Message From MJ Estate : "Regarding Michael's Wishes - Children's Charities"

This is wonderful news. I'm guessing they are getting lots of requests from fans since the release of the tape where Michael says his dream is to build the children's hospital. I believe there are a couple of groups working on something to make this happen and unfortunately, a beautiful idea is becoming something to fight over amongst fans. It never ends. smh

I don't know how realistic would a children' hospital (way to expensive to manage)...but they could have a wing in some high profile children' hospital name after him.

LA children hospital is one i can think of of the top of my head...but expect lots of controversy because of the molestation accusations.

all major fan boards received the same messages...Does that mean they all belong to the estate?

what a ridiculous & preposterous thing to write!

The estate could not fund a whole Hospital it would take millions and miliions
maybe if is was a non profit funded by donations and the estate gave a percenatege
This is what the fans on face book who want to realise a childrens Hosp could participate in.
Non the less the estate is working on setting something in place for Michael charitiable
contributions from his estate and that is great news :)

I don't have the knowledge and the technical know-how's of how such noble goal can be achieved. By building a hospital from scratch? By making a large endowment to an existing institution and have it renamed after Michael? That can be done. Cornell Medical College is named after Sandy Weill, former CEO of Citigroup. It is reported that he made a donation of $250 million to Cornell.

It doesn't matter where the hospital will be as long as the children in need will be looked after. It doesn't matter whether the entire hospital will be named after Michael. Like Meme said, they can have the children's ward named after Michael. What matters the most is that his wish is being honored. It can be accompished in any shape and form. And, I'll definitely contribute to it.

It's reasurring that the Estate responded to fans on this matter. I totally understand it takes time and huge amount of coordination, consideration and effort to achieve this goal. I have faith.

I agree with all of you, however, I think IF the Estate is going to attempt this they should definitely reach out to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital and follow their model which has been successful for over 40 years. They are also a Non-profit organization that caters to children and might prove to be a valuable source of information. It was founded by Danny Thomas, a mere actor, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility for MJ.

The second-best option is the endowment suggestion by love_is_magical.

They can turn Neverland into a Children's hospital. I always hoped that can happen...

Hmmm.... This could be controversial, all things considered but I that idea made me smile. Quiet, peaceful and full of fresh air away from the city smog...

And I think whether they decide to build from scratch, build a ward, or provide an endowment, it should definitely be unique and unlike any other children's hospital. The gist of him wanting to build a facility was not just to care for kids but to have a facility where kids can have their spirits lifted while they are infirmed. So, if Neverland can't be the place, then it might be nice to bring Neverland to the facility; i.e. movie theater that caters to children who are in wheelchairs or bed-ridden, rides or outdoor activities that cater to whatever handicaps they might have. Classes that get them out of their rooms and keep their minds active if they have the energy and stregnth to participate. This way they aren't stuck alone in a room all day watching DVDs or only seeing their family. They get a chance to mingle with other kids and whatnot. It's one thing to be bedridden in a room watching a movie and another to be in a theater with other kids laughing and enjoying the experience along with them. Hospitals ARE depressing and it totally makes sense what Michael says about the odds of them healing faster or better based on their emotional well-being. Happiness CAN heal. Might sound corny but in a lot of cases, this is true.

Anyway, whatever it is (IF this hospital or ward is to be), it can't be JUST a children's hospital, imo. It has to be a special place...one of a kind, like the person it's to be named after.

I truly believe that very soon there will be a Michael Jackson Children's Hospital helping, healing and blessing the children of the world just as Michael has wished. We'll make his dream come true! God bless the MJ estate!

We love you Michael, more and more as time goes by...thankyou for everything...Your Light, L.O.V.E and Legacy will shine forever...

I don't think it's a hospital but it could be a wing\addition to an existing hospital. The estate is most likely looking at the best bang for the buck.

I'd love to see a Michael Jackson Children Hospital, and I sure would be one of the permanent donators. The thing is, building a hospital is one thing, then you need a lot of money to make it function, pay the staff, supplies, equipment; I dont know if it's possible.

