Lets Discuss BAD concerts footage and what may have been shot on film ?

tokyo red shirt looks like it could be on film, up to rock with you was shown in the 1987 bad company footage :)

It is film. But most likely it was specially shot footage by Molly Meldrum's crew. It's likely there isn't more of that than those featured songs. At least no more from the Bad Company source. I dunno if MJ shot this concert on film for his own needs.

It is film. But most likely it was specially shot footage by Molly Meldrum's crew. It's likely there isn't more of that than those featured songs. At least no more from the Bad Company source. I dunno if MJ shot this concert on film for his own needs.

pretty sure he shot a fair few of shows on film, aintree is one of them, and theyve been catalogued and identified last year, it'd be interesting to know how many he commissioned but im fairly sure their is one complete concert from 1987 and 1988. possibly 1989 too, but that's unlikely.

Always I wondered: why there is a big poster writes the cities names... I think they were filming all and if they make something wrong with making catalogue, they can find which concert is.

rf1wv.png

Those were never used in Rome to Gothenburg until they started using these banners on the lighting tower in Paris. I'm kind curious about them too, but I guess they wanna show the name of each city Michael is performing. He did the same for each Dangerous & HIStory Tour shows for each locations.

Those were never used in Rome to Gothenburg until they started using these banners on the lighting tower in Paris. I'm kind curious about them too, but I guess they wanna show the name of each city Michael is performing. He did the same for each Dangerous & HIStory Tour shows for each locations.

main reason is possibly for the filmed on the road documentary that was filmed for some european dates, the footage looks beautiful, i hope we get a full show (which does exist) on blu ray in the near future, hopefully the first release in 2018 if they decide a fan collectors label :)

Right now i think our main focus should be getting a 1988 show or a 1989 show on Blu ray. We can focus on the 87 shows later but 88/89 should be the main focus

main reason is possibly for the filmed on the road documentary that was filmed for some european dates, the footage looks beautiful, i hope we get a full show (which does exist) on blu ray in the near future, hopefully the first release in 2018 if they decide a fan collectors label :)

There is no reason to wait that long so 2015 would be better. I don't want to wait 5 years. :)

There is no reason to wait that long so 2015 would be better. I don't want to wait 5 years. :)

their's a rumour that the next two projects are a new album and a history re release, not sure if their is any truth in that though. dangerous 25 2016, ghosts *i hope* 2017, BAD Tour 88' Blu Ray and Moonwalker 30th deluxe edition and cinema release 2018. sounds most likely, but the fact all the patrick kelley footage is in michael's archive identified and catalogued, makes it a lot easier for a blu ray release now. so i hope to get one of those shows as soon as possible :)

their's a rumour that the next two projects are a new album and a history re release, not sure if their is any truth in that though. dangerous 25 2016, ghosts *i hope* 2017, BAD Tour 88' Blu Ray and Moonwalker 30th deluxe edition and cinema release 2018. sounds most likely, but the fact all the patrick kelley footage is in michael's archive identified and catalogued, makes it a lot easier for a blu ray release now. so i hope to get one of those shows as soon as possible :)

John Branca mentioned during the screening of Bad 25 that he wants to release History tour in 3D in near future. Which is obviously Munich, can't be anything else.

Why are you saying re-release? History tour has never been released on first hand. Only the Seoul '96 VHS, but I don't think we count that.

John Branca mentioned during the screening of Bad 25 that he wants to release History tour in 3D in near future. Which is obviously Munich, can't be anything else.

Why are you saying re-release? History tour has never been released on first hand. Only the Seoul '96 VHS, but I don't think we count that.

i meant the history release as a whole, their's a rumour that the album is being released soon with the history tour in munich, in 3d. hoping it's the unedited july 4th show with michael's live vocals mixed from the multitracks for some song's. including the 20 minute intro of fans arriving in the stadium. bad tour 88-89 blu ray is what i want most, especially now we know the pk footage is identified and catalogued in the archive.

Lots of fans objected to the HIStory tour being released in 3D for the simple fact that having MJ on the big screen lip syncing 90% of the concert will do more harm than good to his reputation as a live performer

and it's Munich. The worst show on the HIStory tour

To be completely realistic, the chances of a Bad tour related project in the near future is slim to none. BUT, if we have a collectors label it might be a different story.
This is my dream of concert releases :
Bad Tour '87 : Brisbane with Stevie winder (regardless of format) OR Red shirt if filmed completely
Bad Tour 88: (ANY ENTIRELY FILMED SHOW) OR BAD Tour L.A DVD

Again, completely unlikely unless we see a collectors label of some kind which will appeal to the fans not the general public...

