Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

I got Gold Circle tickets for the Copenhagen show. AMAZING. She was one metre away from me singing Like A Prayer. A top lifetime experience. I've seen The Girlie Show & Re-invention and have to say it wasn't as good as those, but that's only because they had better setlists. She was in top form and it still amazes me that every tour is so different and she is so not lazy.

Some short videos & photos.....

[youtube]dPHwqnknji4&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]lzHmkAcibrQ&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]CsvewWbJ-6Q&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]x85UcWLvL4k&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]6NwATMRPsEc&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Some pics:

PICT0321.jpg

PICT0333.jpg

PICT0312.jpg

PICT0339.jpg

PICT0344.jpg

PICT0300.jpg

PICT0327.jpg

PICT0337.jpg

PICT0340-1.jpg

kermit.gif

Great! :wild: Thanks for posting! ;)

Great photos indeed! You must have had a great time. I found the concert in Florence amazing, too!

Simple, effective and beautifully shot. A perfect summer single and video.

Smug Criticisms Of Madonna And Endless Gaga Comparisons Are A Victory For Ageism And Misogyny

255376_485885644772177_895616174_n.jpg

By Charlie Alderwick

On Tuesday night Madonna brought her MDNA tour to England, performing a show in Hyde Park that was witty, narrative and relentlessly energetic, as well as the ridiculous spectacle you would expect from the Queen of Pop. After emerging on stage from a confession box brandishing a firearm, she wasted no time in introducing slackline walking, video screen cameos from hip-hop heavyweights, a troop of military drummers suspended from the ceiling, and much more.

My friends and I were enthralled throughout the two hour experience, screaming and clapping at Madonna’s various gymnastics, jokes and the moments of meritable vocal performance, agreeing in the post-concert buzz that the vibrancy and cleverness of MDNA leaves her previous tour lying in the dust.

Aside from the fair point that the sound could have done with being a great deal louder, criticisms of the concert have been overwhelmingly predictable. Renowned antagonist Piers Morgan, whose never-ending throwing of cheap insults at Madonna in a bid for column inches to boost his plummeting American TV career, is echoed by others who seem to have adopted his trite view that Madonna is too old to attempt business-as-usual in her pop career. This view fatally overlooks the artifice of any pop personality. You do not go to a gig to find out about a real individual, their favourite food, their personal details – indeed, their age. When Eminem murders his mother in a music video, do we really think he is at high-risk of committing matricide? When Rihanna sings “chains and whips excite me” do we really believe that she is a depraved frequenter of S&M dungeons? No, we do not.

So when Madonna, looking great, convincingly performs with more verve than much younger singers, does the trivia of the ‘real’ woman’s age actually matter? Well, only if you let it; which would indicate a pretty poor ability to separate your critical faculties from what you read on the Mail online (who have drawn attention to the fact that some have said the show didn’t have enough old hits to entertain a casual fan). Madonna’s MDNA album was No. 1 on iTunes across the world, so those who didn’t expect her to play a lot of the new songs are too gormless to be sympathised with. What kind of ‘casual fan’ spends £77 to go and see someone they’re not that into, anyway?

It goes without saying that the McCartneys, Springsteens and Dylans of the world – admirably unaware of any sell-by date on their ability – at worst suffer a few friendly jibes from the press; a jocular ‘not quite as good as he used to be but good on him for trying!’ Criticisms levelled at Madonna however are often snide and venomous in their refusal to recognise her talent. If a woman’s worth is in youth and subservience, then the aged and defiant Madonna is no good to us; an embarrassment.

I do have one problem with Tuesday’s concert, however. Almost as vexing as people’s inability to discuss Madonna without quipping about her age, is the fact that these days you can’t seem to mention Madonna or Lady Gaga independently of each other. Comparisons in the press and internet warring between fans is rife as ever, yet as recording artists they are really not that similar. That’s right. Or at least, not as similar as legions of beardy male singer-songwriters or hundreds of dirgey Indie rock bands, one truly completely indistinguishable from the next, whose sameness is never addressed. These unfounded comparisons seem to be the burden of female artists only, and should be exposed and discussed for the inequality they are.

