Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

^ Let's aim for 100K

We can do it... It is performing BETTER today on iTunes, than yesterday. This might skewered HDD's predictions, because they are based on 1st day sale.

Last edited:
Now is the time to Buy Michael Jackson's new album IMMORTAL we have to
make sure it debuts at #1 next week Please buy and support MJ to #One

I think this album will have a long shelf life so the chart no's are not that important. People who watch the shows will probably be tempted to buy it as a reminder of their evening out, it will run and run I believe. Hopefully we will get some impressive numbers in sales.

^^I think so too, because I am going to buy some copies at the fanconvention in Vegas. So we should expect people would buy from the store and also get a copy after the event. Maybe there will be more sales on Black Friday in the US, since many people shop on that day.

For those Aussies here.. I just bought both editions from JB HI FI! :woohoo: ! I was so excited when I saw them. The CD's are just wonderful. I haven't listened to it all yet (I was pumping it in my car) but by the third track I was in tears! Very emotional and well put together record. It's definitely been done with L.O.V.E. It's wonderful to have a new Michael Jackson release done in the right circumstance and right manner. No controversy, no bullshit. Just enjoyment of the music. It's how it should be and this is a very special CD.

Please - buy it. Any of you having doubts. Do it. You won't regret it.

For those Aussies here.. I just bought both editions from JB HI FI! :woohoo: ! I was so excited when I saw them. The CD's are just wonderful. I haven't listened to it all yet (I was pumping it in my car) but by the third track I was in tears! Very emotional and well put together record. It's definitely been done with L.O.V.E. It's wonderful to have a new Michael Jackson release done in the right circumstance and right manner. No controversy, no bullshit. Just enjoyment of the music. It's how it should be and this is a very special CD.

Please - buy it. Any of you having doubts. Do it. You won't regret it.

Im hoping it will be at my local jbhifi tomorrow or at least by friday when its meant to be there so i can get it this week. I've been listening to the soundtrack on michaeljackson.com and i love it, its great

OK, I'll withdraw all my negative comments I've made on this album. Just got my copy of Japanese deluxe edition and I absolutely love it. Maybe it is because it's like the third time I listen to this album and I made so many new discoveries in it.
Now, word of advice: make sure you get the deluxe edition. The backing chorus on Scream is clearer than ever, and you can clearly hear that the lyrics are "pressuring me" instead of something like "pesherin me". Hurry up before the deluxe edition goes out of print. I mean it.
It's not like what they did with Beatles' Love, to mix up many elements from many songs, but they must've done tons of work to polish Michael's vocals.
I wouldn't say this is the best MJ album I ever bought, but it's definitely better than Michael.

I happened to go into Tesco yesterday (the UK's biggest supermarket for those who don't know) and the album doesn't appear in their Top 40 at all. They didn't even have any copies on their other music shelves (so no album presence or promotion at all by them). Understandable I suppose given that the show isn't in the UK yet and there seems to be no UK focused promotion by the record company.
The album doesn't feature in the Amazon.co.uk Top40 either (it's currently at #126).

According to Mediaweek after the 1st day of sales 'Immortal' was at #36 in the UK Top 40, which is better than I expected, but as that includes pre-orders (and a lack of promotion) I would expect it to miss the Top40 when the chart is announced on Sunday.

Is there any differences between songs on standard edition (like Privacy & Tabloid Junkie snippets)? I've only listen deluxe version, I'm still waiting for my standard edition to arrive.

Just bought the deluxe-version today and I'm listening to it right now. I'm not even done yet but I can already say I LOVE this album!! I didn't listen to the remixes before hand so now I get to experience the magic all at once and I'm impressed. And deeply moved also, I believe that a lot of love has gone into putting this compilation together.

I'm happy that we got a release that pretty much the whole fan community can enjoy. No controversy, no drama, no fights, no splitting up the fanbase -just a blissful music experience.

To make this day even more special, I just got inside information from another fan that CdS will bring Immortal to Helsinki, Finland on November 5th, 2012!! Less than a year to go!:party:

To make this day even more special, I just got inside information from another fan that CdS will bring Immortal to Helsinki, Finland on November 5th, 2012!! Less than a year to go!:party:

Wow, I hope they're correct so that you can enjoy the show.
Do you think they might know about UK dates?

EDIT: I just noticed that Vienna and Hanover have been added to the CdS Immortal website as 'coming soon' so I guess they'll start adding Euro dates soon.

Last edited:
I'm pretty tired of this Cascio songs debate. There is a thread for this discussion. Stop bringing it up in every other thread. There are people who have actually moved on and don't want to discuss this forever and in every single thread. Thanks.

First MJ full lenght album I'm not buying since I discovered him and his genius in 1987... Anybody knows if the booklet pages are scanned and shown anywhere on the internet? Can alway hope for some cool and unseen Michael photos!

Mod Note: Thread cleaned
Once again this thread has been purposley derailed with casico song debates and discussions. I can't count how many times ive had to clean this thread. Those who continue will have ther account infracted for blatant disreguard of the many mod warnings not to do that placed in this thread. There will be no mistaken idendity or I didnt know becuase its the same people over and over. You have no further defense. All posts quotes and replies have been deleted - I you wish to discuss and debate the casico tracks we have a special sticky thread in controvery forum.
BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE :)

Please dont personally attack me in this thread if your post was deleted. It was becuase it was in the frey and it either quoted or was part of the debate - if you wish to reform a comment that is not debating casico tracks or discussing the valdity - please feel free. But to personally attack me for doing the job i was asked to do here is wrong :( dont make me feel like some evil school marm mis-treating the children LOL - This job is not easy and the pay sucks

EDIT ..
Also if a mod deletes your post please dont arrogantly repost it.If you have a problem with a mods action or decision please take it to the board administration Ivy or GAZ so the issue can be resolved but do not publically or personally attack ANY mod for doing what they are asked to do on this board.

