Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

Just finished listening to the 2 cd deluxe edition and can honestly say it's the BEST Michael Jackson CD i've brought in years!
And anybody who jumps on the bandwagon and says it's just a greatest hits package is only fooling themselves!

Jackson_popcorn.gif

I got an email saying my order was shipped so any day now. I want to get it on itunes as well. I saw the show and I'll be there and Childhood are really special. It was those 2 songs that made me cry.

Michael Jackson's music reimagined in 'Immortal'

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson fans, who just endured six weeks of court testimony about his death,
can enjoy a reimagining of the pop icon's music with Monday's release of "Immortal."
Epic Records, which is selling a "Deluxe" two-disc, 100-minute version and a less-expensive 78-minute, single-disc album, says fans will "experience his music in an entirely new way."

The "Deluxe" version is the soundtrack to Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour," which began a North American tour last month.

The 22 tracks include parts of 42 of Jackson's greatest hits, but "with a little extra or a little less than the songs you grew up with,
" said Kevin Antunes, who has the title of "music designer" for the Cirque project.

Antunes worked for a year with Cirque show writer/director Jamie King to choose from among 40 years of Jackson master recordings to design the "soundscape" for the live action acrobatics. The challenge was shortening the songs to fit the show, he said.

It's "a reimagining of Jackson's music" put together for the Cirque du Soleil show, but Epic Records executives realized that the soundtrack would be a "powerhouse of a CD," Antunes said.

The Cirque du Soleil performance demanded "a lot more energy, more of a dance groove," than the previously-released Jackson songs, said Antunes, who has also worked with Rihanna, Justin Timberlake and Madonna.

Jackson's vocals were rebalanced to make him more dominant in the mix, compared to the original tracks where Jackson often blended his voice with the instruments.

"Sometimes his hits were so big you forget about his vocal range, diction, his breathing," Antunes said.
Since Antunes had the multi-track master recordings to work from, he could strip away everything but Michael Jackson and rebuild songs, which he did with "I'll Be There."

The "Immortal" version of the Jackson 5's biggest hit is simply the 11-year-old Michael's voice as heard in June 1970 -- without the digital process that's routine in studios now -- and a single piano track.
"That's his vocal the way that it was, just genuinely beautiful," Antunes said. "A young Michael Jackson is still today schooling all the vocalists of our era."

The song, however, is not on the single-CD version.
Both versions do include a Jackson 5 medley that features Michael and his brothers on an alternative take of "ABC" found on the master tapes from a December 1969 recording session.

The "Immortal Mega-mix," which was released as a single three weeks ago, is a "completely uplifting, a big dance number," including "Can You Feel It," "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough," "Billie Jean," and "Black or White," he said.

Heavy D, who died this month, made it onto "Immortal" through his rap from Jackson's 1992 hit "Jam."
"The Immortal Intro" is a montage of sound from Jackson's songs, videos and TV appearances that longtime fans should recognize, including a snippet of Jackson teaching Michael Jordan to dance at the end of his "Jam" video.

Other tracks include sounds from Jackson videos that were not on the albums when they came out, Antunes said.
"Thriller" is one of them. "You're getting this huge, scary dose of Michael," he said.
Antune's most dramatic "reimagining" may be with "They Don't Really Care About Us."

Antunes found a master recording of a choir that Jackson recorded for the song, but it was never used. The new version has it. He also adds the dramatic marching sounds of the soldiers Jackson created for his "This Is It" show.
Jackson's died just days before his first comeback concert was scheduled.

Dr. Conrad Murray, who served as Jackson's personal physician while he prepared for the tour, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in his death this month and will be sentenced next week.

