"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Besides the article @zinniabooklover posted where Graham and Branca allready stated a few years ago it will go to his death the quote I posted is the from the reports a few weeks ago where Graham spoke to the audience in the cineman where they did the first trailer.
Oh, and didn't Graham say at that CinemaCon thing that the film would be quite long? I'm sure that's where I saw that. :unsure:

Yup, I'm still not convinced that they will cover well into the 90s and then the 2005 trial up to his death in 2009.

I still think they will stop with Man in the mirror on the Dangerous tour and end it in 93/94.

If anything, they might just do a huge time jump from 93, skip past his trial in 05 and then end it with his death, have some facts and montage of real MJ at the end , stating he faced trial and was found innocent etc.

There's simply too much drama to cover in one movie. Huge corners will be cut
It would be better if they didn't show anything from the trial where he was acquitted, his innocent leaves an impression on the audience that mj is portrayed too well in the end it would be negative

It would be better if they didn't show anything from the trial where he was acquitted, his innocent leaves an impression on the audience that mj is portrayed too well in the end it would be negative
Sorry, but that's really nonsense in my opinion. The film is not intended to portray the facts that Michael was acquitted in the trial because he is innocent because we fear it is to positive for the press or the audience.

UFvqDljw_o.jpg

FhXw1CTT_o.jpg

Ic2sZ6OX_o.jpg

I do think the timeline of filming is a bit odd. I am not sure when they started filming but it seems they are almost finished, but some recent scenes were in '80s, begin '90s (shot on top of car)(recreating thriller clip).

If they included '90s and '00s scenes with Jaafar appearing as more mature MJ, would they have started filming with that era? Them the timeline of filming scenes is pretty random.

Though they did film at neverland recently with that picture of all the cop cars (which seems 1993)
I have a feeling that they will skip most of the 2000s.

As good as this movie may be, you can trust Michael Jackson fans will pick apart every imperfection. Jafar looks as close to Michael as any human being possibly could in these shots and I am sure they will do things about the hair. Even if the hair ends up being a bit off you really have to be impressed by the attention to detail here. As for when theyre shooting different scenes, I don't think that matters. But one thing I will flag is we're not seeing any 90s Michael in any of these scenes and theyre almost done shooting.

As good as this movie may be, you can trust Michael Jackson fans will pick apart every imperfection. Jafar looks as close to Michael as any human being possibly could in these shots and I am sure they will do things about the hair. Even if the hair ends up being a bit off you really have to be impressed by the attention to detail here. As for when theyre shooting different scenes, I don't think that matters. But one thing I will flag is we're not seeing any 90s Michael in any of these scenes and theyre almost done shooting.
Oh Jesus Christ, spare the speech. We’re allowed to nitpick and say what we like and don’t like. For instance, I thought the DWT MITM image was actually kind of cool, some of the Thriller era set photos of Mike and Katherine looked good. However I’m not going to pretend to like something just to appease those who are too sensitive to handle criticism. So far the outfits have looked either decent or complete dreck and the hair has been hit or miss as well. They nailed the hair for the DWT photo but since it’s been pretty off. Same with the Elvis film, Austin Butler’s wardrobe and hair were either spot on or quite off and it is distracting to diehard fans.

Also, I really don’t think Jaafar looks much like Michael. Looks too much like Jermaine but obviously there is a Jackson resemblance for sure as they all look well… related (go figure) To be honest they nailed it back in the 90’s with Draper and it’s been difficult ever since. Too bad Ecas couldn’t act cause I actually think he would’ve been a dead ringer for Mike in the 90’s as well

If you want a look alike go to a wax museum. Joaquin Phoenix didn’t look identical to Johnny Cash and that was a remarkable movie. Same goes for all the great biopics. The film has to go for the ‘essence of’ not identical recreations.

If you want a look alike go to a wax museum. Joaquin Phoenix didn’t look identical to Johnny Cash and that was a remarkable movie. Same goes for all the great biopics. The film has to go for the ‘essence of’ not identical recreations.
First, I wasn’t critiquing Jaafar not looking like Michael, I was simply disagreeing that he looks “so much” like him as others have said. Secondly..That’s a ridiculously flawed argument. So if Adam Sandler got cast in an Abraham Lincoln biopic then as long as the acting is solid then it’s no biggie right?

umm whhy u showing ike and tina???? has bnothing to do with mike
I think to highlight that the actors looked nothing like Ike and Tina, yet portrayed them brilliantly.

If Jaafar is as good as they say he is, it won't take long to get past his appearance. His voice,.mannerisms etc might be scarily close to MJ that we will get lost and believe we're really watching him on the screen.

I think to highlight that the actors looked nothing like Ike and Tina, yet portrayed them brilliantly.

If Jaafar is as good as they say he is, it won't take long to get past his appearance. His voice,.mannerisms etc might be scarily close to MJ that we will get lost and believe we're really watching him on the screen.
i hope thats the case i really hope
we get to feel mike's essence

First, I wasn’t critiquing Jaafar not looking like Michael, I was simply disagreeing that he looks “so much” like him as others have said. Secondly..That’s a ridiculously flawed argument. So if Adam Sandler got cast in an Abraham Lincoln biopic then as long as the acting is solid then it’s no biggie right?
Well Adam Sandler doesn’t carry the ‘essence of Abraham Lincoln.’ Lol. Silly argument. Jafaar doesn’t look identical lbut definately carries the essence,

Hmm the wig is really bad yes.. How hard can it be to create a realistic wig..
Anyway the whole choice for casting a family member as MJ still beats me tbh. Does this happen a lot? It feels weird to see a family member impersonating him tbh, it creates a sort of uncanny valley. I even know friends of mine that look, sing and dance like MJ more than Jafaar, so to me it screams nepotism.. Sorry not sorry

Back