Love Never Felt So Good: The Official Music Video Is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Love Never Felt So Good - Official music video

I don't like it. It's way too cheesy for my liking, and I hate how everyone has to be so close to the camera lip syncing Michael's parts.

I wish they used the original film reels (restored, if they could) for the video. The stretched image makes me feel somewhat unconfortable.

I don't like it. Way too cheesy and cliched for my liking, and I hate how people are so close to the camera lip syncing Michael's parts of the song.

Seriously, why do these people have to be so close to the camera? It's really cheesy and uncomfortable

I find it worrying that all directors can just think of the very same video sequences and even feel the need to loop them to the point you get to see the same shots ten times in just under four minutes.

Another rushed product. Rushed "randomized" remixes... pardon me, "contemporized" versions and now this.
You can't blame Justin Timberlake though, blame the director for lack of creativity, even with a small budget you can do way better than this.

It's odd that people are making it a race/gender thing.

When I watched the video I didn't notice Asians or Africans or Europeans or women or men. I just saw people.

The video is nothing special, but I hope it will help boost the sales!

Thank you Spyce for posting!

here is my opinion on that everyone.
Loved the end picture/visual. it was stunning. Love the diversity of the people. Loved the warmth of the dancers vibe! They really seemed to enjoy being there. I Love the children being there.
Great move!

Loved the dance sequence from the beautiful Rich & Tone Talauega brothers and I appreciated the "Michael!" nod of respect from Timberlake.I appreciated Timberlake wearing simple clothes such as the jacket. He kept it simple and classy with the white shirt too. I appreciated there were no hats or gloves wearing from him.

Loved the Black Xscape t shirts some people were representing. Liked the Thriller light/backdrop/props. Those scenes were cool and I thought, extremely thoughtful.

However like Dorian mentioned above, not too keen on the Michael stretched images either.

I Do not like the TV.
Do not like Michael being trapped in the TV screen.

Please some of us need to see a full body image Estate/Epic/Sony!
like mentioned above, we really need some footage of him [if possible]. It would be nice. Some kind of ...a full body image/animation of Michael/ Hologram used with Michael's footage to somehow dance within the video In this case with Timberlake. Timberlake looked alone there in parts. And with Michael being sort of stuck in that TV screen which for me, just makes it awkward to watch and fully enjoy an otherwise perfectly respectable, acceptable and artistic video.

Michael was a pioneer of music short films so there needs to be some kind of ground breaking magical /*something/*highlight/* in this project to honour this fact.
This is why I am so looking forward to The 18th!:woohoo:

Last edited:

It's OK, but very forgettable and too similar to the others the Estate handles. They really need to bring out something unseen and stop dressing up dancers like MJ and expect us to be satisfied with that. There is no creativity with these.

What happened to Michael's visions of short films?

You can't blame Justin Timberlake though, blame the director for lack of creativity, even with a small budget you can do way better than this.
LA Reid just tweeted yesterday that Justin directed the video so I guess you can blame him then. :D

I wish they would just stop. There can not be a Michael Jackson video without Michael Jackson. Just Stop.

I wish they would just stop. There can not be a Michael Jackson video without Michael Jackson. Just Stop.

It's funny cause your name is mijacxscape.

I don't know what to think of that video... At first it seems a mess, and doesn't make me want to watch it again... Those awkward people, ew. I think I'd prefer something like the Hollywood Tonight video. I don't want more tribute videos, I want videos that look like Michael made, not like someone made it as a tribute to him. They're just so fanmade-like. It's not possible that they don't have any unseen footage of MJ dancing or something...

I think its lovely, its joyful and completely celebrates Michael.
The JT parts are very classy. i love how they put him with everyone else to show tht he's a fan just like us. And as much as some people hate to admit it, he adds appeal and excitement for the younger generation.
The video is all real (no acting)and shows emotion without pretense
Oh and the images of michael are just breathtaking as usual

And before everyone starts bashing, lets remember that JT isnt trying to 'BE' MJ and also Mj isnt HERE so lets not bother comparing this video to his short films

I actually enjoyed it. Maybe im the only one.

Look at the late 90s and early 2000s videos. Lots of animation and CGI. It doesn't even have to look real at all, just try something different.

I appreciate this effort, it's better than nothing for the promo, but I was just sitting saying I've seen it all before.

I want to post his here because this is what someone can do which is at least creative. Done by Nathan Jay, the music video is great.

[youtube]-9fqaftF7eU[/youtube]

Too bad The Estate requested him to take down the music, so he never got to finish the music video (hence the drawing parts washes away after a minute or so in)

More creative than anything done video wise sine MJ's death.

Co sign. Animation would be refreshing to see.

