Lets Discuss BAD concerts footage and what may have been shot on film ?

If they have the 35mm film of the tour, and they want to really gets people's attention, they need to turn it into a massive feature film that's run in theaters and which would could be promo in it's self for the uncut blu ray release. I can only imagine how it would look in that quality.

A theatrical event would boost sales anything Bad related. I can guarantee that it would crowd the movie theaters.

If they have the 35mm film of the tour, and they want to really gets people's attention, they need to turn it into a massive feature film that's run in theaters and which would could be promo in it's self for the uncut blu ray release. I can only imagine how it would look in that quality.

every time I see MITM Moonwalker & APOM BAD25.. I feel cheated! just like everyone else I imagine? I agree with you, and with the DTS-HD audio they could create like they did with the film reel mixes from Minneapolis.. it would be divine! anything from Michael in High Definition makes me wish for more. It was said that the films were catalogued last year after BAD25, I have my doubts on whether they will release it but I'm never giving up hope! A theatrical Feature film is indeed possible, even if it doesn't get a theatrical release (which it should) but exclusively released for us fans? because to the public, wembley is enough for most people. I have 716 Photo's including rehearsals from the Tour! how about a Hardback book with information from the Tour? but more in depth! maybe with a few pop outs and Memirobilia? like in the treasures Book that was released! crew papers, Various Passses, make the most of the opportunity of this release! they can do so much, I hope John McClain will be the leader of this project if it does eventually happen though! he appears to me that he cares much more about Michael's vision and integrity than Branca does. Of course it's my opinion but honestly, that's how I feel.

Last edited:
I found an article about the Aintree '88 show. Its very Positive : http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/national-news/124979-michael-jackson-concert-at-aintree-1988.html

"Although it was that boogie 21 years ago attracted Liverpool crowd's to Aintree racecourse in 1988 when he brought his Bad Tour to town.

*****mania hit Merseyside on September 11 and crowds watched in amazement as he sealed his status as one of the world's greatest showmen.

For the lucky few who attended they were treated to pure theatre.

His military precise dance routines, combined with a series of illusions and explosions saw ***** at his best delivering two hours of sheer exuberance.

One fan, Eileen McDermott, 37 who watched the gig as a young teenager says that the concert was as memorable as her wedding day.

Eileen said: "The show was astounding.

"I had never seen anything like that before or since.

"He danced none stop for two hours and had the most fantastic voice.

"But above all he was a showman, he gave 100 per cent effort and his stamina never wained once through-out the two hours he was on stage.

"I was 16 at the time but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

"I was a massive Michael Jackson fan, I had all his posters on my wall and knew all the words to his music.

"I still count it as one of the best days of my life along with my wedding day.

"I remember being so excited, all the way through. It was really emotional.

"I can't believe he is gone, but I am glad that I am one of the lucky few around the world who got to see him live. "

His Bad tour was Jackson's most successful ever, setting records which have never been broken.

More than a million people including Princess Diana went to pay homage to the King of Pop at the sell out concerts which took place all over the country and the whole country was captivated by him.

Everywhere he went there was hysteria. Crowds camped outside Aintree racecourse for days in advance so fans could grab the best spot when the doors flung open.

There were even suggestions at the time that 300 fans were crushed after people scaled the fence and caused a panic.

Take a look at our amazing picture gallery fro memories of that night in 1988."
Sounds like an epic show. If you read the comments I believe the one person who was allowed on stage posted too.

Great review! I really hope they are already planning of releasing the concerts that are on film on Blu-Ray.

Please Estate! :)

Could the spin around 3:05 in this amateur video

be the blue shirt spin from Moonwalker Man in the Mirror? 4:32

Michael starts from the same position and he ends up facing the band after it. Just wondering.

be the blue shirt spin from the Moonwalker Man in the Mirror? 4:32

Michael starts from the same position and he ends up facing the band after it. Just wondering.

Again, warren eagles confirmed that two of the 5 wembley shows performed in July of 1988 were shot on 16/35mm film! Richard Lecocq, who works at Legacy Recording's France also desires a Bad tour Blu-Ray in the future.. so i know at some point it will happen.

Again, warren eagles confirmed that two of the 5 wembley shows performed in July of 1988 were shot on 16/35mm film! Richard Lecocq, who works at Legacy Recording's France also desires a Bad tour Blu-Ray in the future.. so i know at some point it will happen.

