Michael Jackson He Came He Moonwalked He Conquered

i wonder why the devil did that to his son ....prob he wanted him to go to court and lie once again and his son refused so he wanted to kill him

who cares... they're both devils the father a bit more the son a bit less but dont matter. they're both gonna rot in hell as they deserve sick mf's

It was not that THRILLER was the greatest work Michael ever did to date.. If BAD was his second second solo 1981-1984, it would have been the largest album.. It was the timeing, and how Michael used it to his advantage..

Michael revolutionized Video (film) and dance in the same era.. (THAT IS HUGE) If BAD 18 minute video came out before THRILLER video, it would have been the BIG "THRILLER".. Also, Michael broke COLOR boundaries that were built (Changed the MTV age forever).. in that same era.. When SO MUCH happens at ONCE that makes that album, look LARGEST..

But it's just Michael broke it then.. So once BAD, DANGEROUS was released... There was less boundaries to BREAK DOWN.. At this point, it's hard to FIND things to break boundaries for him.. He literally LOOKS for records to break now.. That is tough.

in the early 80's, he just could be HIMSELF, and his talent broke the records for himself... But once you break majority of records. U are left there standing, looking for what else is there to revolutionize..

He's revolutionized
video (filM)
Dance
Tour productions
album sales
Entertainment financias
Music

What else is there to conqure in entertainment? He's left with very little to revolutionize, and stuck with beating himself and his own revolutions.. That's HARD..

Once you smash everything infront of you becoming SO LARGE.. There is nothing to smash but YOURSELF..[/b]
At this point, I do not think Michael should try. Michael should do what he want to do just as long as it is good. Like you said, HE IS ONLY TRYING TO BEAT HIS OWN RECORD. Sorry but that is a good place to be compare to people like Usher, Justin, Chris, who is trying to break someone else (Michael) record.

QUOTE(AllForMJ)
John Legend meant well. He just left out a sentence.

Here. I'll add it for him.

Onetime Jackson accuser claims father attacked him
The Associated Press

Published: September 5, 2006

TRENTON, New Jersey A man who as a boy accused Michael Jackson of molesting him and got a $20 million (€15.6 million) settlement from the pop singer now has won a ruling that could bring a trial on a claim he was attacked by his own father.

The man is seeking a restraining order against his father, who he said "struck him on the head from behind with a twelve and one-half pound (5.6 kilogram) weight and sprayed his eyes with mace or pepper spray and tried to choke him," according to an appellate court ruling.

A state Family Court judge in August 2005 had granted the man a temporary restraining order, but later refused to issue a permanent order.

The two-judge appellate panel said that was a mistake, writing, "Given the nature of the attack, it would appear that . . . immediate danger" could be inferred.

The panel sent the case back for trial and the temporary restraining order remains in effect.

The three-page ruling, from June 8, was reported Tuesday by the New York Daily News.

The man's lawyer, Brian M. Schwartz, did not immediately return a message seeking comment Tuesday and also did not respond to a request from the newspaper.

The father's lawyer, Raoul Bustillo, told the newspaper he would not discuss the case. He did not return a call Tuesday from The Associated Press.

The Associated Press is withholding the names of those involved to protect the identity of the accuser in the Jackson case. The man was a teen when he made the allegations against Jackson in 1993.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/09/05/...son_Accuser.php[/b]

I read about that earlier in the year. Does anyone know what happened with that case?

It was not that THRILLER was the greatest work Michael ever did to date.. If BAD was his second second solo 1981-1984, it would have been the largest album.. It was the timeing, and how Michael used it to his advantage..

Michael revolutionized Video (film) and dance in the same era.. (THAT IS HUGE) If BAD 18 minute video came out before THRILLER video, it would have been the BIG "THRILLER".. Also, Michael broke COLOR boundaries that were built (Changed the MTV age forever).. in that same era.. When SO MUCH happens at ONCE that makes that album, look LARGEST..

