Lets Discuss BAD concerts footage and what may have been shot on film ?

Zakk I trust what you 100%, but who confirmed they found film after the release? Did any fans talk directly with the estate?

I think if there is anyone willing to go through all of the film, it would be Spike Lee he seems to be really loyal to Mike and willing to give 100% effort in keeping his legacy alive.

Thanks, Zakk!

''they were not identified, nor catalogued until last year'' ''all the bad tour materials filmed by patrick kelley'' it was david powell who confirmed this, as well as aintree being shot in full on film. he was the sound recording engineer for the 2 wembley dates of july 1988 (15th & 16th.) you can read his post in full on page 15, post 220. it really is pretty interesting that they were in the archives all along, i wasn't expecting that to be the case.. not at all. so i guess we can just hope that they will release a blu ray of this tour in the future *keeping fingers crossed* and yes, spike was given access to the entire archive of BAD era footage for the documentary and i think that was at the early stages of the digitising process for the films! maybe spike spoke with the executors at the estate and told them the films were in need of urgent digitising? it can be done, with professionalism and love. i just hope they do give there all for the fans in the future.

I'd love to see Aintree released theatrically

only way the estate will release that show is if they use a close up for most of the first three song's, i don't think they'd want us to see the person getting medical help at the foot of the stage :cry: maybe that or they'll just crop it! but the show is a story so i'd watch it regardless for sure

only way the estate will release that show is if they use a close up for most of the first three song's, i don't think they'd want us to see the person getting medical help at the foot of the stage :cry: maybe that or they'll just crop it! but the show is a story so i'd watch it regardless for sure

I wouldn't care if they chose the best performance from each of the locations that the have film for I just want to see Michael in HD.!

And thanks for the info from my other response... I appreciate it!

They can use other shots than close ups too:

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r560/Galactus123/vlcsnap-2013-07-30-12h00m37s205_zps864f371d.png
http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/G...-2012-10-23-10h36m43s172_zpscddf92ab.png.html

From camera angles like that you couldn't see that.

I wouldn't care if they chose the best performance from each of the locations that the have film for I just want to see Michael in HD.!

And thanks for the info from my other response... I appreciate it!

you're welcome, and i agree with you of course. but it would be a better viewing experience to use one of the full shows that are on film, but a retrospective from feb 88' - jan. 89' would be cool!

My Conversation with Colourist Warren Eagles, who worked for Patrick Kelley on the 1988 BAD World Tour. Here is his "proof" that the two wembley shows he wrote the article about were Filmed & Edited:

"@ImSoBIue: @warreneagles Please, let me ask you just one thing Warren?"

"@warreneagles: @ImSoBIue Sure"

"@ImSoBIue: @warreneagles in your article regarding your work for the two wembley Bad tour shows, did you witness the screening of those full shows?"

"@warreneagles: @ImSoBIue Yes I was at one of the shows. They were filmed and edited. No idea why they have never been released?"

Source:*https://twitter.com/warreneagles/status/376337278508888064"

tumblr_monlooc03d1s0ih7po1_400.gif

Whoa! Where is the footage??? Maybe he means edits on a 1" tape.

they were edited on film! they are on film and I'm glad I have been given confirmation. but the film
reels were edited for release. meaning they are stored together somewhere. I believe in the estate's archive with the other footage shot by Patrick Kelley's crew!

I also tweeted Warren Eagle before BAD 25 was released I don't remember what I asked but these were his responses

the 16 & 35mm films should be available stored together in the archive then.

My Conversation with Colourist Warren Eagles, who worked for Patrick Kelley on the 1988 BAD World Tour. Here is his "proof" that the two wembley shows he wrote the article about were Filmed & Edited:

"@ImSoBIue: @warreneagles Please, let me ask you just one thing Warren?"

"@warreneagles: @ImSoBIue Sure"

"@ImSoBIue: @warreneagles in your article regarding your work for the two wembley Bad tour shows, did you witness the screening of those full shows?"

"@warreneagles: @ImSoBIue Yes I was at one of the shows. They were filmed and edited. No idea why they have never been released?