Was I saying that a Wembley concert wasn't shot on film? No. I was just wondering that could the spin in Moonwalker be the one from that amateur recording. :)

Was I saying that a Wembley concert wasn't shot on film? No. I was just wondering that could the spin in Moonwalker be the one from that amateur recording. :)

it's very possible, there's some July 23rd footage from APOM featured in the official short film also! there's High Def aintree footage in MITM moonwalker too! Aintree is also on film :D

be the blue shirt spin from Moonwalker Man in the Mirror? 4:32

It's the same spin :) I remember making a juxtaposed comparison of this many years ago :)

We need a collectors label so several shows (film/tape) can be released for the hardcore and average fan.
I mean, wouldn't it be awesome if the estate had an online store or server with every BAD concert and you simply download/purchase the show you like. No more waiting for leaks, no more relying on collectors/traders. Simple and straight forward. Of course this will never happen. My point is more live material needs to be released by the estate. The proof is out there. The Bad tour on film would make the estate $$ and the fans :)

We need a collectors label so several shows (film/tape) can be released for the hardcore and average fan.
I mean, wouldn't it be awesome if the estate had an online store or server with every BAD concert and you simply download/purchase the show you like. No more waiting for leaks, no more relying on collectors/traders. Simple and straight forward. Of course this will never happen. My point is more live material needs to be released by the estate. The proof is out there. The Bad tour on film would make the estate $$ and the fans :)

I am 100% sure that if the BAD World Tour is released in cinema's, it would make so much more money than this is it! it deserves to be promoted, there should be tv commercials, competitions, newspaper clipping's, articles, radio advertising, Well crafted trailers etc.! Show the world Michael's genius on stage, the experience would be incredible.. Just a thought! A Blu-Ray of the second leg would complete my life!

As Bonus features they could include the 1988 Rehearsals that were shot on 5-6 Beta Tapes, they could be upscaled & featured on a second disc including around the world footage that was filmed also, for example setting up the stadium, Michael walking with security guards to the stadium etc. It's the High Def Tour i'm most wanting, let's hope it happens.

Are there any 1988 concerts that don't have Jimmy Safechuck in them? After the way he betrayed Michael I don't want to see him on any future DVD/Blu Ray releases

Are there any 1988 concerts that don't have Jimmy Safechuck in them? After the way he betrayed Michael I don't want to see him on any future DVD/Blu Ray releases

He shouldn't be the reason that a tour blu ray is abandoned, the public should be exposed to Michael's genius in the highest possible clarity... i know i may sound rude, but we all deserve to see those shows, no matter who is in them.

He shouldn't be the reason that a tour blu ray is abandoned, the public should be exposed to Michael's genius in the highest possible clarity... i know i may sound rude, but we all deserve to see those shows, no matter who is in them.

Seeing him on screen just makes me angry

And I'm not saying that Bad Tour 88 shouldn't be released. What I'm saying is that I'd rather have a concert that doesn't include that back stabbing piece of shit

Last edited:
Seeing him on screen just makes me angry

And I'm not saying that Bad Tour 88 shouldn't be released. What I'm saying is that I'd rather have a concert that doesn't include that back stabbing piece of shit

I Googled his name and another accusation?? Are you serious?? Are these people that hungry for $$$? I only knew of Wade and now Jimmy? Now I agree with you. Edit him out of the show...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Safechuck is in all Bad Tour shows. Didn't he only appear on stage in LA?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Safechuck is in all Bad Tour shows. Didn't he only appear on stage in LA?

he appeared in all second leg shows i believe, it's stupid to request him get edited out.. it should be left unaltered.. fans know the truth.

he appeared in all second leg shows i believe

Ugh, that's too bad then. :(

Yes, we know the truth, but I hate to see him now. But then Wade is in Black or White and Jam (supposedly also in Heal The World, but I never noticed him there).

Ugh, that's too bad then. :(

Yes, we know the truth, but I hate to see him now. But then Wade is in Black or White and Jam (supposedly also in Heal The World, but I never noticed him there).

James/Jimmy Scha****? thinks he has evidence with this, but he doesn't have anything at all to go by! He also appeared in the Tokyo 1988 shows :/ he is only on screen for around 50 seconds.. plus, when we do get a blu ray.. we could request different camera angles..

just because we've seen vhs transfers doesn't mean that all the 1989 shows were only on tape.

Seems likely to be true. What is your source?

I'm skeptical on LA because if it were shot on film, why wasn't any of it used for Promotion ? ('89 Soultrain awards, The ONE .etc)
Every source that we have seen so far comes from tape.

Tape, film, I have to honor my source(s). I know it is skeptical but I want to put it out there that it was transferred from film to a VHS for Michael, and it has not been found as far as I know.

Tape, film, I have to honor my source(s). I know it is skeptical but I want to put it out there that it was transferred from film to a VHS for Michael, and it has not been found as far as I know.

When was the last time you contacted your source? Because Richard Lecocq said he looked over the archive catalog and that it listed the shows shot on film.. it is interesting regarding the shows that you listed, and it will be something i hope will get released on Blu-Ray in the future..

I was reading some stuff. The first and last LA shows were shot. Guess what NYC show was shot?

I would absolutely love it if the first MSG show was shot on film? please tell me it was.. a Blu-Ray of that show in the future would be the most perfect release of all time!

Back