Leaked emails update (Michael Jackson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be ok if they released Prague, Munich or any other HIstory Tour concert on Blu-Ray but not in cinemas.

I've always wanted Prague or Zaragoza, in a theatrical capacity i would be blown away by Michael's genius exuding through the screen :wild: i always imagine what it would feel like to see one of Michael's tours in cinema, i don't mind which it is.. i'll appreciate any show in High Def.

he lip synced because he didn't want the audience to be disappointed with rough vocals. He chose to use the studio recording's to give them something that sounds authentic, lupus is very damaging. You can't please everyone, and also you can't do something when such diseases limit your potential work ethic.

...which is why this wouldn't be the best option for a cinema release, right? :ph34r:
I'm just wondering what is more important to you (and others who are supportive of the idea)..: Michael's legacy and how he is represented to the general public, or getting to see a new show? Because I'll always be excited about new footage and I'd want to see this HIStory concert myself, but I'd rather have them play Wembley in cinema's although that means I wouldn't get to go and see something new. It's about the bigger picture, I just don't want to give people more reason to be negative about Michael.

...which is why this wouldn't be the best option for a cinema release, right? :ph34r:
I'm just wondering what is more important to you (and others who are supportive of the idea)..: Michael's legacy and how he is represented to the general public, or getting to see a new show? Because I'll always be excited about new footage and I'd want to see this HIStory concert myself, but I'd rather have them play Wembley in cinema's although that means I wouldn't get to go and see something new. It's about the bigger picture, I just don't want to give people more reason to be negative about Michael.

What is important to me, is seeing new footage & appreciating it.

It seems to me that there are a lot of MJ fans who actually ENJOY boycotting MJ releases.

They might not admit it, and they might pretend they would 'prefer' something else ('cos that makes it seem like the care), but all they seem interested in is boycotting.

It could be a deep rooted problem with Sony, The Estate, or both. But there is definite resentment, from a lot of 'fans'.

Why do I think this? I have yet to see one release that hasn't had pages and pages of criticism. Not one!

It's often the same people, and they often repeat the same criticisms over and over again, day after day, until, it seems, they have bullied other people into giving up supporting the 'offending' release.

TII had the backing of the general public, being close to the death of MJ, and was a HUGE success. The other releases have been, pretty much, left to the fans to generate the sales. None of them have done as well as they should have due, in my opinion, to the never ending boycotts. It's like a lot of fans have gotten into this mindframe, and can not get out of it.

I fell like some people are waiting for the latest product, so they examine in in minute detail, and find the slightest reason to complain and criticise. Then it's "let's get on to the Estate and force them to stop! If not, we boycott!!"

These people never stop to think that there might be thousands of MJ fans across the world who want to see or hear the product. A few dozen internet warriors decide for everyone. Even for people who don't spend all day on the web, picking over the bones of every little thing, so they can 'decide' what's best for MJ. Is that the justice and democracy good people fight for?

If I don't like something, I stay away from it/don't buy it. I don't go around trying to get it banned, just because I don't agree with it.

What is up with some people?

Ridiculous.

Not going to see something or not buying it isn't boycotting it!

I didn't buy the King of Pop collection as I'd had the songs a million times. It was the only MJ adult release I'd never bought, but I didn't boycott it I just didn't buy it.

Same with this, if they released it I wouldn't go & see it, but also I wouldnt stand outside with a placard saying 'Live means Live' or 'Syncing is Stinking'.

It seems to me that there are a lot of MJ fans who actually ENJOY boycotting MJ releases.

They might not admit it, and they might pretend they would 'prefer' something else ('cos that makes it seem like the care), but all they seem interested in is boycotting.

It could be a deep rooted problem with Sony, The Estate, or both. But there is definite resentment, from a lot of 'fans'.

Why do I think this? I have yet to see one release that hasn't had pages and pages of criticism. Not one!

It's often the same people, and they often repeat the same criticisms over and over again, day after day, until, it seems, they have bullied other people into giving up supporting the 'offending' release.

TII had the backing of the general public, being close to the death of MJ, and was a HUGE success. The other releases have been, pretty much, left to the fans to generate the sales. None of them have done as well as they should have due, in my opinion, to the never ending boycotts. It's like a lot of fans have gotten into this mindframe, and can not get out of it.

I fell like some people are waiting for the latest product, so they examine in in minute detail, and find the slightest reason to complain and criticise. Then it's "let's get on to the Estate and force them to stop! If not, we boycott!!"

These people never stop to think that there might be thousands of MJ fans across the world who want to see or hear the product. A few dozen internet warriors decide for everyone. Even for people who don't spend all day on the web, picking over the bones of every little thing, so they can 'decide' what's best for MJ. Is that the justice and democracy good people fight for?

If I don't like something, I stay away from it/don't buy it. I don't go around trying to get it banned, just because I don't agree with it.

