least favourite song on each solo album?

Fuzball

Proud Member
What's your least favourite/most disliked song on each MJ solo album released with Epic Records?

Mine are:

Off The Wall: Burn This Disco Out
Thriller: The Girl Is Mine (I like the demo actually)
Bad: Just Good Friends
Dangerous: She Drives Me Wild
HIStory: D.S.
Blood On The Dance Floor: Superfly Sister
Invincible:  Privacy

Off The Wall: Get On The Floor
Thriller: Baby Be Mine
Bad: Liberian Girl
Dangerous: Can't Let Her Get Away
HIStory: You Are Not Alone
Invincible:  Heaven Can Wait

Off The Wall: Get On The Floor
Thriller: Baby Be Mine
Bad: Liberian Girl
Invincible:  Heaven Can Wait
🫥

What's your least favourite/most disliked song on each MJ solo album released with Epic Records?

Mine are:

Thriller: The Girl Is Mine (I like the demo actually)
Off The Wall: She Is Out Of My Life
Thriller: The Girl Is Mine
Bad: The Way You Make Me Feel
Dangerous: Gone Too Soon
HIStory: Childhoood
Blood On The Dance Floor: none
Invincible:  none

Beware: unpopular opinions

Off The Wall: Girlfriend
Thriller: This one is quite hard but... The Girl Is Mine
Bad: The Way You Make Me Feel
Dangerous: Who Is It
Blood On The Dance Floor: Superfly Sister (Ii the remixes are not part of the choice)
Invincible: Privacy or maybe Butterflies... or maybe 2000 watts... can't decide.

Last edited:
Off The Wall: It's The Falling In Love
Thriller: The Girl Is Mine (too hard to choose)

Off the Wall: “Rock with You”
Thriller: “P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)”
Bad: “Just Good Friends”
Dangerous: “Gone Too Soon”
HIStory: “Smile”
Blood on the Dance Floor: “Morphine” *
Invincible: “Heaven Can Wait”

* I love this song, but it’s the one I listen to the least out of the five. It’s a song I need to be in the mood for.

Dangerous: Will You Be There
HIStory: Little Susie
BOTDF: Is It Scary (i couldn't chose any other, i actually love all the new tracks in BOTDF. But obviously, i can't just go and say "all the remixes are my least favorite." That's cheating lol)
Invincible: The Lost Children (really hard choice between this, Cry, Don't Walk Away and Speechless.)

One thing i could gather from this forum is: most MJ fans aren't NJS fans it seems, which is ironic considering how many of those same people actually consider Dangerous their favorite album.

Off the Wall: Girlfriend
Dangerous: Heal The World
BOTDF: Superfly Sister
Invincible: Privacy
Michael: Breaking News
Xscape: DYKWYCA

I am SCREAMING at this thread. Jesus, take the wheel.

Ok. I'm going to attempt this.

Off the Wall: A month ago I would have said "Burn this Disco Out" but I'm in love with it right now. So I guess "Girlfriend"? It's adorable and I actually love that song. But I barely listen to it lately.

Thriller: The Girl Is Mine... I say this so begrudgingly, because I TGIM holds a special place in my mexico-deposition-riddled heart.

Bad: Speed Demon... by far the song I listen to the least, although the new Chris Liepe video on the vocals has given me a brand new love for it

Dangerous: Gone too Soon... SUCH a beautiful song. But I almost never listen to it.

HIStory: D.S... still waiting to fall in love with it, tbh.

BOTDF: idk, man. any of those lame ass remixes lol.

Invincible: Probably Invincible or Privacy. I still haven't spent significant time with Invincible, the album, though.

One thing i could gather from this forum is: most MJ fans aren't NJS fans it seems, which is ironic considering how many of those same people actually consider Dangerous their favorite album.
I don't think most fans are posting on this site, lol. As far as the people here, that's proven by the common comment that Can't Let Her Get Away, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, & She Drives Me Wild are said to be "filler" or should be removed. Those songs are the ones that sound the most like typical NJS that was on the radio and less "Jacksonized". She Drives Me Wild even has Wreckx-n-Effect, who had a few hits in the USA like Rump Shaker. One of the members of that group is Teddy Riley's brother. Those 3 songs were also played on R&B radio at the time as album tracks and were on Soul Train too. The Jacksons performed Can't Let Her Get Away in their concerts. I think NJS was mostly a USA thing like country music. Bobby Brown is the biggest selling NJS act and I don't think he's mentioned much here.

