Michael and the ladies

971622_10151663898351473_1433892303_n.jpg

1001791_583361221708704_1637999097_n.jpg

988629_583361291708697_1211580860_n.jpg

:shifty:

:bump

942050_502187579849640_1429301054_n.jpg

Who is in the pic with Michael: Shalamar singer Jody Whatley and her memories of Michael ~
I first met Michael in 1981 [pic is Jody and Michael in 1981] when I was in Shalamar. I used to write him fan letters in 5th grade, and had his photo taped on my wall and school locker. I have so many thoughts right now of his impact on my life and my dreams as a child – seeing another child be so famous. I was in awe of Michael Jackson and The Jackson Five.

When I won the Grammy Award for Best New Artist, Michael Jackson was the first person to greet me, he ran to me out of the darkness of the stage. He’d performed ‘Man in The Mirror’ and ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ – he grabbed me and kissed me on the cheek saying softly ‘I’m so happy for you” – already emotional from my own triumph – it was momentarily eclipsed by that moment with him – I couldn’t believe it. Michael Jackson had kissed me! I’ll never forget him. His incredible legacy in music will never be diminished and will remain forever influential. Al Sharpton was right:“Sharpton Michael did with music what they later did in sports politics and television and no controversy will erase the historic impact…” You can see me in the audience, at the end of his performance of “Man In The Mirror/The Way You Make Me Feel,” giving him a standing ovation. I loved Michael.

June 28th 2009. During a Jody Watley concert Jody paid tribute to Michael by singing 'I'll be there' "I tried to find a way to express my heartbreak over the death of an artist I have loved since I was ten. This was rough, spontaneous on June 28, 2009 in Minneapolis. The crowd is a little boisterous, but they sing along in the end &#8211; to help me TRY to salute and pay homage to Michael. I was choked up throughout &#8211; and as I talked beforehand, but my heart was in the right place'I will put something together with my band to include in my concerts later this summer" Jody's tributehttp://www.youtube.com/<wbr>watch?v=ZRCULlUjIUo

As the media in the U.S. works overtime to degrade his legacy, showing insensitivity and disrespect to his children who he was raising and and to The Jackson family (Mom, sisters and brothers) &#8211; I will continue to celebrate the impact Michael Jackson had on me and millions of others around the world...
Beyond the magic of his voice &#8211; he also danced, moved and performed like no other. There Will Never BE Another Michael Jackson. I&#8217;m grateful for the joy he brought with his gifts from his childhood on..his legacy will live forever.

http://<wbr>jodywatleyblog.blogspot.com<wbr>/2009/06/<wbr>michael-jackson-i-remember-<wbr>time.html

:wub:

^ That was in Vienna. The girl came on stage and fainted in Michaels arms. She is unconscious and Michael raised her as if she weight just little. But a unconscious person is very much heavier than an awake person.
Michael, my sexy strong boy!!!!

Back