But it's just Michael broke it then.. So once BAD, DANGEROUS was released... There was less boundaries to BREAK DOWN.. At this point, it's hard to FIND things to break boundaries for him.. He literally LOOKS for records to break now.. That is tough.

in the early 80's, he just could be HIMSELF, and his talent broke the records for himself... But once you break majority of records. U are left there standing, looking for what else is there to revolutionize..

He's revolutionized
video (filM)
Dance
Tour productions
album sales
Entertainment financias
Music

What else is there to conqure in entertainment? He's left with very little to revolutionize, and stuck with beating himself and his own revolutions.. That's HARD..

Once you smash everything infront of you becoming SO LARGE.. There is nothing to smash but YOURSELF..[/b]

^^^^^
Michael should be at a point of "I've been there and done that" and just get back to basics. Another question is will he go the route that Radiohead is going and release albums online, then find an independent label to run it (since all he got now is a "company").

What exactly is "the basics" though? Michael doesn't want to look at thriller and say, thats it. I've done everything. Striving for bigger and better doesn't mean that he's headed for artistic self destruction. The whole point of doing that is to continue GROWING artistically instead of being static. Right now music is in such need of someone who can push that envelope to something bigger and better, if that is mj's goal. If that's MJ's goal there's nothing wrong with that. IF it's not that's fine too. But from the beginning of time MJ's always wanted to innovate and be a pioneer...why stop?

I understand but I still say, if the music is good, it will uphold itself and people will listen. Yes, people are going to judge him on his past work (that is done with every artist from Prince to Madonna, etc) but I do not think it will be so much about the claims. Look at the top artists of today, ALL of them are Michael wannabees and trying to do Michael sound and it is being loved regardless if some fans like these artist or not. I think the standard Michael has set is what he has to fight to be back in game more that his issues (believe me, if these claims would have never came up not even 1993, Michael would still have deal with these musically issues). Like i said, the claims hurt his reputation (which does not take much to hurt anyone's reputation nowadays) NOT his career.[/b]
I just hope that they he gets his stuff played on the radio here. But JL did make a valid point: some peeps don't separate the music from the rep.

Dancing has always been a part of Michael. From the earliest age, he danced as much as he sang, in the early and mid 60s he was known as much for his dancing as he was for his singing, his ability to learn so quickly and get the steps down pat so fast, then he stopped, because Motown ran the show, then he started again. He's a performer, he creates short films on top of creating music. He doesn't do music videos, what those are are cinematic short features, he performs for the camera. He performs for the crowd.

I agree with J5 about the music too.

Berry Gordy was getting ready to put the Jackson boys out to pasture and the J5 fans had moved on the older stars. had Michael stayed with roots music we would no longer be talking about him because his teenage fans would have forgotten him just like they forgot the others of the time. MJ reinvented himself and grew in order to stay in the business. He did the right thing. Also MJ did showcase his dancing skills when he auditioned for Motown. He was always a dancer.

i wonder why the devil did that to his son ....prob he wanted him to go to court and lie once again and his son refused so he wanted to kill him

who cares... they're both devils the father a bit more the son a bit less but dont matter. they're both gonna rot in hell as they deserve sick mf's[/b]

And the branch (son) doesn't fall too far from the tree (father). :lol:

Berry Gordy was getting ready to put the Jackson boys out to pasture and the J5 fans had moved on the older stars. had Michael stayed with roots music we would no longer be talking about him because his teenage fans would have forgotten him just like they forgot the others of the time. MJ reinvented himself and grew in order to stay in the business. He did the right thing. Also MJ did showcase his dancing skills when he auditioned for Motown. He was always a dancer.[/b]

Mmm hmm.

The one thing that I will say is that people shouldn't ever think that the allegations are a given to be mentioned with Michael Jackson from here to eternity. No, it is not. Whenever it is brought up and tacked on to mentionings or subject matter that has nothing to really do with the allegations, that is simply a choice. It will never be a must.

John Legend chose to bring up the subject when the same could have been written without any impact on the original point of the article. He wanted to talked about the allegations and put it out there once again when what he was originally writing about had nothing to do with the allegations. I can write forever about Michael Jackson's impact on music, his talent, his career choices, etc. without having to bring up allegations.