So when Madonna performed a mash-up of ‘Express Yourself’, with excerpts of Gaga’s ‘Born This Way’, has even she fallen prey to this trap of sexism in her industry? Well, I hope not. But if there was any ambiguity about whether the mash-up was meant as a sisterly tribute or a cheeky dig, it is soon cleared up by Madonna singing lines from her 2008 album track ‘She’s Not Me’. Although it was funny, it is disheartening to think that the trend for thoughtlessly homogenising female artists has informed Madonna’s creative choices. But at the same time why should Madonna ignore the link people are making between her and Gaga – however false or exaggerated it may be? In chanting ‘she’s not me’ Madge is reminding us of a significant truth –Madonna isn’t Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga isn’t Madonna. We’d do well to remember it.

The irony of accusing Madonna of having grown desperate, as brainless articles like thishave, seems to be lost on many forgetful people. This is a woman whose first forays into the public eye involved rolling around on stage in a wedding dress and showing her pants. If she is desperate now, she always has been. And if that ‘desperation’ spurs her to continue inspiring, entertaining, making money and having fun then I say hoo-fucking-ray. The MDNA tour is on track to be among the highest-grossing ever. If I had her job, I wouldn’t want to quit either.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012...risons-are-a-victory-for-ageism-and-misogyny/

Saw her in Dublin tuesday night. Phenomenal show! Phenomenal performer! Absolutely great gig! She exceeded all my expectations then some! On a total high after seeing her!

Madonna is doing a special show in Paris tonight, in a theatre called "L'Olympia". The show is streamed live here:

There's a huge backlash going on over that special gig. ^ So much media manipulation against Madonna. Seems it's becoming popular to hate her again now that MJ is gone. They need a new whipping boy. Protesters over the swastika controversy swarmed the stage after the show and started booing her in disguise as angry fans but it's being reported that people are fed up with Madonna and her antics, short set list, etc. The truth is that the real fans KNEW beforehand that it was a special performance and wasn't a full length concert. I hate how the media is treating Madonna for her age and looks as a woman over 50. They are trying to knock her down and are creating stories in order to hurt her. I don't understand why they do this but I guess I should be used to it having had to live with it during MJ's life. So frustrating. :mat:

There's a huge backlash going on over that special gig. ^ So much media manipulation against Madonna. Seems it's becoming popular to hate her again now that MJ is gone. They need a new whipping boy. Protesters over the swastika controversy swarmed the stage after the show and started booing her in disguise as angry fans but it's being reported that people are fed up with Madonna and her antics, short set list, etc. The truth is that the real fans KNEW beforehand that it was a special performance and wasn't a full length concert. I hate how the media is treating Madonna for her age and looks as a woman over 50. They are trying to knock her down and are creating stories in order to hurt her. I don't understand why they do this but I guess I should be used to it having had to live with it during MJ's life. So frustrating. :mat:

Is there? What an utter shame. I enjoyed the show very much; in fact i wasn't the only one who enjoyed it terribly. I was in very good company, it don't get any better. It was indeed a very special performance.

Just goes to show yet againnn how biased and unfair the media and people can be. But Mike was so right 'their cameras can't control the minds of those who know...'

She's my gal and anybody messin' with her, messes with me and they should know that's a mighty dangerous thing to do. A certain dinosaur told me to say hello to everyone who dares messing with my people.

*Birthday edit* :p What's the phrase again? There's only 1 queen and her name is....Madonna :D and today is her day.

Madonna_Herb_Ritts.png

Happy birthday homegirl, have a good one!!! You're only here 2 win, 'get what they say...u and Pharrell were spot on, as always ;)

absolutely mandatory *m sal*

Last edited:
The US embassy issued a warning for the Russia concerts - apparently, there are threats against Madonna.

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/sm_080712.html

The reason is that Madonna has been supporting the band "Pussy Riot", and as you all know, they are currently in prison.

The US embassy issued a warning for the Russia concerts - apparently, there are threats against Madonna.

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/sm_080712.html

The reason is that Madonna has been supporting the band "Pussy Riot", and as you all know, they are currently in prison.

Madonna is one of several artists supporting this group.