What is up with some people?

Michael must laughing if he see your comment. If they had announced the Bad World Tour (and not HWT)on cinemas, there would have been no problems.

Ridiculous.

Not going to see something or not buying it isn't boycotting it!

I didn't buy the King of Pop collection as I'd had the songs a million times. It was the only MJ adult release I'd never bought, but I didn't boycott it I just didn't buy it.

Same with this, if they released it I wouldn't go & see it, but also I wouldnt stand outside with a placard saying 'Live means Live' or 'Syncing is Stinking'.

Yes, but trying to completely deface something that has been worked on by many people is boycotting.

What is important to me, is seeing new footage & appreciating it.

So there you go, what you care about most is YOU getting to see new footage and appreciating it, even if it could be damaging to Michael's legacy. That is what I call selfish.

So there you go, what you care about most is YOU getting to see new footage and appreciating it, even if it could be damaging to Michael's legacy. That is what I call selfish.

It's not damaging to Michael's legacy, releasing the Cascio song's ARE. There is a big difference. I appreciate something that may be coming, does that mean i'm selfish? no. It's called being excited for Michael's fantastic creation.

Yes, but trying to completely deface something that has been worked on by many people is boycotting.

But maybe that's why you're getting so annoyed. I don't think we're defacing it, we just don't like it.

Imagine if this was just a single we were taking about?

So the Estate say in 2016 we're re-releasing Cry to mark 15 years since Invincible. We'd all be up in arms that it should be Butterflies or Whatever Happens or Unbreakable.

We're just saying that in MJ terms, the HIStory tour isn't the best way to showcase what was undoubtedly the greatest entertainer ever.

I've supported every single project the Estate has released under the Sony contract - even the ones that weren't anything particularly special (Immortal) or caused the most controversy (Michael) - but I absolutely refuse to support this.

It's not damaging to Michael's legacy, releasing the Cascio song's ARE.

Completely false.

The Cascio songs are not to the fault of Michael, as they have nothing to do with him. The HIStory Tour does.

But maybe that's why you're getting so annoyed. I don't think we're defacing it, we just don't like it.

Imagine if this was just a single we were taking about?

So the Estate say in 2016 we're re-releasing Cry to mark 15 years since Invincible. We'd all be up in arms that it should be Butterflies or Whatever Happens or Unbreakable.

We're just saying that in MJ terms, the HIStory tour isn't the best way to showcase what was undoubtedly the greatest entertainer ever.

Yes, he was the greatest entertainer ever. But the term ''entertainment'' goes past singing live, when someone as gifted as Michael put's his all into providing excitement to crowds all over the world.. you get a very strong feeling, a feeling that many artists can't provide these days! I appreciate your decision in not getting excited, but that doesn't mean that you should decide what is and isn't released.. just ignore it and wait for what you want, just don't expect it when you want.

Completely false.

The Cascio songs are not to the fault of Michael, as they have nothing to do with him. The HIStory Tour does.

Did you seriously just say that? the Cascio song's damaged Michael's legacy, Michael put his all into HIStory! all this over exaggeration is just ridiculous.

Allusio;4071020 said:
Respect77, an idea that is so controversial, maybe I really don’t understand something but what is so controversial in History concert – lip-syncing and what people will say about it… that’s it?

Didn't you read the thread? It IS controversial even within the fan base! I'd dare to say most people here are not fans of the idea.

I just want to say one thing, two years ago or so, in my city a group of MJ fans paid one cinema theater (a small one) to show us History concert. It was the one in Munich. And that was a nice time spending… we were crying and laughing and we were not thinking about lip-syncing or judging some theatrical decisions, everything – even the tank were perfect.

A privare screening with hard core fans is a different matter. This is supposed to be a "big launch" project acc. to the inital rumour.

It is Michael, we here will never guess how it will turn out. IMO, If done right History concert can yet surprise us.

Well, I cannot see how can they make the quality of the performance better. And I don't see the need either. Just pick a different tour which do not need any hocus-pocus to make MJ look better.

Did you seriously just say that? the Cascio song's damaged Michael's legacy, Michael put his all into HIStory! all this over exaggeration is just ridiculous.

I think they're right. Michael Jackson had nothing to do with 60% of the Michael album where as the HIStory tour was fully in his name.

Exactly we don't know for sure if it will be in fact released on cinemas, unless the ones complaining work for Sony and/or the Estate and they are certain. Having that as an idea or discussion is not an unanimous decision to release a project. The ones saying is an embarrassment to see that tour are bunch insensitives looking like you're uncaple of feeling empathy towards Michael even though you know how devastating lupus can be. I was an 11 year old naive girl when I saw my first Michael concert, the one in Munich on TV but maybe you were fortunate to see him live in previous tours but iwas mesmerized by the songs, the theatrics, his charisma and the power he had to convey his message even if I wasn't fluent in English as I am nowadays. For those reasons, I'd love to see HIStory released in HQ, DVD, blu ray if the estate thinks it's worth releasing it because to me it's not an embarrassment.