If you don't believe me, do some history checking on so many "upstanding" stars. See what gets mentioned time and time again and what does not. It is and always will be by choice. Don't ever forget that.

Berry Gordy was getting ready to put the Jackson boys out to pasture and the J5 fans had moved on the older stars. had Michael stayed with roots music we would no longer be talking about him because his teenage fans would have forgotten him just like they forgot the others of the time. MJ reinvented himself and grew in order to stay in the business. He did the right thing. Also MJ did showcase his dancing skills when he auditioned for Motown. He was always a dancer.[/b]
I don't think he was referring to the type of music per se, as much as showcasing his voice more -- without all of the signature 'sounds' he does with his voice. At least that is what I would like to hear more of.

The one thing that I will say is that people shouldn't ever think that the allegations are a given to be mentioned with Michael Jackson from here to eternity. No, it is not. Whenever it is brought up and tacked on to mentionings or subject matter that has nothing to really do with the allegations, that is simply a choice. It will never be a must.

John Legend chose to bring up the subject when the same could have been written without any impact on the original point of the article. He wanted to talked about the allegations and put it out there once again when what he was originally writing about had nothing to do with the allegations. I can write forever about Michael Jackson's impact on music, his talent, his career choices, etc. without having to bring up allegations.

If you don't believe me, do some history checking on so many "upstanding" stars. See what gets mentioned time and time again and what does not. It is and always will be by choice. Don't ever forget that.[/b]
No doubt.

To me, his style is brilliant, the timing and the control involved in his vocal grunts, hiccups, etc... is amazing, and its something that, to me, is underappreciated. That's me, I love it. Just stating how I feel. No one has to agree.

As if it isn't the truth? It is tarnished.[/b]
Maybe in some peoples minds. Not everyone feels that way. It can't be so bad, every artist I see now these days try to sing dance or dress like him.

If you don't believe me, do some history checking on so many "upstanding" stars. See what gets mentioned time and time again and what does not. It is and always will be by choice. Don't ever forget that.[/b]
I totally agree! :yes:

They probably own all of Michael's CD's and then glom all over them at night, lol.

Hey, I'm just stating my opinion. I don't like to be negative, I don't like drama, I'm just saying what I feel. Nothing wrong with that. I'll always say this, just because you're a fan of Michael's doesn't mean I'm gonna be a fan of yours. Just because everyone else thinks its great doesn’t mean I'm going to, or others, as Datsymay and ATLF agreed with me. lol, someone does. All opinions should be allowed to be expressed without having someone jump down your throat for it. You’re obviously allowed to disagree, but a better approach to this is to state, using supporting facts, why, instead of attacking and getting angry.

Legends comments about the allegations speak to an unfortunate circumstance within people's minds, and they are blind to their own actions in this. The fact that it continues to be mentioned, especially in the context Legend mentioned it, only increases the over all affect it has on Michael and his career. Legend is saying it's too bad that the allegations have tainted Michael as an artist, but its people like him and his continual harping on about it, mentioning it in an article where, otherwise it is sorely out of place, that keeps the allegations alive and fresh in people's minds.

Here's the thing though. He may think the trial and the allegations will have some huge, detrimental affect on Michael's ability to come back, but they won't. This thing happened to Michael 14 years ago, it was a far worse situation, publicity wise, in 1993, and it didn't ruin his career, it didn't keep him from still moving more units and having more hits then anyone else, it didn't do any of that. It didn't ruin his career, and the trial, which cast Michael in a far more favorable light then the 93 allegations, due to the trial taking place, will certainly do no more harm to his image and his career then had already been done in the past. When people say his reputation is in shambles, they're wrong, it isn't. His reputation is actually doing better then it was when History came out, every where I look, some artist is praising Michael to high heaven, John Legend is hardly unique in his outspoken admiration for Michael. At least people like Usher supported Michael during the trial; Alicia Key's did the same, LL Cool J. That impresses me. But it's more common to hear artists call Michael a genius then a freak, that's what I've noticed. His artistry and his talent can't be denied and it ultimately has always over ridden the shadow those ridiculous accusations cast on him. Just like with Charlie Chaplin, eventually, it's always the artist's contributions which take center stage. John Legend doesn't understand that, in my view, and I just simply found his comments to be a rehash and safe. He can like whatever he wants, but what I took away from that is, he's been conditioned in to the same mindset as the majority of the public, in that he thinks the only truly relevant work Michael's ever produced were his first two solo albums and his J5 stuff. I just get that impression from what he said. Like he can't think on his own, he's just repeating what he's always heard, what's such common rhetoric among people in general and music critics, it's so easy. That's what made it such a weak article for me. Just my opinion, not meant to insight or outrage, just my opinion.[/b]
I agree!

