Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Someone in our facebook group had a chat with a studio staff shortly after Michaels passing.

Based on the guys vague memories on some unreleased songs it is possible that a song called "Apocalypse Now" is conected to "They Don't Care About Us" in some way.

The song "Going to Rio" seems to be based on a story what some of you might know as "The Life if Chico".

I refuse to believe that there's nothing releasable from the Invincible era, you mean to tell that with all the producers that worked on the album, all the titles and Get Your Weight Off Of Me is the only one that's releasable? There has to be a handful more from that era.

I refuse to believe that there's nothing releasable from the Invincible era, you mean to tell that with all the producers that worked on the album, all the titles and Get Your Weight Off Of Me is the only one that's releasable? There has to be a handful more from that era.
Angel and do you want me are full

Of course there was stuff releaseable but don’t forget how many of those songs are already released

(I like) the way you love me
chicago
we’ve had enough
shout
another day
xscape
A place with no name
blue gangsta
one more chance
fall again

I believe most of these largely completed songs were recorded post history pre Invincible
And now it seems can’t get your weight off of me is one of the very final pieces left.

The song "Going to Rio" seems to be based on a story what some of you might know as "The Life if Chico".
Makes sense. Rio is located in South America and the boy's heading to the big city.

Damien put it best: there was a lot of releasable material, but most of it has leaked or was posthumously released.

Author Joseph Vogel writes, in his 'Man In The Music' book, that 'Deep In The Night' remained an unreleased track (from the 'Dangerous' album sessions).

It has also been said that the song has vocals on it (at least, the hook of it).

'Deep In The Night' has a duration of around 4 minutes.

'Deep In The Night' was one of the songs that Michael Jackson worked on with Bryan Loren for the 'Dangerous' album.

Michael Jackson apparently was not satisfied with 'Deep In The Night', hence the song's exclusion from the album.

Also, it appears that 'Jane Is A Groupie' has definitely more vocals on it.
CAn. You told me what Vogel said about .make or break .make a wish .men in black .Michael McKiller .Angel .do you want me .bio .babies smile .truth about youth turning me off .tomboy .crack kills and other unreleased .Damien said tomboy have no vocals I'm confused

Of course there was stuff releaseable but don’t forget how many of those songs are already released

chicago
we’ve had enough
shout
another day
xscape
A place with no name
blue gangsta
one more chance
fall again

I believe most of these largely completed songs were recorded post history pre Invincible
And now it seems can’t get your weight off of me is one of the very final pieces left.
Damien put it best: there was a lot of releasable material, but most of it has leaked or was posthumously released.
Oh yeah that's true, but still. There's a lot of titles out there that we still never heard of and I refuse to believe that out of all them GYWOOM is the only one that's releasable. There has to be another Darkchild track that's in a releasable state lol.

Do we have any information about „Turning Me Off“? This song kinda has to be finished/mostly finished as it was considered for Xscape, right? I think a tape of it was seen in the documentary of the album.
From Man in the Music:

Jackson wrote and recorded “Turning Me Off” during the Hayvenhurst sessions in early 1986. He worked on it primarily with John Barnes and Bill Bottrell. “It had some crazy sound combinations,” said Barnes. “It was kind of an Electronica sound—we had three different synthesizers we were using. The synths had enough punch that we left the bass out.” According to Matt Forger, it was “one of Michael’s edgier experiments. Very groove-oriented. It was quite an interesting track.” The song remains unreleased.

From Man in the Music:

Jackson wrote and recorded “Turning Me Off” during the Hayvenhurst sessions in early 1986. He worked on it primarily with John Barnes and Bill Bottrell. “It had some crazy sound combinations,” said Barnes. “It was kind of an Electronica sound—we had three different synthesizers we were using. The synths had enough punch that we left the bass out.” According to Matt Forger, it was “one of Michael’s edgier experiments. Very groove-oriented. It was quite an interesting track.” The song remains unreleased.
Thanks for the information. Sounds like a very interesting track. I hope MJ recorded his vocals!

Sounds like a great anthology album title to me 😎

Wonder what other tracks were recorded during these sessions.
Well....

Tomboy
Al Capone (both the released version and the unreleased one featuring voice samples from James Brown and Prince)
Free
I'm So Blue
Throwin' Your Life Away (if it was actually started during the Bad sessions)
Dirty Diana
What You Do To Me
Do You Know (Where Your Children Are)
Lovin' You
Buffalo Bill
Make Or Break
Streetwalker (not the 1987 or '88 versions)
Crack Kills
Price Of Fame
Cheater (if it was actually recorded in Hayvenhurst)
Don't Be Messin' Around
Saturday Woman (if it was created during the Bad sessions)
Abortion Papers

chicago
we’ve had enough
shout
another day
xscape
A place with no name
blue gangsta
one more chance
fall again

... you can also add from that era:

- Beautiful Girl
- Seeing Voices
- All In Your Name
- Hollywood Tonight

That's a whole new album of songs stemming from the Invincible era.
All of them officially released, only "Seeing Voices" leaked.