Anyhoo, Elton has attacked Madonna yet AGAIN. What's his deal with her? She's never once said anything negative about him. I guess it's because of Gaga. Who knows. All I do know is that it is sad for a man of his caliber to be dissing a fellow legend like a petulant child. His insults are disgusting. Fairground prostitute? Miserable ****? Career over? Really Elton? He's so talented and yet so vicious. He really does appear very unhappy in his personal life. You'd think having a child would turn down his temper down a bit.

Nightline's Cynthia McFadden addresses the controversy in this video -

Madonna is one of several artists supporting this group.

Anyhoo, Elton has attacked Madonna yet AGAIN. What's his deal with her? She's never once said anything negative about him. I guess it's because of Gaga. Who knows. All I do know is that it is sad for a man of his caliber to be dissing a fellow legend like a petulant child. His insults are disgusting. Fairground prostitute? Miserable ****? Career over? Really Elton? He's so talented and yet so vicious. He really does appear very unhappy in his personal life. You'd think having a child would turn down his temper down a bit.

I agree. I think Elton just wants to take advantage of the bad press surrounding Madonna right now. Elton John is a very talented artist, in my opinion. But his attitude about Madonna makes me sick. He doesn't need to be talking like that.

Madonna showing support for Pussy Riot during her show in Moscow yesterday:

Azua4MVCQAEjoKE.jpg

AzuNWFtCMAAs0ct.jpg

This really shows Madonna is still fearless. There have been threats against her and several protests, even the US embassy issued a warning and she's still doing the show, but with even more controversy.

She also held a speech in support for Pussy Riot:

"Thank you to all of my fans here in Russia, who have supported me troughout the years, I do not take your love and your support for granted. And there's a man here in the front row, he's wearing a t-shirt, it says "Sagarro Jo". Yeah, I think he's been to a few shows. Anybody who's been to a show before knows that it's a song about freedom, right? It's a song about fighting for freedom. And I wanted to say a few words about that:
As you can see here on my stage, everybody with me comes from every different place in the world, from Africa, from America, from France, from Russia, from England. We are Christians, we are Moslems, we are Jews, we are everything you can imagine. But we're a family. We're together. We are gay, we are straight, we are human beings. And this very last sentence "human beings" is the most important one, and in fact, the only one that we should refer to each other as: human beings. Now, I'm very grateful and I'm very lucky because I come from a country, America, where we are free to express ourselves, to express our point of view. As an artist, as a human being, as a woman, I have the freedom to express my point of view. Even if other people don't agree with me, even if my government doesn't agree with me. I have the right to express my point of view, I have the freedom to express my point of view. This is democracy, okay? And I do not take that for granted either. I just want to say a few words about Pussy Riot. I'm blessed to be from a country where I have the right to express my opinion, okay? But my dream and my prayer is that everyone in the world has this right. Not only here in Russia, but in France, in Iran, everywhere in the world. As human beings, we should have the right to express our opinions and still be treated as human beings. Now, I know there are many sides for every story and I mean no disrespect to the church or the government, but I think that these 3 girls - Mascha, Katja, Nadja - have done something courageous. I think they had paid the price for this act, and I pray for their freedom. And I know that everyone here on the stage feels the same way and I know that everyone in this auditorium, if there are here as my fans, know that they deserve the right to be free. Okay? So, to these 3 girls who have been in jail now for 5 months, who are still going through a trial right now, I pray for your freedom, I know we all pray for your freedom. And let's hope that one day, we really will live in a world filled with peace and freedom and tolerance."

Madonna's turning 54 today! Happy Birthday, Madonna! :woohoo:

Happy birthday to one of the greatest entertainers in pop history. Love you Madonna!

Here's a couple of articles on the latest Madonna scoop:

Elvis Presley & Madonna: The Day the Music Died, and Was Born

by Keith Caulfield & Gary Trust | August 16, 2012 12:05 EDT

Today, Aug. 16, marks the date that we welcomed the Queen of Pop (happy 54th birthday!) and lost the King of Rock & Roll.

1179959-madonna-elvis-birthday-617-409.jpg

Images
Today marks the date that we welcomed the Queen of Pop and lost the King of Rock & Roll.

Madonna was born Aug. 16, 1958. As we celebrate the Material Girl's 54th birthday, we likewise note the 35th anniversary of the passing of Elvis Presley, who died on the same date in 1977 at age 42.

