Michael Dance Theory *~ Crotch Grabbing offends people

I can imagine some old people swooning at the crotch grabbing XD

"OH THE HUMANNITTTYYY!"

He explained the "crotch grabbing" in an interview with Oprah. It's on Youtube. He explained that he really did not grab his crotch, he was dancing after the music, the rythms made him do certain movements, he had the music in him. God knows how i am able to explain this in english, lol.. But well, he did explain it to Oprah.
Around 3:50 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdJUfp3XfCg

I kinda knew his crotch grabbing was when I was little, I mean hes not touching himself while hes doing it, hes effin dancing to the music.

Hmmmmmmmmm

michael-jackson-king-of-pop-dance-moonwalk-14223020498_xlarge.jpeg
:shifty: :naughty:

:blushing:

the only people who are offended are people with teeny weeny's haha those who have nothing to grab. They jealous!

^^^
Oh yes.
The explanation he gave to Oprah was OK...but I didn"t buy it all the way. :)
With all the other sexy moves he does in stage...it was his sexual side..not just the music. He very well knew what he was doing and why he was doing it.

People take offense to his crotch-grabbing, while I take pleasure :D

^^^
Oh yes.
The explanation he gave to Oprah was OK...but I didn"t buy it all the way. :)
With all the other sexy moves he does in stage...it was his sexual side..not just the music. He very well knew what he was doing and why he was doing it.
People take offense to his crotch-grabbing, while I take pleasure :D

:shifty:

:naughty:

Remember when the backing dancers on This Is It were grabbing their crotches during rehearsals? I always cringe at that moment because it really looked like they were playing with themselves.

When Mike grabbed his crotch it was cool, when somebody else does it, it looks creepy

Remember when the backing dancers on This Is It were grabbing their crotches during rehearsals? I always cringe at that moment because it really looked like they were playing with themselves.

When Mike grabbed his crotch it was cool, when somebody else does it, it looks creepy

hahaha...I agree....When Michael does it, it's like an extension of his dancing, it flows so smoothly out of him...When other people do it, it doesn't seem natural at all...And, then it just looks ridiculous...lol

The only time I felt embarrased for his crotch grab was when I was watching him doing that with my parents being in the same room when I was a teenager.

When I was younger I thought nothing of the crotch grabbing. My mom and I used to joke that's how he got his voice high by grabbing down there. :lol: Now when I watch it, I connect it to something sexy even if it's something that Michael just does subconsciously. I never found it offensive ever.

Yeah, when others use it, it's creepy indeed. Not to sound like a biased admirer, but in Michael's case it just didn't seem like that.

He first started it for the "Bad" video, where he basically unleashes his anger - through song and dance - to address the real bad guys, as well as his perpetrators or "suckers trying to get me down" like he says in "Hotstreet". His statement was that he was "bad", which is also equivalent to being 'cool', without being physically bad and violent to people, but through his art, it's a bold visual manifestation which was sexy for those who interpreted it that way, as well as offensive for those who interpreted it this way. By that, he didn't mean that people should get offended, as he was drawn by music to do that too, but if his haters felt offended, for instance, then great.

I love this thread! You have an interesting conversation and a bunch of good facts here :)

I was 11 years old when the Black Or White video came out. And for some strange reason I have no memory of it. It wasn't until like a decade or so later when I finally got the Dangerous Short Films on vhs tape when I finally saw the panther scene for the first time was I really shock the first few times of watching it. But not by what Michael was doing. I was just really shock by seeing all the racist stuff that was in that scene. I was 12 years old when I first saw Michael doing that at his Dangerous Bucharest Concert. And it didn't bother me at all when he did that. I thought it was really sexy when I saw him doing that. But that was after seeing the In The Closet video that year. And after seeing the In The Closet video nothing really surprise me anymore when it came to my Michael.

I was 11 years old when the Black Or White video came out. And for some strange reason I have no memory of it. It wasn't until like a decade or so later when I finally got the Dangerous Short Films on vhs tape when I finally saw the panther scene for the first time was I really shock the first few times of watching it. But not by what Michael was doing. I was just really shock by seeing all the racist stuff that was in that scene. I was 12 years old when I first saw Michael doing that at his Dangerous Bucharest Concert. And it didn't bother me at all when he did that. I thought it was really sexy when I saw him doing that. But that was after seeing the In The Closet video that year. And after seeing the In The Closet video nothing really surprise me anymore when it came to my Michael.
Michael was no doubt a sex God......he was so fresh..:blush:

Back