So back on topic did Siedah record new vocals for I just Can't Stop Loving You or is it just another take because they sound slightly different to me. Or am I hearing wrong?

I got the cd today!!!!! :wild: it was finally in the store. But b4 i saw the cd on the shelf i asked the staff if it was in and she said no. Then i turned around it was there on the shelf!

Updated projections from HDD -- seems like MJ will just miss the top 10:

JINGLE BUBLE ALL THE WAY

Crooners Appears the Big Winner for Black Friday, as Nickelback, Rihanna, Daughtry, Mary J. Blige, BTR, Taylor Swift Debut

November 23, 2011

This holiday season, it appears Michael Buble’s Christmas album is the gift that keeps on giving.
Based on one-day sales, the Reprise recording artist’s year-end collection looks to be the big winner coming out of Black Friday, with an estimate of 250-275k, which would be enough to turn back all the Mega Monday debuts.

Still, given the big shopping weekend, please expect a greater than usual margin of error from our crack (head) retail department’s flow of misinformation.

Roadrunner’s Nickelback win the battle of the newcomers, with its seventh studio album, Here and Now, which is looking to be in the 210-225k range. Its last album, 2008’s Dark Horse, debuted with 327k on its way to a 3.1 million total.

Last week’s chartopper, YM/CM/Universal Republic’s Drake, drops to #3 with an estimated 190-215k, bringing its two-week total to around 860k.

Def Jam/IDJ pop diva Rihanna’s Talk That Talk should enter at #4, with between 180-200k, which compares favorably to the 207k she debuted with for last year’s Loud.

Geffen’s Mary J. Blige, with My Life II… The Journey Continues (Act 1), the sequel to her 1994 album, should debut at #5 with 130-140k.

XL/Columbia perennial Adele’s 21 just continues its 100k+ per week pace with another 120-130k, which will take her over the 4.6 million mark. She’ll easily top 5 million before the end of the year.

Rounding out the Top 10, Nickelodeon/Columbia teenpop act Big Time Rush will enter with 90-100k, followed by Island/IDJ’s Justin Bieber sporting the same amount and the debut of Big Machine’s Taylor Swift live CD/DVD, Speak Now World Tour Live, with 85-95k

Other New Releases hitting the Top 50 include Epic’s Michael Jackson Immortal Cirque de Soleil soundtrack (50-60k), Capitol/EMI’s Bob Seger Ultimate Hits compilation (45-55k), Ghet-O-Vision/Shady/Interscope’s Yelawolf (40-50k), Columbia’s America’s Got Talent winner Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. (30-40k), Wind-up Idol rocker James Durbin’s debut (20-25k) and Universal Republic’s Rolling Stones Some Girls reissue (20-25k).

Did you ever think you’d see the day James Durbin would match the Stones in album sales? Neither did we.

Albums sales were up 9% vs. last week, down 13% vs. same week last year and up 3% year to date.

Track Sales were down 4% vs. last week, down 3% vs. same week last year and up 10% year to date.

TEA (Track Equivalent Album) sales were up 6% vs. last week, down 11% vs. same week last year and up 5% year to date.

You may now return to your tryptophan-induced coma

1. Michael Buble 250-275K
2. Nickelback 210-225K
3. Drake 190-215K
4. Rihanna 180-200K
5. Daughtry 140-160K
6. Mary J Blige 130-140K
7. Adele 120-130K
8. Big Time Rush 90-100K
9. Justin Bieber 85-95K
10. Taylor Swift 85-95K

Michael Jackson 50-60K
Bob Seger 45-55K
Yelawolf 40-50K
Landau Eugene Murphy 30-40K
Jams Durbin 20-25K
Rolling Stones 20-25K

Music industry is depressing... the biggest week of the way and all we have are these pitiful sales?

Anyone else find it terribly sad that MJ came into the world as the music industry was exploding (Elvis, Beatles, Motown) ..and he died as the it is rapidly descending into an abyss & music videos are becoming irrelevant.

It's like his whole life was planned around his art.

Last edited:
My Immortal CD was delivered yesterday and I really like it.

I got my cds today. Can't wait to listen to them. Are those figures for sure? It's only Wednesday.

I love, love, love this CD. I got the deluxe edition. Michael's vocals are on top of the music, they are crisp and beautiful. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but the music is put to the back and Michael's vocals just soar. The striped down I'll Be There is so beautiful. Just the child's vocals and the piano---it could only be better if he were here singing it for us.

Music industry is depressing... the biggest week of the way and all we have are these pitiful sales?

Anyone else find it terribly sad that MJ came into the world as the music industry was exploding (Elvis, Beatles, Motown) ..and he died as the it is rapidly descending into an abyss & music videos are becoming irrelevant.

It's like his whole life was planned around his art.

I know what you mean. I don't even remember the last time I have seen a good, creative video (I mean from this generation of artists). But then why would they make good videos when not even MTV focuses on music videos any more?

Back