In honor of two of the most prolific hitmakers in Billboard history, here is a look at some of the chart records that the icons claim.

MADONNA

- 38 top 10 Billboard Hot 100 singles. The Beatles, with 34, rank second. Madonna's first top 10 was 1984's "Borderline," which started a streak of 17 consecutive top 10s through 1989's "Cherish" (No. 2). Her most recent top 10 was this year's No. 10-peaking "Give Me All Your Luvin'," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.

- 56 titles on the Hot 100 since her debut the week of Oct. 29, 1983, with "Holiday," which peaked at No. 16 in January 1984. Since her Hot 100 arrival, Madonna leads all women for the most chart appearances.Taylor Swift ranks second with 45 visits in that span, followed by Mariah Carey (44), Minaj (41) and Mary J. Blige (40).

- Seven Hot 100 No. 1s in the '80s, tying her with Whitney Houston for most among women during the decade. Madonna's total haul of No. 1 Hot 100 hits is 12, the fourth-most leaders all-time. (The Supremes also boast 12 toppers). Only the Beatles (with 20), Carey (18) and Michael Jackson(13) have earned more No. 1s. Coincidentally, Madonna claimed her fourth No. 1, "Papa Don't Preach," on this date in 1986, her 28th birthday. (Aug. 16 also doubles as the launch date of Billboard's Dance Airplay chart in 2003, a list that Madonna has led seven times).

- 42 No. 1s on Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart. Essentially, if Madonna releases a single and it charts on Dance/Club Play Songs, it's a safe bet to assume it'll go to No. 1. Since 2000, she's placed 26 hits on the survey. Of those, all but six have gone all the way to No. 1 - with her latest, "Turn Up the Radio," looked primed to pounce to No. 1, ranking at No. 3 in its fourth frame this week. Madonna is clearly the Queen of the Club. ( Janet Jackson is next with 19 No. 1s).

- 20 top 10 albums on the Billboard 200, the most such sets among all artists dating to her first week in the top tier (Oct. 6, 1984) with her self-titled debut. Of those efforts, eight reached No. 1, including "MDNA" in April. In that 28-year span, George Strait places second with 17 top 10s, followed by Carey (16).

Read more at http://www.billboard.com/column/cha...he-music-1005317502.story#oAD2p2tqdDDUfmGR.99

Madonna Faces $10.5 Million Lawsuit Over LGBT Support in Russia

Activists claim 'moral damage' from pop star's recent St. Petersburg show

main.jpg

Madonna
Kevin Mazur/WireImage

By ROLLING STONE
August 17, 2012 1:30 PM ET

After Madonna challenged St. Petersburg's gay pride ban at a concert there earlier this month, a group of activists has announced they will file a $10.5 million lawsuit against the pop star for "moral damage," reports RIA Novosti, a Russian news agency. Members of the Union of Russian Citizens, the civil group People's Assembly and the New Great Russia party are submitting the lawsuit today.

"We demand that she pay for moral damage suffered by St. Petersburg residents as a result of her actions during the show on August 9th," a spokeswoman for the Union of Russian Citizens said. "We must defend our right to normal cultural life without propaganda of values and views that contradict the Russian culture."
A lawyer representing the group said the "psychological stress and emotional shock" was felt beyond the show's attendees, claiming many other people were affected by footage of the show and reports on the Internet. "While speaking of tolerance, she abuses the feelings of believers," said Alexander Pochuyev, claiming Madonna's "open promotion of homosexuality" was at fault. The singer handed out handed out pink bracelets and repeatedly showed support for the LGBT community during her set August 9th, despite protests in the city.

The lawsuit adds more controversy to Madonna's MNDA tour: Elton John bashed her earlier this month and called her career "over." She displayed World War II-era footage of the Warsaw Uprising at a tour stop in the Polish capital, in reaction to protests. In July, a Paris crowd booed and call her a "slut" after her 45-minute set at an unexpected show. France's far right National Front party announced they will file a lawsuit against Madonna for her use of Nazi imagery at a tour stop in Paris. She has also canceled the Australian leg of her MDNA tour and was recently sued over an uncleared sample on her 1990 hit "Vogue."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...lgbt-support-in-russia-20120817#ixzz23wgWmM00

Last edited:
Like a fine wine. This blog is comparing 80's stars then and now. Our Empress M really has taken very good care of herself.