The Cirque du Soleil show, which focuses fans away from Jackson's death and back to his art, is on a year-long tour of the United States and Canada.
While the CD is its soundtrack, it is not exactly like the show, which Antunes said is still evolving. The show uses live musicians, while the CD's music is almost entirely from recordings made during Jackson's life.
No matter where you hear it -- in an arena, your car or on an iPod -- "it will touch you," Antunes said.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/21/showbiz/michael-jackson-immortal/index.html?hpt=hp_bn7

Manic Monday: New CDs From Rihanna, Gaga, Nickelback, Mary J. Blige

1316429-album-track-by-track-rihanna-gaga-mary-j-michael-jackson-617-409.jpg

This week officially kicks off the busy holiday shopping season -- and with new albums from Rihanna, Mary J. Blige, Lady Gaga, Nickelback and Michael Jackson all coming out on Monday, Nov. 21, there will be no shortage of superstars debuting on the Billboard 200 albums chart next week.

All eyes are on Rihanna, as the pop diva could notch her first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart this week with her just-released "Talk That Talk," which dropped Nov. 21.

But, the entertainer will have to fend off a bevy of superstars in her hunt for the No. 1 slot.

Also released Nov. 21, we have Nickelback's "Here and Now," Michael Jackson's "Immortal," Mary J. Blige's "My Life II: The Journey Continues, Act I" and Taylor Swift's "Speak Now World Tour Live" among many other new albums.

And lest we forget Drake's "Take Care," which could sustain momentum in its second week on the chart, putting up a fight for the pole position. Not to mention Michael Buble's still-going-strong "Christmas" album.

"Talk" is Rihanna's sixth studio set and seems certain to be her sixth top 10 effort as well. Despite her staggering success with singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart (11 No. 1s and counting) she's never gone higher than No. 2 on the Billboard 200 album tally (with 2007's "Good Girl Gone Bad").

Further, Rihanna's best sales week for an album came with 2010's "Loud," which shifted 207,000 in its premiere frame at No. 3. Her new album will have to sell more than than to ensure a No. 1 debut on the Billboard 200.

Can she do it? Anything is possible. After all, Rihanna has had a great 2011 leading up to the release of "Talk," which could give her an advantage on the albums chart. Her last set, "Loud," spawned three No. 1 Hot 100 singles -- "Only Girl (In the World)," "What's My Name" and "S&M" -- and "Talk's" first single, "We Found Love," has already hit No. 1.

But, could Nickelback be the act to block Rihanna from No. 1 on the Billboard 200?

The rock band's seventh studio album, "Here and Now," seems a likely candidate for the chart's top debut. They've had three previous efforts start in the top two, including one No. 1: 2005's "All the Right Reasons." Their last album, 2008's "Dark Horse," bowed at No. 2 with 326,000. Its big first week was aided by its hit lead single, "Gotta Be Somebody," which reached No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Wild cards in the mix include Jackson's "Immortal" -- the companion piece to Cirque du Soleil's touring production about the entertainer -- and Blige's "My Life II." "Immortal" is a quasi-greatest hits album, in the style of the Beatles' Cirque-presented "Love," where the King of Pop's biggest singles are mashed-up into medleys and such.

Jackson's last release, the posthumous studio album "Michael," sold 228,000 in its first week (No. 3) last December, while the Beatles' "Love" shifted 272,000 when it started at No. 4 in 2006.

Since 1997, every one of Mary J. Blige's studio albums have debuted at either Nos. 1 or 2 on the Billboard 200. Can "My Life II" continue the streak? Her last set, 2009's "Stronger With Each Tear," landed at No. 2 with 330,000 in its first week, following its release on Dec. 22.

Lastly, but certainly not least, we have Taylor Swift's "Speak Now World Tour Live" CD/DVD package, which could profit from a busy Thanksgiving shopping week and land Billboard's Woman of the Year another top five album.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/manic-monday-new-cds-from-rihanna-gaga-nickelback-1005549162.story

Michael Jackson needs our help !

Today 6 big albums released

1. Michael Jackson - Immortal
2. Rihanna - Talk That Talk
3. Lady GaGa - Born This Way The Remix
4. Taylor Swift - Speak Now World Tour Live
5. Mary J. Blige - My Life II: The Journey Continues, Act I
6. Nickelback - Here and Now

And us Michael Jackson fans we must make sure that Michael Jackson's album Immortal debuts at #1 on all music charts around the world.

