his live vocals/ad libs are actually enjoyable.. which you lack in the 1997 shows! The Estate are a business, they are there to show the world Michael's genius. I'm going to support any high def concert release.

I think Prague does deserve a theatrical release, it looks like a great show and i love how fresh he is.. his live vocals/ad libs are actually enjoyable.. which you lack in the 1997 shows! The Estate are a business, they are there to show the world Michael's genius. I'm going to support any high def concert release.

Why would you want HIStory Tour to represent Michael as a live act to the general public? Wouldn't you want Michael to be shown at his best?

Why would you want HIStory Tour to represent Michael as a live act to the general public? Wouldn't you want Michael to be shown at his best?

Because of the theatrics, the HIStory Tour is basically a 2 hour 17 minute movie.. and of course, but i think they will release the BAD Tour again when enough time has passed since BAD 25. As for the Dangerous Tour, it's still possible that it will be included with a D25 project.. if that is planned! we only know bits and pieces of what is planned, but i want all three tours in High Def eventually.

Because of the theatrics, the HIStory Tour is basically a 2 hour 17 minute movie.. and of course, but i think they will release the BAD Tour again when enough time has passed since BAD 25. As for the Dangerous Tour, it's still possible that it will be included with a D25 project.. if that is planned! we only know bits and pieces of what is planned, but i want all three tours in High Def eventually.

Michael will be torn apart because of all the obvious lip syncing. Releasing HIStory tour to cinemas is a dumb idea

Michael will be torn apart because of all the obvious lip syncing. Releasing HIStory tour to cinemas is a dumb idea

Say whatever you like, but i'm gonna support this and look forward to what else is planned!

Say whatever you like, but i'm gonna support this and look forward to what else is planned!

If you want people to think that Michael was a lip sync artist who couldn't sing live then HIStory Tour is perfect for cinemas

Last edited:
If you want people to think that Michael was a lip sync artist who couldn't sing live then HStory Tour is perfect for cinemas

It's the 'HISTORY World Tour'. And you won't getting a better concert from that series of concerts than Prague.

How does that defend all of the obvious lip syncing?

It doesn't, i'm just saying.. i'd rather see him dance full out then struggle to sing live due to him being 38 years old and having lupus which causes problems within the vocal chords.

It doesn't, i'm just saying.. i'd rather see him dance full out then struggle to sing live due to him being 38 years old and having lupus which causes problems within the vocal chords.

Id'd rather see him dance full out and also give a great vocal performance. Like what he did on the BAD Tour

Id'd rather see him dance full out and also give a great vocal performance. Like what he did on the BAD Tour

why don't you go ask a 38 year old to dance at a high level whilst trying to keep a smooth vocal?

why don't you go ask a 38 year old to sing at a high level whilst trying to keep a smooth vocal?

People won't care. All they'll see is someone obviously lip syncing 90% of a show and they'll tear him apart for it.

Does anyone think it would be possible that any of the HIStory concerts had complete live vocals that nobody knew about (because they were dubbed)?

No, the Estate should not be only business. Artistic considerations should always be a priority, even before business. When a concert is released to the theaters managements and labels usually pick a show that represent those artists at their best or close to it. Sorry, but I would hate it if the general public thought HIStory tour was MJ's best as a live pefromer. It would cause a massive critical backlash against him as an artist. And it would be utterly unfair to him when any of his other tours were a lot better.

why don't you go ask a 38 year old to dance at a high level whilst trying to keep a smooth vocal?

*Sigh* This argument keeps going in circles. Our issue is NOT that we want to criticize MJ for his HIStory tour performance and ignore his health problems. The point is that when a show is hyped up like that and put into the theaters then it's usually one of the best performances of that artist, his best representation as a live performer and not his worst. MJ does not deserve any less than all other artists whose labels take those artists seriously and care about their reputation. Every other tour MJ ever did would be a better idea than the HIStory tour.

I don't care if they release it as a low-key fan aimed release. But to the theaters? A big NO!

I would prefer Michael singing badly over lip-syncing. Lip-syncing can be very boring to watch.

I would prefer Michael singing badly over lip-syncing. Lip-syncing can be very boring to watch.

Oh really? WBSS in Munich is the worst live performance of all time. 1996 is fantastic.

I can already see the Britney Spears comparisons and jokes.. :(

Back in the 90's people actually accepted playback (to some extent) - nowadays playback is a joke and seen down upon. - People will not care about lupus or the man being 38 years old. - They will not kn ow about his health and nor will they care about that or his age. People will say "If he was not able to perform, be it because of lupus or age - then he should not peform..."

I really think some cruel jokes will come out of this. "King of Playback" - and stuff like that. - They will say, "sure he was a great studio artist, but this proves he was not the live artist we all thought. He was only good when he could do the parts again and again til there were enough good parts to be mixed together" etc. etc. - HIStory is a terrible choise due to all the playback.

And the press will write so many cruel things - and people that do not know what we know (which are 99 % of all the people out there :lol:) they will agree with the press and might lose respect for MJ as a live artist. - Why would anyone want that? If they see HIStory concert and think that's just crappy playback - then they do not even want to see a BAD or Dangerous concert because they will just assume it's playback like the HIStory cocert they have seen!!

I really hope the estate and sony makes it a Dangerous concert - and that would be the only logical thing to do considering it's Dangerous' 25th anniversary... DAngerous has some playback - but not too much. - So that's a better concert to release - but for god sake not Bucharest !!! Give us a new and better concert - not so many fan clips and not so much editing.

But I'm sure he didn't sing in every concert like in Munich.

I was responding to your message that you prefer him singing bad rather than him lip syncing, take Motown 25 for example.. who gave two thought's about lip syncing? his dancing was the reason people were entertained.. no one could move like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back