I don"t know what everyone"s complaining about, what else do you want them to do??
They're celebrating michael, thats all there is to do now!!
the video is supposed to be nostalgic, to make everyone remember what they loved about michael and to show how relevant he is even when he's gone. You've got young people and one of the world's biggest stars dancing and celebrating michael. Their faces are just pure joy while they dance and the choreography with the four dudes is awesome.
From a non michael jackson fan point of view I think its awesome!
If you're going to compare it to mj short films then good luck cos you're going to be disappointed for a very long time

It's a fun little video, but like many others have said it's not very creative. What's the deal with stretching some of the older MJ clips? He appears sqwashed in some segments, why not crop the footage or god forbid let them appear in the original 4x3 ratio? Also... Why doesn't the estate spend some money to do an HD transfer of the film elements so when they do these clip shows they are able to present them in the same quality as the newly shot footage? (Well, atleast resolution wise). I'm starting to think that to original film elements to many of MJ's video may have been lost or destroyed, because they still keep going back to the video masters, even for these new projects.

Also, if they are dead set on using his previous videos for clips, why not dig into the vaults and get alternate angles or takes to use? Perhaps that's too much work, or sadly perhaps those elements may be lost as well?

Overall, I guess they just don't want to take it too far. An MJ video without MJ will probably always be a hard sell. Using a body double wouldn't be right, and not showing some element of the man in action would also probably be seen as a waste from the Estate. I thought the unreleased video for BTM was the best posthumous video yet, and they didn't even release it so go figure.

A wonderful homage to the one and only King Of Pop!

We'll done guys. :bow:

I think it's great, a happy fitting celebration of MJ. Thoroughly enjoyed it, make no pretences to be anything more than it's intended to be!

Fantastic short film, only thing that would have made it better would have been if they used the original film reels... seeing upscaled.. next to Full HD shot footage is interesting to say the least...

LNFSO, Hollywood Tonight, Behind The Mask.. all the same...

Didn't like it..

Watch Justin Timberlake And Michael Jackson Go Back To The Future In ‘Love Never Felt So Good’ Video
JT never felt so psyched to wear a leather jacket and pop his collar.
by gil kaufman 05/14/14

There are a couple of ways to cleverly make a music video to celebrate a new single from an artist who is no longer with us. You can cull some of their greatest moves into a kind of classic moments collage, recruit a current superstar to dance and sing alongside the fallen idol or have everyday people dance and sing joyously to the fresh track.

Or, as in the case with the “new” Michael Jackson video for “Love Never Felt So Good,” do all three.

The clip from the just-released posthumous Xscape album debuted on Wednesday morning (May 14) and it’s an exuberant fiesta of all things MJ, anchored by throwback glimpses of some of his legendary music videos — including “Thriller,” “Beat It,” “Billie Jean,” “Smooth Criminal” and “Bad.”

With acolyte Justin Timberlake joining MJ for a bonus track duet from the eight-song album, the clip is a celebration of all things Michael, from his most iconic dance moves, to the smile his music brought to the faces of people across the globe to, let’s face it, JT’s superbad fanboydom.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1824694/wat...-the-future-in-love-never-felt-so-good-video/

I liked the end minute and the bits with Justin Timberlake, very pleased he was included in this. I didn't like the up close shots and some of the over done cliches you get from these posthumous MJ videos. Decent video, nothing groundbreaking but that's a given considering the circumstances. Hopefully it rises up the charts now.

People imitating MJ in cheap sets along with old clips we have seen 1,000 times before.

At least Justin Timberlake is in, but the Jeep commercial was more fun to watch than this boring music video.

Hope they come up with something new if there is a second single.

I cry watching the short flim and to see the pictures of Michael just brought tears to my eyes i miss MJ so much. Justin did a beautiful job on this. In tears now.

Don't like it. Boring. They need to try something new. I wish they would use some unseen MJ footage. Didn't Michael video everything? Maybe there is video of him singing LNFSG at Anka's house or something? I don't know, but i just know I'm tired of thehse types of videos. You watch once and never wanna watch again.

Maybe Michael doesn't have unreleased songs on film. If he did, we could have seen Streetwalker in Bad25. I wouldn't place faith on unseen footage.

I actually enjoyed it. Maybe im the only one.

You're not the only one.

If you notice, it mainly the same ones criticising this that criticised the album/single/artwork/DVD/etc.

Same as it ever was. :cheeky:

Love Never Felt So Good, in my opinion, doesn't have strong enough lyrics to warrant a music video that follows a narrative. It would pretty much be two people falling in love... hugging... kissing... that's really it. With a track like Chicago or Slave to the Rhythm, though, I can imagine an absolutely outstanding short film being put together. Those songs have stories that progress and peak.

With that said, I love this video. Very short and sweet. It's great to see so many different races and genders and ages rocking out to Michael. And Justin, as expected, does great.

This right here pretty much sums up what I think about the video. It most certainly is not a Michael Jackson short film, nor does it wish to be though; LNFSG is a cheesy, fluffy, feel good song and the video has served its purpose well. It was never intended to please the hardcore fans, but more to attract the general public. Could they have used high quality film reel instead of stretched images we have all seen a thousand times? Of course. Could they have been imaginative and promote more creative visuals? Absolutely. I'd have different expectations for tracks such as the ones AlwaysThere mentioned but for a promotional video for a song like this, I think they did a good job; I now feel cheesy, fluffy and very good :)

I also like the fact JT comes across - to me - as just another fan that loves Michael like we all do and is happy to share it with the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back