I don't think he was referring to the type of music per se, as much as showcasing his voice more -- without all of the signature 'sounds' he does with his voice. At least that is what I would like to hear more of.[/b]

That's EXACTLY what I meant! :yes: I don't see how they can see another side to what I said but hey that's ok too. I mean yeah they're his trademarks but it seemed to overshadow the fact that the brother could really belt it out if he wanted to ("Heaven Can Wait" was a fine example of that even with the strain, it was still soulful).

I just hope that they he gets his stuff played on the radio here. But JL did make a valid point: some peeps don't separate the music from the rep.[/b]

And the problem is they never will. The best thing to do IS deal with it because if we couldn't convince them BEFORE or he couldn't convince them regardless of the facts, what makes any of us think anything will change. Mike should just go ahead and do his thing and not even worry about it. That said, I hope he does get played on the radio.

That's EXACTLY what I meant! :yes: I don't see how they can see another side to what I said but hey that's ok too. I mean yeah they're his trademarks but it seemed to overshadow the fact that the brother could really belt it out if he wanted to ("Heaven Can Wait" was a fine example of that even with the strain, it was still soulful).[/b]
It does overshadow it because it's overdone.

And the problem is they never will. The best thing to do IS deal with it because if we couldn't convince them BEFORE or he couldn't convince them regardless of the facts, what makes any of us think anything will change. Mike should just go ahead and do his thing and not even worry about it. That said, I hope he does get played on the radio.[/b]

True which is why there's really no sense in stressing over it all the time. People either like him or they don't, every artist has haters. I realize MJ has more haters than the average artist though but it is what it is. I'm just gonna continue to listen to his music and enjoy it regardless of what anyone says. And yes I also hope that he gets played on the radio but if he doesn't it wont be the end of the world. Michael has a strong fan base tho so he should be alright.

He's revolutionized
video (filM)
Dance
Tour productions
album sales
Entertainment financias
Music

great post!

i generally agree with the views of mello, timmy, and dirty diana. indeed, michael's reputation has been tarnished and it has been hanging on his head like the sword of damocles. a lot of people mention michael as a music genius and as a child molester in the same breath. of course we know the latter to be untrue but a lot has already made up their minds and i think that sad to say, it will forever hound michael. the allegations are what's keeping michael's comeback as an artist difficult. there is not an iota of doubt that he can deliver but in the entertainment industry, timing is everything. even with good music he just can't release it anytime he pleases. it has to be in the right atmosphere,work with the right people, have the right connection and formula for promotion. i think these are the reasons why michael's album is taking forever to be released(aside of course from the fact that he really is a perfectionist).
and we must remember,there are those in the media who has made it their jobs to demolish michael. hence there are still articles or shows whch continously reinforces in the people's mind his being a child molester). these so called media practitioners are the stumbling block to his comeback because they downgrade whatever gains michael is making for an image make0ver. these are the people who make his comeback diffficult. as for john legend's article, it is one of the most truthful written about michael and i don't think we should take it against the man for being well...painfully honest

I will never buy the thought that being honest means always mentioning the allegations or trial in every discussion about Michael Jackson. If you are talking about overcoming major public relations and personal obstacles, then okay. If you are talking about the problems that he might face with a new promotional campaign, then okay. If you are talking about his personal strength, then okay.

But, talking about his contributions to music? Talking about his influence in terms of music videos? Talking about his drive for future success in the music industry? It has nothing to do with it.