HIStory: This Time Around
Blood On The Dance Floor: Pick any remix.. Except the HIStory remix, that's a pretty good one
Invincible: Privacy

Off The Wall: She’s Out Of My Life
Thriller: none, I refuse to vote
Bad: I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
Dangerous: Keep The Faith
Blood On The Dance Floor: Blood On The Dance Floor
Invincible:  Threatened

Because I have respect for MJ, I'm gonna list all his albums:

Got to Be There: Girl Don't Take Your Love from Me
Ben: Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day
Music & Me: Euphoria
Forever, Michael: JALBOY
Off The Wall: She's Out of My Life (only because the live versions ruin it)
Thriller: The Girl Is Mine (I like the song though)
Bad: definitely Just Good Friends
Dangerous: used to be HTW or Dangerous, not it's probably RTT
HIStory: YANA
Invincible:  Break of Dawn, followed by Cry

BOTDF: Is It Scary (i couldn't chose any other, i actually love all the new tracks in BOTDF. But obviously, i can't just go and say "all the remixes are my least favorite." That's cheating lol)
Invincible: The Lost Children (really hard choice between this, Cry, Don't Walk Away and Speechless.)

Like those dweebs on TikTok who said every song sounds the same.

Even though I listened to all of the Motown albums in full two days ago, I barely remember most of the songs on the album. They're that forgettable.

Off the Wall: "Girlfriend"
Thriller: "The Girl is Mine"
Bad: "Just Good Friends"
Dangerous: "Can't Let Her Get Away" or "She Drives Me Wild"
History: "Come Together" (because it has absolutely no place on the album as it was released years before. Of the songs that were actually recorded for the album, I would say "Little Susie")
Invincible: "Privacy"

Last edited:
OTW: She's out of my life
Thriller: Thriller.
Bad: Dirty Diana 👀
HIStory: I would've said You Are Not Alone, but it's probably 2 Bad.
Invincible: Speechless, easily.

Even though I listened to all of the Motown albums in full two days ago, I barely remember most of the songs on the album. They're that forgettable.

C’mon you didn’t even give it a chance 😀
You’re listening to the entire catalogue in a couple of days like it’s a chore. Listening to the most beautiful voice in pop history is not assembly line work, let it simmer and grow and grow on you over the course of weeks or better months.

Motown songs are not forgettable, that is a really bad take. They were experts in writing catchy pop/soul music, they were hit machines. Super calculated but it worked

Just speaking my mind here, I’m not judging but you cannot give an opinion on just 1 listen imo

C’mon you didn’t even give it a chance 😀
You’re listening to the entire catalogue in a couple of days like it’s a chore. Listening to the most beautiful voice in pop history is not assembly line work, let it simmer and grow and grow on you over the course of weeks or better months.

Motown songs are not forgettable, that is a really bad take. They were experts in writing catchy pop/soul music, they were hit machines. Super calculated but it worked

Just speaking my mind here, I’m not judging but you cannot give an opinion on just 1 listen imo
I'm judging him. He's one of those fairweather fans for sure. That or just your average trap listener.

Motown songs are not forgettable, that is a really bad take.

Most of them are, yeah. The albums are basically just hits and filler.

They were experts in writing catchy pop/soul music, they were hit machines. Super calculated but it worked

Eventually, not as well, given their declining success. MJ was only 11-17 during his time at Motown; his music obviously isn't gonna be groundbreaking or anything at that point. He was too young to make amazing music on his own and he can't shine very brightly if other people are holding his and, especially when the songs they're making for him are just part of an assembly line. MJ's solo albums before Off the Wall are just generic Motown soul albums. That sound was fine on some songs like "I Wanna Be Where You Are" and "Got to Be There", but it quickly got dated and I don't recall him branching out to other genres like disco or funk on his later solo albums on Motown like the Jackson 5 did on their later records, so the music never really gets interesting. I found myself enjoying Get It Together, Dancing Machine and Moving Violation, but not so much any of MJ's solo Motown albums.

And to be honest, none of the Jackson 5 or Jacksons albums before Destiny are that interesting, either. They just started off as a generic Motown soul and later turned into a generic Philly soul and disco group. They didn't start to significantly improve until they were allowed to write the bulk of their own material on Destiny, even if they had a ton of help producing the album.

Last edited:
pfunk-sir-nose.gif

Thriller: Baby be Mine
Invincible:  2000 Watts

Thriller: The Lady In My Life
Dangerous: Cant Let Her Get Away
HIStory: Childhood
BOTDF: Superfly Sister
Invincible: Many to choose from :(
Michael: Obviously the 3 fake ones…also not a fan of Best Of Joy.
Xscape: DYKWYCA…..love the leaked 2010 mix but not the one on Xscape,simply awful.
Demo is ok.

Back