80_madonna2.jpg

Madonna: At 54, she can still turn heads. More than with 114 million viewers tuned into the Super Bowl halftime show to watch her cheerleading moves while her MDNA Tour is drawing headlines daily. (Warner Bros)

http://blog.sfgate.com/loaded/2012/10/02/80s/#7579-2

P.S. My dream comes true this Saturday, October 6th. I will FINALLY see the woman who changed my life in all her glory.
:rogerfriedman:

Exactly 30 years ago - on October 6th 1982 - Madonna's first single ever was released! :wild:

madonna-everybody-single.jpeg

She's now officially 30 years into music business! The amount of artists who managed that can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
Respect, Madonna! :bow:

Like a fine wine. This blog is comparing 80's stars then and now. Our Empress M really has taken very good care of herself.

80_madonna2.jpg

Madonna: At 54, she can still turn heads. More than with 114 million viewers tuned into the Super Bowl halftime show to watch her cheerleading moves while her MDNA Tour is drawing headlines daily. (Warner Bros)

http://blog.sfgate.com/loaded/2012/10/02/80s/#7579-2

Well, obviously she does plastic surgery, botox and a lot of things .... she is a millionaire and can do. :fear: She seems to be very obsessed with not wanting to grow old and seem always young and always look like a girl. I'm sure she hates the idea of knowing who will get old. I saw some pictures of her without makeup and is completely different :eek: .... well, it's better to say nothing. :fear: :nono:

In my opinion, she seems to be doing some procedures on the face (

No wrinkles, no lines of expression on her face.... :fear:), just look at those cheeks .... are much higher. :bugeyed :fear: But ok, if she thinks pretty and feels good about it. I just wish she did not overdo it and destroy the face. :pray:

P.S. My dream comes true this Saturday, October 6th. I will FINALLY see the woman who changed my life in all her glory. :rogerfriedman:

kermit.gif

How was it? Pictures? :woohoo:

Last edited:

In my opinion, she seems to be doing some procedures on the face (

No wrinkles, no lines of expression on her face.... :fear:), just look at those cheeks .... are much higher. :bugeyed :fear: But ok, if she thinks pretty and feels good about it. I just wish she did not overdo it and destroy the face. :pray:

I believe you are right - she definitely has plastic surgery done. BUT it's really not that much. You pointed it out yourself - it's the cheeks which she got changed. She has some kind of cheek implants which make her face look fuller and "puffed up", it's quite obvious if you compare pictures from 2008 onwards to earlier pictures (I believe she had it done some months before the Hard Candy album was released). However, she doesn't seem to have other surgeries done on her face, besides the cheeks.
And of course, it's no secret that she uses Botox. However, I don't think that's bad because basically almost every celebrity does this.
But Travis is right, too - she keeps herself very fit, so that definitely adds to her young looking face. And look at her body, it's very obvious she's working very hard to have a body like that.

I agree with Ashtanga that she shouldn't overdo it, but right now, I think she looks totally fine and natural. Because as I said, I really don't think she had surgery done besides her cheeks (and the usage of Botox).

Last edited:
I believe you are right - she definitely has plastic surgery done. BUT it's really not that much. You pointed it out yourself - it's the cheeks which she got changed. She has some kind of cheek implants which make her face look fuller and "puffed up", it's quite obvious if you compare pictures from 2008 onwards to earlier pictures (I believe she had it done some months before the Hard Candy album was released). However, she doesn't seem to have other surgeries done on her face, besides the cheeks.
And of course, it's no secret that she uses Botox. However, I don't think that's bad because basically almost every celebrity does this.
But Travis is right, too - she keeps herself very fit, so that definitely adds to her young looking face. And look at her body, it's very obvious she's working very hard to have a body like that.

I agree with Ashtanga that she shouldn't overdo it, but right now, I think she looks totally fine and natural. Because as I said, I really don't think she had surgery done besides her cheeks (and the usage of Botox).

Madonna hasn't had any plastic surgery procedures, just botox and fillers (dermafillers) which isn't anything serious or invasive and leaves you looking full and fresh faced.