Including the 16 invincible album songs, that's 30 songs.

Off topic:
In hindsight it would have been better to take those 30 songs. re-shuffle & re-sequence them. And release them on three different albums, each consisting of 8-10 tracks and at a traditional LP length.

But that's a whole other topic.
Everybody is always harping on how great the OTW, Thriller & Bad albums are.
But dare I say: It's easier to make a perfect album of 9 songs, then making an equally flawless album consisting of 16 songs.
If you take Destiny & Thriller & compare it to Invincible, Invincible is already two albums in one.

Last edited:
Which '88 version of Streetwalker are you referring to?
That one that was released is actually a mix Bill Botrell did in 1988. The 1987 Quincy version features a western-type whistle at the beginning.

What about call it off and men in black .Michael McKiller . Turning me off
What you think about alright now and your the one
'Men in Black' is a complete and releasable song (with Michael Jackson's vocals on it).

Author Adrian Grant heard the song, and he particularly praised his vocals on the song.

Michael Jackson co-wrote 'Alright Now' for his 'Dangerous' album, but it is not known if he (vocally) recorded it.

There is also misinformation spread by @dethorro and @AlwaysThere, such as their false claim that Michael Jackson recorded vocals on a song (called 'Remember What I Told You') on June 19th, 2009.

Michael Jackson was in no position at all to function on a basic level on that day, let alone record vocals on a song.

Show director Kenny Ortega testified that on June 19th (2009) he sent the singer home because of his very bad mental and physical health.

"It was scary…I couldn't put my finger on it…Michael, is this the best place for you to be or do you want to go home and be with your family?" (Kenny Ortega)

Michael Jackson did absolutely nothing on that day, other than exhibiting a very strange behaviour which alarmed people close to him.

Can someone ask Damien if he's heard mjs version of why solo & also mjs solo version to joy?
Again, Why solo version does not exist, a recording engineer who was part of that session told me so, MJ just recorded his part and left.

There is also misinformation spread by @dethorro and @AlwaysThere, such as their false claim that Michael Jackson recorded vocals on a song (called 'Remember What I Told You') on June 19th, 2009.

Michael Jackson was in no position at all to function on a basic level on that day, let alone record vocals on a song.

Trying to play the Uno reverse card, I see. As usual, you're doing what you do best, taking information out of context and misrepresenting it. If you would have actually gone to the original thread and read everything myself and @AlwaysThere wrote, you would have seen the following:
"Remember What I Told You" was apparently recorded in a sound truck parked outside the Staples Center, at some point during between rehearsals. I'd absolutely LOVE to listen to it. There were some songs tracked at the Carolwood residence though -- to my understanding, "Water" (the real one, not the Cascio one) was done there.
The thing is that June 19th was one of the worst rehearsal days according to Kenny Ortega (btw they were still rehearsing at The Forum on that day), so it's interesting to know that he also recorded a song on this day.
In fairness, the person I spoke to seemed uncertain about that date in particular. It was definitely in June, so perhaps it was earlier and/or later. But definitely June!

As you can see, I was very well aware that June 19, 2009 was a very hard day for Michael and had my doubts that he would have recorded vocals on that day.

Michael Jackson did absolutely nothing on that day, other than exhibiting a very strange behaviour which alarmed people close to him.
Incorrect! He did try on many of the outfits Zaldy had made for him, on that day.

they didn't even bother to replace the Cascio songs.
glad they were removed, but give us legit songs at least?

So
'Men in Black' is a complete and releasable song (with Michael Jackson's vocals on it).

Author Adrian Grant heard the song, and he particularly praised his vocals on the song.

Michael Jackson co-wrote 'Alright Now' for his 'Dangerous' album, but it is not known if he (vocally) recorded it.

Show director Kenny Ortega testified that on June 19th (2009) he sent the singer home because of his very bad mental and physical health.

"It was scary…I couldn't put my finger on it…Michael, is this the best place for you to be or do you want to go home and be with your family?" (Kenny Ortega)

So men in black that exist in YouTube not finished .what about tomboy . .Neverland landing and make a wish .make or break .turning me off and .crack kills .what joe Vogel said

Last edited:
Back