Michael Jackson feat. 50 cent - MONSTER - its the real deal says 50 -READ!

It's so weird to read the reactions to this song when I haven't heard the song myself yet. It's so diverse, some say it's that good, a sure hit, others say it sucks. Mmmm... I'll know next Friday :) The snippet sounded promising though. MJtunes seems to not be playing Cascio tracks :(

Yes and what I find interesting is that about 2 people prefer the rap!!! I don't think this was ever said before on the forum. Imagine liking the rap by 50 over Michael's vocals--strange.

Just listen to the song yourself and judge it with your own two ears. Don't let reviews or thoughts influence your opinion of the song.

It's blotty perfect.!

I don't like 50 cent - but here it's great.

The old version is MUCH better. If only we had the rap part to add it to it.

It's so clearly MJ it's ridiculous.

The song is a grower. Fiddy did a great job, the song is better than I thought it would be. I would still release HT as the second single, though.

think they over produced the 50 cent part, but its still good...does anyone know the lyrics for his part?

Also the beginning sounds a bit like begining of ghosts like the melody....

Last edited:
The verse by 50 is indeed impressive , it's been a long while since he really released something impressive but this was good. It's the best part of the song in my book. The track is alright , just wishing i heard Michael on it...that's all.

Not trying to be an ass here, just being honest. I absolutely cannot understand for a second how peolpe can actually believe this voice is Michaels. If anything, it's similar to here it comes....Malachi, and nobody else. Listen to all the legitimate tracks and then to Monster..how can you not hear the clear difference? I'll never understand, that's for sure.

it's my current fave, surprisingly, I hated it the first time I heard the snippets.

The verse by 50 is indeed impressive , it's been a long while since he really released something impressive but this was good. It's the best part of the song in my book. The track is alright , just wishing i heard Michael on it...that's all.

Not trying to be an ass here, just being honest. I absolutely cannot understand for a second how peolpe can actually believe this voice is Michaels. If anything, it's similar to here it comes....Malachi, and nobody else. Listen to all the legitimate tracks and then to Monster..how can you not hear the clear difference? I'll never understand, that's for sure.

Actually, after listening to the album song after song, the voice on the Cascio songs are very similar to Michael's on Hollywood Tonight, IMO anyway. How one can continue and not move on past this, and realize, Michael is on these songs, I'll never understand.

Actually, after listening to the album song after song, the voice on the Cascio songs are very similar to Michael's on Hollywood Tonight, IMO anyway. How one can continue and not move on past this, and realize, Michael is on these songs, I'll never understand.

I am not gonna realize, because i don't hear him. The voice is clearly very different from the real Michael tracks. We'll never agree on this and it is what it is, i just hope this fiasco won't happen again with a future cd. Then i might buy it, this one certainly not.

Did he really say 'Thriller 2010' in the rap verse!? :| Really?

Come on now......Michael would not have approved that lyric.

Annie, don't waste your energy. There are people who have determined themselves to keep on repeating the same thing whatever happens. I've seen this starting (on inter forum scale) even before anything was released, (ofcourse then it was not about Monster yet ;)). The more you give them attention the more they repeat the same thing. Let them. Don't waste your energy (like I did too some time).
Maybe better say our opinion when some people are far away ;-).

Love

Annie, don't waste your energy. There are people who have determined themselves to keep on repeating the same thing whatever happens. I've seen this starting (on inter forum scale) even before anything was released, (ofcourse then it was not about Monster yet ;)). The more you give them attention the more they repeat the same thing. Let them. Don't waste your energy (like I did too some time).
Maybe better say our opinion when some people are far away ;-).

Love

And this reply can be put vice versa all the same. They keep saying the songs ARE real, each time a non believer explains why they believe it's not Michael, a believer comes and say it IS Michael. It's not getting us anywhere. It's just goddamn annoying how some believers are trying to annoy the non believers by saying unfriendly things to them...let's just put it at that. And that nonsense should stop. Some fans calling other people haters and what not...acting like we don't want Michael's music to be successful or nonsense like that, really...wtf is that?

And this reply can be put vice versa all the same. They keep saying the songs ARE real, each time a non believer explains why they believe it's not Michael, a believer comes and say it IS Michael. It's not getting us anywhere. It's just goddamn annoying how some believers are trying to annoy the non believers by saying unfriendly things to them...let's just put it at that. And that nonsense should stop. Some fans calling other people haters and what not...acting like we don't want Michael's music to be successful or nonsense like that, really...wtf is that?
Actually most people aren't going around saying "It's Michael!", you know why? Because we don't have to. Because we know it is. We don't feel the need to keep shoving it in people's faces like all this fake stuff you insist on continuing to go on about.

I don't think thats 50 Cent singing, but an impersonator

lol , just kidding, 50 cents does a great job, just as Michael. I LOVE this song!

Actually most people aren't going around saying "It's Michael!", you know why? Because we don't have to. Because we know it is. We don't feel the need to keep shoving it in people's faces like all this fake stuff you insist on continuing to go on about.

I certainly remember lots of people seriously doubting the Cascio tracks before the album leaked, and now it leaks and they all change their opinion, except for a few, i just don't get that. And i'm simply flabbergasted by how people can really believe that it's Michael on Monster, but i can go on about that...it won't change a thing. It's just a sad situation in my book and i hope next time this won't happen again.

I rather next time NOT have to analyze a Michael song, just funny ..really funny how we never had to analyze any of the non-Cascio songs...jus funny, that's all.

I certainly remember lots of people seriously doubting the Cascio tracks before the album leaked, and now it leaks and they all change their opinion, except for a few, i just don't get that. And i'm simply flabbergasted by how people can really believe that it's Michael on Monster, but i can go on about that...it won't change a thing. It's just a sad situation in my book and i hope next time this won't happen again.

I rather next time NOT have to analyze a Michael song, just funny ..really funny how we never had to analyze any of the non-Cascio songs...jus funny, that's all.
Sounding slightly different doesn't automatically mean fake. But that's the conclusion that people jumped to.

Come on now. The voice is seriously different from Hollywood Tonight and the Cascio songs. You can believe they are his vocals all you want and I respect your opinion, but at least admit the vocals are quite different at least.

I can only speak for myself, I doubted Breaking News until I heard an acapella, I never went around this forum screaming, "Fake!"; Same goes for Monster, sure I said it sounds like Malachi, but never did I write that off as being the case, and after I heard the full song that doubt went away. And I've never had doubt over the ballads the Cascio's recorded with him. I haven't really seen anyone say they were fake, then just change their minds between songs.

Come on now. The voice is seriously different from Hollywood Tonight and the Cascio songs. You can believe they are his vocals all you want and I respect your opinion, but at least admit the vocals are quite different at least.

No, not to me, why should I admit something I don't believe in? The voice on Hollywood Tonight and the Cascio songs are similar, the only thing is Michael has an autotune effect on Hollywood Tonight. But the voices are similar, to me.

I'm quite frustrated.

I really like this song, I think its catchy and is full of attitude. I really like it.

I just wish it sounded like Michael to me. He is definately on it though. There are some parts that are definately him. Its just that the majority is questionable.

I've listened to this track and don't hear 50 cent anywhere on it?

50 cent's rap actually isnt really good to me..

and im a 50 fan! haha.. kinda disappointing but whatever the song is still sick tho!

-Dal

Had to "steal" this link from ivy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB6znGotWL4

There, close your eyes, people, or you might get distracted by what you are seeing. ;) You get 5 or 6 different sounding vocals/voices, some live, some not, in less than 2 minutes. That alone should totally kill this discussion, haha - but I know it won't.

Back