Michael Got Another Grammy Nomination

love is magical

Proud Member
6. Best Male Pop Vocal Performance

For a solo vocal performance. Singles or Tracks only.
Haven't Met You Yet

Michael Bublé
Track from: Crazy Love
[143/Reprise]

This Is It

Michael Jackson
Track from: This Is It
[Epic]

Whataya Want From Me

Adam Lambert
Track from: For Your Entertainment
[RCA Records / 19 Recordings LLC.]

Just The Way You Are

Bruno Mars
[Elektra]

Half Of My Heart

John Mayer
Track from: Battle Studies
[Columbia Records]

Not that Michael needs another Grammy; but still, it's nice!

Congratulations Michael! :clapping:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

terrific and well deserved. i can feel his heart in that vocal.

a lot of people thought this song sounded incomplete, too.

Last edited:
even though I still can't listen to that song without tearing up, I am very very happy to hear this news!!!

Well deserved. His vocal performance in this song is incredible. Michael at his best! Fingers crossed he will win :)

I'm sorry, I love Mike as much as the next man but this is crazy.

a. The song is over 20 years old
b. It wasn't even a proper single, it was only released as it has the same name as teh tour.
c. If songs such as Earth Song and Butterflies didn't get nominated that have Mike singing ast his very best then why this?

^I agree about it not being a real single, but I do think This Is It showcases Michael's vocal abilities to perfection. So it would be recognition for him as a vocalist, not so much for the song itself. I hope he wins.

I doubt he would win
It's just a nod to attact ratings,they would market the shit out of the nomination and millions of MJ's fans would tune in,hoping to see if he's gonna win the Grammy

i love michael but i think that bruno should win
michael is alrady a winner theres no dubts about it

If MJ wins, it's because out of respect/sympathy. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

This Is It is a good song...but not the best song.

I like the song, out of the blue, my son started singing it the other day. LOL!

Anyway, I can see them giving this award to Michael and inviting MJ3 to pick up the award.

They got a boost last year by the children's appearance and after looking at the Grammy line up for this year (BIG YAWN), I'm sure they will be looking for ways to obtain another boost.

When is the Grammy Awards? January? February? Could be good timing for the 2nd single to be released...how about ooh say "Another Day". Have Lenny come out on stage and perform to it, along with MJ's vocals (like the Earth Song tribute, or the MJ tribute on the VMA's in 09)

Grammy Nominations Announced. A Little "Glee" Love, and a Michael Jackson Nod?

Posted by Dennis Ayers,
Managing Editor on December 2, 2010

grammyheader.jpg

The Grammys were announced live last night on CBS, and they were about what you'd expect. As far as gay and gay-fave artists go, Lady Gaga is up for Album of the Year with The Fame Monster, but she's up against Katy Perry's Teenage Dream and Eminem's Recovery. Not recovered enough as far as we're concerned, but Eminem's still pretty much considered a lock for the Album of the Year honors.

Another probable lock... Justin Bieber in the Best New Artist category. His only possible competition looks like Florence & The Machine.

In the Best Alternative Music Album category, Vampire Weekend stands a pretty good shot with their album Contra. (Their keyboardist Rostam Batmanglij is gay.)

Johnny Mathis is up for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album for Let It Be Me: Mathis in Nashville. But, let's be honest, it will probably be Michael Bublé for Crazy Love.

The two nominations that really stood out as surprises for me were first: Michael Jackson (?!) for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for "This Is It." He'll probably win due to sympathy/nostalgia, but we're sort of hoping Adam Lambert takes this category for "Whataya Want From Me."
The second surprise for me was a nod for the Glee cast for "Don't Stop Believin'" in Best Performance by a Duo or Group. I wouldn't have thought the Recording Academy would

Source

http://www.afterelton.com/music/2010/12/grammy-nominees

win Michael win :clap: wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!! :woohoo: show them all once more that YOU ARE THE BEST :clapping:

angel2;3108277 said:
Grammy Nominations Announced. A Little "Glee" Love, and a Michael Jackson Nod?

Posted by Dennis Ayers,
Managing Editor on December 2, 2010​

grammyheader.jpg

The Grammys were announced live last night on CBS, and they were about what you'd expect. As far as gay and gay-fave artists go, Lady Gaga is up for Album of the Year with The Fame Monster, but she's up against Katy Perry's Teenage Dream and Eminem's Recovery. Not recovered enough as far as we're concerned, but Eminem's still pretty much considered a lock for the Album of the Year honors.​

Another probable lock... Justin Bieber in the Best New Artist category. His only possible competition looks like Florence & The Machine.​

In the Best Alternative Music Album category, Vampire Weekend stands a pretty good shot with their album Contra. (Their keyboardist Rostam Batmanglij is gay.)​

Johnny Mathis is up for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album for Let It Be Me: Mathis in Nashville. But, let's be honest, it will probably be Michael Bublé for Crazy Love.​

The two nominations that really stood out as surprises for me were first: Michael Jackson (?!) for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for "This Is It." He'll probably win due to sympathy/nostalgia, but we're sort of hoping Adam Lambert takes this category for "Whataya Want From Me."
The second surprise for me was a nod for the Glee cast for "Don't Stop Believin'" in Best Performance by a Duo or Group. I wouldn't have thought the Recording Academy would​

Source

I think Eminem should win Album of the Year...just my two cents lol...To me, he's the only one worthy of it out of the joke of the nominations....Katy Perry, up for Album of the Year? Shouldn't you have to actually be able to sing ?

Just like any other fan, I would love for Michael to win every award out there, but I don't think I want him to win this one, people already think the nomination was out of sympathy and that is not a word I want associated to Michael's work.

Yay! :D But why now? How come he wasn't nominated (please correct me if I'm wrong) for this year's Grammy's when they were doing the "Earth Song" tribute to him and when Prince and Paris accepted his "Lifetime Achievement Award"? Oh well, I hope he wins!

But I doubt he would knowing how the industry is today...

Back