I think they're right. Michael Jackson had nothing to do with 60% of the Michael album where as the HIStory tour was fully in his name.

HIStory Tour is a part of Michael's legacy, who ever compares something so sinful as the Cascio recording's to a theatrical spectacular of the HIStory Tour obviously isn't thinking straight.

Oh, please. The same way I could say that some people just want to mute any criticism of the Estate and pretend that we have to like and accept and support absolutely everything that is being put out without any standard for quality whatsoever. But let's not get into personal attacks and accusations just because of difference of opinion.

I bought every Estate product so far. Even the "Michael" album (I regret supporting that though). So just because people do not like and accept everything it does not mean they are boycotters or haters. I'm not gonna buy tickets for a HIStory tour cinema screening though.

Well, no one can tell how many fans want it and how many don't. Here it seems more people have a problem with it than not. If it's already controversial among us, fans, how it's gonna be a success once it happens?

Again, we do not think it would be just a neutral release that we can just move on about. We think that it would actively harm MJ's reputation. That's why we post about it.

Exactly the point I was trying to get across. The Cascio songs were a complete disgrace don't get me wrong, but there's no way anyone could argue that Michael wasn't involved with the turnout of the HIStory Tour.

I feel sorry for Michael, he tried so hard to hear it’s harmful for his Legacy ...

Exactly we don't know for sure if it will be in fact released on cinemas, unless the ones complaining work for Sony and/or the Estate and they are certain. Having that as an idea or discussion is not an unanimous decision to release a project. The ones saying is an embarrassment to see that tour are bunch insensitives looking like you're uncaple of feeling empathy towards Michael even though you know how devastating lupus can be. I was an 11 year old naive girl when I saw my first Michael concert, the one in Munich on TV but maybe you were fortunate to see him live in previous tours but iwas mesmerized by the songs, the theatrics, his charisma and the power he had to convey his message even if I wasn't fluent in English as I am nowadays. For those reasons, I'd love to see HIStory released in HQ, DVD, blu ray if the estate thinks it's worth releasing it because to me it's not an embarrassment.

I respect if someone has an emotional attachment to this tour for personal reasons but that does not change the fact that it was his worst tour and thus not the one that should represent him in the cinemas. Release it on Blue-ray for those fans who want to have it in their collection. OK. Just do not make it represent MJ as a live performer in the cinemas.

Exactly the point I was trying to get across. The Cascio songs were a complete disgrace don't get me wrong, but there's no way anyone could argue that Michael wasn't involved with the turnout of the HIStory Tour.

Visually, HWT is best. Vocally BWT is best, DWT is basically middle of the two. What will be, will be.

HIStory Tour is a part of Michael's legacy, who ever compares something so sinful as the Cascio recording's to a theatrical spectacular of the HIStory Tour obviously isn't thinking straight.

Both are official releases in the name of Michael Jackson & his record label so the comparison is valid.

Admittedly 60-70% of the Michael album shouldn't be affiliated with him, but it is & that's that. It also gave me the wonderful 'Much Too Soon' and 'Behind The Mask' which gave me more enjoyment than seeing the HIStory tour.

Such a shame as well, because these threads get so many posts it does make us sound negative, but it is human nature to talk about the things that piss us off I guess.

We probably all agree that 85-90% of stuff the man did in his 40 year career was stunning and there really is only this tour & half of Invincible that really isn't liked by many. Of course the stuff like Bad & Dangerous albums and tours more than make up for it alone, let alone his J5, Jacksons work, Thriller & OTW. God, if the only thing the man had ever done was Who Is It, Give In To Me & Will You Be There he would still be my favourite artist of all time.

HIStory the album is also one of my favourites of all time which is one of the reasons why the tour annoys me.

For me it all fell into place when I saw the PHM 'I love to tour' snippet. As funny as that is, when I first saw it I thought 'Oh, that explains it'. I don't believe he wanted to be there.

Thank God for 'This Is It' as I took my wife to watch it at the cinema with me and after I had taken her (as my girlfriend) to see HIStory @ Wembley was such a lacklustre experience, she was amazed by him once again.

THREAD CLOSED

This thread has been closed due to the less than civil debates that have been taking place. MJJC is not the place for attacking one another because of divergent opinions and such behaviors will not be tolerated. If you cannot agree, agree to disagree. If someone attacks another member for their opinions, please use the report button to notify the moderation team and do not attempt to retaliate as such attempts always escalate. The report system is there for the exact purpose of avoiding such situations.

Thank you for your attention and cooperation,
Team MJJC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back