"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I see over on reddit they are complaining that the Thriller jacket doesn't have the raised shoulders.

Many saying the MJ The Musical jacket looks way better. My question is surely a huge biopic backed by the estate and family can't get this wrong can they?

The amount of source material they could use for the jacket (including the originals and tour versions) you would expect it to be identical, right?

All the talk of post production is encouraging I guess.

dmR8Jva.png

I find it interesting that the only pictures we are getting from the recording are one where the resolution is awfully bad.
Itßs without a doubt a marketing trick... Razzle dazzel them slowly, as Michael would have put it.
Put that picture through the post production blender and we will see the closest looking thing to Michael.

The only official photograph that has been released is of the man in the mirror performance and that looks incredible. If the rest of the movie is as good or close to that there Will be no issues about Jaafar's appearance.

So Jafaar is an actor..?
Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, LL Cool J, Fresh Prince/Will Smith, Kid n Play, Madonna, Fat Boys, Mick Jagger, Prince, etc. were not originally actors but were cast in movies & TV shows. Ringo Starr, John Lennon, & Paul McCartney all acted in non Beatles movies and George Harrison produced or directed movies. The Rock, Hulk Hogan, & John Cena were wrestlers. Carl Weathers (best known as Apollo Creed in the Rocky movies) was a football player & Arnold Schwarzenegger was a bodybuilder. Christopher Reeve was unknown when cast as Superman. He only did a couple of TV guest parts before Superman, he had also done some stage plays.
umm whhy u showing ike and tina???? has nothing to do with mike
Because many actors in biopics don't look like the people they are portraying. Nobody in The Jacksons: An American Dream looked like any of the family either. Except maybe Jermaine Jackson Jr. who played his dad. Billy Dee Williams looks nothing like Berry Gordy either and Billy is taller. Angela Bassett played Tina Turner & Katherine Jackson, and also Malcolm X's wife Betty Shabazz. Angela doesn't look like any of them. Beyoncé doesn't look like Etta James, nor Madonna as Eva Perón or Will Smith as Muhammad Ali.

There is a rumor that Tina shot at Randy sometime in the 1980s. So there is a connection to Mike, lol. Tina also performed State Of Shock with Mick Jagger at Live Aid.

Put that picture through the post production blender and we will see the closest looking thing to Michael.

The only official photograph that has been released is of the man in the mirror performance and that looks incredible. If the rest of the movie is as good or close to that there Will be no issues about Jaafar's appearance.

What exactly can be done visually in post production? Do you have any example of before and after?

What exactly can be done visually in post production? Do you have any example of before and after?
I'm no expert so can't say for sure but based on what we've seen from the official photograph and the leaked ones...there's a huge difference in quality.

The old Hollywood magic as they like to call it, some stuff can look goofy as hell during filming but the finished product looks way superior.

That 155 million budget has to be put somewhere.

Is anyone able to provide a list of the scenes we know have been shot? I think someone said Man In The Mirror from the Dangerous tour, a scene where Michael and his mother are door knocking for the Jehovahs Witnesses but I’m not sure what other scenes are known.

why don't the Estate sign on loan the actress that was chosen by Madonna for her biopic !

They're probably gonna use CGI
RDT-20240527-2021112785869612468713716.jpg
Severely doubt it.. they wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of making prosthetic noses just to cover it with cgi. Also, just something I noticed but the eyebrows they’re going with in the Thriller reproduction seem to be more indicative of his razor thin brows from 84 as opposed to the ever so slightly thicker (albeit still pencil thin brows of 83). Now obviously I’m just nitpicking but still just thought it was interesting, then again it’s a very low res photo so hard to tell 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think the only things they might show from 2000s are the Invincible release and the trial.
they could show Madison Square Garden including 9/11, which cancelled the Invincible Tour and the Invincible Era
Were you expecting to go on a potential Invincible Tour?
Michael Durham Prince: We did the two shows in Madison Square Garden, and after the second show, we were riding in a van, to our hotel, with Brad and with Michael Bush. Michael Bush said, “Michael said that everybody should expect a phone call in the next two weeks because we’re going to go on tour.” We were all really excited to hear that because it meant a lot of work and joy, and Michael would go on a world tour again and take it to his fans. But what happened the next morning was 9/11… and everything changed. Michael would have probably gone to Europe first, but Europe seemed like the most dangerous place to be since we didn’t know who was responsible yet. So, we still kept hoping, but if you look back to early 2002, everybody artist canceled their world tours. Just like with COVID. There was still some touring going on in America but Michael liked touring the world. I don’t know if he was more popular in Europe but he thought, “Well, if I had a choice of touring in America or Europe, I would always pick Europe.” In America, to us, every city is the same. I mean, it’s a beautiful country, but to me, Europe is much more fascinating. Anyway, sadly that tour never happened. https://bricenajar.com/en/interview-with-michael-durham-prince/

That 2001 period is pretty irrelevant in terms of Michael's history looking at thr bigger picture.

9/11 happening the morning after the 2nd MSG show is obviously a wtf moment but there are far more important moments that should be covered before this.

Fans wanting them to show the falling bridge during earth song is another where I highly doubt they will cover.

Back