Source:*https://twitter.com/warreneagles/status/376337278508888064"

I also tweeted Warren Eagle before BAD 25 was released I don't remember what I asked but these were his responses
They should take the original film reels and edit them again so they can make it HD. Bad Tour concert on Blu-Ray would be the best release ever! :)

They should take the original film reels and edit them again so they can make it HD. Bad Tour concert on Blu-Ray would be the best release ever! :)

I agree with you bro! I hope they do it with love and don't just release the Umatics! you think now after theyve digitised them.. they'll use the film reels?

could you post all of this joint together with your message in the submission thread dude? :)

Glad to hear this ! Now, we just need a proper release date.

how about Wembley + Aintree Blu-Ray with Wembley July 15th CD (Also Including Reproduction of WBSS 87' Tour Jacket and Aintree Show Ticket, Programme, Scarf, Belt Buckle, Badges, Stickers, Poster + mini Replica Mic)? :)

At this point i really don't care. ANY 1988 concert will do

At this point i really don't care. ANY 1988 concert will do

neither do I, but I can get those thing's made myself :D hehe, I wouldn't mind if it's an 89' show on Blu-Ray either! with Dirty Diana from 88' film reel as a bonus

I found an article about the Aintree '88 show. Its very Positive : http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/national-news/124979-michael-jackson-concert-at-aintree-1988.html

"Although it was that boogie 21 years ago attracted Liverpool crowd's to Aintree racecourse in 1988 when he brought his Bad Tour to town.

*****mania hit Merseyside on September 11 and crowds watched in amazement as he sealed his status as one of the world's greatest showmen.

For the lucky few who attended they were treated to pure theatre.

His military precise dance routines, combined with a series of illusions and explosions saw ***** at his best delivering two hours of sheer exuberance.

One fan, Eileen McDermott, 37 who watched the gig as a young teenager says that the concert was as memorable as her wedding day.

Eileen said: "The show was astounding.

"I had never seen anything like that before or since.

"He danced none stop for two hours and had the most fantastic voice.

"But above all he was a showman, he gave 100 per cent effort and his stamina never wained once through-out the two hours he was on stage.

"I was 16 at the time but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

"I was a massive Michael Jackson fan, I had all his posters on my wall and knew all the words to his music.

"I still count it as one of the best days of my life along with my wedding day.

"I remember being so excited, all the way through. It was really emotional.

"I can't believe he is gone, but I am glad that I am one of the lucky few around the world who got to see him live. "

His Bad tour was Jackson's most successful ever, setting records which have never been broken.

More than a million people including Princess Diana went to pay homage to the King of Pop at the sell out concerts which took place all over the country and the whole country was captivated by him.

Everywhere he went there was hysteria. Crowds camped outside Aintree racecourse for days in advance so fans could grab the best spot when the doors flung open.

There were even suggestions at the time that 300 fans were crushed after people scaled the fence and caused a panic.

Take a look at our amazing picture gallery fro memories of that night in 1988."
Sounds like an epic show. If you read the comments I believe the one person who was allowed on stage posted too.

I found an article about the Aintree '88 show. Its very Positive : http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/national-news/124979-michael-jackson-concert-at-aintree-1988.html

"Although it was that boogie 21 years ago attracted Liverpool crowd's to Aintree racecourse in 1988 when he brought his Bad Tour to town.

*****mania hit Merseyside on September 11 and crowds watched in amazement as he sealed his status as one of the world's greatest showmen.

For the lucky few who attended they were treated to pure theatre.

His military precise dance routines, combined with a series of illusions and explosions saw ***** at his best delivering two hours of sheer exuberance.

One fan, Eileen McDermott, 37 who watched the gig as a young teenager says that the concert was as memorable as her wedding day.

Eileen said: "The show was astounding.

"I had never seen anything like that before or since.

"He danced none stop for two hours and had the most fantastic voice.

"But above all he was a showman, he gave 100 per cent effort and his stamina never wained once through-out the two hours he was on stage.

"I was 16 at the time but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

"I was a massive Michael Jackson fan, I had all his posters on my wall and knew all the words to his music.

"I still count it as one of the best days of my life along with my wedding day.

"I remember being so excited, all the way through. It was really emotional.

"I can't believe he is gone, but I am glad that I am one of the lucky few around the world who got to see him live. "

His Bad tour was Jackson's most successful ever, setting records which have never been broken.

More than a million people including Princess Diana went to pay homage to the King of Pop at the sell out concerts which took place all over the country and the whole country was captivated by him.

Everywhere he went there was hysteria. Crowds camped outside Aintree racecourse for days in advance so fans could grab the best spot when the doors flung open.

There were even suggestions at the time that 300 fans were crushed after people scaled the fence and caused a panic.

Take a look at our amazing picture gallery fro memories of that night in 1988."
Sounds like an epic show. If you read the comments I believe the one person who was allowed on stage posted too.

fantastic review! it would be fantastic to see this show on Blu-Ray someday. It's HIStorical. Michael's largest attendance ever right? seeing that in HD would be awesome! but honestly, I don't mind whih show they chooser if a Blu ray is ever released cos' nothing ever came close to this Tour and noting ever will! it was sublime and it deserves to be seen in the greatest of light's :)

Back