Example:

BEFORE Derfmafiller AFTER Dermafiller
dermafillers-before4.jpg
dermafillers-after4.jpg

And I just wanna say that I think we should concentrate on Madonna's art, rather than her face. Let's not fall in to the trap that was setup for MJ. Let's have the same respect we had for him. Madonna is a very healthy woman who exercises and eats right every single day, so she has earned the right to look young and beautiful. No matter what you may think she has done or not done, it's really none of our business and should stay that way. The fact is she looks wonderful at 54 or any age. As for my concert experience...

MDNA in San Jose

I had the time of my life! It was a life long dream come true. Madonna did not disappoint. The stage, themes, choreography and her stamina were all breath taking. She had the entire arena in the palm of her hand, including the 70+ year old man next to me who was on his feet with arms flailing. Loved that! Madonna was funny, poignant, and phenomenal all in one. The opening alone was spectacular. I got goosebumps and was shaking when she stepped on to the stage and began "Girl Gone Wild". I never expected to have that reaction. I couldn't believe my eyes. She looked beautiful and fresh. The tits and ass were simply spell binding. Myself and my family (husband and brothers-in-law) were all smiling from ear-to-ear. Every walk of life was standing, cheering, jumping, dancing and singing as one. That's the power of Madonna. Seeing her perform "Everybody" was a total honor and welcomed surprise. I thought "Like A Virgin/Love Spent" was fucking unbelievable. That bitch can ACT on stage. "Like A Prayer" brought the f'n house down. LITERALLY THE ENTIRE ARENA WAS ON IT'S FEET AND SINGING EVERY WORD IN UNISON. It was so beautiful. "Celebration" brought the house down as well and was the perfect closer to an exhilarating night. Big-time crowd pleasers were obviously "Express Yourself, Vogue, and Like A Prayer" but in a sweet surprise, so was "GMAYL". I wasn't expecting that but they ate it up. It was really cool to hear and see. Her vocals were really excellent. There was some slight mic volume issues at start but it was quickly fixed. I'm just so elated and I hope you all get to feel this experience. I wish I could be more eloquent and discuss every single performance, interludes, etc but the brilliance that occurred that night is too much for my brain to process, so this is about as good as it gets. I didn't think it was possible, but I love this creamysmoothpopicongoddess even MORE. It also gave me a greater appreciation of the MDNA album.

P.S. I only took a few pics because I wanted to enjoy the concert, rather than snapping away all night.

Last edited:
Madonna pix I took at The MGM Grand in Vegas!!!!
155570_208748602592229_2110317256_n.jpg
487135_208748925925530_552698975_n.jpg
74837_208749059258850_2082921492_n.jpg
304379_208748532592236_287322984_n.jpg
155570_208748602592229_2110317256_n.jpg

Madonna pix I took at U.S Airways in Phoenix!!!
530859_209695559164200_1705021877_n.jpg
525068_209695742497515_903306348_n.jpg
229911_209696549164101_1054608948_n.jpg
391722_209696729164083_355567433_n.jpg
535669_209697345830688_1898243940_n.jpg
319015_209697679163988_647747206_n.jpg
408750_209697885830634_1410594973_n.jpg
560592_209698675830555_1203564341_n.jpg
3700_209699712497118_2021504357_n.jpg
149613_209702152496874_2111968918_n.jpg
254410_209703209163435_217978316_n.jpg
522384_209704179163338_1116201600_n.jpg
190296_209704599163296_42543447_n.jpg

Hope you like!!!!

I thought everyone here hated Madonna, so it's neat to see a long running thread in here :D

Confessions Tour will always be my fav. So awesome. I loved the renditions of older songs on that tour.

Interview Madonna to Luciano Huck (Brazil):

[youtube]xvX90IXF8ao[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvX90IXF8ao

:wild:

The interviewer isn't particularly good, but I love Madonna's candor and carefree attitude in this interview. The personal atmosphere shows a different and relateable side we don't normally see. Her "star" shield is down and she is happy and not carefully choosing her answers. Also, she looks SO fresh and pretty after having just performed a 2 hour show. I don't know how she does it night-in and night-out.

Back