Love Never Felt So Good: The Official Music Video Is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. Talk about underwhelming. This formula is getting tiresome. The Blue Gangsta MJ/Cirque video was much better.

As a posthumous film clip recording footage would be amazing. What about using that footage we know Jerkins showed to Bieber. Maybe it has Michael recording Escape.

1,272,528 views in less than 12 hours. Does these views counts towards billboard charts too?

My radio station Magic 101.3 give thumb up on the video Love Never Felt So Good with Michael and Justin

That makes me happy :clap: :clap: :clap:

They incorporated Michael clips in the video because that is what fans requested more clips/footage of MJ. So they had to come up with a concept to make this more interesting and part of todays culture and dancing.

LOL, what?!

I like it. JT is a classy guy,one of the few good ones. Mj would approve. We got to get this to number one is the U.S

I wish they would explore the "space theme" from the album cover. The album commercial was great. I hope for something more in that line for the next one ;)

Is anyone else tired of seeing stock footage of classic short films being shoehorned into these newer music videos? I realize that they have a limited amount of footage of MJ from his older days and he unfortunately can't appear in these things anymore, but I say just let the new music speak for itself instead of relying on old footage that we've all seen a million times before.

Because the vast majority of people do not want to see what you are describing.

Yes, hardcore MJ fans want to see your version, but how many are there, for instance, in the UK?

'Xscape' sold just over 17,000 on the first day. I am pretty sure that most of that was hardcore MJ fans, as they will always get it on the very first day.

Now, that a (maximum) of 17,000 hardcore MJ fans in a population of about 65 million! The video HAS TO appeal to more than those hardcore fans. We already buy the album. Sony/The Estate want to attract many, many more customers. Otherwise they are wasting their time, and not doing their job of extending MJ's fan base, and making money for his children (yes, and themselves).

If a few hardcore fans don't like this video, but hundreds of thousands of casual/new fans do, so what? I will be happy if it attracts many new fans to MJ's albums - new and old - and most fans, well the unselfish ones, would probably feel the same.

I know Michael is not 'mine'. I know his music is not just for me. I know not everything is done for my approval and benefit. It a shame more can not realise that.

Now that you've said your piece. Let me ask, how many "new fans" did the video for Hollywood Tonight bring for the Michael album? Or what about video for Behind The Mask? OH! And Hold My Hand? The album didn't sell well period, soo, clearly those two videos didn't do much or appeal all that much to the casual fanbase. I don't think Etoile said anything about Michaels music being just for the hardcore fans, she said the video was simply boring, though she used more words than that to prove the point. And she's right, judging from the success of the past videos, in which they've used the same formula, its a proven, tired method, that doesn't seem to do all that well towards promotion of the album. That's all.

For the next music video, why won't the estate use the CGI footage MJ did for the Maestro's skeleton in Ghosts as a dance segment?

Now that you've said your piece. Let me ask, how many "new fans" did the video for Hollywood Tonight bring for the Michael album? Or what about video for Behind The Mask? OH! And Hold My Hand? The album didn't sell well period, soo, clearly those two videos didn't do much or appeal all that much to the casual fanbase. I don't think Etoile said anything about Michaels music being just for the hardcore fans, she said the video was simply boring, though she used more words than that to prove the point. And she's right, judging from the success of the past videos, in which they've used the same formula, its a proven, tired method, that doesn't seem to do all that well towards promotion of the album. That's all.

I think the lack of sales for those songs is down to much more than the quality of the video, don't you!?

:mello:

I like it - They incorporated Michael clips in the video because that is what fans requested more clips/footage of MJ. So they had to come up with a concept to make this more interesting and part of todays culture and dancing.

This is not just dancing in between random clips of Michael as a few have stated. It was very creative for the fact they included many iconic places and moments from MJ Short Films and allowed the dancers to interact with it as if they were actually there. Showing Michael's music and short films are timeless and we can still dance and enjoy ALL of it today, just as they were doing.... I appreciate that http://youtu.be/3Iw-vUBo7v4
I SO AGREE. Even tho I probably like Ushers better because of that strut down the runway and Dominic's from SYTYCD because of the spontaneous feel, this was homage at its finest.
Just like when I first saw Smooth Criminal and saw Fred and saw the end of Black and White and saw Gene on the cobblestone street, this dance made you see all the great dances before it. The turnstiles, the pool tables, the sidewalk lighting up, the morphing reference!!! I started crying.

I think the lack of sales for those songs is down to much more than the quality of the video, don't you!?

:mello:

The fan reactions (and not just the hardcore fans) had to do with it though. Who said it was the sole reason? It certainly was one of the factors. They just didn't help toward the sales of the album, I think that's pretty well documented.

Expect every posthumous video to be a similar video, unless some it's animated or a loose story based on the lyrics (like hollywood tonight).

Maybe if there's every studio footage of him recording a specific song, they'd do that too.
I'm fairly certain there's no video footage of recording LNFSG.

While he seemed to video his whole life, I doubt every single song he recorded has a video reference to it.

A song like STTR would make perfect sense without any mj image... It's about a woman, they could create the visualization for it... Xscape would make a good animated video... And I've mentioned a couple times that the dance footage never used for ghost could be used for a digital mj... Or even another way they could do xscape is only showing things mj leaves behind.. Let's say they are lookin for mj, and they alway Just miss him.. As mj xscapes!

Xscape, APWNN, or Chicago would all be good for an animated video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back