Michael Jackson feat. 50 cent - MONSTER - its the real deal says 50 -READ!

Had to "steal" this link from ivy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB6znGotWL4

There, close your eyes, people, or you might get distracted by what you are seeing. ;) You get 5 or 6 different sounding vocals/voices, some live, some not, in less than 2 minutes. That alone should totally kill this discussion, haha - but I know it won't.

But he had been dancing for about 10 minutes up until that point....so that affects his vocals. Its a bit silly to compare live vocals to vocals that are recorded in a studio for an album, so it far from kills the discussion. Unless he was dancing madly while recording these songs, even then....it would just make him sound slightly out of breath.

^^ I wasn't talking about "sounding out of breath", because he doesn't even sound THAT out of breath in the live parts. But yeah, nevermind. ;)

^^ I wasn't talking about "sounding out of breath", because he doesn't even sound THAT out of breath in the live parts. But yeah, nevermind. ;)

Either way, he sounds different because he'd been dancing for 10 minutes straight up until that point.

Either way, he sounds different because he'd been dancing for 10 minutes straight up until that point.

Different compared to what? I'm really too tired today to have one of those discussions again, so I'll just say what other people have said a million times - I was trying to get a point across, and either you hear it or you don't. ;) Maybe it's just my "magical ears" this time! :yes: :D

It's definitely a catchy song, that's definitely true. All i'm gonna say is, compare these vocals to Let me let go, i never heard that before and now i'm just shocked , that's all. Not eveon gonna go into any arguments with people anymore, because they believe their ears and i believe mine. Neither does it add anything to the atmosphere, the friendliness isn't growing any more from it..so yeah.

So for the last time for me..the biggest 'giveaways' basically in Monster are

Lead vocals, chorus, and the 'ha's ' , it's annoying even and simply sounds non-MJ to me. MJ is on the 'Yeaaah' ad lib, and it sounds like him on 'Don't you, Don't you like it' .

Different compared to what? I'm really too tired today to have one of those discussions again, so I'll just say what other people have said a million times - I was trying to get a point across, and either you hear it or you don't. ;) Maybe it's just my "magical ears" this time! :yes: :D

Different to how he normally sounds. On an album.

Consider the circumstances in which in these song were recorded. You'll never understand how essential setting is to a recording, unless you've actually experienced it.

But he had been dancing for about 10 minutes up until that point....so that affects his vocals. Its a bit silly to compare live vocals to vocals that are recorded in a studio for an album, so it far from kills the discussion. Unless he was dancing madly while recording these songs, even then....it would just make him sound slightly out of breath.

First, I wanna say I enjoy the clip very much. The gold pants effect is working on me.

I agree with L.T.D. I don't think live vocals and demo vocals make fair comparision. By the time Michael spoke those words during In the Closet, he had performed Scream and They Don't Care About Us.

I don't think Michael would record his vocals after a rigorous dance routine. From what I read, Michael's professionism was exemplary. Before each recording session, he would spend HOURS to warm up his voice. Will.i.am said Michael would spend three hours singing scale before each recording session.

Indeed.

I have a feeling that if these 3 tracks were put onto YouTube a year ago like those other dupes that began surfacing at that time, everyone would instantly dismiss them.

Yeah exactly. SOmeone else said this before, maybe it was in a PM. I received alot today, LOL. But he/she said..if anything the vocals on these thrree songs sound more similar to JM songs than to MJ's.

Yeah exactly. SOmeone else said this before, maybe it was in a PM. I received alot today, LOL. But he/she said..if anything the vocals on these thrree songs sound more similar to JM songs than to MJ's.

It was me who had said to go and listen to "let me let go" and to compare it with vocals on "breaking news" = same voice timber!

It was me who had said to go and listen to "let me let go" and to compare it with vocals on "breaking news" = same voice timber!

No, i just checked my PM's , it was Kopwatcher actually. He/she suggested me to compare it with Monster. :)

But you are right about Breaking News though, so ...it's JM on all three songs?

Just wait, someone will tell you they "edited" his timbre. :lol:

Lol

No, i just checked my PM's , it was Kopwatcher actually. He/she suggested me to compare it with Monster. :)

But you are right about Breaking News though, so ...it's JM on all three songs?

I had said it in the forum at least a month ago.

You can also listen to the song "Mamacita" by JM and compare the voice timber.

Jason Malachi is not on this album, can we please end this discussion. It's beyond absurd.

Absurd....why? Cause Sony wouldn't do such a wrong thing? Also...did you listen to them? Personally i was shocked when i heard Let me let go, and then switched over to Monster. The only absurd thing is that they sound scary similar.

If i could, i'd make side by side comparison of Monster and Let me let go.

Lol

I had said it in the forum at least a month ago.

You can also listen to the song "Mamacita" by JM and compare the voice timber.

Ok i will do that, but could you explain what timber means exactly?

Absurd....why? Cause Sony wouldn't do such a wrong thing? Also...did you listen to them? Personally i was shocked when i heard Let me let go, and then switched over to Monster. The only absurd thing is that they sound scary similar.

If i could, i'd make side by side comparison of Monster and Let me let go.

Ok i will do that, but could you explain what timber means exactly?

The timber is something that allows you to recognize the person when you hear him/her. It is the uniqueness of each individual's voice. Even if you catch a cold and your voice becomes unrecognizable, your friends will probably tell you that they don't recognize your voice but they do recognize your timber. It is within your voice with or without a cold. It is like a fingerprint to a finger, it is unique for each person; it's not something that you can radically change. you can always imitate the voice, but never the timber.

Back