The Brisbane version of Bad with Stevie Wonder should have been on the Wembley DVD, instead of the Yokohama version of Bad.

most profitable concert tour releases would be the victory, bad and dangerous tours. those showed Michael at the peak of his performing career, and i hope for a blu ray release of each of them in the next 10 years at least. michael's magic needs to be showcased worldwide in the best quality, i really hope they make it happen, for the fans.

Question is if the film reels of Aintree 1988 exist then why didn't the estate release that on Blu ray for Bad 25 instead of Wembley? Did they not have the Aintree film reels at the time or did they choose Wembley because that's what the fans were asking for?

Also does the estate have Aintree in their possession now?

Question is if the film reels of Aintree 1988 exist then why didn't the estate release that on Blu ray for Bad 25 instead of Wembley? Did they not have the Aintree film reels at the time or did they choose Wembley because that's what the fans were asking for?

Also does the estate have Aintree in their possession now?

the film reels for the 1988-1989 bad world tour were catalogued and identified after the release of bad25 last year, this is including all the footage patrick kelley and his crew shot from the tour. including aintree.. it's unfortunate they were found after when they could've been released but we just gotta hope now that they will release a blu ray of this HIStoric tour in due time

the film reels for the 1988-1989 bad world tour were catalogued and identified after the release of bad25 last year, this is including all the footage patrick kelley and his crew shot from the tour. including aintree.. it's unfortunate they were found after when they could've been released but we just gotta hope now that they will release a blu ray of this HIStoric tour in due time

So does this mean that all of the film reels from 1988-1989 have been found or have only a few been found?

So does this mean that all of the film reels from 1988-1989 have been found or have only a few been found?

''all the bad tour materials shot by patrick kelley''

page 15 post 220 for more information

They should have all the film material that was shot during the Bad Tour. I think Estate should contact Patrick Kelly and ask for help if they need it. Full concert needs to be released in HD. Liverpool(Aintree) would be my first choice but any concert would be great.

For selfish reasons i'd like Cardiff to be released as it's in my own country, but i agree that any show from 1988 or 1989 will do.

For selfish reasons i'd like Cardiff to be released as it's in my own country, but i agree that any show from 1988 or 1989 will do.

i agree with all of you on what you're saying, im happy the estate have all the footage shot on film catalogued and identified (available to them) do you think they'd ever release it though?

I would looooove the see some footage from Gothenburg in HD :)

it really does depend on which shows are on film, if patrick gave this tour the same treatment as the victory tour then i'd say their are 5-6 shows from the second leg on film.. i think we should request a blu ray of any 1988-1989 show to avoid dissapointment again :) but yes, gothenburg is fantastic too :)

I'm also a fan of Bon Jovi, and I'm always jealous to see concert footage of Bon Jovi from all of their tours. Why can't we have MJ concerts from all of his concerts?

i agree with all of you on what you're saying, im happy the estate have all the footage shot on film catalogued and identified (available to them) do you think they'd ever release it though?
It would be a very big undertaking and quite expensive. Depends on their love, dedication and passion for the subject, which I question.

I watched Yokohama several times recently and I have to say I LOVE that concert very much and I feel Michael was in a better shape than in Wembley. I know a lot of fans are against it but I'd love it if it had a DVD/Blue-ray release.

How's about a double disk? Aintree on Blu Ray/HQ DVD and L.A on HQ DVD?

Or a triple disk would be even better

Disk 1 - Yokohama 1987 Blu Ray (If possible) and HQ DVD
Disk 2 - Aintree 1988 Blu Ray and HQ DVD
Disk 3 - L.A 1989 HQ DVD

I think it would be awesome to have a Bad Tour show from 87, 88 and 89

Great idea.

Montreal show wasn't actually in the tour. Their tour had ended already. But then they got the idea of concert film and they had to arrange all equipment etc specifically. Read more about it in detail here, interesting story actually how it came to be.
http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssboct07b.html

They shot Budapest because it was the first major west rock event behind the Iron Curtain. So they took all the film cameras available in the country at that moment.

As a Hungarian, as far as I know the idea of filming it was the Hungarian party's idea. They also provided all the equipment and staff for that, not Queen. So yeah, it was a completely different situation.

As a Hungarian, as far as I know the idea of filming it was the Hungarian party's idea. They also provided all the equipment and staff for that, not Queen. So yeah, it was a completely different situation.

Ya, I never even said it was Queen's idea. And you're right. Hence all the equipment was Hungarian.

P.S. did you mean "staff" or "stuff"?

Zakk I trust what you 100%, but who confirmed they found film after the release? Did any fans talk directly with the estate?

I think if there is anyone willing to go through all of the film, it would be Spike Lee he seems to be really loyal to Mike and willing to give 100% effort in keeping his legacy alive.

Thanks, Zakk!

Back