How can I help MJ get another album #1 ?

#1 Buy Immortal right now in it's first week of release.
#2 If possible buy multiple copies of Immortal.
#3 Tell your friends & family to do the same.
#4 Help promote Immortal on Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace.
#5 Call as many radio stations as possible and ask them to play songs from the Immortal album.

Thank You and let's hope the King of Pop Michael Jackson goes back where belongs to the top of the music charts.

I KNOW RIGHT? i went to sanity and jbhi in perth and they barely even knew what i was talking about! checked out the websites tho and its listed as arrival on the 25th. i think we might be lucky if it cracks the top 40 in Australia :(

Do u mean it will arrive in 25th of this month or in december? i know we hardly get any promotion on mjs music here anymore :(

Just got an alert that the album is in stores. Does anyone know if it is in Best Buy.

Just got an alert that the album is in stores. Does anyone know if it is in Best Buy.
Should be. If you go back a few pages, Qbee posted a $2 BB coupon. You get $2 off if you buy the album from BestBuy by November 23. I am going to the one on 5th and 44th tomorrow. Will let you know.

It's only number 50 on iTunes. I was thinking it would be around 8 or 11. :(

^^ Well, what do we expect when even fans go to Amazon an trash it: http://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Delu...tBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R3N7NJM99RBW5D

Sometimes I think with fans like this MJ doesn't need enemies.
I hate when some fans don't appreciate MJ's music.

These lyrics go well with that so called "fan" on Amazon

Why are they never satisfied with an all you give, (yeh, yeh, yeh, yeah)
You give them your all They're watching you fall
They eat your soul

Sometimes I think it's his own fans who will assist in destroying Michael's legacy. The media will have a field day with yet another "failed" MJ project after "Michael". (Even though I think the criticism for "Michael" was somewhat justified, but it isn't for this album.) The media will twist this into "noone is interested in MJ any more". They will say: "Look at Elvis, look at the Beatles, they are still big sellers (especially the Beatles), but not MJ". Well, thing is that the fans of Beatles actually support their own band...

And BTW look at the reviews written by "sunder", "mature" and "Daryl". I have the feeling they were written by the same person: all three gave two stars only, two of those reviews compares it to Beatles' "Love" (unfavorably for "Immortal"), but the big giveaway to me seems to be that they all signed their name at the end the same way: "A. Aider", "R. Pearson", "K.Fox". Noone else signed their name, let alone the same way.

And two of those usernames are signed up only for reviewing "Immortal" - they haven't reviewed anything else before.

So folks, go to Amazon and give positive reviews! We are under attack.

I like the album very much! Unfortunately, it has almost NO advertising.. That's too bad... No posters in my country, no ads on TV... I think it deserves to be promoted!

^^ Same here. In my country I guess hardcore fans know about it and that's it.

I don't think it was meant to compete for Nr 1 by Sony, but I hope it will sell well on the long term as more and more people watch the show.

^yeah but maybe advertising will start in respective countries when cirque comes to each country... i guess it would only make sense. i have seen adverts on youtube and facebook tho...

Do u mean it will arrive in 25th of this month or in december? i know we hardly get any promotion on mjs music here anymore :(
25th of november. i didnt expect much advertising in Australia but i've tried 3 stores now and i cant believe no one knows what i'm talking about. its MICHAEL JACKSON MAN!!!

25th of november. i didnt expect much advertising in Australia but i've tried 3 stores now and i cant believe no one knows what i'm talking about. its MICHAEL JACKSON MAN!!!

Yeh i looked at jbhifi site and it said it was arriving on that day but if it actually turns up in stores who knows.

have to be honest... i was a bit picky about buying this album. So i downloaded it first. And i was right, not my album.

Love some vocals that they putted in the songs and love to hear MJ's voice everytime. But most of the remixes they made are not my taste.
Was expecting more from the "Immortal" Producers.

Back