I think that Michael has many friends and family who are honest with him and know him to the core. But, I don't think every discussion they have with him has some insertion about the allegations or the trial.

Vogue is an example in terms of focusing on Michael as a performer/entertainer/legend. What they were after had nothing to do with the allegations and trial and they kept it that way. John Legend should have done so too since he had no insight from the man himself about his drive to get past such and back into the music business. Apparently he didn't think that the allegations left such a big scar or tarnish on his legacy that he wasn't willing to work on music for him. Most don't accept working with those that they truly see as tarnished. I do believe like others have said that some people simply think that they must mention the allegations in order to be perceived as "honest" and "keeping it real."

But, truly, "keeping it real" is treating the man as if he was acquitted on 14 counts after every thing in the book was thrown at him during trial. And "keeping it real" is treating the man as if prior allegations never even made it to criminal court because grand juries refused to indict--keep in mind, grand juries, who have the reputations for "indicting ham sandwiches." Anyone wants to be honest about what Michael Jackson is dealing with--then that is it in a nutshell. The rest has nothing to do with honesty or being real about Michael's situation in terms of public perception; it is about attempts to hang a cloud over his held.

all you have to say is that Michael Jackson changed the course of Music twice first as a child and then as a Adult. He changed Music and Pop culture as we know it and if he elects to never record again, then he doesn't have to, because his Work speaks for itself and is timeless.

Q Magazine and John Legend don't show me much. Q is borderline tabloid and limited. John Legend is so boring musically that it ain't even funny. you just stay with the script as it is.

how many other artists have had everything they have done in a Booth and out of a Booth tied all as one?

MJ's had a million trillion comebacks. I doubt that this next one will be any different than the last ones. Like someone already said, 93 was WORSE than the 03 allegatons because of the settlement ( i suppose). MJ fought this in court and won. now, MJ can't get in people heads and scream BELIEVE ME! He can't WORRY about that crap now. People either like him or they dont. PERIOD. If Mj worries too much about that, about DAMAGE CONTROL, about doing this at this time, this way, saying this and that for the soul purpose of getting peeps to think good things about him...it'll be a lost cause. Now if its simply about good marketing strategies, of course MJ probably knows the ends and outs of all that....he's been in the biz a while. Marketing stategies are always good. But if all that effort is just to get people to warm up to him, At this point, he can't change people's minds. I mean he got a not guilty judgment by a jury of his peers, if they don't believe that, there's nothing he can really do or say to get people to think good things about him. Again, if people have an issue with the way he looks, MJ can cut his hair, he can do this and that with his clothes, but peeps already made up their minds about the guy so, that's THEIR issue...not Michaels. They either by his stuff or they don't. However, I think MJ has more supporters than haters...and therefore, all he needs to do is DO HIS THANG, however HE wants to do it. And I really mean how HEEEE wants to, that means if he wants to push the envelope, do movies, music videos, expensive trailers, fly to the moon and moonwalk and have it broadcasted in 15 countries simultaneously...if that is what his gut is telling him to do artistically, he should do it . :lol: If he wants to play it cool and simple, then that is what he should do. he should do what MICHAEL JACKSON wants to do.

Simply put, yes, peeps will talk crap about him. MJ's had everything Bad that could be said about him, actually SAID about him. People will continue to say crap stuff about him. It's been happening for EVER, but he still breaks records. He still is successful. Period. People still love him. They loooooooove him. They can make all the "MJ IS THE ANTI CHRIST (enter creepy music)" type documentaries...they've done TONS by now. What that do? NOTHING. NOTHING. The WORST has been thrown at MJ...anything else that these haters have to throw at him is like....PFFFTTTT. It ain't nothing anymore. Frankly if ANYBODY try and sabotage this next project I think the public will definitely catch on. And I mean if they just rip him in another documentary, if something goes down...people are gonna be like, DUDE...thats a lil MUCH. lol U can already tell it's happening. The same song is getting OLD NOW. Time for Michael to bring on a new beat.

He has NOTHING to worry about at this point.

Back