I sure hope nothing will ever be built at Neverland though, this place was left untouched by Michael, he respected the community and the natural site; building anything there would totally destroy it.

it would b awesome if Neverland was turned into a hospital but isnt it too isolated. what would they do when they had an emergency and a kid had to be rushed to hospital. it would take too long :(

oh my goodness. a Michael Jackson's Children Hospital would be the best tribute we could ever ever possibly do. I would def be a regular donator!!
man ...that would be just unimaginably gorgeous

I totally agree, Michael would love for his wish to come to reality,. This WOULD be the best tribute ever, I look forward to hearing what the have in mind,

yes 20% of MJ's estate is left to children charities and that's what they are talking about. It might not be a hospital but still that money would go to charities. And it's normal to see that it takes time. They need to pay the debts first. They recently same to a position that they can make an initial distribution. It will still take some time but it's goof to hear that they are working on it.
Thanks, Ivy. Yes, we know this would take lots of time, especially since there were so many things to solve first.

I think it is important to keep this in mind. If any single cent goes to charities (as it will be the case), it is Michael's idea right from the scratch, for he made the arrangements to make this a relity even after his death. And that for me speaks tons about the man. Some might be concerned with the idea of the children hospital in view of the recording presented during the trial, but it is important to mention that what the Estate is doing is simply (and accurately!) following Michael's will. It would be sad if something is done later on and some dare to say it was done just after listening to the recording in order to "honor" his wishes, as if if someone else had thought of that. It is Michael, it is always Michael who cares and acts accordingly.

Honoring his last wish as we heard it in court is the most wonderful and respectful thing to do.
The Michael Jackson Children's Hospital will bring comfort and care to underpriviledged children and will be another vindication for Michael. The most empowering thing that could happen now is to see his vision materialize.

I'll be patient. I have faith and know there will be a Michael Jackson Children's Hospital. I look forward to becoming one of the many regular donors to the hospital.

This is me too.

Does anybody know what is going on with the hospital any updated? What are the plans?

Honoring his last wish as we heard it in court is the most wonderful and respectful thing to do.
The Michael Jackson Children's Hospital will bring comfort and care to underpriviledged children and will be another vindication for Michael. The most empowering thing that could happen now is to see his vision materialize.

I agree.

And I think whether they decide to build from scratch, build a ward, or provide an endowment, it should definitely be unique and unlike any other children's hospital. The gist of him wanting to build a facility was not just to care for kids but to have a facility where kids can have their spirits lifted while they are infirmed. So, if Neverland can't be the place, then it might be nice to bring Neverland to the facility; i.e. movie theater that caters to children who are in wheelchairs or bed-ridden, rides or outdoor activities that cater to whatever handicaps they might have. Classes that get them out of their rooms and keep their minds active if they have the energy and stregnth to participate. This way they aren't stuck alone in a room all day watching DVDs or only seeing their family. They get a chance to mingle with other kids and whatnot. It's one thing to be bedridden in a room watching a movie and another to be in a theater with other kids laughing and enjoying the experience along with them. Hospitals ARE depressing and it totally makes sense what Michael says about the odds of them healing faster or better based on their emotional well-being. Happiness CAN heal. Might sound corny but in a lot of cases, this is true.

This x 10935823991385. I would love to see a facility that really catered to supporting child patients emotionally and mentally as well as medically. We have cancer centers, birth centers, rehab centers...but all for adults. Children need a positive environment to heal in. He was definitely on to something. That recording was so hard to listen to but at the same time it's amazing to me that he never really let go of his Neverland concept in his heart - why not bring the concept to them in the hospital itself?

They can turn Neverland into a Children's hospital. I always hoped that can happen...

I was thinking the same thing. That would be wonderful to turn something that was tainted by the corrupted SB sheriff's dept back into it's beauty and innocence.

As far as I understand for Michael it was important to build a hospital not to name it his name but to create positive, different environment in the hospital for the children … I can be wrong but I thought he wanted to create Neverland type of hospital. IMO that is a very difficult job.

Back